Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,870 members, 7,973,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:20 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1823) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2326150 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 5:27pm On Oct 11
8pieces of jinko 580w= 4640 doing over 100%. Dont play. If youre in benin, and you need original brand new jinko panels at very good prices. Hit me up!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 5:44pm On Oct 11
HeavenlyBang:
The most power I've gotten from a 1.74kw array so far. 93%. Considering temperature, perfectly in line with what Jinko rates the panels at.

Point is, you can't go wrong with Jinko panels.

Yeah...solar generation has improved recently. Mine is mixed panels of 2x jinko 625w, 8x 270w(Chinese sunpower) and 1x 280w Neptune panel all connected in series . Making total 3.69kw pv. Seeing over 90% instantaneous generation is refreshing

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask4bk(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11
Hi... I'm selling this brand new Aurora high quality lifepo4 battery 10.5kwh for only 2m.

Location Abuja.

I'm selling it coz I have another 14kwh I'm using already.

HolĂ  if interested

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ask4bk(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11
HeavenlyBang:
The most power I've gotten from a 1.74kw array so far. 93%. Considering temperature, perfectly in line with what Jinko rates the panels at.

Point is, you can't go wrong with Jinko panels.
Using original jinko panels too 8x555w (4440w) and even at 11am I'm getting 4.1kw.
Those panels are just so good.
I've one that shattered during transportation and still producing good energy. I just used it to power one fridge, shikena.

Whereas my cworth 350w panels only give me like 160w each. Very poor.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:22am
HeavenlyBang:

300w X 8 X 2 = 4.8kwh

Accounting for losses and all, you'd need a 5.12kwh battery.

They generally go for about 1.1m.
To account for inefficiencies, and days / times of bad weather, I would suggest the following

1pcs 300-watts Solar panel
1pcs 200AH / 220AH battery
1pcs 20 / 30 / 40+ Amps PWM charge controller
1pcs Inverter / UPS
Aluminium / Copper Cables depending on distance between roof and your setUp

Above are thee basics and all you require most times.

With regards to cost, you either go Brand New or USED depending on your budget.

If you plan upgrading later (most times you would even if you think you wouldn't), would suggest you buy a minimum of 40Amps charge Controller. if you can't easily afford an inverter (please don't buy sachet inverter. Not sure I would have time to give reasons), buy a used UPS and we in here would direct you on how to use it; that's if you don't already know.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bassdow: 1:23am
ask4bk:

Using original jinko panels too 8x555w (4440w) and even at 11am I'm getting 4.1kw.
Those panels are just so good.
I've one that shattered during transportation and still producing good energy. I just used it to power one fridge, shikena.

Whereas my cworth 350w panels only give me like 160w each. Very poor.
Any average quality Solar panel should give same or similar result all things equal

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:40am
bassdow:
Any average quality Solar panel should give same or similar result all things equal

Unfortunately, most solar panels sold in Nigeria are below average. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: dacool1(m), Justice629(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.