Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,953 members, 7,973,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:13 PM

Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change (59153 Views)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by codemaniacs: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
kk

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Kulas: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmmm,Etisalat kwa?,upon all the advert and noise here and there.No condition is permanent!

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by bbm2016(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

messed up everything just within a period of 2 years including his own life!

what a pathetic being! angry

You will just open mouth talk rubbish
Na buhari they control etisalat
Even when you stop shitting na buhari una go blame

Animanu

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by olatade(m): 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Whoever is coming in to buy this bankrupt company must think twice $1.2b debt isn't joke o. And the market is very competitive now. One wonders where the loan they took went into.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by IMASTEX: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
They sure will change the name

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
Is the modem ZTE or Huwai
kilokeys:
etisalat modem for sale...

1k .. call 07084796868
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by yomi007k(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nigeria is the burial ground of all good foreign business.

I dey tel u...
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Flamzey00(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
My Father My Father. I call upon thou holy name on dis precious day. Abeg; Change Nigeria economy to its previous state so that street Boiz won't complain again. Dollar rate abeg change to #500 again
#Husspuppi na learner for my side#Wash
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by DavidEsq(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
All diz naija ppl, borrowing credit upandan. See as una borrow Etisalat wreck cry

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by ajepako(f): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeria:

From investment-friendly country (job and wealth creation)

to

Investment-hostile country.. (job loss and poverty creation)

Within two years..

Pathetic..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by higgs: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
How come it was so easy for all these directors to walk away? Did they not sign personal guarantees before the loans were availed?

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by mbhs139(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry
what a pathetic being! angry

Stop talking like a full and use your sense, at least, for once. What has Buahri got to do with this? Why are the other telcos not folding up? Your hatred for the man Buhari will not allow you see beyond your nose and make a reasonable comment like the educated person you claim to be.

Meanwhile, as times by, we will come to hear the real reason why the parent company, Etisalat Abu Dabi, pulled out of this deal. There's more than meet the eye to this saga.

Yes, they have to change the brand name, Etisalat because the parent company from Abu Dabi actually owns that brand, and since they have pulled out of the deal, and the company has actually been taken over by the Nigerian central bank, then the needful needs to be done.

4 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
pxjosh:
And my Etisalat line is my major sim! What am I going to do now?
Relax. The network will still be there. There will only be a new name and owner.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by jiangchu: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
as a people when a company or business fail, it should a source of pain to the leader and we the citizen cos a company functioning worth more than resouces lying fallow.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
If this is true then it's very sad because etisalat is the only network I have used that never disappoints,just today I updated titanfall 2 of 2.5gb in less than 40mins.

4 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by HARDDON: 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
all this gov has achieved so far is chronicled in the anal of negative history.
just like the first rule of the northern president.

Daily companies are shutting down, Nigerians are dying of hunger even the little they have to survive on is been taxed out of their lives! yet the mallam is lying in state in a foreign land with a PJ packed awaiting his awake.

God , dear God, kindly deliver this nation

5 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by nwaanambra1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
bbm2016:

You will just open mouth talk rubbish
Na buhari they control etisalat
Even when you stop shitting na buhari una go blame

Animanu

look my friend dont mention me anyhow make serious thunder from hell no fall on you!

so u dont know its his useless policies that have crippled and destroyed almost all the foreign investments in nigeria!

anyways no be ur fault na person dey feed u! angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Relixy2k: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
HsLBroker:
I don't think this is true
All this lies sef. The company has paid about 48% of this debt and still paying. How many of the big firm is debt free in the world or not partly funded by loan? I dont know why the noise about Etisalat debt like it's a new thing? Make we rest jare.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by yomalex(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
MrMcJay:
... And that's how the foreign shareholders danced away with bank loans provided by Nigerian working masses.
i thought i was the only one seeing it like that, they took money and ran away undecided
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by justlaw(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
Vodacom is in Nigeria but they only provide enterprise services to its customers... majorly corporate organizations.

connectpoint:
Wow..a good brand departs, where is Vodacom that has been seeking a license/ground in Nigeria, now is the time to come in Vodacom

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by kjhova(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
HsLBroker:
I don't think this is true

It is very true and you can verify on Reuters.

The Creditors will find a "Vmobile"-eish kindda name for the career for the time being until they find a new core investor.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2017
Relixy2k:
All this lies sef. The company has paid about 48% of this debt and still paying. How many of the big firm is debt free in the world or not partly funded by loan? I dont know why the noise about Etisalat debt like it's a new thing? Make we rest jare.
this must be work of their competitors
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by unitysheart(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hmmm hmmmm
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by ideaz: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
They better return the business to the original owner - Econet Wireless, else the name and management changes will never end!

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by solid3(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Them chop gbese wan run. Na wa o
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Abagworo(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:
Wow..a good brand departs, where is Vodacom that has been seeking a license/ground in Nigeria, now is the time to come in Vodacom
Airtel was once Vodacom but it didn't last.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
justlaw:
Vodacom is in Nigeria but they only provide enterprise services to its customers... majorly corporate organizations.

Wow.. i knew i later heard about them, but mehn Vodacom full-scale is what i need...the telecoms industries know why they're blocking Vodacom... they will run if they continue to provide terrible services..for now i can't complain sha...it's three weeks my service provider have forgotten to disconnet my internet service. ..So i won't complain for now.. grin
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
Abagworo:
Airtel was once Vodacom but it didn't last.

Na..full scale Vodacom...
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by iliyande(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Greed finally killed etiBaba
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Banter1(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Real sad. Etisalat is the best. The only network that refund your money when wrongfully deducted

9 Likes

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by jiangchu: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
olatade:
Whoever is coming in to buy this bankrupt company must think twice $1.2b debt isn't joke o. And the market is very competitive now. One wonders where the loan they took went into.

debt like this are easy to buy. you will have the ability to negotiate any how. you can cut price as high as 50% if you know the right way to do it.
i wish i have the cash. i will buy the asset for cheap and run the company efficiently.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
kilokeys:
etisalat modem for sale...

1k .. call 07084796868

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Trolled On Twitter For Reporting MTN Data Leak / Mark Zuckerberg Launches Facebook Dating / "Anytime You Buy Fairly Used Phone, You Could Be Buying Your Way To Prison".PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.