Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,578 members, 7,944,745 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change (59101 Views)

Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by misspineapple(f): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2017
Was even thinkn of gettn a sim..Nd our politians are still argueing over Magun Confirmation..Naija is in trouble
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by kalufelix(m): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
chai
banky w be like wetin consine me?
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by tosyne2much(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Banky W how market now? cheesy
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Lionofdjungle: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wetin Eniola Badmus go do now? She is one of the etisasat ambassadors.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
"Etisalat pulls out of Nigeria".... Nigeria not pregnant
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by JandyJ(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
kilokeys:
etisalat modem for sale...

1k .. call 07084796868

edit: some pple took this seriously.. pricing the modem .. haba.. it was a joke o.

besides guys.. i teach guitars . check out my profile.. i am the best. (rainbowfingersacademy abuja's tutor)

Is It Unlocked? Am In Edo, Where Is Yr Location?
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
DANGOTE, OTEDOLA PLS COME TO THE RESCUE
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by mapist(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
HsLBroker:
this is not a good news, this must not be true, etisalat is one of the best network in Nigeria

Point of correction, THE BEST

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by omoelerin1: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Another feather added to the cap of that useless ,first london based,smeagol looking,gworo chewing vegetable ...aah tinubu you will never go unpunished
you are a sheer illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by mikaael(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
OrangeDream:
Make una no go o. Chey,i follow cause d problem

I dey owe una #500 since last year

chai..u weekend oo
at least pay them..it will go a long way to offset their bills
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
Let me first collect their loan by dialing *561# i must chop dem first
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by tete7000(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
connectpoint:
Wow..a good brand departs, where is Vodacom that has been seeking a license/ground in Nigeria, now is the time to come in Vodacom

I doubt any serious foreign investor wants to come in now that Nigeria is looking like a country that will soon fracture. Agitations left, right and centre. Political stability will need to return before we expect that to happen.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by zein313: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Certainly a good news for their competitors like glo
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by enemyofprogress: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
centoke30:
Finally, Etisalat will now b like celte, Econet, etc
which network is etc? I have never used that before. Is the network fast or slow ?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Tonytonex(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
oh God
enemyofprogress:
which network is etc? I have never used that before. Is the network fast or slow ?
oh God
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Tonytonex(m): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
oh God! this is so bad. no jobs and ppl re losing more . oh etisalat what a good brand
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by olasquare06: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
evertin is nao change in Nigeria nao nawa oooo
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by AK481(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
omoelerin1:
you are a sheer illiterate.

Sir,you are the illiterate that refuse to reason.
Buhari and his economic team caused it

How?

Ok bring out your calculator.

1.2bn$ borrowed at 150 naira to be payed back in 2years time=180bn naira to be paid back.

Let's say etisalat made an additional profit of 100bn naira that's 280bn naira right!.everybody rejoices.

Loan expires at the late 2016 dollar =504 naira,to pay back =603bn naira plus loan service charge say 630 billion to pay back.

What on earth can save them from not collapsing?

They made good profit for their business.

If they have truelu paid 45% then that have even paid more than they borrrowed in naira.

Next zombie please...

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Before Before, na so so network wahala. Until i come switch to Etisalat. Who remembers this sweet jingle?

Goodbye Etisalat!!

What happens now to those that ported to etisalat then....you all have to port back or is it RE-Port.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by slap1(m): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
Airtel should really step up and take advantage of this uncertainty in Etisalat. It's sad to see Etisalat go. I don't regret having an Etisalat line.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Perezino: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
nwaanambra1:
buhari is a curse! angry

messed up everything just within a period of 2 years including his own life!

I pray that the remaining small sense u get for head shldnt go wit the island flood.

what a pathetic being! angry

Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by NeeKlaus: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
OrangeDream:

Haba Bros! You nor geh conscience o.. grin grin
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Haba Bros! You nor geh conscience o.. grin grin
Walahi, e dey weak my body.. Like say make i buy new sim instead of paying. Anyway, i go try pay
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
mikaael:

chai..u weekend oo at least pay them..it will go a long way to offset their bills
I go pay
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by themanderon: 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
Well am not surprised that they finally ran themselves out of business. It was only a question of time. They failed to study the market as a result they always came up with shitty packages for both their calls especially their usually prohibitive internet data prices. Bye and don't forget to shut the door behind you. Blasted network. angry
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by omoelerin1: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
AK481:

Sir,you are the illiterate that refuse to reason.
Buhari and his economic team caused it

How?

Ok bring out your calculator.

1.2bn$ borrowed at 150 naira to be payed back in 2years time=180bn naira to be paid back.

Let's say etisalat made an additional profit of 100bn naira that's 280bn naira right!.everybody rejoices.

Loan expires at the late 2016 dollar =504 naira,to pay back =603bn naira plus loan service charge say 630 billion to pay back.

What on earth can save them from not collapsing?

They made good profit for their business.

If they have truelu paid 45% then that have even paid more than they borrrowed in naira.

Next zombie please...
just look at what tribalism has turned you to- a stack illiterate! i am sorry for you.
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by chigo003(m): 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Buhari' recessionary gotv self
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by BigBrother9ja: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
deepwater:
Kai

Actually one of the best networks.

This guys made some Nigerians became millionaires with their promo when they first arrived.

Now this is how we paid them back cry
Why borrow borrow?
Dey do pass their range
Mumu people
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by Eeroh95(m): 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2017
OrangeDream:

you wicked ooo.....if nah MTN I for happy with you...those ones nah the real G.guys
Re: Etisalat Pulls Out Of Nigeria, Issues Ultimatum For Name Change by AK481(m): 10:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
omoelerin1:
just look at what tribalism has turned you to- a stack illiterate! i am sorry for you.

Idiot .. roll out your facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno M6 discussions thread / Mark Zuckerberg Launches Facebook Dating / Threads: See Elon Musk's Reply on Twitter's attempt to sue Meta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.