Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,876 members, 7,942,195 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

The Effects Of Irresponsible Parenting - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Effects Of Irresponsible Parenting (1786 Views)

The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / How My Wife Has Been Terrorizing Me Spiritually And The Effects On Us / 'it's Irresponsible For Married Men To Stay Out Late By 11pm'' - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Effects Of Irresponsible Parenting by preshieamadina(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2017
This is my story and I advice you thread cautiously...I know it isn't right to was one's dirty under wear in public ..but I think society needs to hear my story to learn.
I was born into a family of 5 children(3 boys and 2 girls) our first born is a girl and the second is boy then followed by me .. I was the middle born...growing up as a toddler I never experienced that fatherly love from my father..from the look of things then my mum was both my father and mother because she catered for our needs even paying our school fees in primary school..the only thing I remember about my dad was that he buys gibsco bread while returning from town and he disciplines us a lot ...he usually finds fault in my elder sister most times threatening to throw her out of the house (which he did most times) over little things..and any time my mum intervenes he violates her..when my dad was building our house and those of the tenants ..my mum my brother I would go out to fetch water and also carry sands being used for construction...in 2006 my siblings and I witnessed the worst thing any child could witness as child..due to the hardship coupled with the fact that she was pregnant for over a year, my mum was depressed which led to her developing mental issues..Even at that my dad didn't change his ways..instead it he increased his irresponsible behaviour..my own father prefers providing for outsiders rather than his own children ..there was a time my younger brother(our last born ..the one my mum was pregnant with for a year) begged my dad for money and he nonchalantly refused, then my bro asked his friend to go and ask my dad for money and he gave him..this attracted tears to the boys eyes..in 2011 he took me to Accra Ghana to complete my studies. in my ss3 when i was about writing waec he cut ties with me i didnt hear from him for a year even though he was in Ghana as at then..this made me depressed at such a tender age .just imagine a 16 years old boy without any relations in another country..it took the intervention of my elder sis and my uncle to bring me back to Nigeria..when I returned I wrote jamb and I got admitted into the university..without the knowledge of my dad. now am in my third year ,with the new policy of no school fees no exam by the university of port Harcourt management I wonder how I would scale through to final year..some lecturers are even making life more difficult by making their text books compulsory and comes with marks..throughout my three years in uniport my elder sister has been of great help to the family providing our needs and even sending my younger siblings back to school when they dropped out of school...so it would be inhumane of me to keep pressuring for my own needs when she also has her own needs to cater for..sometimes I wonder how she managed to graduate with 2:2 in physiology with all this issues surrounding our family...
This story is not a fairy tale ..it's happening life and my siblings and I are the victim's..this is an awareness to the Nigerian society..

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Irresponsible Parenting by lisbonabdulahi: 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Sex: Matters Arising / Her Hubby Changed / Married Men: What Is Your Wife's Most Important Role?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.