Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,528 members, 7,972,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:27 PM

Her Hubby Changed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Hubby Changed (1790 Views)

Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Hubby Changed by onions: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2010
I'm back bc i relly on this forum for candid advice. A friend of mine got married barely 8months ago,and the guy was sweet back then. But after the wedding the guy changed completely. He gets angry easily,beats her up,lock her out of their bedroom,and only talk to her when he wants sex. She is so stressed and im afraid she may break down. What should she do? Can she resolve the marriage based on physical and sexual abuse? Pls i need candid advice
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 15, 2010
Did she marry him for love or because he provides material comfort?

The answer to this will go a long way in decoding his behaviour
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2010
She married him bc she loved him,and still does. He is not overly rich,just comfortable.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2010
Perhaps:

1. he could be under some kind of stress, work/financial/family.some people dont handle stress that well

2. there could be another woman, Has his habits and timing changed of recent?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 9:20am On Sep 15, 2010
She confided in me that immediately after the wedding he started keeping late night without telling her where he's been. It's so confusing to her bc she talked to him and asked him what the problem was,but that made him more angry. He stopped confiding in her so she can't tell if there is anything bothering him.

He forces her to have sex at the end of the day.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2010
onions:

She confided in me that immediately after the wedding he started keeping late night without telling her where he's been. It's so confusing to her bc she talked to him and asked him what the problem was,but that made him more angry. He stopped confiding in her so she can't tell if there is anything bothering him.

He forces her to have intimacy at the end of the day.

Quite a few men do this.Most times,its because they have left a long-standing girlfriend to marry someone else.They begin feeling guilty and wondering if they made a mistake. sometimes,they go back into the arms of the girlfriend to make her feel better.The girlfriend welcomes him because she feels her man was stolen from him by the wife.Is this scenario present in this case?

It will blow over after a while.Let her persevere
Re: Her Hubby Changed by babyme1(f): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2010
This sounds too hard to believe. Maybe he's passing thru some stress at work
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 15, 2010
baby.me:

This sounds too hard to believe. Maybe he's passing thru some stress at work
or maybe his real self has just started to show.

@POSTER, Picture marriage as this:  coming home after a very hard day work/a party/a very stressful situation
you know how you relax and feel at home? Thats marriage. You are at your comfortable best nothing to hide,
and nothing to be afraid of. Thats why wiser people always say "it takes more than love to make a marriage work"
(trust me I believe it.) Marriage is not a straight line to the happily ever after.

I advice your friend also look closely at her own flaws, Who knows she may also be at fault.
Sometime we are so blinded by our flaws that all we see are others flaws. She also needs to
understand that the intense mutual attraction , lots of time together, intense mutual longing. ,  feelings of butterfly in
stomach etc, put together is called "romantic love" not a life time phenomenon. Let her keep her expectation realistic.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2010
She does not know what has taken her sweet guy from her.She shld just be patient with him.She shld avoid him when he comes in, just greet him and keep to herself.If he asks for anything:sex or whatever, she shld do it with all pleasure and smile instead of her being maltreated anyhow.
Finally tell her to pray to God and trust in Him and He will definitely touch the heart of the guy for her.Becos there is nothing prayers cannot do.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by spikedcylinder: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2010
Something must have happened along the way. Or maybe he's just one of those guys who think they can get away with anything as long as they are married. undecided
Re: Her Hubby Changed by no1madman(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
D guy should speak out and get it off his chest.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by ifyalways(f): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
rokiatu:

or maybe his real self has just started to show.

@POSTER, Picture marriage as this:  coming home after a very hard day work/a party/a very stressful situation
you know how you relax and feel at home? Thats marriage. You are at your comfortable best nothing to hide,
and nothing to be afraid of. Thats why wiser people always say "it takes more than love to make a marriage work"
(trust me I believe it.) Marriage is not a straight line to the happily ever after.

I advice your friend also look closely at her own flaws, Who knows she may also be at fault.
Sometime we are so blinded by our flaws that all we are others flaws. She also needs to
understand that the intense mutual attraction , lots of time together, intense mutual longing. ,  feelings of butterfly in
stomach etc, put together is called "romantic love" not a life time phenomenon. Let her keep her expectation realistic.

Well said.
Men sef,the babe did not just enjoy the marriage b4 he unleashed the beast in him. sad
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
@poster
IMHO
this is what happen when people are rushing into marriage with strangers!
she is discovering THE REAL GUY she married, not the phoney that was doing all kinds of acrobatic dance moves to woo her.
it cant possibly be stress at work etc because when he wants something from the gal (sex) then he knows how to be nice again thus stress has nothing to do with it, he just genuinely dislike that gal.

like someone said earlier, could be that he married her as a second/third choice just to please family and friends.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 16, 2010
First of all, please never blame a woman who is being battered, there is no excuse to raise your hand against another adult.
Secondly, i will advise your friend to be more open on the root cause of his behavior, or does he just suddenly turn a beast? If he batters her, i advice for now she goes home and let their relatives handle it, if not he will send her home in a casket. I have seen this many times, beaten wife, keeps quiet and just stays submissive, she dies of a fractured brain of cause the relatives will hide the actual cause o[b]r she dies from pregnancy induced [/b]hypertension because she is afraid that when she gives birth the beating will continue. Women please stand up for each other, if another woman is being battered dont blame her or excuse the mans behavior, adults settle differences amicably not by beating each other like goats or donkeys. Please be her friend, help her stay away from him for now, till he can learn to control his temper, they need couseling and help, both of them.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by chyz(m): 6:28am On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

I'm back bc i relly on this forum for candid advice. A friend of mine got married barely 8months ago,and the guy was sweet back then. But after the wedding the guy changed completely. He gets angry easily,beats her up,lock her out of their bedroom,and only talk to her when he wants sex. She is so stressed and im afraid she may break down. What should she do? Can she resolve the marriage based on physical and sexual abuse? Pls i need candid advice

He sounds like Fred Flintstone to me  grin

[img]http://kw53.files./2010/03/flintstonesprowler2-3.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 8:42am On Sep 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
IMHO
this is what happen when people are rushing into marriage with strangers!
she is discovering THE REAL GUY she married, not the phoney that was doing all kinds of acrobatic dance moves to woo her.
it cant possibly be stress at work etc because when he wants something from the gal (sex) then he knows how to be nice again thus stress has nothing to do with it, he just genuinely dislike that gal.

like someone said earlier, could be that he married her as a second/third choice just to please family and friends.

They are not strangers to each other. They dated for 3yrs. The most painful part is that he's not even nice when he wants s.ex. He practically r.a.pes her everyday. Im afraid she may break down very soon.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 8:48am On Sep 16, 2010
aisha2:

First of all, please never blame a woman who is being battered, there is no excuse to raise your hand against another adult.
Secondly, i will advise your friend to be more open on the root cause of his behavior, or does he just suddenly turn a beast? If he batters her, i advice for now she goes home and let their relatives handle it, if not he will send her home in a casket. I have seen this many times, beaten wife, keeps quiet and just stays submissive, she dies of a fractured brain of cause the relatives will hide the actual cause o[b]r she dies from pregnancy induced [/b]hypertension because she is afraid that when she gives birth the beating will continue. Women please stand up for each other, if another woman is being battered dont blame her or excuse the mans behavior, adults settle differences amicably not by beating each other like goats or donkeys. Please be her friend, help her stay away from him for now, till he can learn to control his temper, they need couseling and help, both of them.

Thanks for ur thoughtful advice. She's reluctant to bring in her parents bc she said that will make him attack her more. Should i inform the parents myself? He's been beating her up almost everyday and for no reason.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2010
chyz:

He sounds like Fred Flintstone to me  grin

[img]http://kw53.files./2010/03/flintstonesprowler2-3.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

This is not a joke,someone's life is in danger.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by chyz(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

This is not a joke,someone's life is in danger.

If true. Is this taking place in nigeria?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 9:03am On Sep 16, 2010
Yes,here in Nigeria.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by chyz(m): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

Yes,here in Nigeria.

wow, that makes things even harder,hmmm im thinking she wouldnt want the guy to be killed so hiring people to do so is out of the question. Since its in nigeria,its so easy for the guy to kill so this is a kind of sensitive situation. ok, maybe family and relocation would work best.whats her tribe and what city is she in?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Damysa(f): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2010
hmmmm worst things are happening everyday, first of all if wot u are saying is exactly as it is, ur friend need to flee fast b4 she dies. what why doesn't she want to involve people, this is way too outrageous to be quiet about. I share Aisha2 thoughts on this.

Before the worst happens let her run for safety first, then try to resolve the matter later. I have had issues with my husband too but he never brutalized me.

I wonder what she is still considering, maybe it is not as serious as it seems.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by breathless(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2010
My heartfelt sympathy to your friend. I believe there are usually RED flags in a relationship especially during courtship. Most times we are carried away by "Being in Love" and overlook these flags. Better still we deceive ourselves that the person will change when they get married. If there are behaviours, attitudes etc we think we can cope with, then go ahead, if not, quit. All marriages have their flaws and no one remedy works.

I`d suggest she avoids anything she says or does that makes d hubby abuse her. He is obviously not a happy man and the wife may not be responsible for that. (At least he asks for sex, though violently) She should not argue with him anymoreon any issue, no nagging when he comes in late or when he`s going out, put a pack of CD in his wallet and text him to always remember to use it should he find himself in a compromising situation (Heard on radio recently a lady with HIV slept with a married man without protection). She should dress well to kill and try a couple of new "tricks" in bed, get a job if she does not have one, get invovled in some sort of philantropic work, find a sport of interest where she meets people etc. But above, get on her knees and pray ceaselessly and tirelessly for GOD to change her hubby for good becos married men have become endangererd species.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2010
/
Re: Her Hubby Changed by IyaBasira: 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2010
Why hasn't she left his house yet?

It's obvious he doesn't want her or need her there. The signs are pretty obvious. Whatever love she thought he had for her , never existed in the first place.

I think she should get out before he rapes her to death.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by onions: 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
^^^^^
She is pregnant. 3months
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

^^^^^
She is pregnant. 3months
She will loose that pregnancy or even die in child birth from pregnancy induced hypertention, I have seen this too many times. Please tell her to inform her parents so they can get help or she can get help, someone has to be alive to be married oh, she cannot have a husband when she is dead, if she dies her parents will be left with more sorrows than having thier daughter back home, dead people dont feel shame oh. i have said my own. Why will you stay in this kind of situation?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2010
As much as I would like to beleive that men are jerks, I dont think this story is entirely true.

C'mon, she dated him for three years and only realized he was a bully the month after they got married? She is either really dumb or living in a fool's paradise. I bet he was beating her even before they got married.

I always tell people that marriage is not by force. She forced herself to marry him and now she wants him to change by some miraculouse explianation. It doesnt work that way. She mad her bed, she should lie on it!
Re: Her Hubby Changed by spikedcylinder: 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

^^^^^
She is pregnant. 3months

And? That's enough reason for what exactly?
Are there no family members she can report him to?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2010
onions:

They are not strangers to each other. They dated for 3yrs. The most painful part is that he's not even nice when he wants s.ex. He practically r.a.pes her everyday. Im afraid she may break down very soon.

3yrs!?!?!?! well Ujujoan said it all here:

Ujujoan:

C'mon, she dated him for three years and only realized he was a bully the month after they got married? She is either really dumb or living in a fool's paradise. I bet he was beating her even before they got married.

I always tell people that marriage is not by force. She forced herself to marry him and now she wants him to change by some miraculouse explianation. It doesnt work that way. She mad her bed, she should lie on it!

as i always say:" any woman who stays in an abusive relationship (due to whatever insane reason) has only HERSELF to blame.
a word to the wise: the abuse never go from bad to better, it generally goes from bad to worse until A) the gal decides enough is enough and leave B) she dies at the and of the monster or C) due to unforeseen event (new mistress, divine intervention etc), the guy stops and suddenly has all the respect/care for his wifey again.

spikedcylinder:

And? That's enough reason for what exactly?
Are there no family members she can report him to?

dont you think that "reporting"him to family members is simply showing that monster that she cant do anything about it by herself THUS giving that guy more heart to do his evil deeds behind close doors?
Re: Her Hubby Changed by spikedcylinder: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

dont you think that "reporting"him to family members is simply showing that monster that she cant do anything about it by herself THUS giving that guy more heart to do his evil deeds behind close doors?

Nigerian men and women often have an older person or mentor if you will that they look up to and listen to no matter how dies hard or stubborn they are.
If she relates her issues to one such person in her husband's life, he might get a good talking to and might change his ways.
Re: Her Hubby Changed by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2010
^^^^^i see what you mean. . . . . . . but that could also have the opposite effect: he'll be extremely mad that she dare report him and thus double the beating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How / Is It Right To Name A Child In This Circumstance??? / Affordable Creche Recommendations In Victoria Island,lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.