Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,328 members, 7,900,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 05:02 PM

South Africa Wants To Drop The Need To Pass Maths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / South Africa Wants To Drop The Need To Pass Maths (316 Views)

I'm about to drop out of school!!!...I'm in serious depression!!!... Help!!! / Please I Am Trying To Learn Physics Formulas Kindly Drop The One You Know / What Lesson Does The Photo Pass Across? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Wants To Drop The Need To Pass Maths by 2horsePOWER(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2017
The Education Ministry in South Africa wants to remove the need to pass maths exams in Grades 7-9 at school. This proposed measure is targeting school children ending their primary education and those who've just reached secondary level. They say that, at the moment, if some children don't pass maths they cannot choose certain subjects at school, so this reduces their options and leads many to drop out. Teachers said they would not support what they see as a move that essentially "lowered standards" for pupils. Elijah Mhlanga, spokesperson from the Department of Basic Education in South Africa gave us his reaction.
source- http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p058g4r0?ocid=socialflow_facebook

cc lalasticlala
mynd44
what do u think?
do u think we can also adopt this in Nigeria??

Re: South Africa Wants To Drop The Need To Pass Maths by 2horsePOWER(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2017
just imagine how many lives that'll be saved grin

(1) (Reply)

Data Modeling Online Training | Vision Online Training / The Value Of Life / Synology Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.