Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,623 members, 7,975,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:01 AM

We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto (599 Views)

Saraki Speaks On CRK, IRK Curriculum Controversy / House Of Representatives Returns CRK As Independent Subject / Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by Gistruler: 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
The Sultan of Sokoto has played down reports that the current administration is making surreptitious plans to islamize Nigeria following the alleged scrapping of C.R.K.

The Sultan of Sokoto, Dr. Muhammad Abubakar, on Friday, rejected suggestions that there were plans to Islamise the country.

He said Muslims had been canvassing to make Islamic Religious Knowledge a compulsory subject in schools.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Abubakar spoke at a national symposium and launching of 2025 Vision by Da’awah Coordination Council of Nigeria.

The Sultan said, “When Umar Yar’Adua was President, Christians and Muslims leaders wrote, asking him to make Islamic and Christian Religious Knowledge core and compulsory subjects in schools.

“When Goodluck Jonathan took over, we presented a paper making the same demand, which was approved, but the then minister of education refused to implement it for reasons best known to him.

“So, I wonder why a controversy suddenly surfaced over alleged attempts by Muslims to force Islam on Christians by compelling students to learn Islamic religion in schools,” he said.

He urged the DCCN to propagate Islam to non-Muslims in a non-combative manner.

“Tell people what Islam is; tell them why they should be Muslims and what difference it could make to their lives,” he stated.

The Sultan also said the recent crisis in Mambilla Plateau, Taraba State was not targeted at any tribe.

“The crisis was not planned by individuals or groups to eliminate any tribe; as an ex-military officer, I can only believe that the crisis was planned when I see a document to confirm that,” he said.

He said he had met with some leaders in Taraba and cautioned them against playing politics with the lives of the people.
“As leaders, we must study situations during any crisis before commenting. We must avoid comments that will worsen already bad situations,” he said.

He urged government to strive to bring culprits of the Mambilla violence to book, and warned against derogatory terms like “Islamic fundamentalists or extremists, Fulani attackers, Berom or Mambilla terrorists.”

Source: http://gistruler..com/2017/07/we-asked-fg-to-make-crk-irk-compulsory.html

cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun,

Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by thorpido(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hmmmm time will tell.
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by smartty68(m): 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lol! Sultan just kept on deviating from the main subject.

And what has the killing in Taraba got to with the main subject

Lol! Lol! Lol! The poor state of Naija has taken a told on himgrin
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by DabLord: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
where are those that said they did not force crk .....I'm waiting oooo undecidedwhere are those that said they did not force crk .....I'm waiting oooo
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by cristianisraeli: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2017
I THINK HES TRYING TO SAY HE ASKED FG TO MAKE ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES COMPULSORY
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by seunmsg(m): 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
IRK and CRK should never be made compulsory. Nigeria is a secular country and therefore, our children should not be forced to learn any religion. The two subjects should remain optional for those who are interested.

1 Like

Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by princea455: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
I will jez pretend i believe ur story... Only poor pple wey no fit afford private school na them those laws dey work for. Private schools no send them. Abi u go teach my pikin islam wem am an xtian? U cnt fit do am cos i will replace my pikin school.
Afonjaz kukuma no get choice.
Igbos want seperate.
NCAN over to you.
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by limeta(f): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
This is how they start
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by Integrityfarms(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
... Hypocrites.... Because they have been bursted
Re: We Asked FG To Make CRK, IRK Compulsory - Sultan Of Sokoto by Gistruler: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
lalasticlala, Seun, Fynestboi, ishilove

(1) (Reply)

If A Nairaland Mod Can Say This About An Election,a Zoo Is More Honorable / Text Of A Press Conference Addressed By The Chairman Of The People's Democratic / Martin Agbaso Another "Modu Sheriff" In APGA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.