Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (253787 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by zigbe: 2:57pm On May 25, 2013
mabell:

You know, some of you dont really know who men of God are. Every pastor I know is a giver, Pastror Chris is one of the greatest givers ive known. You you know how much he spend to reach the world for Jesus. Rhapsody is not for making money, He gave 10 million free copies to Nigeria last year,right now we are didtributing free bibles to millions.He is so focussed on his calling and assigment that he doesnt even recognise if critics exist. If pastor Chris knows what i am doing , he will rather commend it.
keep it up. and God will reward you for that.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:37pm On May 29, 2013
The Liberating Power Of The Gospel – Wednesday May 29th, 2013 - Pastor Chris.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

In Acts 14, Luke gives an account of Paul the Apostle ministering at Lystra; and seeing a man who was impotent in his feet. The Bible tells us that Paul, perceiving that the man had faith to be healed, said to him with a loud voice, "…Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked" (Acts 14:10). The remarkable thing about this account is what Paul did. He simply announced the Gospel.

The man believed the message that Paul preached, and faith came alive in his spirit. Paul then commanded him to stand upright on his feet and he obeyed. Thus, his hitherto lame limbs received strength. Now, this is not exclusive to the Apostle Paul. The Bible tells us how, on a certain day, the Apostle Peter went through the quarters,
visiting the saints at Lydda. There he found a certain man named Aeneas, who was sick of the palsy and bedridden for eight long years. He had received the Gospel in that condition and believed in Jesus Christ. However, when Peter came to him and saw him lying paralyzed on the bed, he said, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed" (Acts 9:34). Immediately, the man stood up healed.

Just like Paul, Peter didn’t pray for Aeneas; he didn’t have to. All he did was to give him the Gospel in a nutshell. That’s what the Gospel message can do in the life of anyone who receives it. It’s a message that works. Peter realized that the life of Christ was all Aeneas needed to overcome paralysis. This is the life that’s available to everyone who believes in Jesus Christ. Life and immortality have been unveiled through the Gospel (2 Timothy 1:10), and you’re the bearer of this good news in your world. God has anointed you to deliver men from bondage into the glorious liberty of the sons of God through the power of the Gospel; therefore be passionate
about leading others to Christ.

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that gives me insight into your perfect will, and guides me in the path of victory, divine health, and dominion, causing me to deal wisely in the affairs of life. Today, I manifest the glories, beauty, and power of the life of Christ in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Romans 8:10
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Reading Plan :1 Chronicles 1-2, John 14:15-31.
2 Year Reading Plan :Mark 14:1-11, Numbers 32.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Baptized Into Jesus Christ · Sunday, July 7th · Page Visits (191)

Pastor Chris

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore, we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life (Romans 6:3-4).

In our theme verse, the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul helps us understand our inseparable oneness with the Lord by saying ‘we were baptized into Jesus Christ.’ We’re members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones (Ephesians 5:30).

Being baptized into Jesus Christ, you’ve become inextricably united with Him, such that God doesn’t distinguish you from Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus reiterated this oneness in John 15:5: "I am the vine, ye are the branches…." We have the same life with Him, because life comes through the vine, into the branches.

Another beautiful part of our oneness with Jesus Christ is that it didn’t end with our baptism into His death, but continues in a newness of life by His resurrection from the dead. Romans 6:4 says, "Therefore, we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." His resurrection ushered us into a newness of life.

Walk in the consciousness of your new life in Him; it’s the resurrection life. Your past doesn’t exist; you’re a new creation; a superior creation, perfected in Christ Jesus. You’re not of this world. Have and live with this consciousness every day.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:37am On Jul 08, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Monday, July 8TH

Express His Righteousness

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Ph.D

But of Him ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption ( 1 Corinthians 1:30).

Righteousness is the nature of God that's imparted to the human spirit, producing in him the rightness of God and the ability to do right and fulfil the will of the Father. God is always right; that's His nature, and He has produced that same nature in us. You don't have to read the entire Book of the Law and its ordinances to know what's right or wrong: the righteousness of God has been imparted to your spirit.

In the days of Moses, the Israelities had to read the Law to know right or wrong; but that's not for the new creation in Christ! In Jeremiah 31:33, the Lord said, "....I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts..." This is what has happened; righteousness is now in your spirit. Romans 8:3-4 tells us, "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us..."

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has produced righteousness in your spirit. No wonder Jesus said, "Ye are the light of the world..." (Mathew 5:14); you are to look at you, and know what rightness is. You're not only a partaker, but the expression of His righteousness. Isaiah 61:3 calls us trees of righteousness; the planting of the Lord of Hosts, that He might be glorified. Therefore, you bear fruits of righteousness ( Phillipians 1:11).

Let righteousness reign through you; give expression to God's best in your life. Decide that the life of Christ will be expressed through you fully, and that you'll be effective in propagating the Gospel. Make up your mind on it, and it shall be so.

Confession
I give expression to the life of Christ and His nature of righteousness in me today, functioning with precision and wisdom in all I do. I live continually in the light of God's Word: in the light of my righteousness in Him, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
1 Corinthians 1:30
Philipians 1:11

1 year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 19:8-41
Job 15-18

2 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 7:18-35
Joshua 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Tuesday, July 9TH

Love Like Him

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another ( John 13:34).

In Ephisians 3:17-19, the Apostle Paul prayed, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith. That ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God." He wants us to comprehend the amplitude and immensity of God's love; its limitless dimensions, so we can love like Him.

The love that God has towards us is intense and unconditional; it's love without limits. The consiousness of His love gives you boldness and confidence. He loves you as though you were the only one on earth! However, you're to love everyone around you as though they're the only ones on earth, no matter how seemingly "unloveable" they may be.

John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world without discrimination, and He wants us to emulate Him: "Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God" ( Ephesians 5:1-2) NIV). You have the capacity to love like God, otherwise He wouldn't ask you to emulate Him.

The Bible says, "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink" (Ephesians 2:4-5). God loved us while we were yet sinners; therefore, let the Father's love in you motivate you to reach out to sinners and win them to Christ. Let your heart beat with love for the unconverted around you. Be compelled by love to preach the Gospel to them, and turn them from sin unto righteousness, and from the power of Satan unto God.

Confession
I have the ability to love like my heavenly Father because I'm His beloved child. His love fills my heart and I manifest this love today by reaching out to others with Christ' s Love, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
Romans 5:8
1 John 4:8-11

1 Year Bible Reading Plan:
Acts 20:1-16
Job 19-21

Luke 7:36-50
Joshua 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Wednesday, July 10TH

Living For the Gospel

....Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature ( Mark 16:15).

Matthew 28:19-20 says, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." This is the Great Commission; and it's the Lord's charge to every Christian. You're to preach the glorious Gospel of Christ; its the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes (Romans 1:16).

Nothing in the world should mean more to you than leading men and women to Christ. 2 Peter 3:9 tells us that the Lord is unwilling that any man should perish; rather, He wants all to hear and receive the Gospel and be saved. When the Master instructed us to preach and teach all nations, He wasn't Just referring to countries; He meant different ethno-systems: the different groupings or companies of people with common interest, trade, vision or characteristics. For example, the world of bankers, lawyers, students,traders, the academia, etc., these are "nations" of people with common interests. You're to take your place as a minister of reconciliation, wherever you are, and ensure. those in your world, and in the regions beyond hear and receive the message of Salvation.

Like the Apostle Paul, necessity is laid upon you to preach the Gospel 1 Corinthians 9:16); so become fervent in Soul winning. Realize that you're the preacher in your world: in your home, office, school, and in your neighbourhood. The Lord has anointed you to deliver men from bondage into the glorious liberty of the sons of God, turning them from darkness to light, and from sin unto righteousness! Talk to somebody about Jesus today!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity to minister your Word with power today. I thank you for the ubundant grace you're granted me to be effective in the ministry of the Gospel, as I make manifest the beauty and power of your knowledge in every place, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
2 Corinthians 5:18
2 Corinthians 3:5-6

Acts 20:17-38
Job 22-24

Luke 8:1-10
Joshua 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Thursday, July 11TH

Praying In Him

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6).

Many Christians pray wrongly, in a way that destroys their faith without realising it.For example, they pray,"Father, we come into your presence....." Or"We come to you, in the name of Jesus...." We Christians don't " come" to God in prayer, we pray in Him and in His presence.

When you received Christ into your heart, to be born again, you were born into the presence of God.That was when you" came" to the Father. You don't need to keep"coming" into His presence or to Him in prayer, because you already "came" through the way, Jesus Christ, and when you came, you came to stay! Thus, you're with the Father; you live and dwell in His presence. We abide in Him. Remember the words of Jesus: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7).

Notice the Master's communication; He was very direct and unequivocal; He didn't say "No man visits the Father, but by me"; instead, He said, "...no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Now that you're born again, you've been baptised into His body: "For by one Spirit are we all baptised into one body..."( 1 Corinthians 12:13). Christ is that body, and its also our place in the presence of God-the right hand of the Father-we stay and live there now.

This is the reality: you're in Him, and He's in you; therefore you dont need to "come" to Him or " go away" from Him! You live in His presence and carry that presence with you everywhere you go. The consciousness of His presence in you, and with you, should be a daily reality to you, for it'll cause you to function from a position of advantage. You abide in Him; you're His living tabernacle; in Him you live, and move, and have your being. Glory to His Name forever!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for the joy of salvation and the privilege of living in your presence, seated with Christ, in the place of authority and dominion, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
Ephesians 2:5-6
Acts 17:28

Acts 21:1-16
Job 25-28

Luke 8:11-18
Joshua 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:55am On Jul 12, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Friday, July 12TH

Make Good Things Happen For Others

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall be also reap (Galatians 6:7).

True prosperity is about being a blessing to others and helping them live a meaningful life.It's about contributing positively to the advancement of the lives of those around you. Being a blessing to others, you'll always be lifted, for there's promotion in helping others. God will make happen for you the good things you make happen for others.

Help those around you stand strong; help them discover their God-given potentials. As an employer, for example, help those in your employ realize their dreams for success. In the same vein, as an employee in organization, be diligent; commit yourself to improving the organization where you work. Make the progress of that organization a priority, for in it's prosperity you will also prosper.

Proverbs 11:25 says, "The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself." You never lose for being the giver and the blesser. There're orphans, windows, and indigent children who could benefit from your prosperity. The Bible says in Proverbs 19:17 "He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again." Always look out for opportunities to be a blessing to others, and the Lord, will multiply your seeds sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness.

PRAYER
Dear Lord, I thank you for making me a blesser and a lifter of others. I thank you for granting me the grace, wisdom and strength to always recognize the need of those around me, that I may bring them hope, and inspire them to success and greatness. Through my giving, mighty harvests of financial blessings are coming to me, in Jesus' Name. Amen

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
Luke 6:38
2 Corinthians 9:6-9

Acts 21:17-36
Job 29-31

Luke 8:19-25
Joshua 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2013
The Humanity Of Jesus · Saturday, July 13th ·
Page Visits (189)
Pastor Chris
For verily he took not on him the nature of
angels; but he took on him the seed of
Abraham (Hebrews 2:16).
When the Lord Jesus came to this world,
He didn’t come in the form of angelic
beings; rather, He came as the seed of
Abraham. He was born of a woman, and
lived as a man, even though He was the
Son of God. It was in His humanity that
He was tempted, obeyed God, was
crucified and died in our place.
Isaiah 53:5 says, "But he was wounded for our
transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the
chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with
his stripes we are healed." When He was wounded,
He felt the pain and cried out, the way you and I
probably would have; but He didn’t give up. The
Bible says He endured the Cross and despised the
shame (Hebrews 12:2).
It was in His humanity that He descended into hell, in
which also He engaged Satan in that awful combat in
hell, and defeated him and all the cohorts of
darkness. He did it all as a man: "And having spoiled
principalities and powers, he made a shew of them
openly, triumphing over them in it" (Colossians
2:15). He came out of the grave as a man, and
ascended into heaven as a man. He completely
identified with us as a man: "Wherefore in all things
it behoved him to be made like unto his
brethren…" (Hebrews 2:17).
Hebrews 4:15 says, "For we have not an high priest
which cannot be touched with the feeling of our
infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we
are, yet without sin." All that Jesus did as a man, He
did for us. As His suffering and death were for us, so
His obedience, resurrection and placement in the
heavens were for us as well. His victory is ours; His
glory is ours. He was indeed the Son of man as He
was the Son of God. Let us live to His glory.
Prayer Dear Father, I rejoice for all that you’ve
done for me in Christ Jesus. More than ever,
I’m inspired to do your will and fulfil my
ministry in you without reproach. I thank you
for opening my understanding to my abilities
in Christ, and the things I can accomplish
through the power of the Spirit working in me,
in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Timothy 2:5-6; Acts 2:22
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 21:37-22:1-21, Job
32-35
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 8:26-39, Joshua 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2013
Look Inwards For Creative Ideas!
Monday, July 15th

Pastor Anita

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us (2 Corinthians 4:7).

As a child of God, the Bible says whatsoever you do, shall prosper: "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (Psalm 1:3). Never be idle or jobless; you must find something you’re good at;
something that’s good for God and good for people, and do it. Bless the world with the work of your hands. Look to the Holy Spirit in you for ideas of excellence. Remember, success isn’t all about money; if you have the right ideas, and discipline yourself in the direction of your ideas, money will come to you.
So come up with great ideas that’ll foster the progress and development of your environment, and the world of your time. One of the primary requirements for success is looking out for a human need, and then reaching out to meet it. How did Joseph, a prisoner, become the Prime minister of Egypt? He did something. He used his gift to serve others and God promoted him.

Some people believe the reason they’re suffering or poor is because of the kind of work they do. That’s not true! The problem isn’t the kind of work they do; rather it’s in their minds. Your mind is what determines what you become, for as a man thinks in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7).

Look inwards, and live from inside out. Put your creative juices to work. Initiate prosperity and victory from within you, for they’re inherent in your spirit. God has deposited in your spirit everything you require for a successful life. Search yourself; dig deep within you and discover the treasure and talents you have. Put them to work, and the anointing of the Lord will cause them to produce and multiply.

Confession
I bring forth good things today from within me, because I have an excellent mind; I have insight into mysteries and secrets and bring forth creative ideas because Christ has been made unto me wisdom. I initiate success, victory and prosperity from within, in the Name of Jesus.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Luke 6:45; Proverbs 4:23

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 23:12-35, Job 40-42

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 9:1-9, Joshua 11
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Tuesday, July 16TH

Pray For God's People

Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not Faith (2 Thessalonians 3:1-2).

In Luke 18:1, Jesus taught that men ought always to pray and not to faint. You must not give up praying for God's people; its your priestly ministry as a believer to pray for Christians in your country, and all over the world, that the Word, of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified in them, even as it is with you. Pray that God's saints will know His Word by revelation and be effective in the things of the Spirit.

In Ephesians 1:17, Paul had to pray that God would grant the Ephesian Christians "....the spirit of wisdom and revelation, in the knowledge of Him. "Some people are born again, and have general knowledge about God. However, they lack divine insight and knowledge of spiritual things. We ought to intercede for such people to have the light of God's Word, and walk therein.

Also, intercede for the missionary work of ministers, and ministries in your country and around the world, that God will grant them utterance and opportunities to preach the Gospel with power. In Colossians 4:3, Paul admonished the believers to pray in this light for his missionary work: "Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds." This verse highlights two important points: utterance and opportunities. You might have the utterance and not have opportunity to preach the Gospel, and vice versa, hence we must intercede as admonished by the Spirit.

Never get weary of praying for Christians around the world; its part of your priestly ministry. Pray that God's people will stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the Gospel around the world.

CONFESSION
I live up to my call today, praying that the Lord will grant utterance, boldness and opportunity to Christians around the world, especially in places where the light of the Gospel has been dim, to preach and teach the Word with power, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
Ephesians 6:18-20
Timothy 2:1-4

Acts 24:1-27
Psalm 1-6

Luke 9:10-17
Joshua 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2013
Rhapsody of Realities

Wednesday, July 17TH

Simply Act On His Word...

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves (James 1:22).

Matthew 14 gives us an account of how, on a certain evening, the disciples got into a ship to cross to the other side of the Sea of Galilee, ahead of Jesus. During their voyage, they were startled to see a man walking towards them on the water, and cried out in fear. Jesus was that man, and He immediately assuaged their fears, saying, "...Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid" (Matthew 14:27). Then, Peter answering, said, "....Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water" (Matthew 14:28); and the Master said to him,"Come" (Matthew 14:29).

Peter then stepped out of the ship and walked on the water to meet Jesus. When the Master said, " Come", any of disciples could have stepped out with Peter into the water, but only Peter did. Imagine how much more glorious and inspiring it would have been to read that the entire disciples walked on water!

It's like what happens even today with many in the Church. When the Word is given, maybe a word on healing, finances or on any other subject, only those who personalize the Word, and take corresponding action, will have it produce results in their lives. It might be a simple" get up," "walk," "come," or an instruction to give an offering: act on it immediately. Dont wait for a thunderous voice or a spectacular sound from heaven; simply act on the Word. It may not come in a spectacular way, but it is always supernatural, nonetheless.

In 1 Kings 19, when Elijah needed to hear from God, all the seemingly "spectacular" sings didn't have presence of God, until the still small voice, that said "...What doest thou here, Elijah?" (1 Kings 19:13). God's Word, instructions, leading, and guidance to you are supernatural; they'll produce the desired results when acted upon.
To continually experience the glory of God and the power of the Spirit, you'd have to always respond in faith to His Word and the prompting of the Spirit.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for training my Spirit to apprehend the realities of the Kingdom and respond to the instructions of the Holy Spirit to me, as I learn and walk in the light of your Word, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

F U R T H E R S T U D Y:
James 1:22-25

Acts 25:1:12
Psalms 7-10

Luke 9:18-27
Joshua 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2013
A Victory Parade · Thursday, July 18th ·

Pastor Anita

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to
triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of
his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians
2:14).

As Christians, we have absolute victory
over Satan and his cohorts. We belong in
the Kingdom of God’s dear Son, who leads
us in the triumphal excursions of life; it’s a
continual victory parade.

Luke 1:69-71 tells us that God "…hath
raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his
servant David; as he spake by the mouth of his holy
prophets, which have been since the world began: That
we should be saved from our enemies, and from the
hand of all that hate us." This came into effect with the
coming of the Lord. Thus, whoever may hate you, or plan
evil against you, will never be able to overpower you, for
Christ is your victory. Concerning your adversaries, the
Word says: "When the wicked, even mine enemies and
my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they
stumbled and fell" (Psalm 27:2).

You don’t have to pray against the wicked or your
enemies from coming against you; they’re free to come
out against you. However, their end has been
predetermined: they’ll stumble and fall. Never live in
fear, or respond to circumstances out of fear; you’re a
victor in Christ Jesus. The Bible says, "And having spoiled
principalities and powers, he made a shew of them
openly, triumphing over them in it" (Colossians 2:15).
When Jesus defeated Satan, and the principalities and
powers of darkness, you were in Him. You were in Him
when He paraded them in their despoiled state,
wounded, broken, and rendered helpless.

Now in Luke 10:19, He says, "Behold, I give unto you
power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all
the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means
hurt you." What a life He’s given us; a life of victory
through the Word, and dominion by the Spirit.

Confession

I go forth today, in victory and dominion over Satan,
the cohorts of darkness, and the circumstances of
life. I experience the power and supernatural grace
of God today, as I make manifest the savour of the
knowledge of Christ, in every place, in Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 15:55-57; 1
John 4:4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 25:13-27, Psalms 11-16

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 9:28-36 Joshua 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2013
Faith: Your Currency To Rule Your World! · Friday,
July 19th
Pastor Chris

And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me
to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and
of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the
prophets: Who through faith subdued kingdoms,
wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the
mouths of lions (Hebrews 11:32-33).

The Lord Jesus said if you have faith, as a
grain of mustard seed, nothing shall be
impossible to you (Matthew 17:20).Your
faith is your currency to rule your world.
The Bible tells us of certain men and
women who through faith dominated the
world of their time (Hebrews 11:32-33). The eleventh
chapter of the book of Hebrews gives us an insightful
chronicle of the extraordinary accomplishments of some
of these great men and women of faith: how they
subdued kingdoms, and functioned in righteousness,
standing their grounds in their convictions. Their faith
serves as an example for us today. Their deeds were
written for our inspiration and edification; letting us
know we can do the same.

Let’s reflect on the attitude of one of these great
heroes of faith—Joshua. By faith, he led the children of
Israel to march round the intimidating walls of Jericho
seven times, with the menacing walls coming down flat
on the seventh count, as they gave the victory
shout (read Joshua 6:16-20). You can live every day in
victory and dominion through faith. The Bible admonishes
us to be "...followers of them who through faith and
patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:12). Abraham,
Isaac, Jacob, David, the prophets of old, the Lord Jesus
Christ, and the Apostles have all set examples of faith
for us to emulate.

You can face and overcome whatever obstacle is before
you by speaking forth words of faith. You can effect
changes and do great things in your world today. You too
can manifest righteousness and give life to the dead or
hopeless situations. You can revive your business if it’s
been grounded, or keep it growing from glory to glory.
You can excel greatly in ministry, in your academics,
career or profession and be a wonder to your world.
Your faith is the currency; rule your world with it.
Confession

The Word of faith is in my heart and my mouth, and
it prevails as I speak it forth. My life is the
testimony of God’s grace and a harvest of blessings
because I walk by faith in His Word. I’m more than a
conqueror, and my faith is the victory that overcomes
the world. Halleluiah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y:
Hebrews 11:1,6; Matthew
17:20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 26:1-18, Psalms 17-18

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 9:37-48 Joshua 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:10am On Jul 20, 2013
Change The Order · Saturday, July 20th
Pastor Chris

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye
transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye
may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and
perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).

From time to time, it’s important to review
the way things are going with you and
determine the areas in which you need to
make changes. Many keep doing the same
things, and expect a different result;
that’s not going to work. You’d need to
employ new ideas; bring in something new.
If you want a different result from what you’re
experiencing right now, you have to review things and
make the necessary changes. Begin with changing your
way of thinking. Perhaps at work, you’ve been noted for
not being so diligent, and now you want a change. First,
you’d have to change your attitude, and approach your
work with a new mind-set. Start practicing getting to
work early to gain time, and then learn to sit down and
finish your work within the stipulated time frame, and
excellently too. Learning to be ahead on your work, and finishing early, will give you time to review your work and ensure perfection. Do this consistently and soon enough, you’d begin to receive sterling recommendations and
promotions from your bosses.

Maybe you’ve always desired to study the Word and
pray more effectively; that won’t happen until you take
the right and necessary steps. You can start by being
more diligent with your study of the Rhapsody of
Realities devotional, and meticulously going through the
scripture references and the daily scripture reading.
Also, get the book "How To Pray Effectively Volume 1"
and study it from cover to cover (you can order a copy
at www.christembassyonlinestore.org). It will help
position you for a more vibrant and exciting study and
prayer life.

Right now, list out areas where you need to make
definite changes, and consciously write out the new
steps you’re going to take to effect those changes, and
then go for it! Make this part of your personal
development project for the quarter, or the rest of the
year, and watch your life grow for the best.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Spirit who guides
me to make the right and necessary changes required
for my next level of success and promotion in life.
Through your Word, wisdom is granted me to function
excellently, and I live a fruitful and effective life in
righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:
Proverbs 22:29; Proverbs 10:4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 26:19-32, Psalms 19-20

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 9:49-62, Joshua 16-17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Joagbaje(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2013
God bless you Gombs ,
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:45am On Jul 20, 2013
Thnk you sir...I follow you on yookos. I read you dailies there everyday! I have your fone number cos you called me 3yrs bck...I'm humbled sir. Thanks once more.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2013
Proclaim The Word Of Faith · Sunday, July 21st

Pastor Anita

Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he
saveth them out of their distresses. He sent his
word, and healed them, and delivered them from
their destructions (Psalm 107:19-20).

Someone once exclaimed out of
frustration, "I’ve been praying to God to
help me out of my situation, but nothing
has changed!" What he didn’t realize was
that it wasn’t God’s responsibility, but his’
to effect a change in that situation by
proclaiming the Word of faith. God’s
responsibility is to send you His Word; His Word is the
ingredient you require for change. Our opening text
says, "...He sent his word, and healed them, and
delivered them from their destructions."

God saves, heals, transforms and delivers through His
Word, and His Word is dependable; you can apply it to
every circumstance of life. No matter how seemingly
hopeless your condition may look, proclaim the Word in
faith, you’d have a miracle. Even if you wanted things to
go from good to better or better to best, God’s Word
will make it happen. Hebrews 4:12 (AMP) says, "For the
Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making
it active, operative, energizing and effective]…."

The Word has inherent power; when you receive it into
you and speak it forth in faith, it becomes the creative
and effectual word, producing for you a harvest of what
it says. The Word in your mouth is God talking, and it
changes things. Create your victorious life with your
faith-filled words.

Confession
I’m confident in the ability of God’s Word to prevail
and produce in me the fruit of what it says;
therefore I speak the Word with boldness today,
knowing that my prosperity is by the Word. I’m like a
tree by the streams, bearing fruits unto
righteousness, because I live by the Word

F u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 55:10-11

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 27:1-26, Psalms 21-22

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 10:1-9, Joshua 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Jul 22, 2013
"Phronesis" Is A Force · Monday, July 22nd

Pastor Chris

And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding
exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the
sand that is on the sea shore (1 Kings 4:29).

The word translated "wisdom" above is the
Greek "phronesis" and it’s a force that
controls you. It’s a spiritual elixir that
locates you within the framework of God’s
will, beyond your natural understanding,
causing you to do God’s things God’s way, in
God’s time for God’s purpose! It’s also a
mind-set; an excellent mind-set that causes you to think
in a certain way and to say the right things in the right
way at the right time for the right purpose in the right
place.

This was the wisdom Solomon received from the Lord
that caused him to excel in good judgment, so much so
that the Bible says, "…there came of all people to hear
the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth,
which had heard of his wisdom" (1Kings 4:34). God gave
Solomon an extraordinary amplitude of comprehension;
he had practical wisdom.
"Phronesis" propels you to make accurate choices, sound
judgments and decisions, and to do things right the first
time. You can develop "phronesis" through studying and
meditating on the Word of God and through praying in
the Holy Ghost—speaking in tongues. "O, but I thought
the Word says Christ has been made unto us wisdom
from God?" you might ask.

Yes. But that wisdom is "sophia" (Greek) which means
theoretical wisdom, or insight into reality; it means all
the collective understanding of all things. There’s also a
third kind of wisdom called "sunesis"; this is critical
wisdom; the ability to understand concepts and see
relationships between them. It suggests a quickness of
apprehension; the penetrating consideration which
precedes actions. Whereas, "phronesis" is practical
wisdom; it’s a force that makes you do and say the right
things before you even think.

God gives you "sophia"—insight into reality, so that you
can have "sunesis"—an understanding, for the purpose
of developing in you "phronesis"; a mind-set for a
successful and extraordinary life.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that imparts
wisdom to my spirit, and gives me a mind-set for
success, victory and dominion. I deal excellently in all
my affairs today, and make accurate judgments and
decisions because of your wisdom that propels me
from within, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: James 1:5

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 27:27-44, Psalms 23-25
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 10:10-24, Joshua 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Joagbaje(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2013
Gombs: Thnk you sir...I follow you on yookos. I read you dailies there everyday! I have your fone number cos you called me 3yrs bck...I'm humbled sir. Thanks once more.

Really? Pls try reach me o.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:27am On Jul 23, 2013
Submit To His Righteousness · Tuesday, July 23rd ·

Pastor Chris

Brethren, my heart’s desire, and prayer to God for
Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them
record that they have a zeal of God, but not
according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of
God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their
own righteousness, have not submitted themselves
unto the righteousness of God (Romans 10:1-3).
Isaiah 64:6 tells us that man’s
righteousness: his own thought-out ways
of trying to serve and please God, are as
filthy rags. There’s no use having
confidence in your so-called good works,
to answer for you before God.

This was the dilemma of the children of Israel, which
the Apostle Paul decried in our opening text. Though
they were zealous for God and engaged in all forms of
religious devotions, purifications, oblations, etc., they
erred in three distinct ways in their pursuit of
righteousness. First, they were ignorant of God’s
righteousness, secondly, they went about to establish
their own righteousness, and thirdly, they didn’t submit
themselves to the righteousness of God.

The third point gives an indication of God’s expectation:
we’re to submit to His righteousness, because
righteousness isn’t something you attain by your own
works; it’s a gift from God. Romans 5:17 says, "…they
which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of
righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ."
The requirement to attain the righteousness of God is
simply to believe in Jesus Christ with all your heart and
receive the gift of eternal life. That’s why it’s called
righteousness by faith.

Philippians 3:8-9 tells us to embrace this righteousness
which is through the faith of Christ Jesus: "…that I may
win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own
righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is
through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of
God by faith." This righteousness produces in you the
rightness of God, such that by instinct you know what is
right, and are able to live blameless before God. You
didn’t work to attain it, yet it works in you, having been
imparted to your spirit as a gift.

Confession
The righteousness of God has been imparted to my
spirit, therefore I have the ability to do right, and
live joyfully without blame be fore the Father, for
His righteousness in me gives me right standing with
Him, and superiority over Satan and the demons of
darkness.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans
3:21-22

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 28:1-16, Psalms 26-29
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 10:25-37,Joshua 20-21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:05am On Jul 24, 2013
Born With Wealth Untold · Wednesday, July 24th ·

Pastor Anita

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are
yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

Riches, wealth, and honour come from God
(1 Chronicles 29:12). He gave these to
Abraham and his seed, and Galatians 3:16
lets us know that Christ is the Seed of
Abraham: "Now to Abraham and his seed
were the promises made. He saith not, And
to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to
thy seed, which is Christ." Christ inherited all the
blessings of Abraham, and if you belong to Christ, you’re
Abraham’s seed, and all the promises that were made to
Christ belong to you. "And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye
Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the
promise" (Galatians 3:29).

Now, you shouldn’t ask God to make you rich. He doesn’t
need to, because you were born the very heir of all the
riches and wealth He could ever give, when you were
born again. Not only were you born with wealth untold,
He gave you the power to get wealth. What you need
now is to know the Word of God to chart your course.
You can prosper at any level of life and career.
Irrespective of your job description, business, country
or state, you can be prosperous through Christ.

Don’t let the things people say about the economy shake
you. The wealth of this world isn’t reducing. Money is
man-made, and it doesn’t determine your wealth. Your
wealth will determine how much money is available to
you, because money gravitates to men and women of
wealth. Isaiah 60:11 says, "Therefore thy gates shall be
open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night;
that men may bring unto thee the forces of the
Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought."

Confession
I’m an offspring of the Most High, possessor of
heaven and earth, and I’m the seed of Abraham, heir
of the world. My prosperity is unlimited, for I was
born with wealth untold. I lay up gold as dust, and
the riches of the nations gravitate to me. Halleluiah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Haggai 2:8; Psalms 112:1-3

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Acts 28:17-31, Psalms 30-31
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 10:38-42, Joshua 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:41am On Jul 25, 2013
The Power That Works In You · Thursday, July 25th

Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly
above all that we ask or think, according to the power
that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church
by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without
end. Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).

What an inspiring thought revealed to us in
our theme verse! It says "Now unto him
that is able to do exceeding abundantly
above all that we ask or think, according
to the power that worketh in us…." It
didn’t say "…according to the power that
worketh in heaven." This explains that you
have a role in the operations of the miraculous in your
life. The glory of God is manifested in your life
according to the power that works in you.

Even though God, in His sovereignty, can cause certain
things to happen for you, He doesn’t want to work
outside of you. Some Christians often feel discouraged
and frustrated because they’re "praying to God to do
something for them," yet to no avail. The issue isn’t with
God; they’re the ones to activate the power of God in
them, to bring about the desired changes.

In Paul’s epistle to the Philippians, we read of his
personal testimony to this effect; he understood that
the ability to do the supernatural wasn’t rested in
heaven but within him. By the Spirit he said, "I can do all
things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Notice
that he didn’t say "We can do all things through Christ
which strengtheneth us"; rather, this was his personal
testimony. What a mentality! Paul couldn’t think failure,
defeat or impossibilities; he knew the ability of the
Spirit had been granted him to achieve supernatural
results, and he spoke accordingly.

Become conscious that God lives in you in His fullness,
which means all His power and eternal might are
domiciled in your spirit. How do you activate that power
to work for you? It’s by consciously meditating on the
Word, and speaking in tongues. You can bring that power
to bear today on anything, or any area of your life
Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for your power that fills me
through and through. I can do all things through
Christ who energizes me from within! I’m prepped for
your glory today, being conscious of the supernatural
ability of the Spirit that’s at work in me mightily, in
Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 1:29; Acts 1:8;
Micah 3:8

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 1:1-17, Psalms 32-34
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 11:09am On Jul 26, 2013
You Have Overcome The World · Friday, July 26th ·

Pastor Chris

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon,
and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of
nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves
roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear…(Luke
21:25-26).

The events we see in the world today are
indications that these are difficult times.
Many are disturbed, distraught, and
perplexed about their health, finances,
jobs, and businesses. Though the
Scriptures declare that perilous times will
come upon the earth, the believer is
enjoined not to fear: "… In the world you shall have
tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be
of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain,
undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have
deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it
for you.]" (John 16:33 AMP).

You’re not of this world! God has separated you from
the world, and given you a life that’s beyond this world;
a life of faith and victory through the Word. Your faith
is the victory that overcomes the world. You’re more
than a conqueror. Greater is He that is in you, than he
that is in the world. God has given you a light—His Word
—with which to walk through the darkness.
You’ll live victoriously and triumphantly above sickness,
disease, inflation and terror as you walk in God’s Word.

His power is available in His Word; and you can put that
power to work to produce results. It therefore doesn’t
matter the extent of the darkness or hardship in the
world today; they are opportunities for you to shine and
manifest the glory of God. Isaiah 60:2 says, "For,
behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross
darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee,
and his glory shall be seen upon thee." Job 22:29 says,
"When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is
lifting up…."
There’s lifting up for you in Christ; so cheer up, for
Christ in you is your hope of glory. Hold your head up
high and declare, "Christ in me, is my victory over the
world."

Confession
My faith is the victory that overcomes the world.
Christ in me is my hope of a triumphant and glorious
today, and an excellent future; my life is secure in
Him who causes all things to work together for my
good!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 5:36; Mark 11:23

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 1:18-32, Psalms 35-37
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 11:14-26 Joshua 24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2013
Stir Up Faith From Within · Saturday, July 27th ·

Pastor Anita

But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most
holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost (Jude 1:20).
If you’re in Christ, there’s nothing in the
world to fear. Jesus already overcame the
world and its system for you. When you
face difficult situations in your life, don’t
despair; for you’re not helpless. It’s a fight
of faith, and you have spiritual weapons at
your disposal to launch out in the
offensive.

One of such weapons is singing: singing songs of faith.
Ephesians 5:18-19 says, "And be not drunk with wine,
wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking
to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."
When you face challenges, shut your door and keep
singing, until faith is stirred in your spirit. Sing with the
spirit, and sing with the understanding also (1 Corinthians
14:15).

Then, just like the prophet Ezekiel, the Spirit will stir
you up, and set you upon your feet (Ezekiel 2:2); you’d
know at that moment that the Lord is standing tall in
you. He’ll stir up words in you like: "No weapon
fashioned against you shall prosper." You’ll hear Him tell
you, "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome
them: because greater is he that’s in you, than he that is
in the world" (1 John 4:4). Then you take it up from
there and say, "Yes, Lord! I have overcome them, in the
Name of Jesus Christ!" Right after that, pray in tongues
fervently.

You can stir up faith from within you today, and the
business that was dead will be revived. The finances that
were down will suddenly receive a supernatural boost!
The marriage that was crumbling will be restored! All
these can happen within a flash by the power of the
Holy Spirit, if you’d act on the Word today.

Confession
I refuse to fear, because I’m born of God and I have
overcome the world. Greater is He that’s in me than
he that’s in the world. My faith is alive, and as I put
it to work today, it prevails, in the Name of Jesus.
Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Timothy 6:12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 2, Psalms 38-41
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 11:27-36 Judges 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:56am On Jul 28, 2013
A Life Of Success · Sunday, July 28th

Pastor Chris

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that
shineth more and more unto the perfect day (Proverbs
4:18).

God desires that you consistently make
progress and excel from glory to glory. He
expects you to be increasingly fruitful and
productive in all your endeavours. Jesus
said in John 15:1-8 (NLT), "I am the true
grapevine, and my Father is the gardener.

He cuts off every branch of mine that
doesn’t produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that
do bear fruit so they will produce even more...When you
produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This
brings great glory to my Father." If you’re already
successful and productive, the Lord prunes you to be
even more productive.

You don’t have to wait until you’re old to know whether
or not you’re a success. Success is measured at
different stages of your life. Solomon was a young man
when God made him a success. If you’re conscious of
success at the level where you are today, that
consciousness will take you to a higher level of success
tomorrow.

Realize that you’re in the world as an agent of change;
those you work with or relate to should find you
indispensable. Your boss and those you work with should
be able to depend on you for excellent delivery. When
projects are committed to you, see to it that they’re
executed in perfection. Let those around you consider
you central to their own success.

Cultivate an uncompromising attitude of success; never
make excuses for failure. Keep away from the mundane,
and instil in yourself a culture of excellence and
perfection. The success-mentality gets you excited
everyday about life, and the opportunity to confront
life’s challenges and win!
Produce results; win everyday. Be happy and ready to
solve problems, answer questions, and be a blessing to
your world; that’s the life of success to which you’ve
been called.

Confession
I’m a success; and my path is as the shining light,
which shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect
day. I’m making progress from glory to glory, bringing
forth abundant fruits unto God in righteousness, in
Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 3 John 1:2; Psalm 1:1-3

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 3, Psalms 42-44
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 11:37-44 Judges 2-3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2013
Proclaim Liberty! · Monday, July 29th ·

Pastor Chris

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the
LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto
the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the
brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound
(Isaiah 61:1).

After His death on the Cross, the Lord Jesus descended to hell, defeated Satan and the cohorts of hell and arose on the third day victoriously. He ascended into heaven. Now, the Bible says, "... When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men" (Ephesians 4:cool. Jesus broke the chains of
darkness, and took from them the authority to put
anyone in captivity.
Satan can legally hold no one in captivity anymore. The
bondage is over! That’s why He said, "...Go ye into all the
world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark
16:15); that means to all of creation. Romans 8:19 says,
"For the earnest expectation of the creation waiteth
for the manifestation of the sons of God."

The whole of creation awaits the manifestation, not of
Jesus, but of the sons of God—that’s us, to release
them from the bondage of corruption. How do we
release them? By proclaiming liberty; by announcing to
them that they’re free and that captivity has been taken
captive. This announcement is what the whole creation
has been waiting for.
Romans 8:22 says, "For we know that the whole creation
groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now." But
it’s time for them to know that solution has come in
Christ Jesus. You’re the answer to their cry for help.

You’ve been sent as a light to the nations. Everywhere
you go, the light of God shines, and people come out of
the darkness. The Bible says, the savour of Christ’s
knowledge: the beauty, glory and power of His
righteousness is made manifest by us in every place.
You’re His mouthpiece; His ambassador of the Gospel, to
boldly proclaim liberty to the oppressed. And as you do,
chains will be destroyed, and the hearts of the
disobedient will be turned to the wisdom of the
righteous.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for the life of victory and
dominion I have in Christ Jesus; thank you for giving
me the most esteemed responsibility of ministering
the Gospel to the lost, turning their hearts from sin
unto righteousness. You’ve made me a light to the
nations, and I shine brightly in the midst of a crooked
and perverse generation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Jeremiah 34:8; Philippians
2:15-16

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 4, Psalms 45-48
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 11:45-54 Judges 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Jul 30, 2013
His Goodness And Love · Tuesday, July 30th

Pastor Anita

…Pray for them which despitefully use you, and
persecute you; that ye may be the children of your
Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to
rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on
the just and on the unjust (Matthew 5:44-45).

Someone once said "It appears God, in His
fierce anger against those who are not
saved, brings painful experiences such as
poverty and sickness on them as
judgement." But that’s a wrong perception
of God. God is gracious and kind, both to
the righteous and the unrighteous. His
nature is goodness and love. He never buffets people
with pain and suffering; rather, He always seeks to heal,
save, and bless. He’s the healer, restorer, and mender
of broken hearts, broken lives, and broken relationships.
Several accounts in the Bible readily buttress this. The
story of blind Bartimaeus is a case in point. The Bible
says he was born blind; and not satisfied with his
condition, he cried out to Jesus for help, and the Lord
restored his sight (Mark 10:51-52).

We find a similar example when Jesus and His disciples
encountered another man who was born blind. His
disciples asked Him, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his
parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2). The Lord
responded, "...Neither hath this man sinned, nor his
parents: but that the works of God may be made
manifest in him, I must work the works of him that sent
me, while it is day…" (John 9:3-4). The devil’s work was
manifested in the man’s life through the blindness, but
Jesus manifested God’s goodness and love by healing
him.

Perhaps you’ve been experiencing challenges on your
job, business, family, academics, or even in your health;
you can take advantage of God’s love even now. The
first thing you should know is that affliction, of any
kind, isn’t the will of God for you. He already did
everything necessary for you to live in victory, divine
health, prosperity, righteousness and dominion. Just say
yes to His Word; acknowledge and walk in the light of
what He’s already done for you in Christ Jesus.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I bow to you in worship for
your love, compassion and grace, which are manifested
today in my life and in the lives of many around the
world, through your works of healing, blessings, and
miracles in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 49-51 Romans 5:1-11
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 12:1-12 Judges 5
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2013
No Culture Against Love · Wednesday, July 31st ·

Pastor Chris

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is
the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10).

All people are the same when it comes to
love; they feel and react to love the same
way. Love changes them. It brings
everybody to the same plane, irrespective
of the culture. There’s no culture against
love.

1 Corinthians 13:13 says, "And now abideth faith, hope,
charity, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
If you walk in love towards people, they’ll be compelled
sooner or later to respond the same way, because love
begets love. When you understand the love of God,
you’d realize that it’s the greatest power in the universe.
It goes beyond cultural divides, religious barriers, ethnic
differences, and social stratifications. The love of God
can reach anyone, and melt the hardest heart.

Train yourself to walk in love. It’s a conscious choice
you have to make; it’ll transform your life. Tell yourself,
"I’m going to walk in love, no matter what." In John
13:34, Jesus said, "A new commandment I give unto you,
that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye
also love one another." There shouldn’t be anybody you
can’t love. The love-way is the way of victory;
therefore, you must love everyone genuinely, even when
their actions aren’t deserving of love.

The Bible tells us that God demonstrated His love for
us, while we were undeserving of kindness: "But God
commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:cool.
Therefore, as His beloved children, we’re to love like
Him: "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear
children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us,
and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice
to God for a sweet-smelling savour" (Ephesians 5:1-2).

To walk with God you’d have to love like Him. 1 John
4:7-8 says, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is
of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and
knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for
God is love." Let your language be consistent with the
God-kind of love; let your life be the out-shining of His
love.

Confession
My life is the expression of the love of the Father in
my heart in Christ Jesus. I abound in love today,
towards those in my world, and beyond, and declare
that my heart is established blameless and in holiness
before the Lord, for His love is perfected in me, in
Jesus’ Name.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 4:7-8; 1 Thessalonians
3:12-13

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Psalms 52-55 Romans 5:12-21
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 12:13-21 Judges 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:45am On Aug 01, 2013
Get To Know Your "Features" · Thursday, August 1st

Pastor Chris

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness,
temperance: against such there is no law (Galatians
5:22-23).

The attraction of a device is in its
features. For example, in choosing a new
phone handset, you want to know what its
features are. You want to know all that
device is capable of. In your journey of
life in Christ, some of the things to be
acquainted with are your "features"; what
do you have in you? What are the features of this new
life you’ve received in your spirit?

You’re God’s handiwork, His excellently crafted
masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10), and there’re specific
features that are peculiar to you, such as love, joy,
peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
meekness, and temperance. These are the "features" of
your recreated human spirit. The fact that they’re
described as "fruits" in our opening verse lets you know
they’re things you can develop, and grow in your life! You
can multiply their power and usefulness.
Many people never care about the features of their
devices; they only use the most basic ones, and
therefore don’t enjoy the device to its full potential.
For example, the love of God is in you; put it to work at
all times. Love is victorious over all circumstances;
therefore, walk in love, and you’ll always win, because
love-power is the greatest power there is.

There’re more features in you; study the Word to know
them and put them to work. 1 John 4:4 for example says,
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:
because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the
world." This means you’re victorious over the world, and
you’ve overcome the wicked one and the evil spirits of
darkness; including all the negativities of life, because
the Greater One lives in you.
As you study the Word, you’ll discover the magnificent
qualities of your recreated human spirit. We can live an
extraordinary life through the knowledge of Him who
has called us to glory and excellence.

Confession
I know who I am. I’m a Christ-in-you person! I’m
conscious of the inherent features of the God-life in
my spirit! I’ve been fashioned for glory, beauty and
excellence; I bring forth good things today, because
my heart is a treasury of blessings.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 12:35; 1 John 5:4

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 6:1-14, Psalms 56-59
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 12:22-34, Judges 7
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Your Name And Your Destiny · Friday, August 2nd ·

Pastor Chris

Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but
thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many
nations have I made thee (Genesis 17:5).

Whatever name you answer, as a person,
has a direct bearing on your destiny; your
name gives meaning to your destiny. This
explains why it was necessary for God to
change the names of certain characters in
the Bible in line with their destinies in God.
A good example is Abraham, who was
formerly called Abram. Abram meant exalted father or
assumed father; one who was regarded as a father, even
though he didn’t have children.
However, one day, God spoke to him and said, "…behold,
my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of
many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called
Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of
many nations have I made thee" (Genesis 17:4-5). He
believed God, and immediately started answering the
name "Abraham," meaning ‘a father of many nations.’

Another example is Jacob; he was named Jacob at birth
because when he was born, he held on to his brother’s
heel. Jacob means swindler or deceiver; and true to his
name, he obtained his brother’s birthright through
deceit, with the aid of his mother. However, when he
encountered the Angel of God’s presence and asked to
be blessed, the Angel wouldn’t bless him until his name
was changed from Jacob (the swindler) to Israel, a
prince with God (Genesis 32:28); thus was his destiny
transformed for good.

Before Peter came to Jesus, he answered the name
Simon, meaning a reed shaken by the wind, unstable. As
Simon, he wasn’t consistent. One day Jesus said to him,
"And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter, (Greek:
Petros) and upon this rock (Greek: Petra) I will build my
church…" (Matthew 16:18). "Petros" means a little rock
that’s founded on a greater hidden rock (Petra), not
just a stone; signifying stability and consistency.

If the name you’ve been answering isn’t consistent with
the Word of God, you’ve got to change it, because your
name is your destiny. It makes no difference that you’ve
answered the name all your life; if you find that its
meaning isn’t consistent with the revelation of who you
are as a new creation in Christ, you must respond to
God’s Word and change it as an act of faith. When you
do, your new name will be recorded in heaven, and the
destiny of the former one will be cancelled.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation
of your Word that enlightens me on who I am in
Christ. Thank you for leading and guiding me in the
way that I should go, taking paths that you’ve
preordained for me, and elevating me unto higher
levels of your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 16:16-18

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 6:15-7:1-6, Psalms 60-63
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 12:35-48, Judges 8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2013
Triumphant In Christ · Saturday, August 3rd

Pastor Anita

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to
triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of
his knowledge by us in every place (2 Corinthians
2:14).

When you confessed the Lordship of Jesus
over your life, you were immediately
catapulted into the Kingdom of God’s dear
Son; into a life of triumph. Sadly, many
don’t understand this glorious truth and as
a result, live below their calling. They’re up
today, and down tomorrow; and to them,
"Such is life: you win some, and you lose some." But
that’s not consistent with the life we have in Christ; we
don’t win sometimes, and lose sometimes; we win all the
time! It’s a life of continuous triumph.
Observe our opening verse again; it says, "… thanks be
unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in
Christ…"; not sometimes, but always. What a life!

Christianity is not a religion; it’s the life of God lived out
through you; it’s divinity at work in humanity. You can’t
have this mentality about Christianity, and be beaten
down in life. Until you come to know the Christian life
beyond the facade of religion, all you’d have is the
religiosity of Christian principles; and that’s not good
enough.
You need the understanding of your victorious life in
Christ; you need to have the revelation of the
triumphant, exultant life of the supernatural that you’ve
been called to live. Such an understanding will put
springs in your steps. To know that you have the very
nature of God in your human spirit and His pulsating life
in every fibre of your being will change your perception
in life.

As one who’s born again, become conscious of who you
are and what you have in Christ. You’re different from
the rest of the world; you have the God-life, which
makes you one with Him. With that life working in you,
sickness, disease and infirmity of the body shouldn’t
have power over you, likewise sin. Sin is the cause of
sickness, and Romans 6:14 says, "For sin shall not have
dominion over you…." If sin, which is the parent of
sickness, has no power over you anymore, by virtue of
the pulsating, triumphant life in Christ, then sickness,
which is the offspring of sin, shouldn’t have any power
over you. Halleluiah!

Confession
I’m a victor in Christ Jesus. I’m more than a
conqueror. I function by the wisdom of God, and in
the dominion of the Spirit over every situation! I live
the triumphant life in Christ today, as I recognize and
put to work my authority in Christ! Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 5:4; Romans 8:17

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Romans 7:7-25, Psalms 64-67
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 12:49-59 Judges 9

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (107) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.