Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,565 members, 7,941,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? (9386 Views)

Poll: Should I marry her?

Yes: 59% (37 votes)
No: 40% (25 votes)
This poll has ended

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / Stages Of Pregnancy From Conception To Birth. (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 13, 2007
We haven't heard from the poster in a while,let me safely assume he's busy with the wedding preparations.
It should have been yesterday!
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by omoge(f): 3:30am On Mar 13, 2007
@ babyosisi

lol,

never forget Vesta, hope he throway the cake reach here. it will be good to hear from him sha
make e no look like e run fi cover from forumites and their keyboard, grin
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by spoilt(f): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2007
kpele. next time use protection. why do guys make a big deal about marriage. put the damn ring on her finger and get it over and done with. you are already as good as a couple you might as well make it official and work towards it. but isnt it funny how guys want to bang for free? hehehehe
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Brymore(m): 12:00pm On Mar 13, 2007
If you truly love her, go ahead and marry her.

For me, if we are having a fling and you decide to get pregnant (in spite of the condom use), the first option is to go for an abortion, besides, you can get rid of it before it becomes a baby. If you refuse to get rid of it, then that is your headache, in fact I will deny being the father for I must have effectively explained the terms of the contract to you from the onset.

If on the other hand, we are having a serious relationship and you get pregnant, if I love you then we can get married, but you cannot blackmail me into married with a pregnancy because there is more to it than lots of people see; I believe that there is a marriage mind or mentality asides getting the necessary means to take care of yourself and your family. If you get married when you are not psychologically ready for it, you might doom yourself to a life of perpetual regrets and sorrow, and your family will never forgive you.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2007
Brymore:

If you truly love her, go ahead and marry her.

For me, if we are having a fling and you decide to get pregnant (in spite of the condom use), the first option is to go for an abortion, besides, you can get rid of it before it becomes a baby. If you refuse to get rid of it, then that is your headache, in fact I will deny being the father for I must have effectively explained the terms of the contract to you from the onset.

If on the other hand, we are having a serious relationship and you get pregnant, if I love you then we can get married, but you cannot blackmail me into married with a pregnancy because there is more to it than lots of people see; I believe that there is a marriage mind or mentality asides getting the necessary means to take care of yourself and your family. If you get married when you are not psychologically ready for it, you might doom yourself to a life of perpetual regrets and sorrow, and your family will never forgive you.
#Candid Submission#

But you can impregnate someone with twins and leave her to care for them alone while you deny they were yours because you were not ready for kids.
Why fire the oven when you're not ready to cook?
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Brymore(m): 11:05am On Mar 14, 2007
babyosisi:

Why fire the oven when you're not ready to cook?

Well, I believe 'oven firing' is not a one person thing, unless the other party is drugged, or raped, it takes two and plenty of consent (most times, na the man they6 even suffer the negative consequences and the enjoyment is for them both). In this instance, I stand to be corrected, there was no forcing or drugging in the 'oven firing'. So the lady has no excuse for her decision to get pregnant, keep the fertilized eggs until it became a fetus and resulted in the twins.

I think she did it intentionally so she could use it to blackmail him into marrying her. (Assuming that 'everyone' knows about contraceptives and other means of preventing and truncating the pregnancy process) and I personally hate injustice and blackmail (well I guess everybody does).

So, the man should not be held solely responsible for the result of the sexual act.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by nnada(f): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2007
If u made it clear to her, concerning urself about marriage, my dear u will have made sure to use protection, but the milk has being spilt, now what is the remedy?
Yes not all girls u sleep with, u can marry. Search ur mind and know if u love her and can stand her, unless if u marry her, out of pity, i bet u, u and her entering that marriage and rushing out of it with hatred and disgust.

THE KEY WORD IS TALK TO URSELF, AND KNOW WHAT U WANT FOR URSELF, WE ARE JUST ADVISING, BUT THE BEST BET IS WHA T U TELL URSELF, WE WONT BE THERE WHEN THINGS WILL GO RIGHT OR WRONG.

WISHING U LUCK IN LIFE.
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Brymore(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2007
nnada:

If u made it clear to her, concerning yourself about marriage, my dear u will have made sure to use protection, but the milk has being spilt, now what is the remedy?
Yes not all girls u sleep with, u can marry. Search your mind and know if u love her and can stand her, unless if u marry her, out of pity, i bet u, u and her entering that marriage and rushing out of it with hatred and disgust.

THE KEY WORD IS TALK TO URSELF, AND KNOW WHAT U WANT FOR URSELF, WE ARE JUST ADVISING, BUT THE BEST BET IS WHA T U TELL URSELF, WE WONT BE THERE WHEN THINGS WILL GO RIGHT OR WRONG.

WISHING U LUCK IN LIFE.

Well said nnada.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by lizzy47(f): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2007
Brymore u are not so far from the truth but what if the girl is a very young naive girl with very little or no experience just got foolishly in love or better still in lust and the guy tricks his way in will u abandon the poor helpless half dead girl
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by rezzy: 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2007
If you know you wouldn't take her to the altar ,why take her to bed?

so do well and marry her .
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Brymore(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2007
lizzy 47:

Brymore u are not so far from the truth but what if the girl is a very young naive girl with very little or no experience just got foolishly in love or better still in lust and the guy tricks his way in will u abandon the poor helpless half dead girl

This quote is from the originator of this post;

"I was working and she had graduatd (27 year old). So I found it difficult to believe it was just a mistake. Besides, there is no doubt about the perternity(sic) of the babies: they are my carbon copies!"

Sorry Lizzy, but you cannot call a 27 year old university graduate 'poor' or 'helpless' or 'young and naive with little or no experience', I also want you to tell me if it is the pregnancy that makes her 'half dead'. Please, I may not be a woman or know so much about pregnancy, but I don't think it is a condition that is meant to make you totally miserable and 'half dead'.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by fadenike(f): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2007
@ AUTHOR, I UNDERSTAND BY YOUR STORY THAT YOU LOVE HER, THOUGH THERE WAS MISTAKE @ INCEPTION. PLS DO UNDERSTAND THAT NO WOMAN BELIEVE A TRUE LOVE UNTIL VISION/ PLANNING ARE IN MOTION.

SHE REACTED THAT WAY PROBABLY ALL YOUR CARE HAS BEEN ONLY ON THE CHILDREN, I.E YOU WANT TO BE A FATHER
AND NOT HER HUSBAND.

IF YOU REALLY LOVE HER, MAKE A STEP TOWARD THE MARRIAGE BY PLANNING. MONEY SHOULD NOT DICTATE SINCE ITS NOT STABLE, WORK ON THE LITTLE YOU HAVE NOW . LET HER UNDERSTAND YOUR FINANCIAL STRENGHT BY NOT GO FOR TOO ELABORATE WEDDING.

ABOVE ALL WEDDING IS GOOD BUT DESIRE A HOME BY  SEEKING GOD'S COUNSEL .
STAY BLESSED
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by VESTA: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2007
I am still around. She is presently giving me more reason to doubt her; to doubt our compatibility. will give you detail soon.

Thanks
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by anabell(f): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
my dear Vester, stop lookin 4 reasons not to marry d poor girl after gettin her pregnant.Pls be a real man and marry her,take up ur responsibility like a real man and get married to her, at list 4 d baby sake{poor innocent baby}and quit been a sissy.Do u want ur baby to come from a broken home?i no u would not like dat dont 4get babies are gift from GOD so dont worry be happy marry her and every other thing will fall into place.Goodluck
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by laudate: 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2007
Abeg, all of una get time sef.    angry Why una dey beg am to marry di girl?

Oga Vesta, biko, leave di girl & your twins, you hear? Just follow yah mind.

Once the twins grow up, they will thank you for abandoning their mother & making her a laughing stock by impregnating her & dumping her. Then they will give you a chieftancy title, for allowing the rest of the world to see them as 'bastards'.

When both of you were sharing the same bed & doing the physical act that led to the conception of those kids, una dey compatible. No be so? You did not doubt her compatibility at that time. Afterall, 'cunny man die, cunny man bury am'. Abi I lie?
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:54pm On Apr 25, 2007
I want twins smiley
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:58pm On Apr 25, 2007
Girls of the world beware of guys like Brymore o.

Bet this same person yapping mouth about abortion is the first person seated at the church pew. garbage.
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by needeeg(m): 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2007
Wish u that my sis,(twins)
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Brymore(m): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ ThiefOfHearts

I know how to get twins. If you are interested, we can talk business. LOL

Meanwhile, wetin I do you wey you wan chase all my fans?
I just used the facts presented to analyse the situation. That's all.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by anabell(f): 8:25pm On Apr 25, 2007
@laudate, na true u talk and notin but d truth.@vester biko read laudate reply and sleep over it .
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2007
You disgust me is all, Brymore.
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by GNature(m): 2:05am On Apr 26, 2007
Brymore:

@ ThiefOfHearts

I know how to get twins. If you are interested, we can talk business. LOL

LMAO. This dude is crazy grin grin
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Aproko(f): 11:49am On Apr 26, 2007
vesta,that someone has your kids is not good enof reason to get married.it will be an incentive if you always wanted to marry the person.but when you start to have doubts then only you can make up your mind on what to do.

just wandering,if some gal makes you give up your dream of being a 'father' to being a father, dont you think she is worth getting married to?or is she your ticket to life out of the seminary?
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by finemocha(f): 12:24am On May 13, 2007
eh ya
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by BIKINI(f): 4:38pm On May 13, 2007
IF NA ME BE HER PARENT(S), I GO CASTRATE U OR PUT ONE STERILITY CURSE ON YOUR HEAD. WEN U DEY BONK HER U 4GET .WHETER NA SHOTGUN WEDDING OR ANYTHING DEM LIKE CALL AM , U MUST MARRY HER O!
            I THANK GOD SAY U TOO DON BCOM FATHER TO A DAUGHTER, IF U NO GO MAKE AN HONEST WOMAN OF THAT(THEIR MOTHER,) LADY, HMMMM . . . BY THE WAY U DON HEAR OF KARMA?

IT'S OVBIOUS U STILL LOVE HER, U ARE JUST EXPERIENCING THE USUAL COLD FEET DIE-HARD BACHELORS GET.

GO AND MARRY HER O!
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Emad(f): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2007
"she is expecting a baby " is the WRONG reason to marry any body
It goes for the girl and for the boy alike
but mostly for the girl, because five years later when he starts flirting u will be crying that he does not love u , Well u looked for it
because u made him marry you for a reason that was not completely and absolutely LOVE
he will insult you and tell u "if it was not because of junior i would never have married u"
That hurts , but baby girl u asked for it.
Let me provide for the child and come to see the child once in a while, but dont let him feel he has any obligation to marry you for it
Beleive me this is difficult to do but it is safer, you are happier alone than to be married to a man who does not absolutely love u
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by uchetobi(f): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
Why should you straff her in the first place if you were not ready for the consequences If a girl says she wants to wait for marriage before sex you men will not gree (anyways am not really blaming you). Am sure she is acting this way because sixteen months have come an gone and you guys are not a step closer to the altar. She is now after two and who knows you may just be leading her on. Cuz from the way you are sounding it doesn’t seem to me that you want to marry her.
Anyways babies aren’t enough reasons to go into marriage. But pls search your mind and don’t lead her on
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 07, 2007
Seunh,this thread should be locked.
The poster has disapperaed,let's assume he is currently running around for the long overdue wedding.
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by adeboo(f): 6:58pm On Jun 08, 2007
Please do not marry her cause she had your kids.
It may end badly cause you arent going into the marriage cause of the right reasons.

I just feel you both should date yourself again and find the reason u got together in the first place.
Just do that, date her all over again and see what happens.

But just mak sure you are the kids lives.
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Emad(f): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks adeboo , finally some one is thinking
children are a consequence of marriage not the purpose for it
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by Emad(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks adeboo , finally some one is thinking
children are a consequence of marriage not the purpose for it
Re: Must I Marry Her Because Of Pregnancy? by blacklion(m): 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2008
some girls are only good for bed but not for altar

-
just as some men are only good as aristo/sugar daddy/mugu but not for husband

not every relationship must end at the altar - some must fall by the wayside

there is no law that said u must marry everyone u slept with or else we would be married to our first sex partner

@ vesta, pls ignore those urging you to marry this girl. marry her only if you really wish to from the bottom of your heart and ure sure you guys are compatible

never marry a woman out of pity or just because she is pregnant or has kids for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook / You Remove Your Wedding Ring in Public, Sometimes? / Would You Marry A Girl You Don't Love Out Of Pity After Dating Her For 10 Years?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.