Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: (15316 Views)

Kogi Guber: Audu Will Return The N11bn He Stole If Elected - APC Chairman / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by mansmith(m): 8:47pm On Feb 07, 2010
I congratulate Mr Peter Obi,I am proud of you,for teaching PDP a lesson my heart goes out to Dr NGIGE,YOU CAN NOT WIN ALL THE TIME.
BUT FOR THE BIG FOOL WHO CALLS HIMSELF ROADSTAR OR ROAD THIEF,YOUR OPINION IS THE MOST STUPID OPINION I HAVE EVER READ,SO YOU DO NOT SEE ANYTHING BRAVE IN FIGHTING FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?THAT MEANS YOU ARE LIVING THE LIFE OF A COWARD.LET ME REMIND YOU THAT IF YOU THAT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING YOU CAN DIE FOR THEN YOUR LIFE IS NOT WORT LIVING.OJUKWU IS A HERO.HOW MANY PEOPLE IN NIGERIA CAN BRING OUT THE GOVERNMENT MONEY THEY STOLE AND USE IT TO FIGHT FOR THEIR PEOPLE?OJUKWU BROUGHT OUT HIS DAD'S HARD EARNED MONEY TO FIGHT FOR HIS PEOPLE.ONE MORE THING ROAD BULL SHIT LEAR TO RESPECT YOU ELDERS OR, YOU BECOME USELESS shocked
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by newdeal(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2010
Most refreshing piece of news I've heard from Naija in recent times!!

Anambra state is surely on the right track with Peter Obi in the saddle,
hope he does not allow himself to be distracted though
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by ALHAJIali(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2010
i feel good for this obi,am so happy,keep good work o b i
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by kessiah: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
That is good for him, because he campaigh well for it.
But i have something for my fellow nigerians just visit or click grabthisforfree..com
see u there
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by cliveland: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
well, well, well!

am not igbo, but am naija who lives and feels the pulse down here, and i guess every well meaning naija should be proud, if he/she has any idea of naija politics and particularly anambra should be happy for the state, at least PDP lost for all that counts, Soludo should go kiss d arse of those who fooled him "from Governor of CBN to Governor of a state" haba its not dat cheap a cake, he should learn the ropes, start from the grassroots, get to know his people n let them know n trust him as a fellow statesman, not a PDP imposed chimp.

CONGRATS!!! fellow naija, Congrats indigbo, congrats Peter Obi no one stole your mandate again.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Bokoharam: 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2010

RoadStar Posts: 39 « #6 on: Today at 01:45:04 PM » 
I thought Anambra would've tried someone else (except Uba ofcourse)There is a huge infrastructural and commercial underdevelopment in the state.

They're lucky they dint secede from Nigeria.
They would've been living on trees by now.

like corrupt soludo abi? r u sure u re ok?

Congratulations Peter obi!!
Congratulations Anmabra!!
Congratulations Nigeria!!
Congratulations Democracy!!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by woye77: 10:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
hurray! peter obi has been re-electedrigged as anambra state governor grin
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by luckyCO(m): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2010
I dont know why some people choose to condemn the wish of people! Anambra wants Obi, but the noise makers flood internet, making so much noise as if noise wins election.

Anambra people know who they want, please stop calling names and respect people's choice which had been violated since 1999 by Ekwueme & PDP.

Anambra needs happening like this to teach some people lesson. Hope we surrender now and support ANIDS for positive development in anambra state. Make your contribution and offer support not abduction or armed rubbery which they wanted to use to ridicule APGA & Obi. God is alive!

My problem is that non-anambrarians , prefer Soludo, Ngige than OBI. I asked why they said Obi doesn't give journalist money but Ngige does.

Obi is our governor, that is what I can say, any attempt to threaten Obi again by house of assembly, by 2011 APGA will win the entire house of assembly and LGA Chairman then their eyes will open .

He that has ear should hear!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by mamagee3(f): 10:42pm On Feb 07, 2010
Which means Anambra State's problems would be on the increase. sad
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by akigbemaru: 11:07pm On Feb 07, 2010
Who is this Peter Obi or Colanut head self? Soludo should have won jo!!!!!

Why Peter Obi won again, he should have been Soludo who promised to repatriate all ibos back to South East. He said they are African Jews and need to be resettled back in East. It shows majority of ibos are reactionary and enjoy this status quo though. I am sorry for Soludo because I thought his dream would come true. I have already done the “Visibility studies” of both Alaba Market and Matori Market, at least, 50 skyscrapers of each in both locations ((As you know, if one man’s life no spoil another man’s life no go better)). But since Soludo did not win to warrant possible repatriation of Ibos from Lagos, I will have to renege on my fantastic plan to redevelop both Alaba and Matori markets.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by kling: 11:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
The Anambra election is a call for conscious reawakening for the entire Igbo nation. I can periscope into the future and tell what the political landscape of the igbo nation states will be from 2011. I feel so happy and proud that our Anambra brothers have waken up to give us the direction we have always begged for.

I feel sorry for the buffoons that see Ojukwu from a jaundiced perspective and they will continue to do that at their own peril.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by DoubleN(m): 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
Is Anybody in the house Surprised?
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by tayoast(m): 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2010
Double N:

Is Anybody in the house Surprised?

No, i'm not.

Obi won, praised INEC 4 a job well done.

Soludo & Ngige?? claimed there were discrepancies/irregularities.

wu do we believe??
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by semid4lyfe(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
Anyone but Soludo of the People Deceiving Party
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by yam: 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
I now know from this forum y people dont get to their destinations, goals, purpose in Life.they get easily distracted by unneccesary things and follow after that till they realise themselves out of the way.BEBRIEF started  a good discussion,Roadstar wrote down its own opinion, instead of others to ignore him, they followed after him, he became  their leader and they became his follower. Nobody talked about the topic of the forum till the next page.if this incident is to be dramatised u see how big a mistake those that contends with Roadstar made.i wonder y they think everybody should have the same opinion about a particular person thou the insult wasnt appropriate.

i am a bit reliefed that Peter obi won and thank God there was no unrest, death and rigging which almost the whole nation anticipated for.Thank God.to God be the glory.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by drpompay(m): 4:23am On Feb 08, 2010
Wao! This is d 'best' forum i've seen in nairaland. Guys abeg who na wan burst my head wit laughter. Wel 4 Obi, i say congrats,@ least u saved us 4m d worthless PDP, I really dont care who wins,as long as its not PDP. Why u guys continue d drama,lets arise and join d revolution to flush anything associated wit PDP OUT OF NAIJA. Hope other states in Nigeria will join d queue.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by EzeCanada: 4:34am On Feb 08, 2010
Although I would have preferred Ngigge to win based on his attributes and achievements which speaks volume for him, he got it all wrong going into the race under the AC platform which is alien to ndi Anambra.

Had another candidate won, it would have been disastrous to Ojukwu,  politically, psycho-socially and even healthwise. And I would have felt terribly bad for him because I have lot of respect for him.

I am so delighted neither Andy nor Soludo's PDP had their way into the Government house, because with any of these guys in there, things would have fallen apart.

Overall, I give God the glory.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 08, 2010
Roadstar,
Forget the Ojukwu connection and see the bigger picture.
Democracy,not Ojukwu, won.
PDP tried all they could to win,but it was just not possible.
Soludo promised heaven and earth.From the mess uncovered in the banking sector,I wouldn't trust him with my mother's pot of soup.
We all wanted Ngige,but thinking about his saga in the 2003 elections has diminished his credibility in some people's eyes despite all the "development".Ekwunife has a tainted past,never mind her mystique and sudden rise to prominence.
For you to insult Anambra people after an election that is relatively credible by Nigerian standards is actually reprehensible.All because you wanted someone else to win.
Anambra state is backward,not because of the people,but because of the likes of PDP.If Mbadinuju,a PDP governor,could plunge the state in four years to the lows he did in four years,PDP hardly deserves to be mentioned in that state,not to talk of contesting any election.
Anambra people have spoken.If you don't like it,go and have credible elections in whatever state you come from and ensure your candidate wins.Otherwise,you're the one with a backward mentality.The same goes for all of us who think that way.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by 0hsisi: 4:41am On Feb 08, 2010
The Igbos who have been a democratic group from time immemorial have proven once again that elections can be carried out without blood shed and riggings.
Let the nation learn from Ndi Chukwu goziri a gozi
Igbo kwezuonu!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by amiafy(f): 4:51am On Feb 08, 2010
mama-gee:

Which means Anambra State's problems would be on the increase. sad

@mamagee
am quite surprised at ur statement, i really used to respect u
to me obi is the best gov so far in anambra, with his ANIDS he has really done enough to mhave him re-elected, the things he has done for us, especially in osha where i live, no other gov has done that. for those wishing ngige won, am happy he did not because all he did during his time was build/pach roads not realising that we need more that road in the state.

luckyCO:

I dont know why some people choose to condemn the wish of people! Anambra wants Obi, but the noise makers flood internet, making so much noise as if noise wins election.

Anambra people know who they want, please stop calling names and respect people's choice which had been violated since 1999 by Ekwueme & PDP.

Anambra needs happening like this to teach some people lesson. Hope we surrender now and support ANIDS for positive development in anambra state. Make your contribution and offer support not abduction or armed rubbery which they wanted to use to ridicule  APGA & Obi. God is alive!

My problem is that non-anambrarians , prefer Soludo, Ngige than OBI. I asked why they said Obi doesn't give journalist money but Ngige does.

Obi is our governor, that is what I can say, any attempt to threaten Obi again by house of assembly, by 2011 APGA will win the entire house of assembly and LGA Chairman then their eyes will open .

He that has ear should hear!

there is nothing else to say except if they love soludo and ngigi so much why didnt they register and vote,
i cant wait to continue seeing oobi's work.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by bolanleodu: 5:24am On Feb 08, 2010
The best news out of Nigeria for a while. I actually anticipated trouble but thank God there was non. This is good democratic decision would love to see a replication of it in other regions. For those who think Ojukwu is nothing good, i make bold to state that he is a great man a true statesman.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 08, 2010
0hsisi:

The Igbos who have been a democratic group from time immemorial have proven once again that elections can be carried out without blood shed and riggings.
Let the nation learn from Ndi Chukwu goziri a gozi
Igbo kwezuonu!

osisi and blind propaganda

see as she is sweeping all the events that occurred before this election under the carpet - democratic group since time immemorial cheesy cheesy - tell that to mbadinuju and chris uba cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by BlazeTrail(m): 6:50am On Feb 08, 2010
grin grin grin
I can’t help to hold the laughter after reading through page1 of this forum.
Well, I think one should always put forward a constructive criticism rather than rubbishing personalities. It does not in any way add value. Moreover, that is not the best way for correcting issues. I also believe that instead of making tribalsitic statement one should contribute positively to the topic at hand or keep mute when there is no better remark to make.

I thank God for the events in Anabara. It is my prayer that the Governor will rise up to the challenges ahead and do more to promote the entire interest of the State and the country at large. For those that lost, I believe they have the interest of the nation before they came out for election so they should pull their knowledge and recourses together to support the Governor for the general benefit of the Anabara State. For it take a good follower to make a good leader.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by master2(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2010
Obi has won is a good and a lesson 2 PDP who believes dy can always sweep d state n subject d wishes of d people
@roadstar abi na roadthief wetin b ur own.contribute meaningfully and stop been a fool by insulting people!
@asha 80
good thougth.tnks 4 ur contribution.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Feraz(m): 8:11am On Feb 08, 2010
@least, i'm happy twas peaceful. Congrats to Peter Obi!
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Emperoh(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2010
Eastbay:

Roadstar,
Forget the Ojukwu connection and see the bigger picture.
Democracy,not Ojukwu, won.
PDP tried all they could to win,but it was just not possible.
Soludo promised heaven and earth.From the mess uncovered in the banking sector,I wouldn't trust him with my mother's pot of soup.
We all wanted Ngige,but thinking about his saga in the 2003 elections has diminished his credibility in some people's eyes despite all the "development".Ekwunife has a tainted past,never mind her mystique and sudden rise to prominence.
For you to insult Anambra people after an election that is relatively credible by Nigerian standards is actually reprehensible.All because you wanted someone else to win.
Anambra state is backward,not because of the people,but because of the likes of PDP.If Mbadinuju,a PDP governor,could plunge the state in four years to the lows he did in four years,PDP hardly deserves to be mentioned in that state,not to talk of contesting any election.
Anambra people have spoken.If you don't like it,go and have credible elections in whatever state you come from and ensure your candidate wins.Otherwise,you're the one with a backward mentality.The same goes for all of us who think that way.

Don't tell eme u are from Anambra State?
Abi u dey marry our daughter?
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Marymos: 9:07am On Feb 08, 2010
Am happy that Obi won although was surprise thinking PDP will rig the election.The is the right way to reject a party that is holding 150million people to ransome.We must all vote PDP out of power come 2011.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Bolarge(m): 9:26am On Feb 08, 2010
I'm of the opinion two major things worked synergistically to make for what we saw happen over the weekend in these polls:

-The big boys (PDP dominated) in Abuja decided to let this one slide to avoid further heating up of the already volatile polity a la the ailing President/VP hand over issues.

-INEC/ Iwu had to play along with this to appease an already disgruntled and thoroughly but justifiably cynical electorate so we can give them the "benefit of doubt" and be less contemptuous of them and the colossal fraud they are.

Trust me they are ready to reveal their true colors and not only bare their fangs but tear all opposition to pieces come 2011 when the real thing's at stake.

Congratulations Peter Obi. The voice of the people prevailed.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Ossaifamous(m): 9:28am On Feb 08, 2010
Obi won because others do not see him as a big contender , this is a man who have not contest a political post before becoming a governor and also being in APGA is a added advantage i.e the Ojukwu factor.
As for progress in the state, I think Obi will deliver , people of the state should keep some faith in him as the last tenure he just completed was full of impechment and controversies. That is the way I see it.
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by saintade01(m): 9:34am On Feb 08, 2010
Where is the 'Power' of 'People Deceiving Party' embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking News: Obi Re-elected Anambra State Governor: by Spyker: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2010
Every election in Nigeria is rigged, whether na PDP or AC or APGA or PPA, whatever they call it. The only winner is the one who rigged better than others and i know the the power of incumbency has made the different between the contestants riggers.
Anambra has already tasted Peter Obi hence there will be no new development in the state except what they are used to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Yenagoa, Bayelsa State / MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor / FG Begins Nationwide Town Hall Meetings On Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.