Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:27 AM

A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) (50343 Views)

Bus Recovered After Plunging Into A River, Some Passengers Missing. Photos / Bus Plunges Into Bridge Along Bayelsa Road,Driver,Passengers Missing (Photos) / Lagos Tanker Explosion: 3-Year-Old Boy Declared Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by macphidel(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
if u are close to our land borders (idiroko, seme e.t.c), this isn't new as those smugglers drive with three tyres when one is bad, they simply tie the axle to the shock absorber as they've pimped the vehicle very high

1 Like

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
martineverest:
After thoroughly scrutinizing the pics, I can conclude that the car isn't moving... Don't fall for optical illusion present in the pics

If the driver wants to move the car, he should learn to move the Centre of gravity away from the middle of the car to driver's side

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Moyosola1810: 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
it's real. av seen it live@ilaro... some drivers are just reckless
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by wristbangle: 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The private tow truck will first charge maybe $500 plus $35 / day and the police might impound it for 6 months or more for evidence.

The cost to get the car out of impound will be more than the value so most just walk away and the impound will sell it as a lien sale.

Sometimes you find goodies stashed in those cars because the owner didn't get a chance to remove them.

It is just like the case of auction vehicles at custom office hence the amount to retrieve will cost almost half the amount of the vehicle when purchased.

So eventually, lien sales is carried out on the vehicle

1 Like

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by GodsMopol: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Open a church and let me sow a seed to your life!!

A..ss.hole

seed

Is that the best you gat

By the way, we don't need monies that would desecrate our alter, my salvation is worth more than Bill gate, Dangote and your 50th generation put together, who are por* freak
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by IRobot7(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
MediumStout:
Biafra will never come sad

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by horlabiyi(m): 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
Check the photos very well and the demarcation on the road.
SeniorZato:
The car was parked
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by fckmn24seg(m): 12:26am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol this can never happen in a sane environment. The driver will be taking to psychiatric hospital for instant checkup

It's difficult to video such vehicle on top speed ma'm

Its not a new thing, it is common on owode idiroko boarder road
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=TrapHedges post=58828185]Wait are u guys saying u didn't #otice the tire went off in motion... Aw can that even possibly take d car far.. What about the law of
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by seguno2: 12:46am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:
Lol this can never happen in a sane environment. The driver will be taking to psychiatric hospital for instant checkup

The way you say "sane environment" be like something that will happen by magic
After encountering the vehicle did you report to the police, FRSC or some other law enforcement officials including the LGA Councillor, chairman and state lawmaker for the area?
If you did not, please tell us how your "sane environment" will emerge?
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Funjosh(m): 1:16am On Jul 26, 2017
Yes it is real.......... I saw same last two Sunday along Badagry Expressway after Agbara.

1 Like

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by deymolar(m): 4:19am On Jul 26, 2017
What u are seeing is very real and a moving vehicle o top speed. This is what smugglers do. If u use road along Nigerian boders u will see dis regularly. I think it is african science at work. But i av seen dis many times

1 Like

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by BiafraBushBoy(m): 5:51am On Jul 26, 2017
GodsMopol:

seed

Is that the best you gat

By the way, we don't need monies that would desecrate our alter, my salvation is worth more than Bill gate, Dangote and your 50th generation put together, who are por* freak

lol.. man of god indeed!!

You are just a hungry pvssy looking to get my attention!!

Now piss off!!!

This is my last reply to you...
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by tomdon(m): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol even the FRSC guys are confused when they spotted him but couldn't get him because he was on top speed. Very crazy driver

The way I'm looking at you is like you're wearing lies on you!!!
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
hmmmmm.
i seriously doubt this, that car is propelled by the rear wheels, so how come he was driving with just a single tire, even if he was on speed(motion) before the tire flew out, i can see a slight traffic congestion ahead in that pics, how was he able to slow down and continue with the journey?
not a physics student, but i know this is very very unlikely

It's a front wheel Toyota estate. Probably the old model avensis.

But I am still wondering how the car manages to stay afloat when it slows to a stop.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Psoul(m): 6:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Sugarcious:
Zero value for life. Make una leave am. All man to his coffin. That's JAMES BURN.

So from ur childhood till now, u never bothered to kw the correct name. You are still calling it JAMES BURN. Are u related to Buhari?

I won't be the one to tell you.

1 Like

Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by glossy6(f): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2017
auntysimbiat:
moving ?? where is the video?
Come to Badagry expressway, dem boku
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by glossy6(f): 6:38am On Jul 26, 2017
sheypian:
And you think this is possible How come?

I've seen such on Badagry expressway. I must say that I couldn't believe my eyes but then the car was moving and speeding too.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by sonnie10: 6:43am On Jul 26, 2017
How was the camera able to pick individual wheel bolts? Even in film photography, fast film with up to 400 speed can't do that.

If it was moving, the bolt would appear kind of distorted. Like a circular image but not separareted as seen here.

This is not to say that a vehicle in motion would not maintain balance for while if it looses one, tire before it topples over.

Remember Newton law of motion - a body in motion remains in motion until acted upon by an external force.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 26, 2017
This picture can make you cool cash only if you know but u don use am collect peanut on nairaland. Front page!!!
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by kan12(m): 6:55am On Jul 26, 2017
[quote author=auntysimbiat post=58825730]moving ?? where is the video?

you have brain,No car stands with three tyres,let alone move.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by TrapHedges(m): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2017
lartty:
Law of gravity states that whatever goes up must surely comes down. i don't know how that is related to this sha. or u mean frictional law? if am wrong correct me.

ask ur mcm to correct u, since thats the only explanation u got for gravity, even with ur explanation u still didn't figure mi point... #Tears
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Fx55(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2017
GabdelandAgro:
I see its moving truely. big risk, but how is this possible?
The car will remain suspended while still in motion and it has to be at top speed. The moment he slows down or stops, that vehicle must go down!
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by wristbangle: 7:20am On Jul 26, 2017
tomdon:

The way I'm looking at you is like you're wearing lies on you!!!

People already have testify this to be true and I understand you have some doubts about the incidence.

Let me explain to you: The rear of the car has been lifted above its normal equilibrium with the axle tied to the suspension hence the force of gravity/fulcrum force is much concentrated at the front of the car making it plausible for such to occur and this kind of incidence truly happens in ogun/lagos state borders to Benin republic.

I hope you would one day visit areas such as Ilaro, idiroko, etc to clear your doubts boss
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by timilehin007(m): 7:38am On Jul 26, 2017
hotspec:
Abeg which software
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by UbChapter(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:

It's difficult to video such vehicle on top speed ma'm
Oga stop spreading lies. How can a car with one tyre missing be moving?
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:
It's crazy how some drivers risk their life yet they will put the blame on village witches when unforeseen circumstance happen.

Check out pictures of a crazy driver on highway driving at high speed despite a missing tyre fixed at the rear of the car.

Nigeria-- a wonderland! Bizarre things are never in short supply.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by kllinxman(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2017
Its highly possible at that point the car is moving with the principle of bicycle, I.e to maintain balance keep moving. And even the Op car has Rag as a wipper... Op can u deny this ?.
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by mikolo80: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2017
wristbangle:
It's crazy how some drivers risk their life yet they will put the blame on village witches when unforeseen circumstance happen.

Check out pictures of a crazy driver on highway driving at high speed despite a missing tyre fixed at the rear of the car.

crazy driver ko kolo passenger ni. tire came off and he didn't know, that's why the car was still balanced. once he slows down for checkpoint or whatever the rear will come down then he will realise hes missing a tire
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by donqx: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2017
photoshop
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Sugarcious(m): 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2017
Psoul:

So from ur childhood till now, u never bothered to kw the correct name. You are still calling it JAMES BURN. Are u related to Buhari?

I won't be the one to tell you.
U think I don't who James Bond is? C'mmon I changed it to BURN to fit the news. Are u related to FFK?
Re: A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) by Psoul(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
Sugarcious:
U think I don't who James Bond is? C'mmon I changed it to BURN to fit the news. Are u related to FFK?

Please tell us how the BURN fits in the story, we may learn a new thing. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinese Man, Who Called Kenyatta A Monkey, Deported / Chinese Man Trapped In India Since 1963 Set Free In 2017 / Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.