Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (849952 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2017
AfroHeathen:

Paper route, submitted on the 27th of July at vfs Lagos.
Upfront medicals. Medicals passed on 10th of August.

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript
University degree (bsc computer science 2.2)
Project management certificate from new horizon

Admission letter from Seneca college (project management - information technology) (PGD)
Tuition invoice letter
Tuition paid for 1st semester(8000cad)
Bank confirmation of fees paid
Letter from Seneca acknowledging fees paid

I have dual citizenship with Nigeria and Ghana, but I used my Ghanaian passport because that's where all my travel history is.
Travel history: Paris, Amsterdam, UK and US( both are currently valid)
Birth certificate
Passport
Copy of the Residence card (for the Ghanaian passport )
Parents passports biopage and marriage certificate
Sister's birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of name certificate and her passport biopage.
Parents's letter of employment and a copy of their ID cards

My parents are my sponsors
13000usd and 5000cad with a bank in Canada
5000usd in Dom account
About 1000usd and less than 1000GBP here and there
1m in current account here in Nigeria
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
My own shares of 100k grin
Land property worth 66m

I have a job now but I was unemployed when submitting ,I just put in unemployed on their form.
I also didn't write SOP. The study questionnaire was adequate.

Hope this helps someone. Sorry for the format and typos, I'm on mobile.

Haha, it's easy to see why they approved your PGD bro. You are a different brand of PGD not fitting the brand that wants to run away. For crying out loud, you have a valid USA and Uk visa bro. This one is a cake walk now. Congrats!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:09am On Aug 24, 2017
Miles490:

Hahaha I dey tell you, I knew "they" were going to start another one by saying "he used a Ghanaian passport" see the person doesn't even have any home tie! He didn't even have a job when he applied. Meaning no personal assets except his 100k naira in shares. Just put up a got SOP that's it. Learn guys

The guy has ties don't be mistaken. His parent's have more than sufficient financial heft, VOs view this as tie in itself. I am just eyeing that 66m property value.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:15am On Aug 24, 2017
maziude:

No vex boss. The boss get home ties...his family...

This is what I have been saying with regards to hometie, if your family is all you have, use them as home tie.

Everyone has home ties if that is the case. Almost everyone has parents and sibling in Nigeria. In the case at hand, the guys' parents' more than sufficient financial heft, is the inducing factor. In contrast to others who have parents too in Nigeria and get denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 1:37am On Aug 24, 2017
wealth360:
how far? Did you later apply for your trv?

Not in Cameroun, but in the Great U.S. of Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Abiodunne: 2:19am On Aug 24, 2017
Ohcanada:
Maralina, I admire your "courageous courage", indeed you are favoured by the Most high.

As for other TRV hopefuls, I advice you not to send mails like maralina did. If not for GOD's divine.intervention, the step she took was quite risky.

Imagine how the CIC might feel if they start to receive tons of mail pressuring them on how to run the game.

Exercise some patience and pray hard. It will end in praise!!!

Goodnight fellas.

Story! I dn send my own letter tey tey. Ogbeni september dn reach finish u say make we dey sit down dey look cic for face?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 2:50am On Aug 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Not in Cameroun, but in the Great U.S. of Nigeria.
you did not answer my question. have you applied for your SP?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by judebebo32: 3:15am On Aug 24, 2017
I arrived Edmonton international airport 18:30 local time August 23, 2017. Indeed it was a stressful day for me as I changed flight 3 times from Tallinn, Stockholm and Reykjavik airport respectively. I nearly missed my flight at Reykjavik airport where I was going to exit the Schengen Zone. The immigration officer had to verify my Schengen Resident permit which is still Valid for a couple of years.
At the POE I was not asked any question, the officer checked my passport and landing card then she asked me to go and collect my luggage and study permit. At the study permit collection section, The lady jokingly asked if I was going to work or study in Canada and how long I would be staying in Canada. People here are quite polite and friendly at least for someone that has lived in Europe for a couple of years and visited almost all Schengen countries. I can spot the disparity in the way people interact with each other here.
Thanks to everyone on this forum, Mazuide and co hope to see you some day.
My flight to Saskatoon has been delayed still chilling at the airport. To those still awaiting approval, I pray you get that success mail ASAP.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by fembas316(m): 3:49am On Aug 24, 2017
It was a great moment chilling out with Maziude today at Ottawa. Dude is just as open as he is on the forum. We related as if we have known for like ever. Wishing the TRV hopefuls the very best and to the approved ones, a big congratulations.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:28am On Aug 24, 2017
judebebo32:
I arrived Edmonton international airport 18:30 local time August 23, 2017. Indeed it was a stressful day for me as I changed flight 3 times from Tallinn, Stockholm and Reykjavik airport respectively. I nearly missed my flight at Reykjavik airport where I was going to exit the Schengen Zone. The immigration officer had to verify my Schengen Resident permit which is still Valid for a couple of years.
At the POE I was not asked any question, the officer checked my passport and landing card then she asked me to go and collect my luggage and study permit. At the study permit collection section, The lady jokingly asked if I was going to work or study in Canada and how long I would be staying in Canada. People here are quite polite and friendly at least for someone that has lived in Europe for a couple of years and visited almost all Schengen countries. I can spot the disparity in the way people interact with each other here.
Thanks to everyone on this forum, Mazuide and co hope to see you some day.
My flight to Saskatoon has been delayed still chilling at the airport. To those still awaiting approval, I pray you get that success mail ASAP.

Welcome boss...

Hope to see you some day...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 4:30am On Aug 24, 2017
fembas316:
It was a great moment chilling out with Maziude today at Ottawa. Dude is just as open as he is on the forum. We related as if we have known for like ever. Wishing the TRV hopefuls the very best and to the approved ones, a big congratulations.

I sight you boss...

The pleasure is mine...

You guys made my evening... all the plenty laughs... grin grin grin

Waiting for everyone...

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:24am On Aug 24, 2017
wealth360:
you did not answer my question. have you applied for your SP?

No, but this week I would in Abuja. Been getting my documents ready, I had to get not only a Nigerian police certificate, but also one from the state I lived in in the states and also one nationally from the FBI. Done and dusted and applying next week Monday live from Abuja. Two weeks to resumption, but I laugh at the devil and look adversity straight in the eyes. Looking forward to resuming this Septemeber and if not, in January. See you in Saskatoon.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 6:32am On Aug 24, 2017
oluswagger:
Good evening folks
I applied for SP for myself and WP for my wife on May 5th. I was admitted for PhD prog. Would our applications be treated separately or jointly. Has anyone done this before?
I terrible need answers pls. Am on week 15 though.
online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by tommee: 8:23am On Aug 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Haha, it's easy to see why they approved your PGD bro. You are a different brand of PGD not fitting the brand that wants to run away. For crying out loud, you have a valid USA and Uk visa bro. This one is a cake walk now. Congrats!!

I laugh at the thought of people when they speak about intending pgd students the bolded above is totally a wrong assumption you guyz need to research well about pdg/pgc programs it is usually targeted at guyz with work experience and its more industry relevant than an MBA. I am not taking away the the fact that the VO has guidelines in making their decision but i will say there is no different brand of PGD and i dont think the VO sees them as running away. I will say here if you are going for PGD please work more on convincing the VO on your purpose of visit even if your UG and the PGD course relates. Also make sure you have a very obvious and strong family tie and it shall end in praise.
Please note that i stand to be corrected this is just my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mightyola: 8:32am On Aug 24, 2017
smoothvee:

Yea exactly.. all am saying is that my friend that I applied befor him got his "admissible letter " before me so I'm just looking for someone that has winter 2018.. to know if they've gotten.. cos I uploaded uncertified transcript..instead of certified like they demanded. So I'm just making sure I've not been bounced. Mayb my friend got his "admissible letter stuff cos his program is for may 2018

Call their international office,the number is on the site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wilihelmsG: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2017
Good Morning friends, A big thanks to God Almighty my application of 14 weeks was approved on the 22/08/2017.

I also want to thank gurus on this forum(Austinpee, Mazuide, Canadian Nurse and a host of others). I came to this thread having zero Idea about Visa application as I have never done one before and by the grace of God, the application was a success.

PS: I'm sorry to just be notifying the house about the approval.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
wilihelmsG:
Good Morning friends, A big thanks to God Almighty my application of 14 weeks was approved on the 22/08/2017.

I also want to thank gurus on this forum(Austinpee, Mazuide, Canadian Nurse and a host of others). I came to this thread having zero Idea about Visa application as I have never done one before and by the grace of God, the application was a success.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
AfroHeathen:

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript

Admission letter from Seneca college (project management - information technology) (PGD)
Tuition invoice letter

I have dual citizenship with Nigeria and Ghana, but I used my Ghanaian passport because that's where all my travel history is.
Birth certificate
Passport
Sister's birth certificate, marriage certificate, change of name certificate and her passport biopage.

5000usd in Dom account
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
Land property worth 66m

I have a job now but I was unemployed when submitting ,I just put in unemployed on their form.

truth is alomo bitters incase of the myopic ones here. He has a 2.2 class of degree, hence the V.O in his/her discretion sees that a masters admission for him in Canada may be nearly impossible. 2ndly his travel history to those top countries is a plus, having gone and returned makes his intentions for study convincing to the V.O. No work experience depends on the duration he finished his UG/nysc and the time of application as I can envisage that he is still a very young applicant. Without SOP for such program, his travel histories and grace of almighty were a PLUS to his application having provided the necessary requirements. I no come to argue with una.. bye.

congrAts bro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2017
tommee:

I laugh at the thought of people when they speak about intending pgd students the bolded above is totally a wrong assumption you guyz need to research well about pdg/pgc programs it is usually targeted at guyz with work experience and its more industry relevant than an MBA. I am not taking away the the fact that the VO has guidelines in making their decision but i will say there is no different brand of PGD and i dont think the VO sees them as running away. I will say here if you are going for PGD please work more on convincing the VO on your purpose of visit even if your UG and the PGD course relates. Also make sure you have a very obvious and strong family tie and it shall end in praise.
Please note that i stand to be corrected this is just my opinion.

Not about to double down again on another PGD debate. But you stand to be corrected indeed because VOs indeed have a preconceived notion about intending PGD students. The ease on obtaining admission to some of these PGD programs does not compare with the intensity and scrutiny one has to undergo to get admission into a Master's/PHD program. In many, of not all of these PGD programs, you do not need to obtain a supervisor, write a thesis proposal and compete for a spot in the admission pool with applicants from all over the world. In many of these PGD programs, you need only fill out a form and you are good to be admitted. The ease makes it susceptible to been infiltrated by those who want to move to Canada under the guise of been students. That is why TRV is so difficult for PGD applicants in comparison to Masters/PHD students. But on the other side you are right, everyone has to work on convincing a VO and every case is different and some PGD students with genuine interests and qualifications are approved. But the level of approval is lower than that of Masters/PHD applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 8:55am On Aug 24, 2017
wilihelmsG:

Waoo. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. Please make your travelling arrangements as soon as possible. It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2017
Thank you osemigho. I actually chose this route to atleast know my fate due to the 50% guarantee of an approval once the medical mail is sent. Lol also to avoid wasting more money(it is the cheapskate in me at work lol) All I can do like you said is hope and have faith. Safe trip btw..
Osemigho:

That's why upfront medical is advisable. Let's be hopeful and prayerful.

Also, You can ask your program admin for the "last resumption date". It is usually different from what is written your admission letter. When I asked my program admin about it around June, she said Sepetember 24, while 05 is when classes start.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2017
Hey one quick question,

How did you get the property valuated to be worth 66M naira. Are there real estate valuators in Nigeria?

AfroHeathen:

Forms submitted:

All cic forms
Waec certificate
Nysc certificate
University transcript

Tuition invoice letter

Birth certificate
Passport

5000usd in Dom account
Fixed deposit of 5m
Shares of 7m
Land property worth 66m

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2017
House, how can i get property valuation certificate in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AfroHeathen: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2017
Ace2013:
Hey one quick question,

How did you get the property valuated to be worth 66M naira. Are there real estate valuators in Nigeria?

Hello,

Yes, I used an estate surveyor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the response. So the estate surveyor stamped and stated the price right? What is the cost implication, the surveyor charged certain percentage? How about where there are multiple properties, same could be done for all right?

Additionally, which bank did u deposit your funds in in canada, is it scotibank? Is it advisable as well as i am my sponsor in this case?
AfroHeathen:

Hello,

Yes, I used an estate surveyor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2017
maralina:
Hello guys,
Forgot to drop this yesterday
For those that their app Has taken much time
I sent an official letter to Cic on saturday,
Stating that my app has exceeded normal processing, and school is about to resume,
Asked them if they needed any document from me again, they should let me know as time is not by my side.
Sent it to them, and i was approved yesterday
I think you should do same too tho..
Thanks

Congrats man. Can you please share what you wrote. A friend wants to send them an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AfroHeathen: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2017
Ace2013:
Thanks for the response. So the estate surveyor stamped and stated the price right? What is the cost implication, the surveyor charged certain percentage? How about where there are multiple properties, same could be done for all right?

Additionally, which bank did u deposit your funds in in canada, is it scotibank? Is it advisable as well as i am my sponsor in this case?

It has the stamp and the estimated valuation on the survey. There might be additional costs apart from the surveyors fee, it depends on the location of the property, size, aesthetics etc. Yes, the same can be done for multiple properties.

No, my sponsors already have an account with BMO. If there's a way you can open an account with them from here and transfer the money then, that'll be great. Not sure about that though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

No, but this week I would in Abuja. Been getting my documents ready, I had to get not only a Nigerian police certificate, but also one from the state I lived in in the states and also one nationally from the FBI. Done and dusted and applying next week Monday live from Abuja. Two weeks to resumption, but I laugh at the devil and look adversity straight in the eyes. Looking forward to resuming this Septemeber and if not, in January. See you in Saskatoon.
OK. God will go ahead of your application. All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by atiteb4: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2017
wilihelmsG:

congrats kindly share your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Everyone has home ties if that is the case. Almost everyone has parents and sibling in Nigeria. In the case at hand, the guys' parents' more than sufficient financial heft, is the inducing factor. In contrast to others who have parents too in Nigeria and get denied.

Boss,

I no just understand you.

So, what do you want people that have only family as home ties do? Kill themselves? Not everyone's family has hefty funds, so what should they do? Manufacture one?

I keep saying this every application is treated uniquely. Home tie is a requirement not the whole requirement. I have seen cases with "perfect documentation including perfect home tie " denied visa.

You cannot submit what you dont have, that in itself will be misrepresentation.

I think you should stop instilling fear in the minds of those who have just family as home tie. That really aint helping.

They can only use what they have. It is as simple as that.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akandry: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2017
Good day bless people of this thread I'm new here and I really need help and guidance I am about to apply for Canada study permit as a self sponsor.
I presently work and also a partnership/shareholder to a fast growing company and also I run an online business too.

My account has got the required 26 - 30k CAD required by the University for a year sustenance and i'm also in possession of some assets (Land properties).

I will like to know if i can please get some input on some documents i might be needing to back up my application for a convincing self sponsor as i'm a bit worried applying as a self sponsor if its going to work.

Lastly, i've got some money coming into my account directly from the company's account. Will this be an advisable thing to to and if so, what should be the Reference/Remark for the money going into my account.

Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
Thanks a bunch,yes there is a way via scotibank but they do not have representative in Nigeria i believe. I am not in Nigeria tho, currently working right after uni (1 year and half) but i will be applying from Nigeria i.e online application because that's is where i have proof of my ties i.e my properties. Similar travel history as yours as well. I might be asking few other questions as time goes by if you really do not mind.
AfroHeathen:

It has the stamp and the estimated valuation on the survey. There might be additional costs apart from the surveyors fee, it depends on the location of the property, size, aesthetics etc. Yes, the same can be done for multiple properties.

No, my sponsors already have an account with BMO. If there's a way you can open an account with them from here and transfer the money then, that'll be great. Not sure about that though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2017
Ace2013:
Thanks a bunch,yes there is a way via scotibank but they do not have representative in Nigeria i believe. I am not in Nigeria tho, currently working right after uni (1 year and half) but i will be applying from Nigeria i.e online application because that's is where i have proof of my ties i.e my properties. Similar travel history as yours as well. Is it safe to apply as a self sponsor? I might be asking few other questions as time goes by if you really do not mind. Pro's on here your advise is needed!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.