Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,130 members, 7,880,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (851274 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olamsanj: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2017
Good day house. I have a question
Can someone who had been denied 4 times US student visa apply for Canada ? He hasn’t applied for any Canada visa before tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicanada: 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
SQADRI:
Can the Statement Of Account (SOA) of a sponsor to an applicant be used as financial statement for the applicant's spouse as well for their visa applications or the applicant has to show his financial statement separately to stand for his dependent (spouse)?

Some one please respond to this question ,I myself need the exact same response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nicanada:

Some one please respond to this question ,I myself need the exact same response

Yes sponsor's SOA can be used for both the applicant and his spouse as long as there is a tacit understanding in writing with proof of funds that the sponsor has agreed to sponsor both people.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicanada: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It will be extremely difficult except you have many years of working experience in the field.

If you have a 2.2 Asides many years of work experience ,what if the last two years of your result sum up to Give you a 2.1 say 3.94 as most of the canada schools say they consider the last 2 years of result.will they consider one for admission as international student ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nicanada:

Asides many years of work experience ,what if the last two years of your result sum up to Give you a 2.1 say 3.94 as most of the canada schools say they consider the last 2 years of result.will they consider one for admission as international student ?

Look for admission to schools who consider records in only the last two years. University of Saskatchewan does that. And other schools do so as well. They will consider you, but whether they give you admission is a different enquiry. Some schools account for work experience greatly, while others do not. You have to research them all. Thank God Canada has only few schools, so you can zero in into all of them. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
Olamsanj:
Good day house. I have a question
Can someone who had been denied 4 times US student visa apply for Canada ? He hasn’t applied for any Canada visa before tho

Absolutely you can apply with no fear. Just make sure you are honest and declare all denials of visa. The question on whether you have been denied visa to any country, is a credibility test. They put it there to see if they can trust every other thing you say. If you pass it, your chances for visa increase. 4 times denial for a USA visa does not affect your Canadian visa eligibility as long as you declare them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olamsanj: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Absolutely you can apply with no fear. Just make sure you are honest and declare all denials of visa. The question on whether you have been denied visa to any country, is a credibility test. They put it there to see if they can trust every other thing you say. If you pass it, your chances for visa increase. 4 times denial for a USA visa does not affect your Canadian visa eligibility as long as you declare them.
Okay, thanks so much bro. Pls which schools in Canada can be recommended for a masters / probably as an undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nicanada: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Look for admission to schools who consider records in only the last two years. University of Saskatchewan does that. And other schools do so as well. They will consider you, but whether they give you admission is a different enquiry. Some schools account for work experience greatly, while others do not. You have to research them all. Thank God Canada has only few schools, so you can zero in into all of them. Good luck!

Thanks brother.speaking of Saskatchewan ,can I get anyone to review my email and brief area of Research interest to potential supervisors as I have sent to two of them now in usask and no response yet.infact that why I was Asking
that question for clarification
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Olamsanj:

Okay, thanks so much bro. Pls which schools in Canada can be recommended for a masters / probably as an undergraduate

UNBC, USASK, YORK, TRENT, QUEENS. The last four have great scholarships for internationals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Nicanada:

Thanks brother.speaking of Saskatchewan ,can I get anyone to review my email and brief area of Research interest to potential supervisors as I have sent to two of them now in usask and no response yet.infact that why I was Asking
that question for clarification

You can find pointers at page 0 on research proposals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Olamsanj: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
jnyuwa02:

UNBC, USASK, YORK, TRENT, QUEENS.
Thanks so much. Please check your mail bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2017
Olamsanj:

Thanks so much. Please check your mail bro

I am not reviewing people's SOP anymore. But happy to help with genteral questions of they must be asked directly. Otherwise ask them here so many can benefit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 1:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sirtony5: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
Thanks for your reply.
Please I will like to know why they offered you BSc instead of the pgd? And are you planning to apply for visa with it?
bbclue:

Wao congratulations......Managing partner to be.....well i also hold an Hnd certificate in Accounting...n i apply yo uni.of Regina...for pgd....but instead i got an undergraduate offer for BSC .....business Administration.........just explain to them wat u v been doing from Waec to your Ican days and if am you....in your SOP writing u can tell the visa officer that A BSC holder is more promoted than an Hnd holder in nigeria my thought
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Josh121(m): 3:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
ophre:

Can we talk via email bro

Ask your questions and other people will also attend to it , this is a faceless forum no body knows you so don't be scared , feel free your questions may help someone else
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
ophre:

Can we talk via email bro

Please stop spamming this thread with this, ask your question here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ceolinks1: 4:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
pls sorry for asking this question bbclue, but its bodering me as i have checked and its just isnt clear.
since you already have admission from U of R, Whats their tuition fee for international students?
bbclue:

Just have faith...i am also the age as u...but i have Hnd in Accounting....so am applying with HND and uni regina gave me BSC in bizness Admin....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 4:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Good Evening all
I just got admission to Memorial University MEng Electrical Engineering.
I want to get on with things asap.
Please What is the Minimum amount one should have before applying for TRV.
Please I need your suggestions.thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by chuksdewigs(m): 4:51pm On Dec 24, 2017
This forum has really enlightened me. I made an application to algonquin college Ottawa for PG project management against fall (September) 2018. Expecting admission by January. Congratulations to all those that were successful. God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
AKUPSME:
Good Evening all

Congratulations. You must have or show proof for tuition for first year and living expenses for the first year (10k CAD). Also have your application fee which is around 55k naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

Guy u too like MUN no be small.

Hehe! I'm still an aspirant Sir!
I was trying to see how i may be of help to the fellow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
WEIRDPC:

Congratulations. You must have or show proof for tuition for first year and living expenses for the first year (10k CAD). Also have your application fee which is around 55k naira
Thanks
So after paying tuition like 4 million will fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
AKUPSME:

Thanks
So after paying tuition like 4 million will fly?

It's not compulsory you pay the tuition before you apply for your TRV. Paying isn't a bad idea though, if you can afford to pay. Just read up on your school refund policy before making the deposit. Just to be on the safe side.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Bright9412: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2017
AKUPSME:
Good Evening all

Have you gotten your offer letter? If not, wait for it to know if you will receive funding. MUN gives up to 16k CAD as funding for MEng Electrical Engineering.

The tuition is not up to 4 million naira, it’s about 1.1 million naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by reginabenson: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
AKUPSME:
Good Evening all I just got admission to Memorial University MEng Electrical Engineering. I want to get on with things asap. Please What is the Minimum amount one should have before applying for TRV. Please I need your suggestions.thanks
please when. did you apply??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
So, do you think I can get admission for MSc with 2:2 in Canada in admission to my UK MSc?

jnyuwa02:

You have a UK MSC? And you applying for a second masters? Why? A degree from outside Nigeria, in developed countries, helps tremendously in the admission process. Like having a degree from the USA in some Canadian schools, one gets many waivers, including no need to take GRE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by reginabenson: 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
Bkaylore:
I cn help how do u intend getting it?

please I wouldn't mind getting samples too. please kindly forward to my mail box odede_david@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bayocanny: 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
Adeish:
Hello everyone, My school requires me to write an Toefl exam but I can't financially, The application to be be able accept a full ride scholarship will be closed on Feb1 pls help me financially I need to write the Toefl exam to be offered an admission in the school I got an Full ride Scholarship from.Thanks embarassed embarassed embarassed
Bro, kindly raise fund and sit for that examination, all is well

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (501)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.