Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,071 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (865535 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
MrMarc:

This one tire me..
Wanted to insist on study leave with bond with an assumption that "what if the VO didn't read the SOP"

But then i saw the sponsorship aspect which u said stated that.

I think this becomes a case of individual difference. Another VO would have comfortably approved your app.

Apply Again...
I plan to defer till January, get d gcms note & tackle the area of insufficient fund, possibly get a co-sponsor & pay tuition fee. Hopefully it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
@glam444 u never hear say plenty underage they hear? I'm sure I'm the youngest here! Very sure of that! No drag am with me
grin grin grin
Me wey dey just born last week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
choky26:
This was the reason. For the refusal. Will have to restrategize n refire next month. January 3, 2018 no go pass me
@austinepee4 did you observe that travel history wasn't ticked alongside purpose of visit on this Refusal? What could this mean?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Berylstanz: 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
karoonaoc:

Yes I did

Please what was written in the mail? As I have waited and waited..what is the mail supposed to say in it?

Got approved since 22nd July
Got a mail it was dispatched 27th
Got another mail it was dispatched August 1st
Still got another mail today that it was dispatched August 1st..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Quick question. Those that got their police clearance in other states, what stamp is affixed to the document? Is it the Alagbon police office in Lagos or the stamp of their state police CID office? I am trying to figure out if these different state police headquarters all run their checks through Lagos.
they all send it to alagbon that's where interpol unit seats! Forensic department that's where they do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
MrMarc:

This app is better than alot that was approved..

Though can be improved.

1. I guess you are a lawyer by Undergrad.
Having a job back home isn't enough...Don't jst leave it at that as home tie...rather prove that you would return to ur job after school but how?? Study leave letter (If possible with bond)
2. I would still suggest you pay tuition
3. Have your living expenses in ur account with a letter of fund export.

Tho there's someone on this thread who got approved when his app isn't this tight. Yet don't take things for granted cos others got approval. Be very detailed in every aspect of your app.
on what grounds do you make this assumption?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:

grin grin
incoming pm... Please reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
incoming pm... Please reply
No p bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:
Quick question. Those that got their police clearance in other states, what stamp is affixed to the document? Is it the Alagbon police office in Lagos or the stamp of their state police CID office? I am trying to figure out if these different state police headquarters all run their checks through Lagos.
greetings. Presently I just collected one police character cert for a friend in Calgary. He did his finger prints in Calgary and scanned to them in Alagbon to generate. No matter where you are in the world as long as you need police character cert it will always be from Alagbon ikoyi.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
ogheneese07:
thank you, I just did but it shows you are offline.
I've been busy sir! Sorry for the late response

What's the matter sir?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
they all send it to alagbon that's where interpol unit seats! Forensic department that's where they do it

So the question is, do all police clearance certificate bear Alagbon police stamp? Cos I would rather have my police clearance certificate bear the stamp of my local police in my state.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

So the question is, do all police clearance certificate bear Alagbon police stamp? Cos I would rather have my police clearance certificate bear the stamp of my local police in my state.
I did my police report in imo state... I'll check tommorow to see If it bears alagbon stamp! But I'm sure it was generated from alagbon anybody can put stamp (not sure) but I'm very sure because they even told me in the police station that it must reach lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
For all of you that are looking for sample of letter of assurance and proof of fund export

Here you go! But make sure they ask you before you send! Some banks will not give you without seeing the request from CIC

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
I did my police report in imo state... I'll check tommorow to see If it bears alagbon stamp! But I'm sure it was generated from alagbon anybody can put stamp (not sure) but I'm very sure because they even told me in the police station that it must reach lagos

Please kindly check and get back to me ASAP, so I know definitively. How much does it cost over there in Imo?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

SAY NO TO TRV DENIALS...

I am pained, angered and frustrated each time i see a denied/delayed trv here on this thread. Not just because of the denial but the psychological effect of it and the bad record of being denied a visa.

Alot of people abandon there dreams after this denials.

No one here deserves trv denial at all especially for the wealth of experience acquired here on this thread.

This has to stop!

Most people here on this thread are more Knowledgeable than those agents who collects hundreds of thousands from applicants yet they themselves have never been granted any visa of sort and still end up putting applicants in unforseen mess.

This has to stop!

Alot of us here only here about people's trv app only when they have issues or have been denied/delayed. THIS IS WRONG

This has to stop!

MY SUGGESTIONS....
No one is being charged a fee here..why not we optimally utilise this opportunity and get our appovals?

Give us your trv app here on this thread 1 week before final submission let us make adjustments, recommendations and review before final submission. (Not just your SOP)

Let us be the v.o before the actual VO gets to see this apps.

Most trv apps are denied because of simple mistakes which if reviewed could have been avoided.

I am one person that loves seeing the end before i even commence the journey hence i would love to confirm my approval even before final submission of my applications.

I still insist that Canada trv app is one of the easiest there is our there!

In SUMMARY,
*Apply on time
**Give us a week to review and make recommendations
***Avoid agents or you participate 100% getting consent to every thing they write on your behalf.
*****Finally pray as if it all depends on prayer.

No more trv denials.

Enough is Enough.

SAY NO TO TRV DENIALS.

My name is MR. M and I just want to make common sense...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Please kindly check and get back to me ASAP, so I know definitively. How much does it cost over there in Imo?
lol they collected 20k but I found out when I go to lagos that it goes for as low as 3k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
on what grounds do you make this assumption?

1. He has a job
2. Paid his fees
3. Going for a related course to his bachelors
4.His father is sponsoring not a third party with relatively good amount of fund in SOA
5. He has a letter saying he is to return and take over family business where is is employed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
lol they collected 20k but I found out when I go to lagos that it goes for as low as 3k

As far you got your visa, you would recoup the money in Canada within a few seconds. They take that same amount too here in Jos. Please keep me posted ASAP what you find out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by wealth360: 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Alagbon is the only place they will do it. Don't be decieved bro. Your local state police will prepare through Alagbon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
wealth360:
Alagbon is the only place they will do it. Don't be decieved bro. Your local state police will prepare through Alagbon.

That has been established. Whose stamp will appear on the police report I am given at my local CID office? That of Alagbon or the stamp of my local CID?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
MrMarc:

1. He has a job
2. Paid his fees
3. Going for a related course to his bachelors
4.His father is sponsoring not a third party with relatively good amount of fund in SOA
5. He has a letter saying he is to return and take over family business where is is employed
he has a good application no doubt but on what grounds do you certify it better than another application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

As far you got your visa, you would recoup the money in Canada within a few seconds. They take that same amount too here in Jos. Please keep me posted ASAP what you find out.
no p
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

That has been established. Whose stamp will appear on the police report I am given at my local CID office? That of Alagbon or the stamp of my local CID?
infact let me check it out now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
infact let me check it out now

Ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
lonelyhrt:

what was the content of your sop what did you write to the Vo because to me that your graduate cgpa should get you admission for Pratical nursing diploma/Gerontological nursing if you have nursing experience.
Pls I av BSc Economics & and am working as a senior marketing officer in Federal government establishment & I applied 4 marketing research & Analytics in my Post graduate, does it considerable 4 my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
The stamp bears a code "LAG" so I guess it's alagbon stamp @jnyuwa02

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
The stamp bears a code "LAG" so I guess it's alagbon stamp @jnyuwa02

Thanks! I guess no indication whatsoever on the report of Imo state?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
CanadianNurse:
@austinepee4 did you observe that travel history wasn't ticked alongside purpose of visit on this Refusal? What could this mean?
Wow. Alot has happened in the last days o. Congrats to those approved and to those refused, you still have a good chance once you do all you need to to.

@CanadianNurse, that travel history thing often time na just jara and the VO can decide to tick it or leave it. it goes with purpose of visit which is always the elephant. Once 'purpose of visit' is tackled, e go dissapear.
Possible, this VO didn't see a need to give ambiguity to the refusal. Just ticked the main thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Thanks! I guess no indication whatsoever on the report of Imo state?
not any noticeable indication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CanadianNurse: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
Austinpee4:

Wow. Alot has happened in the last days o. Congrats to those approved and to those refused, you still have a good chance once you do all you need to to.

@CanadianNurse, that travel history thing often time na just jara and the VO can decide to tick it or leave it. it goes with purpose of visit which is always the elephant. Once 'purpose of visit' is tackled, e go dissapear.
Possible, this VO didn't see a need to give ambiguity to the refusal. Just ticked the main thing.
correct! Akpo aza!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Alantobie:
So guys I found out my application was rejected because I didn't pay tuition fees...that it was perfect until then. I basically covered home ties and every other issue apart from that. Anyways I have asked to defer my admission and will pay tuition fees. I heard it is an unwritten policy that you must have paid your school fees though it doesn't guarantee you the visa. Good luck guys

How did you find out?? GCMS note??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mbambah1: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hello guys, Pls can sm1explain this to me. Yesterday, I checked my cic Acc and saw a refusal letter. Today, I got a mail that my Acc was updated. When I checked I noticed the refusal has been removed and my eligibility now says "we are reviewing if you meet the eligibility" as against "we regret to inform you that u did not meet the eligibility....".
Am so confused right now. Sm1 pls advice. As the Vsf tracking says my passport is dispatched from GH to CVAC

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (501)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.