Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,846 members, 7,872,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. (54743 Views)

Top 4 Billionaires With Growing Fortunes Amidst Covid-19 / How Nnewi Became The Nigerian Town With Largest Millionaires Per Capita - TVC / Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multi-millionaires, 6,800 Millionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Konami94: 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
juman:
Incorrect data. There are more billionaires in dollars in lagos.

Likewise many other billionaires also in other parts of the country.

One can become billionaire within hours in africa.

Even some senior civil servants are billionaires in nigeria.
In dollars? Come man. Do you know how much $1b is? Even Ronaldo + Messi put together are not worth $1b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by juman(m): 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Konami94:

In dollars? Come man. Do you know how much $1b is? Even Ronaldo + Messi put together are not worth $1b

Those are working to get money.

I mean instant money. Money through corruption.

Something like 2 + 2 = 100,000,000,000.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Konami94: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Threebear:

Don't sound dumb please ,a person who has a billion in Nigeria is a billionaire in Nigeria. It doesn't matter what he is translated to dollars, the main thing is that he is a billionaire here and should be addressed as such. We often here billionaire blogger Linda ikeji, why isn't she on this list?
This is not a Nigerian list bro. So you want them to use our Naira to compare with people from South Africa or Egypt? In Nigeria, Linda might be addressed as a Billonaire (Which I believe it's wrong sef), however outside, Linda cannot be considered as such as she is not even worth up to $20m. Even dictionary meaning of Billonaire is $1b, otherwise, I could convert my Naira to some crappy currency like Zimbabwe and call myself a billionaire. People on this platform should be ready to learn and accept corrections, instead of arguing everything.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Booyakasha:

saw your mail.. sup?

sorry I don't mean to offend you but why didn't you reply if you saw it. no offence. I wanted your insights on some things

you're female right
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Booyakasha(f): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
Evaberry:

sorry I don't mean to offend you but why didn't you reply if you saw it. no offence. I wanted your insights on some things

you're female right
yup. how can i help?
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Konami94: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
juman:

Those are working to get money.

I mean instant money. Money through corruption.

Something like 2 + 2 = 100,000,000,000.
Even those that steal our money are not worth up to $1b. How much is Nigeria's budget that only 1 person would steal a billion dollars. Probably only during military rule like Abacha & IBB. The $2.1b arms deal money, was it not among the entire PDP politicians that the money was shared? It's not that easy for just 1 person to pack $1b, even as corrupt as our government is.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by juman(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Konami94:

Even those that steal our money are not worth up to $1b. How much is Nigeria's budget that only 1 person would steal a billion dollars. Probably only during military rule like Abacha & IBB. The $2.1b arms deal money, was it not among the entire PDP politicians that the money was shared? It's not that easy for just 1 person to pack $1b, even as corrupt as our government is.

Politicians are not as rich as some "others".
Because politicians steal money and spend a lot also to be popular.

But senior civil servant does not spend any money to anybody.
Number two the jumbo business peoples, the politicians and other people that steal money invest those money in their businesses.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Port Harcourt has several multimillionaires with zero billionaire. Anyone worth 700million Naira is a multimillionaire.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Konami94: 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2017
juman:

Politicians are not as rich as some "others".
Because politicians steal money and spend a lot also to be popular.

But senior civil servant does not spend any money to anybody.
Number two the jumbo business peoples, the politicians and other people that steal money invest those money in their businesses.
Yes that's very true. But I'm very sure there's no Civil servant in Nigeria that's is worth $500m, never mind a Billion dollars.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by GILOSKY(m): 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dis one loud gan ooooo
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2017
Looks inaccurate. Maybe it's a list of those that are actually paying tax lol
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Kizyte(m): 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
Bagehot:

I think they mean dollar billionaires.
Yeah, got it now.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Kizyte(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
bobogii2008:

Dollar billionaires o, not naira.
Hmmmm... I see...
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Threebear(m): 7:34am On Jul 28, 2017
hedonistic:

Was the survey carried out by a Nigerian? Is the context national or international? Why are you so insistent on advertising your ITK stupidity?

Don't quote me again with your blatant and recalcitrant idiocy.

Ignoramus.
When you get to your house, call your mother ignoramus. People like you are the reason why Africa can't be taken seriously. We have many billionaires in Lagos in our currency Naira. This list is stupid because someone is grading the number of billionaires in your country with their own currency, if you don't see anything wrong with this list then you are pathetic.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Threebear(m): 7:35am On Jul 28, 2017
Abagworo:
Port Harcourt has several multimillionaires with zero billionaire. Anyone worth 700million Naira is a multimillionaire.
Anyone worth 2 million naira is a multi millionaire .
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Threebear(m): 7:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Konami94:

This is not a Nigerian list bro. So you want them to use our Naira to compare with people from South Africa or Egypt? In Nigeria, Linda might be addressed as a Billonaire (Which I believe it's wrong sef), however outside, Linda cannot be considered as such as she is not even worth up to $20m. Even dictionary meaning of Billonaire is $1b, otherwise, I could convert my Naira to some crappy currency like Zimbabwe and call myself a billionaire. People on this platform should be ready to learn and accept corrections, instead of arguing everything.
Don't you see something wrong with this?
Someone is basing the number of billionaires in your country with their currency and you don't think it is wrong?
The last time I checked we used Naira as our currency, why should dollars be used as the unit of measurement in a country that uses Naira?
Did I hear you say a billionaire is someone who has billions in dollars?
Beg your village people to set you free.
So I take it someone who has billions in pounds, Euro etc in your estimation is not a billionaire.smh
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by mofewilkie(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Bloggers have misled us,

Where's Linda Ikeji?
Where's E-Money?
Where's HushPuppi?
Where's Davido?
Where's Oga Paulo?

Foolish bloggers think having a few flashy cars and a house on the Island makes you a billionaire.

Shame on bloggers!

lol, you misled yourself... Any smart person knows that they're just billionaires in naira.

International rankings make use of the USD .
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by mofewilkie(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2017
Threebear:

Someone is basing the number of billionaires in your country with their currency and you don't think it is wrong?
The last time I checked we used Naira as our currency, why should dollars be used as the unit of measurement in a country that uses Naira?
So I take it someone who has billions in pounds, Euro etc in your estimation is not a billionaire.smh

Bros, this post is not based on Nigeria.
it is based on Africa.
The most widely utilized currency in Africa and the world is the USD.
If you want NGN to gain more recognition let us first develop our country and grow our export sector. Then the naira will gain relevance.

Peace.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Konami94: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Threebear:

What has village people got to do with this discussion? A person with a billion pounds or euros is obviously a billionaire, those two currencies are even stronger than the dollar. And how many times would they tell you this is an international list? Educate yourself bro. If you are not okay with the list, go and compile your own and rank them all as billionaires. As if other countries wouldn't also have more billionaires, going by your ridiculous argument.

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Threebear(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
Konami94:

What has village people got to do with this discussion? A person with a billion pounds or euros is obviously a billionaire, those two currencies are even stronger than the dollar. And how many times would they tell you this is an international list? Educate yourself bro. If you are not okay with the list, go and compile your own and rank them all as billionaires. As if other countries wouldn't also have more billionaires, going by your ridiculous argument.

You are still are not making sense.
This list should have been tagged, list of people in Lagos that are billionaire in dollars, not list of billionaire in Lagos with a foreign currency.....that makes it wrong, because some people are billionaires in Naira but not billionaires in dollars, that still makes them billionaires in Lagos.... Because our currency is Naira.
I don't give a damn who or what computed the list, but this is a very wrong assertion and if you don't see anything wrong with this, then I can't waste time on you any longer.

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by Angel1696: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kizyte:
I'm disappointed, only 4 Billionaires in the whole of Lagos? When there are over 20 Billionaires in just Nnewi alone.
did you include those ill gotten wealth from drug trafficking and rituals.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by jpphilips(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2017
priceaction:
what have they benefitted us in the long run ( i mean the so called 4 billionaires)?
Dangote= monopoly
otedola= subsidy scam and alleged manipulations
Adenuga= robbing Peter to pay paul, poor network to rip us off
Alakija= that one? fashion parade.

remove oil business from them all, and see how they move fast towards bankrupt. Nigeria, as a whole, suppose to have thousands of billionaires, spread accross this nation, if to say, they fix major basic needs and infrastructures and encourage a level playing field for all. But here we are, someone will divert our oil billions, borrow money from banks without collaterals, and still be ranked successful billionaires and the likes? smh

Nigeria needs a level playing field for all, but here? transparency is a curse, so only a few rip us off.

That's the way the real world works, no economic level ground anywhere in the world!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by jpphilips(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2017
Threebear:

Don't sound dumb please ,a person who has a billion in Nigeria is a billionaire in Nigeria. It doesn't matter what he is translated to dollars, the main thing is that he is a billionaire here and should be addressed as such. We often here billionaire blogger Linda ikeji, why isn't she on this list?

Billionaires globally are rated in USD, how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by kwametut: 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2017
cheesy JOBURG CITY...OF GOLD grin grin grin

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by kwametut: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
cheesy grin grin grin
JOBURG CITY!!!!

Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by oyatz(m): 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
Why are you not among the billionaires?

priceaction:
what have they benefitted us in the long run ( i mean the so called 4 billionaires)?
Dangote= monopoly
otedola= subsidy scam and alleged manipulations
Adenuga= robbing Peter to pay paul, poor network to rip us off
Alakija= that one? fashion parade.

remove oil business from them all, and see how they move fast towards bankrupt. Nigeria, as a whole, suppose to have thousands of billionaires, spread accross this nation, if to say, they fix major basic needs and infrastructures and encourage a level playing field for all. But here we are, someone will divert our oil billions, borrow money from banks without collaterals, and still be ranked successful billionaires and the likes? smh

Nigeria needs a level playing field for all, but here? transparency is a curse, so only a few rip us off.
Re: Lagos Has 4 Billionaires, 360 Multimillionaires, 6,800 Millionaires. by DexterousOne(m): 12:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Kizyte:
I'm disappointed, only 4 Billionaires in the whole of Lagos? When there are over 20 Billionaires in just Nnewi alone.

Naira or USD billionaires?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Innocent Chukwuma Innoson's Wife, Masquerade, Others Welcome Him Back In Enugu / Newly Updated Price List Of DSTV And GOTV Packages And Available Channels. / Coca-cola Mini Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.