Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,733 members, 7,882,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Court Stops Probe Of Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Probe Of Fashola (3352 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 11, 2010
A Lagos High Court presided over by H. A. Abiru has granted an order of interim injunction "restraining the defendant (Lagos State House of Assembly) whether by themselves, agents, members, officers, privies or by whosoever from proceeding with or acting on the purported investigation of allegations of financial impropriety levelled against the executive and legislative arms of the Lagos Government , " Further hearing on the suit has been fixed for February 17.

The suit was filed by Human Rights Lawyer Bamidele Aturu, on behalf of Richard Akinola, a journalist, after a six man committee was set up by the Lagos State House of Assembly to probe allegations of corruption levelled against Raji Fashola, the Lagos State Governor; and the Lagos State House of Assembly. The planned probe was due to an advertorial published in the Punch Newspaper of January 28 by an unknown and unregistered group, "The true face of Lagos" accusing Mr. Fashola and the Lagos House of Assembly of corrupt activities

Source: www.Nigerianhome..com/2010/02/court-stops-probe-of-fashola.html

Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by redsun(m): 3:06am On Feb 11, 2010
Why?What is bad in probing and investigating the allegations of corruption?In as much as Fashola could be relatively ok in nigerian political scene,no amount of illegality is too small to be overlooked.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by redsun(m): 3:09am On Feb 11, 2010
The guiltless have nothing to fear,only the guilty are afraid.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by babapupa: 3:48am On Feb 11, 2010
So, every time anybody throw accusations at the governor, even without any kind of evidence, the legislatures must investigate the Governor? This is how you grind the wheel of government to a halt. Me sef fit go halla say Fashola don steal misappropriate money and the legislator must investigate.

Why not just task the state auditor general to audit the governors office and state funds then submit his/her full report to the full house.

Also, why is the legislature investigating the Governor sef? Is the legislature itself not part of the complaints?

Btw, what do we have courts and efcc?
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by naijatoday: 3:51am On Feb 11, 2010
Who is this Journalist? I agree that the house of assembly should be investigated too since they were accused of collecting bribe.

The people that made the accusations must come forward.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by redsun(m): 3:54am On Feb 11, 2010
There should be an independent committee set up to look into the matter.But nobody seems to be stainless in nigeria these days,from bishops to judges,to professors, to civil servants,they are all caught in the nemesis of greed and corruption.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by adconline(m): 4:17am On Feb 11, 2010
So, every time anybody throw accusations at the governor, even without any kind of evidence, the legislatures must investigate the Governor? This is how you grind the wheel of government to a halt. Me sef fit go halla say Fashola don steal misappropriate money and the legislator must investigate.

Why not just task the state auditor general to audit the governors office and state funds then submit his/her full report to the full house.

Also, why is the legislature investigating the Governor sef? Is the legislature itself not part of the complaints?

Btw, what do we have courts and efcc?

which kin state auditor general when he's an appointee of fashola. wetin happen to separation of power? can the house of assembly stop the court from issuing injuctions like this?
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by aloyemeka2: 4:25am On Feb 11, 2010
What is Fashola hiding?. Using the legal system to bully the voice of freedom will not get him anywhere. Let him go and ask Aondokaa how far.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by ayo84(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
hehehe, anyway, im with fashola all the way,probe or no probe
tinubu has the guts to launch a probe to witchhaunt fashola.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by damola1: 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yes , yes, we all know fashola chop money, He's afterall from the same political society that's bread the best of criminals,

But, he's done so very well, that his fraud level should be overlooked,

OK, ok, if we probe him, what are we trying to achieve?, to dent his image from becoming president of Nigeria, or to remove him from office, ?, so , who do we put there, ?, tell me pls,

Pls pls pls, Free him, make hin chop the money, as long as hin do the work, the remaining na story, if you have spent time at all in Nigeria, you will know, no body holy pass,
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by damola1: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
And even IF he's not chop money, they'll find a way to rope hin as 2011 comes around, KORO still dey eye that seat,

We should look out for the greater good, and that's what the likes of FASH stand for,
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by ib612(m): 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
, and who probe the LSHA?

They were both, governor and the house, accused of corruption.

The accusers have no face nor were they registered, then, i assume it's waste of time.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by mrrock: 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fashola have worked.

Somebody who work should eat. Abi no bi so?
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by idifu(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fashola is afraid of investigationsmiley
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by akigbemaru: 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fashola will come clean, Ojuyobo(Tinubu) should go and sit somewhere.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by idifu(m): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fashola hasn't done anything in Lagos ,no gov has done anything in Nigeria, i want you to mention one significant achievement of Fashola?

go round the city of Lagos and  point to one single significant achievement of Fashola.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by humantoy(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
What is wrong?The only gorvernor in the south west that we are all proud of is about to be rubbished.Cant the AC settle its differences in a better way?Im not for or against Tinubu or fashola.Im for good gorvenance which the AC seems to be providing comparatively.In as much as it is not wrong to investigate the gov if there are issues to be investigated,I think the party should be careful so that they dont just give the hawks the cahnce theyve been looking for.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by kufreabasi(m): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hatrers of good things has emanated. They are Tinubu's agent. take it or you leave it.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by illusion2: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
The fact is. . . in Nigeria once the political class wants you out. . they'll find any reason to do so.

So the purported investigation is political & any smart politician should try to survive no matter what.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by LAFOCUZY: 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
I am not condoning corruption and covertly implying that fashola should not be investigated but if all Nigerian politician and people in active governance were as "corrupt" as Fashola, Nigeria would have been amongst the 20 most developed countries in the world

My theory is that if Fashola is as corrupt as they may want to suggest, Lagos state would definitely not have as developed is today. I would rather he chopped money and developed a state than he carried all the money away to an overseas account somehow or leaving it in some huge state account for other terrible criminals to steal.

I wish he can be the governor of my sate for just 6 months. You don't know what you have until you lose it. Anybody in Nigeria can be framed up, afterall some people came up when the leaders of the Jews couldn't find anything to accuse Jesus Christ of and said we heard him say, LIES.

Anyway in all this we should careful and not allow some disgruntled wicked politician steer us away from what we should be doing
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by ojorajedid(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
@babapupa nice 1 but if d court decides 2 stop any proceedings (court is where law and order ar enforced) then u shd look up 2 God 4 fairness and justice
@ayo84 i believe fashola is d governor of d millenium but not withstanding if it becomes necessary 4 a probe it shd be
@mrrock i feel u jooooooooo
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by deb(m): 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
If we must probe Fashola then his predecessors especially Tinubu should be rotting in jail now.
For me, Fashola's administration is a clear indication that Tinubu just came to loot Lagos funds
Imagine how much money Lagos state makes per day and compare it to any "feasible" change you
observe during Tinubu and other past governors administration.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
nigeria and kangaroo courts.

The problem with Fashola is he's head and shoulders above the other non-performers and crooked officials in the country.  Since corruption, non-performance and mediocrity is the norm nowadays, they see him as a threat to their lack of performance and accountability.

As they say, the difference is just too clear. That's why they're trying to discourage him- they're being shown up.

Na the same way Joseph's brothers thought they'd gotten rid of him only for the man to later become sovereign over all the lands and dominions in their locality.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by ayettymama(f): 6:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
but its not really abt probing allegations

its abt paying attention to every silly little rumour ur opponents bring up!!!

imagine everytime someone accuses the gov of something they decide to waste valuable time on it

if there is no solid evidence brought forward by the accusers

i dont see why they should be taken seriously!

i still wanna no which monkey paid for the 2page spread gan sef!!
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
Its Nigeria.

Nollywood, gossip mags and human beings turning to cats and birds are the legally recognized constitution
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by udennaa: 6:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
redsun:

Why?What is bad in probing and investigating the allegations of corruption?In as much as Fashola could be relatively ok in nigerian political scene,no amount of illegality is too small to be overlooked.
aloy-emeka:

What is Fashola hiding?. Using the legal system to bully the voice of freedom will not get him anywhere. Let him go and ask Aondokaa how far.
gbam!
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
like i said before, go and query the governors of your home states.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
Let the probers get probed themselves and see who will survive it. LSHA no get real work to do
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by eaglegen: 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
let us stop all this nonsense, it will take us no where, if we continue with such act of discouraging people like Fashola, Rebadu we will not encourage others to come out to develop this nation, pls leave Mr Fashola alone.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by eaglegen: 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
let us stop all this nonsense, it will take us no where, if we continue with such act of discouraging people like Fashola, Rebadu we will not encourage others to come out to develop this nation, pls leave Mr Fashola alone.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
Fashola overstepped his boundary by achieving the impossible in Nigeria.

He showed yes, it can be done, and that Nigerian politics doesnt always have to be all talk and no action.

That kind of thing is a taboo back home. Of course the one million and one chop-and-wipe-mouth politrickians will get him for this. Aided and abetted by their baboon stooges of course.

Unfortunately, he was born in the wrong country- people like him tend to be white and from the west, not Africa undecided

not saying there are no crookish whites, but elected officials who actually want to do their job, in the west, dont get shouted down by the unsavoury characters.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by astuto: 10:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
tpia.:

Fashola overstepped his boundary by achieving the impossible in Nigeria.

He showed yes, it can be done, and that Nigerian politics doesnt always have to be all talk and no action.

That kind of thing is a taboo back home. Of course the one million and one chop-and-wipe-mouth politrickians will get him for this. Aided and abetted by their baboon stooges of course.

Unfortunately, he was born in the wrong country- people like him tend to be white and from the west, not Africa undecided

not saying there are no crookish whites, but elected officials who actually want to do their job, in the west, dont get shouted down by the unsavoury characters.

This is a precise summary of the situation at hand. I hope the Governor didn't engage in any corruption, but make no mistake about it, this probe is meant to detract from his actions and policies, and to discourage him. there is likely no honest motive behind this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join Campaign Against Return Of Ibb - 1 Million Posts Needed / Nigerians In The House Of Lords UK Parliament / Whats With This Biafra Shenanigans....see Nnamdi Kanu Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.