Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,361 members, 7,940,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Court Stops Probe Of Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Probe Of Fashola (3366 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And His Pretty Female Fan / Caption This Photo Of Fashola And Tinubu Staring At The Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by sulad82i(m): 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
In order for Nigeria to move forward like the western countries, enforcement of the law will be pertinent. Most of the judges, lawyers, police and other law enforcement people are the key ingredient to this matter. If their is an allegation, let it be said and investigated and of its just a rumor that can not be substantiated, then the plaintiff should be fined or punished in other ways deem fit for disrupting the normal course of state actions.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by chelseabmw(m): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2010
angry
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by jaso1(m): 12:24am On Feb 12, 2010
An increase volume of drum by the drumer yielded awful result to d drum. We all know what's happening and we are ingeneusly following it up, in as much Omoluwabi BRF SAN is alive he wl leave that post at God wish. Whatever gangaroo arangement been set up to disrupt God project wl not succeed in as mush Eledua exist. What u can't accept stop giving it to others. When Abacha claimed to know it all we witness d end of his movie therefore those dt claimed support 4 june 12 should not be seen wearing abacha shoes, they should folow an honourary rout, if one is eating what does not fit in to his system he should desist from it! We love Lagos and the almost lost ambiences of lagos hv stted regaining their ground due to Fash efficiency. Leave Eko alone and go back to ur state so that u can dubiusly manage chieftancy purchase wit money looted frm Lag pulse. God does not sleep and since u've started telng hm that he's nothng i wl be alive to see ur end.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 1:52am On Feb 12, 2010
let us all join hands together and move nigeria foward
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Pifa: 4:21am On Feb 12, 2010
babapupa:

So, every time anybody throw accusations at the governor, even without any kind of evidence, the legislatures must investigate the Governor? This is how you grind the wheel of government to a halt.

That's the issue, isn't it? It would invite paralysis if the governor had to answer to every charge made by shadowy groups who presented no evidence to support their allegations.

Besides, the court‘s restraining injunction is an indication that the plaintiff may have a case. The House is also accused of similar impropriety as the governor in this instance, so it would constitute a conflict of interest for them to investigate themselves. Such investigation would be tainted in the eyes of the law.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by bolanleodu: 2:02pm On Feb 12, 2010
Pifa:

That's the issue, isn't it? It would invite paralysis if the governor had to answer to every charge made by shadowy groups who presented no evidence to support their allegations.

Besides, the court‘s restraining injunction is an indication that the plaintiff may have a case. The House is also accused of similar impropriety as the governor in this instance, so it would constitute a conflict of interest for them to investigate themselves. Such investigation would be tainted in the eyes of the law.

Precisely the crux of the whole issue. I think any unfounded accusation from any shadow group should not be allowed to halt the wheels of progress. The court will not entertain such. The fact that the state house of assembly wants in investigate the executive upon the same charges with which they have also been accused is really a shame because one can clearly see its political undertone.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by metalgong5(m): 2:07pm On Feb 12, 2010
Fashola using the court to halt the investigation of his alleged crimes; call it guilty conscience of the highest order.
Fashola is not being honest with himself and he knows that.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by mirabell: 2:21pm On Feb 12, 2010
I just wonder why some people choose to close thier eyes to the developments of Fashola in Lagos. try and travel to other states then u will know wot am talking about.

Abey make una leave the man alone, na where person dey work nai e dey chop that's why oyibo man call am WORKSHOP.

LEAVE OUR FASHOLA ALONE
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by manny4life(m): 3:34pm On Feb 12, 2010
mirabell:

I just wonder why some people choose to close thier eyes to the developments of Fashola in Lagos. try and travel to other states then u will know wot am talking about.

Abey make una leave the man alone, na where person dey work nai e dey chop that's why oyibo man call am WORKSHOP.

LEAVE OUR FASHOLA ALONE

I don't think its all about the developments, to my understanding, probably something more than that. Besides, I thought a governor and his administration had immunity well in the exception of fraudulent activities.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Maxidoe(m): 3:42pm On Feb 12, 2010
I wonder what has happened to our value system and sense of reasoning.Am a Fashola fan and i appreciate what he is doing,but i would always say he can do much better, for crying out loud he has not carried out any white elephant project, yet because of the attitude our leaders, we want to condone illegality, if their is allegation against him, why not allow the investigation just to prove his innocence, this single act has given me a cause to doubt him and thus see him just like others.And for those of you comparing Lagos with other states, am sorry to say it is a lame and dumb comparison. Lagos state makes more than 10 times what other states generate from internally generated revenues, Lagos makes about 14 billion naira monthly from internally generated revenue, not to talk of federal allocation.My personal opinion is zero tolerance for corruption, i dont agree with any school of thoughts that say work with 30% and eat 70%, ah Fashola you fall hand
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by microgiant: 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
Maxidoe:

I wonder what has happened to our value system and sense of reasoning.

don't wonder see this and there are many of such posts.

mirabell:

That's why we can not move forward. is he not paid a salary at the end of each month?
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Maxidoe(m): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
microgiant:

don't wonder see this and there are many of such posts.

That's why we can not move forward. is he not paid a salary at the end of each month?

Abi oh,my brother please tell them, we are so blind to corruption,really we can never move forward with this kinda attitude.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
try and travel to other states then u will know wot am talking about

that is Nigeria and anti progress oh!

they prefer whining and actually blocking progress, to any other thing.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Ibrahimk1: 2:05am On Feb 13, 2010
Nigerian politics is a politics of opportunist benefactors rather than servicemen, have you forgotten the National cake syndrome, but nevertheless, even the non lagosians know that Fashola as matter of patent developmental projects executed so far, is one in a rare time the serviceman given by God despite the classical aristocratic democracy operated in Nigeria. My advice for him is that the killer of Fusho Williams is still at large so if Lagos political arena is no more favourable after this he should run for his life.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by microgiant: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2010
Ibrahim k.:

classical aristocratic democracy operated in Nigeria.

how can you use this expression to describe what obtains in Nigeria?  Aristocratic democracy is only practised by Britain where you have the House of Lords, you can only contest for a position if you are a lord no matter your qualification, popularity, etc.  Whereas in Nigeria even a motor park tout can become anything provided he has godfathers.  What we have is more of an elite franchise in which the elites decides who rules and who don't, in contrast to universal franchise, in which everybody is qualified to vote.  Qualification to vote is only on paper, not in reality because your votes don't count.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by RoadStar: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2010
I dont understand why a court would stop a house of assembly from investigating Fashola.
Naija sef !
What is he hiding (ie if he had gone to court himself)
Why shouldn't the house of assembly investigate anyone they so please to.
Is it not within their duties ?
Look at how some court judges mis-use their privileged after collecting bribe.

FASHOLA CAN AND SHOULD BE PROBED IF NEED BE !
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Princek12(m): 2:22am On Feb 14, 2010
RoadStar:

I dont understand why a court would stop a house of assembly from investigating Fashola.
Naija sef !
What is he hiding (ie if he had gone to court himself)
Why shouldn't the house of assembly investigate anyone they so please to.
Is it not within their duties ?
Look at how some court judges mis-use their privileged after collecting bribe.

FASHOLA CAN AND SHOULD BE PROBED IF NEED BE !

Can you read? The court did not order the House of Assembly to stop their investigation of Fashola; the House of Assembly is a defendant. The lawyer filed the suit on behalf of a journalist, which is likely the reason the court ordered the investigation to be stopped. I guess the House of Assembly set up a committee to investigate the alleged corruption levied against Fashola.

The court probably had reasonable grounds for its order.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 14, 2010
these journalists sha.

hmmm.

see why babangida didnt like them?
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by beeman80: 11:05am On Feb 15, 2010
Fashola is in every way a good indication of legality in its highest form as far as Nigeria is concerned.He stands for justice and legality.Here is a man who deserves every kudos,forgive me if u think I am sentimental but he deserves it and even more.We have not finished dealing with the Federal rogues who flaunt our nations loot in broad daylight but rather are quick to judge and castigate a man who has in every way performed excellently within the ranks of the state.Only if we could have more people like him in power then our nation would be the better for it.Detractors should back off and find something more tangible to do with their precious time.Eko o ni baje!
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by beeman80: 11:15am On Feb 15, 2010
Agreed that corruption should be kicked against in Nigeria. Why not start by crucifying the Federal rogues? Fashola should be allowed to carry on his good works.I bet that all you detractors wont do better if you were given half the chance to rule.Give this administration a break!
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by alldone(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2010
look it is evident that he is working so he should be spear.

i know a lot of people are not happy with what he is doing but it is paying the populace.
this guys are enemy of progress. they are afraid that he will be compare with asiwaju at the end of the day and you know the result.

8yr & 3yr you can fill the answer.

he should not be distracted.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by montelik(m): 7:31pm On Feb 15, 2010
Not that I don't believe that the Fashola administration has serious questions to answer as regards it use of the mammoth amounts it generates both internally and from the federal allocation I have said many times here that the Lagos state government is too wasteful, and the bureaucracy too large. But I think it is unfair to blame Fashola for the courts decision. After all if you read the article it states that it was not Fashola that brought the matter before the court requesting an injunction to stop the probe. It apparently was some one unrelated to him or his administration. So to say Fashola was behind this is a bit untrue as there is no evidence of his direct involvement in the high court's decision.
Re: Court Stops Probe Of Fashola by hotlips: 5:16am On Feb 16, 2010
Dont you all think there is more to the whole issue? Lagos Assembly wants to probe Fashola, eh? Okay, they should be allowed to probe him but first they must probe the ownership of Alpha Beta and why the government should continue to pay this so called tax consultant one billion naira every month, then they should probe the house members who have been accused of certificate forgery and those who inundate the commissioners with requests for contracts. They wouldnt dare!

It is all about second term and not pleasing the godfather with enough cash and control. We know the source of the noise behind the masquerade and we are closely watching,  angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibori’s Wife Jailed Five Years In Uk / Photos Of President Goodluck Jonathan's 54th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service. / Apc’ll Take Over Abia In 2015 –okorocha of imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.