Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,156 members, 7,884,011 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog (5419 Views)

Hire Me As Your Writer / Top 10 English Mistakes That Make You Look Stupid / Faithfully Unfaithful-A love story with tangles,mistakes and tears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by BiafranBushBoy: 7:09am On Aug 07, 2017
Mistakes killing your writer blog can be a hindrance to your success as a writer. I have gotten several emails from readers who wanted me to help review their writer blog and review the mistakes affecting it in a bid to attract more clients. I’ve also coached quite a few and made sure that their blog attracts the right kind of clients they need.

I have reviewed a good number of blogs; and from the common mistakes I noticed, I decided to put down this article. Remember, all these are many more Some of the reasons you might fail as a writer.

It is very obvious that you might never get a perfect blog. You don’t even need something perfect. However, making these terrible mistakes will completely frustrate your effort towards achieving many writers’ dream- Attracting clients.

Now, I’m a huge advocate of “not writing for passion”. I believe that every writer deserves the best from his skill, just like other professions. What are those mistakes that might be affecting your writer blog negatively? Let’s look at it in details.

No Indication of the Service You Offer

A couple of times when I get this invitation to help review a writer’s blog, I get to ask the question “What do you offer?” It is not enough putting “I am a writer” on your profile page and all of that.

Are you really a freelancer? Then why can’t you show people and readers of your writer blog how to hire you? You have to take a step further and create a compelling service page that forces potential clients to take action.

Being a freelancer is nothing to be ashamed of. I am also a freelancer, and I have made so much money writing for people that need my service.

Failing to Clarify Your Services

Another mistake that might be killing your writing blog is the issue of failing to outline in details, each of the service(s) you render.

The more service you include on your “Hire Me” page, the more confused a potential client becomes when he goes through it.

When you include the following services on your page

Content Writing

Web copywriting

SEO writing

Technical Writing

You have most likely established the difference between all of them in your mind. But in the eyes of a client, he is confused as to which he should hire you for.

Clearly explaining your services in details will go a long way in allowing a client make a fast choice. The result is most likely to favour you because you have made them know which of your services will solve their problems.

Not Affirming or Emphasizing the Need for Your Services

Not affirming or emphasizing the need for a potential client to hire you will go a long way to send you out of business. This mistake should be fixed as fast as possible.

Most potential clients are not fully convinced about the need for quality content for their business. Even those that are convinced aren’t sure why they should pay such good rate to the creator of such contents.

Including social proof in form of testimonials, case studies, reviews you have gotten from other clients who valued your service will go a long way to create credibility for you, while affirming the need for the services you offer.

This can be a little difficult for newbie freelance writers, especially when you haven’t gotten any major writing gig. Another way to bypass this obstacle is to use case studies about how quality and compelling write-ups can help increase sales, this will help drive home your point.

These studies might not be carried out by you or for you, but when used properly will help emphasize why any potential client should hire you.

You’re making it Difficult to Reach Out to You

Every hindrance you put in the way of a client that is meant to reach out to you is costing you a potential client.

Research has shown that reducing the number of fields that a potential client has to fill on the first visit to your blog, increases sales by over 70%.

When I write “Fields”, I mean irrelevant questions that a client would have to fill, just to get in touch with you. Do you really need the address/country/phone number of your potential clients on your first contact with them?

Unless it is of extreme importance, don’t ask for it – or it would cost you lots of clients.

This means that instead of getting theirs from them – they might not be willing to give it out. It is necessary that you have your Skype id, email address, and your business phone number boldly written on your writer blog – this will make it easier for potential clients to reach out to you with ease.

Now you know some possible mistakes affecting your writer blog negatively, what next?

Please like and share this article if you found it useful. For more recommendation, like my Facebook page By clicking here

4 Likes

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by BiafranBushBoy: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2017
Source: http://topwritersden.com/4-mistakes-killing-your-writer-blog/

Cc: Lalasticlala... The writing series continues

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by Lleigh(f): 6:28am On Aug 08, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Good info BBB
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by saydfact(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks for the note... everyone can take something from it.
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by swiz123(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2017
You don try biafranbushboy but your efforts Will b appreciated more if u updates memoir of a sex slave .
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by austonclint(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2017
Alright
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by Don27tiky(m): 7:05am On Aug 09, 2017
Here to read comments. ...........sitting and whistling
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by crunchyg: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2017
cool
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by crunchyg: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2017
What about writing the 4 mistakes you made for writing this nonsense post?
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by amaka2151: 7:32am On Aug 09, 2017
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by ehioziosa: 7:40am On Aug 09, 2017
Davido vomits blood on stage

The 30 billion Naira Omo Baba Olowo (OBO) hip hop star DAVIDO on Sunday vomited blood from his mouth while on a stage performance in Lagos.

According to fans and spectators during the event, OBO got a round of applause when he first appeared on stage but later got groans of disgust as the fans watched him vomit blood.

click the link below to read more

https://metweet.com/earn-money-on-metweet-its-easy/

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by KingLennon(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2017
ehioziosa:
Davido vomits blood on stage

The 30 billion Naira Omo Baba Olowo (OBO) hip hop star DAVIDO on Sunday vomited blood from his mouth while on a stage performance in Lagos.

According to fans and spectators during the event, OBO got a round of applause when he first appeared on stage but later got groans of disgust as the fans watched him vomit blood.

click the link below to read more

https://metweet.com/earn-money-on-metweet-its-easy/
Click what? Why u dey lie like this? Come and kneel down

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by donqx: 8:17am On Aug 09, 2017
really
Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by Interesting15: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Bro. Do you allow Yorubas and Hausas patronise your writing services?

1 Like

Re: 4 Mistakes Killing Your Writer Blog by BiafranBushBoy: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Interesting15:

Bro. Do you allow Yorubas and Hausas patronise your writing services?

lol. yes.

(1) (Reply)

English Expressions That Sound Odd To You / The Downfall Of A Man, Is Not The End Of His Life / What Book Impacted You The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.