Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,482 members, 7,898,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 05:31 AM

Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter (372 Views)

My Take On How Mbaka Disgraced Peter Obi: Alter Of Mbaka, Not Of God / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / 'Parish Priest Removed His Cassock & Hid At The Altar - Ozubulu Attack Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter by TheHerald: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2017
One of the survivors of the bloody attack carried out by gunmen yesterday at the St. Philips Catholic Church, Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra has narrated how the Parish Priest saved himself from being killed.

Recall that the gunmen had reportedly stormed the Anambra church early on Sunday morning and had killed several of the members and others left wounded.

Mr. Ohamadike Stephen, a survivor of Ozubulu Church attack while narrating his experience revealed that the Parish priest disrobed himself and hid at the alter.

While narrating what happened to Daily Sun correspondent, the survivor said: “We were in the church and I was to handle the second reading. As the first reading was still on, I heard a sound like a thunder. I dived under a long form in the church auditorium and from there raised up my head a bit and saw a young man with a fez cap shooting and people ran in all directions for safety in confusion.

image: https://i2.wp.com/www.herald.ng/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/mn1.png?resize=320%2C320

“I remained where I was and that was around 5:45am. The Parish Priest removed his cassock and hid at the altar while the gunmen continued in the shooting spree.”

“When they had left, I helped in evacuating the wounded and casualties to the NAUTH, Nnewi.”

The state governor, Willie Obiamo had responded to the distress call in person as he visited injured survivors at the hospital and offered to take care of their medical bills.

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/bloody-sunday-parish-priest-hid-alter/#51QqS7G5CyCIvMum.99
Re: Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter by Andal(m): 10:07am On Aug 07, 2017
Wow
Re: Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter by dipsa: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin
Re: Bloody Sunday: Survivor Narrates How Parish Priest Disrobed, Hid At The Alter by kevoh(m): 10:27am On Aug 07, 2017
If na me sef, I go comot my priestly robes and cassock. Who want die? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David oyedepo and the ungrateful woman. / Watching You / Question To Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.