Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,702 members, 7,911,927 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:56 PM

So: God Can Write - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So: God Can Write (985 Views)

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / PASTOR ORDERS FEMALE MEMBERS TO REMOVE UNDERWEAR SO GOD CAN ENTER THEIR BODIES / Is Jesus A Myth?is Allah A god? can yougo inTo Into Paganism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 3:12am On Feb 16, 2010
, and i'm talking about the christain god here. from the bible itself it had instances where god wrote. god wrote the ten commandments on tablets to give to moses n in another instances gods hands appeared on a wall where he wrote some warning message on the wall to some wicked king

so, my question is, if god can write(or not too big to write), why did he have to leave writing "his word" (the bible) to men when he could have easily did it himself to avoid all dat contradictions n probably turned more people to him? (remember how much he loves us and want us to follow his ways). so why not just magically write his infallible word himself to make it more believable n thus turn more to him? why leave the job for man when (from the two examples above) he could do it himself

god even had the chance to do dat when he came on earth as man(jesus) but chose not to write "his word" himself but chose to leave it for others to do it for him years after he passed away

he also left man to do the translation (from hebrew to other languages)which most christains claim is why it seemed contradictory to sinners n other christain sects who see things differently from them. so, why did god not just help wit the translation(since he evidently can write) to avoid all these confusion? but no, he had to leave the job to mere mortals to do dat for him, or was/is god not multi-lingual?

so, my questions to christains here is, why did god decide not to write (or even help translate) "his word" himself? why did he have to leave the job to man to do for him (same way he leaves the job of prooving or defending "his own" existence to men)when he evidently could write??
Re: So: God Can Write by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 16, 2010
When the people heard the thunder and the loud blast of the ram’s horn, and when they saw the flashes of lightning and the smoke billowing from the mountain, they stood at a distance, trembling with fear.

19 And they said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen. But don’t let God speak directly to us, or we will die!”

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exodus%2020&version=NLT

5 Suddenly, they saw the fingers of a human hand writing on the plaster wall of the king’s palace, near the lampstand. The king himself saw the hand as it wrote, and his face turned pale with fright. His knees knocked together in fear and his legs gave way beneath him

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Daniel+5&version=ASV

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=ASV
Re: So: God Can Write by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 16, 2010
I'm surprised to see people speaking against God Almighty.

Be careful of what you say about God to avoid the anger on you. When Miriam and Aaron Spoke against Moses I hope you remember what God did to Miriam, that was just a man now you are blaming God for not writing and translating the Holy Bible Himself and you were even bold to say the christian god remember that God is not a respecter of any man. Be warned
Re: So: God Can Write by jagunlabi(m): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2010
Lol! cheesy The allknowing and angry god.Who's anger should be avoided here?Is it your "god's" or yours?
Can an all-loving and all-knowing deity ever exhibit a low level emotion like anger?I know humans can and regularly do exhibit low level emotions like anger, jealousy, wrath, etc. etc.
Evang. Olu:

Be careful of what you say about God to avoid the anger on you. When Miriam and Aaron Spoke against Moses I hope you remember what God did to Miriam, that was just a man now you are blaming God for not writing and translating the Holy Bible Himself and you were even bold to say the christian god remember that God is not a respecter of any man. Be warned
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2010
Posted by: Evang. Olu 
Insert Quote

1. i am not blaming god, i am just asking a question i felt those with biblical know how could help answer

2. I refered to the "christain god" cos evidently from the fables told in their holy books by most religions, these gods are evidently not one and the same

3. now can you pls stick to the topic/question n help me answer the question instead of helping your god threaten fire n brimestone
Re: So: God Can Write by Joagbaje(m): 10:01am On Feb 17, 2010
Yeaah! God writes,He even wrote on walls!

Daniel 5:5
In the same hour came forth fingers of a man's hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaister of the wall of the king's palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.(6) Then the king's countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the joints of his loins were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

He even wrote in my heart! If you want to see his writing he will write in your heart too if you will recieve his love and his life through christ , he will write in your heart

Jeremiah 31:33
I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2 Cor. 3:2-3
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: , written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
Yeaah! God writes,He even wrote on walls!

yea, dat has already been established in my original post

so, (i repeat), since its established dat god can write. dont u find something wrong with the book u're quoting from above, refered to as "gods word" but was written by men, when evidently god can write? god was supposedly present during all the happenings in the bible so why leave the authorship to men who where not physically present wen a talkin snake was tempting eve or wen moses was chattin wit a burning bush?

u dont see anything wrong with the veracity of men who claim to have written the words of a god that can write
Re: So: God Can Write by mazaje(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
No god ever wrote anything any where in the bible, koran or any other religious text out there. Men wrote all those things and claim that it came from the god they created and was revealed to prophets and later to those who wrote it down and collected it (the editors). . . . . .Take away the supernatural claims and you're left with unknown people and the editors, either lying or deluded about these beings.

I take away the supernatural because I see no evidence of its existence. Humans said what's in the bible(Koran and other religious text), for their own reasons. "God said or God wrote" means nothing other than "I want you to believe" and until they produce a god to speak for itself, People should not be interested in "God said or God wrote" anything because they are all LIES that were formed by men.
Re: So: God Can Write by Iyineda(m): 11:56pm On Feb 17, 2010
Evang. Olu:

. . . Oh wow.

It is people like this Olu guy that discredit anything remotely meaningful religion has to offer. "Be warned". shocked shocked

Brrr. . . Did you guys feel the ominous breeze too?
Re: So: God Can Write by inedi: 7:55am On Feb 18, 2010
Mudley313:

so, (i repeat), since its established dat god can write. dont u find something wrong with the book u're quoting from above, refered to as "gods word" but was written by men, when evidently god can write? god was supposedly present during all the happenings in the bible so why leave the authorship to men who where not physically present wen a talkin snake was tempting eve or wen moses was chattin wit a burning bush?

u dont see anything wrong with the veracity of men who claim to have written the words of a god that can write

Foolish question, If God writes a book will you accept it? will you believe?
The one God wrote did you believe? Your DNA and all the organs of you bodies were written by God . If you dont accept his existence how will you belive any physical book he writes.

Psalm 139:16
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 8:08am On Feb 18, 2010
The one God wrote did you believe?  Your DNA and all the organs of  you bodies were written by God . If you dont accept his existence how will you belive any physical book he writes.

Foolish answer, or rather, still haven't answered the question to the thread topic, when god supposedly wrote the mosaic ten commandment laws, he wrote em himself in a tablet n handed em to moses, why then did god decide to leave the writing work of the bible to men who were not witness to the events, if he can do complicated stuff like "write" dna's n organs into my body(according to u), wats so hard then about writing simple words on a piece of paper or scroll or sumthin, ?
Re: So: God Can Write by mazaje(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2010
inedi:

The one God wrote did you believe? Your DNA and all the organs of you bodies were written by God . If you dont accept his existence how will you belive any physical book he writes.

More nonsense drivel. . . . .God wrote a book is nothing other than men saying that "I want you to believe my stories". . . . No god wrote anything any were, until you can produce a god and show that he wrote any book you should not expect any body to take your drivel seriously. . . . . Isnt it Funny that when men were ignorant, less creative and could only write on walls and stone that their god was also with them writing on stones with them. . .I will expect an all powerful god to write in the sky so that all of them could see even if they could not read, or even invent a better material on which his alleged words could be written on like paper and write on it, but no god was busy writing on stones and walls when men were with out papers. . . .So funny. . . . .
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 6:10pm On Feb 18, 2010
More nonsense drivel. . . . .God wrote a book is nothing other than men saying that "I want you to believe my stories". . . . No god wrote anything any were, until you can produce a god and show that he wrote any book you should not expect any body to take your drivel seriously. . . . . Isnt it Funny that when men were ignorant, less creative and could only write on walls and stone that their god was also with thjem wroting on stones with them. . .I will expect an all powerful god to write in the sky so that all of them could see even if they could not read, or even invent a better material on which his alleged words could be written on like paper and write on it but no god was busy writing on stone and walls when men were with out papers. . . .So funny. . . . .

well, it could just be dat worldly 21st century technology had not gotten to heaven then dats why the writing on stones n tablets by god, probably heavenly stone age
Re: So: God Can Write by mazaje(m): 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
Mudley313:

well, it could just be dat worldly 21st century technology had not gotten to heaven then dats why the writing on stones n tablets by god, probably heavenly stone age

Possibly. . . . .
Re: So: God Can Write by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2010
my question would be why cant God help mudley1123 sound less muddled

does this mean there's no God, since he obviously hasnt intervened in mudley123's situation?
Re: So: God Can Write by MyJoe: 1:48pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^ I thought tpia was female!  Could I be . . . shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2010
Posted by: tpia.
my question would be why cant God help mudley1123 sound less muddled

does this mean there's no God, since he obviously hasnt intervened in mudley123's situation?

can u pls stick to the topic n the topic question pls. why u dey vex?

no where in my post did i suggest there's no god. i just want to know the rational behind the claim that writings from a variety of ancient jewish men(which contains a bunch of jewish folklores passed down thru oral tradition n in which they ofcourse claim to be the chosen people of god; since they wrote it themselves,duh), how these writings now can now be termed the word of a god that in the same book is shown to be able to write himself
Re: So: God Can Write by ilosiwaju: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2010
Yes he can, he uses Longman publishers. grin
Seriously, all this moses, elijah, mohammed and other dem dem were serious control freaks. How else would they hang on to power if you're not scared of the authority they carry? How else would they be believed to have such authority if they dont scare people with GOD SAID THIS AND THAT, HELL, HEAVEN etc.
angry
Re: So: God Can Write by Mudley313: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2010
Yes he can, he uses Longman publishers.
Seriously, all this moses, elijah, mohammed and other dem dem were serious control freaks. How else would they hang on to power if you're not scared of the authority they carry? How else would they be believed to have such authority if they dont scare people with GOD SAID THIS AND THAT, HELL, HEAVEN etc.

funny enough the moses n elijah's of the old testament never knew/talked about any heaven or hell sef

, in the Old Testament we see no evidence of God saying to Israel, you follow me you will spend eternity with me in heaven and if you don't and are unfaithful you will spend eternity in hell. Hades and Hell aren't even mentioned in the Old Testament, na wah
Re: So: God Can Write by ilosiwaju: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2010
Heeeya, sad my main point was the concept of punishment and reward.
Get it sir?
grin
Re: So: God Can Write by mazaje(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
ilosiwaju:

Yes he can, he uses Longman publishers. grin
angry

If you want people to believe anything just use the word "God said" and you will have your way. . . . .So god can write but yet he allowed men to write and assemble his book eh? Interesting. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Who’s Servant Are You? / For Those Of You That Still Doubt The Existence Of Heaven And Hell! / Admission Into Word Of Hope Ministry Worldwide Bible College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.