Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,413 members, 7,891,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

Arrangee Marriage - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arrangee Marriage (8602 Views)

Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrangee Marriage by netotse(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
na wa o. . .see nigerians openly advocating illegal ish, then when ppl start insulting us we'll be complaining. . .

@manmustwac
i'm reporting this thread, not cos i hv anything against you, but cos i think it'll be sending the wrong idea about nigerians in general. besides who knows if ECO's are monitoring NL sef. . .
Re: Arrangee Marriage by july123(m): 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

na wa o. . .see nigerians openly advocating illegal ish, then when ppl start insulting us we'll be complaining. . .

@manmustwac
i'm reporting this thread, not cos i hv anything against you, but cos i think it'll be sending the wrong idea about nigerians in general. besides who knows if ECO's are monitoring NL sef. . .
Word.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by july123(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
A good friend of mine who's a student {here in the U K} she's been studying here for two years now. Her visa expires end of this month. She hasn't got enough money to pay her school fees and to add to that problem from the 5th of March she's only allowed to work for 10 hours instead of 20. So she's begging me to help her do arrangee marriage so that she can get out of her predicament. She says that since am a british citizen we can do the marriage and divorce after only six months. Is that true? because i told her that i'm planning on getting married later this year and i don't want this to affect my plans.
Advertising arrangee marriage in public forum.na waaaaaa.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by JeSoul(f): 9:45pm On Feb 17, 2010
oyewolejos:

UK sucks. From 20 hours to 10 hours and u have to travel to Nigeria to get married as so they can deny the visa right?They must be kidding. Long Live USA.No wonder there are loads of Nigerians coming from UK to US because of the strict system.Yankee is Land of the free.If you are illegal and u are not into crime then u can live here as long as u like because major cities here are santuary cities which is illegal for police to ask for your immigration status unlike in UK where i learnt UKBA come and pick u at home for deportation.Here u don't have to return to Naija to get married.After the marriage when u file in your petition they give u Work permit to work pending the time they approve your papers.They would call u for interview after some months and if successful they give u the conditional green card which after 2 years u are still married they would give u 10 years Permanent greencard and a year after that u can file for citizenship.So the marriage would only last for 2 years.
If your friend has the means she can come to America and get her papers.She would only transfer her credits to a college here.It is easier for girls to get papers than for a guy.Also, she can easily get a visa from UK than from Naija.If she want to go to Naija for the marriage she's on a Long Thing cos they would definitely refuse her and she won't be able to return.
Why must Nigerians continue to waste their time in UK especially the illegals.Come yankee and see things for youyrself.
justwise:

@oyewolejos

I don't know much about America system but i'm sure somebody here is going to challenge you in some of the claims u made here about America and how easy its for illegals there.
Lol, reporting for duty Justwise!

oyewolejos:
If you are illegal and u are not into crime then u can live here as long as u like because major cities here are santuary cities which is illegal for police to ask for your immigration status unlike in UK where i learnt UKBA come and pick u at home for deportation.
   It is true many major cities have adopted the "sanctuary city" policy in which city employees are instructed NOT to report to the authorities if a person is illegal. This way illegal aliens get to enjoy city services that citizens and permanent residents have. Exhibit A: California I think has the largest amount of sanctuary cities - one of the reasons they are now bankrupt carrying the weight of illegal aliens who don't pay taxes or contribute to the system but simply take. Another issue anyways . . .

Here u don't have to return to Naija to get married.After the marriage when u file in your petition they give u Work permit to work pending the time they approve your papers.They would call u for interview after some months and if successful they give u the conditional green card which after 2 years u are still married they would give u 10 years Permanent greencard and a year after that u can file for citizenship.So the marriage would only last for 2 years.
  Slow down . . . lol. 1st, if you entered the country illegally in the first place, then all the above goes out the window. You'll have to leave and apply from outside (this is part of what the whole "Amnesty for illegals" was about). Also if you're already in "Removal Proceedings" (aka deportation proceedings) your case goes before a jugde not just an immigration official - BIG difference. You'll have to hire a lawyer and the whole shebang. Secondly, it is definitely NOT automatic you get a work permit. What most people do is work with someone else's papers while waiting for their own to go through. I personally haven't seen or known anyone who got a work permit while waiting for their green card esp if they already had expired visas. Of course they can always work under-the-table as many do. Thirdly, the interview process is not a cakewalk as many people think. Immigration officials are getting wiser by the day, and are getting more proficient in being able to pick out pretenders from genuinely married people. This is my experience from Massachusetts though, I dunno how different/similar/easier/harder it is in other states.

If your friend has the means she can come to America and get her papers.
You make it sound like its so easy! lol If I count for you how many people I've seen suffering for years without any luck. One I know of has been here 17yrs! he has tried a few times yet one thing or the other pops up.

She would only transfer her credits to a college here. It is easier for girls to get papers than for a guy. Also, she can easily get a visa from UK than from Naija.If she want to go to Naija for the marriage she's on a Long Thing cos they would definitely refuse her and she won't be able to return.
Why must Nigerians continue to waste their time in UK especially the illegals.Come yankee and see things for youyrself.
You forgot to mention how much it costs for these "marriages". Easily $10,000 in few cases I've heard of. Not to mention the regular pay-ups in order to keep them in the "marriage" and show up for immigration interviews.

My advice? Manmuswack, as much as you care for your friend, don't do it. Encourage her to seek other alternatives as this will leave a huge impact on you during and long after its done. Help her out in any other way you can but not like this.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
@JeSoul

Thanks for clearing that up, i knew those claims were way out of place
Re: Arrangee Marriage by fifi09(f): 12:11am On Feb 18, 2010
heryyy:

Yes she knows about it and i am not hiding anything from her,she knows i am doing this to secure our future,we are still both young,i am 25yrs and she is 21,its all about understanding

And most important "Communication". Good luck!
Re: Arrangee Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 12:15am On Feb 18, 2010
july123:

Word.
before i say anything try check this http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/persons-in-us.html. You raised more issues for yourself.
Firstly you said u don't know where they issue Employment Authorization Document to people awaiting the outcome of their petition. This from is called 1-765 Application for employment authorization. This can be filed with your Petition when you submit your application.  After 2 or 3 weeks they would send you the Employment Authorization which u can use to apply for Social Security Card which would enable you to work. Even if your Visa has expired so far you enter this country legally and was admitted u can file for green card. The bottom line is if u enter illegally whether through another person passport or cross the border then u can never never file but if your visa has expired more than a decade ago u can file. Don't confuse people here. Your knowledge on this issue might be limited due to the fact that the people u know entered illegally.U said it cost $10,000.U miss it totally.If u know your game very well the most would be $5,000.On the interview, it can be difficult sometimes especially when the couple are from different race but is not rocket science.U might be lucky to be asked just a single question but sometimes u might be drilled for a long time. Most people here always think getting a Green Card is freaking difficult so they are handicapped due to the fear of the unknown. Next time don't know here and tell us half truth come with facts to back your claims up.
I rest my case.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 12:18am On Feb 18, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol, reporting for duty Justwise!

It is true many major cities have adopted the "sanctuary city" policy in which city employees are instructed NOT to report to the authorities if a person is illegal. This way illegal aliens get to enjoy city services that citizens and permanent residents have. Exhibit A: California I think has the largest amount of sanctuary cities - one of the reasons they are now bankrupt carrying the weight of illegal aliens who don't pay taxes or contribute to the system but simply take. Another issue anyways . . .
  Slow down . . . lol. 1st, if you entered the country illegally in the first place, then all the above goes out the window. You'll have to leave and apply from outside (this is part of what the whole "Amnesty for illegals" was about). Also if you're already in "Removal Proceedings" (aka deportation proceedings) your case goes before a jugde not just an immigration official - BIG difference. You'll have to hire a lawyer and the whole shebang. Secondly, it is definitely NOT automatic you get a work permit. What most people do is work with someone else's papers while waiting for their own to go through. I personally haven't seen or known anyone who got a work permit while waiting for their green card esp if they already had expired visas. Of course they can always work under-the-table as many do. Thirdly, the interview process is not a cakewalk as many people think. Immigration officials are getting wiser by the day, and are getting more proficient in being able to pick out pretenders from genuinely married people. This is my experience from Massachusetts though, I dunno how different/similar/easier/harder it is in other states.
You make it sound like its so easy! lol If I count for you how many people I've seen suffering for years without any luck. One I know of has been here 17yrs! he has tried a few times yet one thing or the other pops up.
You forgot to mention how much it costs for these "marriages". Easily $10,000 in few cases I've heard of. Not to mention the regular pay-ups in order to keep them in the "marriage" and show up for immigration interviews.

My advice? Manmuswack, as much as you care for your friend, don't do it. Encourage her to seek other alternatives as this will leave a huge impact on you during and long after its done. Help her out in any other way you can but not like this.
The above is for u.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by skfa1: 12:28am On Feb 18, 2010
Na wa o, make God help us make Nigeria better
Re: Arrangee Marriage by gongoaso1: 2:30am On Feb 18, 2010
justwise:

@JeSoul

Thanks for clearing that up, i knew those claims were way out of place

nah, she dint clear it up, she more or less buoyed up the claims.
and in no way are the claims out of place.
truth be told, though risky a bit, that's the ways things are literally in the US if u wanna go down that path.
though not exactly in black and white if u grab
wink
Re: Arrangee Marriage by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 18, 2010
justwise:

@oyewolejos

I don't know much about America system but i'm sure somebody here is going to challenge you in some of the claims u made here about America and how easy its for illegals there.

its actually relatively easy like he pointed out. At least compared to other ways of getting legal stay, save for the lottery thingy.

Thats why green card marriages are so common. And the man usually stays only till he gets his papers.

However, people are beginning to wise up to these issues and get cranky about them.

Not sure if the US can follow Britain's example since its not only Africans/Nigerians engaging in such unions. Every nationality does it.

see am undecided:

oyewolejos:

They would call u for interview after some months and if successful they give u the conditional green card which after 2 years u are still married they would give u 10 years Permanent greencard and a year after that u can file for citizenship.So the marriage would only last for 2 years.

Re: Arrangee Marriage by gongoaso1: 5:43am On Feb 18, 2010
netotse:

@manmustwac

and what is illegal about getting married and staying back in your spouse's country     
since the law permits that, what is the illegal 'ish' being advocated 
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 7:38am On Feb 18, 2010
tpia.:

its actually relatively easy like he pointed out. At least compared to other ways of getting legal stay, save for the lottery thingy.
Thats why green card marriages are so common. And the man usually stays only till he gets his papers.

However, people are beginning to wise up to these issues and get cranky about them.
Not sure if the US can follow Britain's example since its not only Africans/Nigerians engaging in such unions. Every nationality does it.

see am undecided:
Ok, i never knew, all along i thought USA is harder and more complicated than the UK. Thanks for the insight
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2010
gongo aso:

nah, she dint clear it up, she more or less buoyed up the claims.
and in no way are the claims out of place.
truth be told, though risky a bit, that's the ways things are literally in the US if u wanna go down that path.
though not exactly in black and white[b] if u grab[/b] wink

Yup, i grap that. That shows how Uk and USA treat immigrants differently, the gap is even wider.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by netotse(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2010
gongo aso:

and what is illegal about getting married and staying back in your spouse's country     
since the law permits that, what is the illegal 'ish' being advocated 

so you happen not too notice the people advocating bigamy and 'arrangee' marriage on the thread?. . .nıgga please!
Re: Arrangee Marriage by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 18, 2010
justwise:

Ok, i never knew, all along i thought USA is harder and more complicated than the UK. Thanks for the insight

no prob.

i think the UK used to be the same way (ie easier) immigration-wise but things changed due to the influx of immigrants and economic concerns/rising nationalistic feeling.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by gongoaso1: 9:17am On Feb 18, 2010
netotse:

so you happen not too notice the people advocating bigamy and 'arrangee' marriage on the thread?. . .nıgga please!

To the best of my knowledge and of cos general knowledge, while bigamy is mostly illegal in many countries, 'arrangee' is in no way illegal.
A marriage is a marriage.
or what dyo call the 'arrangee' marriage being practiced in some rural parts of Nigeria  whereby a 'village girl' is arranged for the 'town man'

as for the bigamy dude, what you are contemplating is outright illegal.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by MrCrackles(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2010
Topic. . .

Not good. . . .
ManMUSTwank, dont do it. . .
Re: Arrangee Marriage by juzme: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2010
Arranged marriage or call it marriage of convenience is not by any means legal. It does not matter where or when. Even in Pakistan that some people practiced arranged marriage you understand that the girl is not happy for the marriage. the Marriage is forced and is being done out of the girl's wish.
If we speak about Marriage to EU citizen, their law is totally against any Marriage of convenience or arranged marriage or forced marriage.
This is where the immigration officers are facing problem even though the law is against marriage of convenience there are no proper way to check this or prevent it from happening. Because once a marriage is done it may be difficult to deny the person visa as the law stated that you only need your marriage certificate and your passport to apply for visa and not more.
However UK and Ireland are adopting some measures to prevent that, such as provision of relationship history by the partners. And I think this is where the two guys that wanted to do the arranged marriage may have problem. Because in most case you need to show that both of you have been together for a durable period of time. the only exception are when both of you have a child together. In this case you can be together for a period of just 1 year and you wont have problem because the evidence will be there.
Of course, I agree that some or should I say most marriages are for a purpose. e.g wealth, immigration purpose, fame, beauty, family relationship etc. But with this you must still show that you are in love.
For the case of the two guys it is a clear case of marriage of convenience. the other guy that have a wife and child back home. Why not just get your degree and search for job then you can be legal in UK or even go back home and find job. Marriage is not the only means of being legal in a country. I am sure there some Nigerians in UK who live legal without being married to UK citizen.
For the girl that her visa has already expired, you have two options, one is to go back home and apply for another visa, explain to the visa officer why you overstay maybe he will understand and issue you visa. the other choice is to seek for asylum either in UK or another EU country but this option is very difficult to achieve any success because some parts Nigeria is believed to be safe to live.
Good Luck!
Re: Arrangee Marriage by JeSoul(f): 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2010
tpia.:

Yeah Justwise, I think Tpia captured it right, it is "relatively" easy when compared to other countries. But by no means does it mean its as easy as our brother was implying.

People are arrested for "marriage fraud" all the time, it seems almost yearly a story comes out of naija central in Houston. It is far from a cakewalk, stamp guarantee. People should not be misled that it is.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2010
JeSoul:

Yeah Justwise, I think Tpia captured it right, it is "relatively" easy when compared to other countries. But by no means does it mean its as easy as our brother was implying.

People are arrested for "marriage fraud" all the time, it seems almost yearly a story comes out of naija central in Houston. It is far from a cakewalk, stamp guarantee. People should not be misled that it is.

I see the point both of u (u and Tpia) are trying to make, Uk is harder to be honest and USA is not like TakeWay thing
Re: Arrangee Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 6:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
JeSoul:

Why do u keep changing your goal post?Firstly u said there is no where employment authorization is granted to people awaiting the outcome of their Green Card application but i replied u on a point of law. Secondly u said if your visa has expired u can never file for Green Card but i discredit your statement with a proof.To save u from shame u now said is not easy as i implied. If things are hard for u doesn't mean it can be hard for someone else.It all rest on mother luck and your spouse. Visa interview at the Embassy in Nigeria is not easy but people still get their visa without any issues.
Is only a fool that will doubt a proof.
Try as much as possible to stand on your ground.I do give a flying kick at people that cannot stand by their words.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by JeSoul(f): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2010
oyewolejos:

Why do u keep changing your goal post?Firstly u said there is no where employment authorization is granted to people awaiting the outcome of their Green Card application but i replied u on a point of law. Secondly u said if your visa has expired u can never file for Green Card but i discredit your statement with a proof.To save u from shame u now said is not easy as i implied. If things are hard for u doesn't mean it can be hard for someone else.It all rest on mother luck and your spouse. Visa interview at the Embassy in Nigeria is not easy but people still get their visa without any issues.
Is only a fool that will doubt a proof.
Try as much as possible to stand on your ground.I do give a flying kick at people that cannot stand by their words.
Lol what are you talking about? I haven't changed a single thing I said. Tpia clarified by saying it was relatively easier compared to other countries and I agree BUT it is NOT as easy as you claim.

To your credit I just actually saw your response here:
oyewolejos:

before i say anything try check this http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/familybasedimmigration/persons-in-us.html. You raised more issues for yourself.
Firstly you said u don't know where they issue Employment Authorization Document to people awaiting the outcome of their petition. This from is called 1-765 Application for employment authorization. This can be filed with your Petition when you submit your application.  After 2 or 3 weeks they would send you the Employment Authorization which u can use to apply for Social Security Card which would enable you to work. Even if your Visa has expired so far you enter this country legally and was admitted u can file for green card.
  Good, I'm glad you posted this info. Now it is not as "automatic" as you first said is it? This is what you said
After the marriage when u file in your petition[b] they give u Work permit to work [/b] pending the time they approve your papers
Honestly I did not know you could apply to work if your visa had already expired. So I was wrong and you were right.

The bottom line is if u enter illegally whether through another person passport or cross the border then u can never never file but if your visa has expired more than a decade ago u can file.
Isn't that what I said?
1st, if you entered the country illegally in the first place, then all the above goes out the window. You'll have to leave and apply from outside

Don't confuse people here. Your knowledge on this issue might be limited due to the fact that the people u know entered illegally.[b] U said it cost $10,000.U miss it totally.If u know your game very well the most would be $5,000.[/b]On the interview, it can be difficult sometimes especially when the couple are from different race but is not rocket science.U might be lucky to be asked just a single question but sometimes u might be drilled for a long time. Most people here always think getting a Green Card is freaking difficult so they are handicapped due to the fear of the unknown. Next time don't know here and tell us half truth come with facts to back your claims up.
I rest my case.
Perhaps in "heavy immigrant" states the going rate is cheaper, but up here it isn't. One of my friends paid more than $10,000 in total. I'm glad you also mentioned the interview. Yes you can be lucky to get a nice agent who only asks a few questions, other times you won't be so lucky. Just last month, another friend's uncle and his "wife" got caught and he has now been given 2 months to leave the country.

Getting "papers" in the US is not a cakewalk as you originally asserted.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by JeSoul(f): 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
I went to find this story I came across last month involving a nigerian. People be careful with the whole green card thing. Try your best to do things the right way. It certainly wasn't "automatic" for this guy.

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/rls/135358.htm

Re: Arrangee Marriage by JeSoul(f): 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
One last thing:
Perhaps the most easily detectable type of marriage fraud is when a fee — typically between $5,000 and $10,000 — is paid to the American to marry a foreign national who wishes to live in the United States or already does, but needs to regulate his or her legal status. An officer with experience in an Andean country in South America told me that the going rate for a bogus marriage there is $5,000, while officers with experience in the Pacific Rim report that many intending immigrants will pay up to $20,000 to marry an American. There are undoubtedly some “fixers” able to find plausible American spouses for foreigners willing to pay cash, but it often is difficult for the fixers to make believable matches between foreigners willing to pay and Americans desperate enough for cash that they’ll sell their hand in marriage.

http://www.cis.org/marriagefraud

oyewolejos, I guess your $5000 was on point and so was my $10,000.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 9:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
manmustwac,are you out of your mind?
don't you know what you're just about to do is a crime punishable by law
and you have the impetus to voice it out online?
jehovah shammah!!
na so Naija criminality don dey sotay people go sidon dey discus their 419 plans in an open forum.
Udinekeudi!
Go and help her rob a bank too,she needs pound sterlings
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2010
Thank God there are a few reasonable persons here who have already denounced this
Tufiakwa!!
and when someone says the average Nigerian is a criminal,you people want to behead the person
Re: Arrangee Marriage by suxes2005(m): 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
othsisi,

is it a crime for him to come online and ask
such question and moreover he believed we r
Nigerians and we can give him gud advice.

So dnt kill him online. OK?

Anyways, I fink in Usa u can av ur way as
i heard d place is big and its land of the free
so far u dnt commit any illegal stuff,

Wherever u r on dis planet earth,
know dat u can always av ur way as fings dat
is hard for some1 else might be easier for you
to get

SHALOM
Re: Arrangee Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 12:32am On Feb 19, 2010
suxes2005:

othsisi,

is it a crime for him to come online and ask
such question and moreover he believed we r
Nigerians and we can give him gud advice.

So dnt kill him online. OK?

Anyways, I fink in Usa u can av your way as
i heard d place is big and its land of the free
so far u dnt commit any illegal stuff,

Wherever u r on dis planet earth,
know dat u can always av your way as fings dat
is hard for some1 else might be easier for you
to get

SHALOM
Abeg help me ask them o
0hsisi:

manmustwac,are you out of your mind?
don't you know what you're just about to do is a crime punishable by law
and you have the impetus to voice it out online?
jehovah shammah!!
na so Naija criminality don dey sotay people go sidon dey discus their 419 plans in an open forum.
Udinekeudi!
Go and help her rob a bank too,she needs pound sterlings
Let us stop this HOLY THAN THOU attitude.It is an open secret that immigrants use sham marriages to get thier residency permit all over the world.It is not peculiar to Nigerians alone.]This is the mystery Immigration Authorities all over the world are trying to unravel. Their are many Human Rights group advocating for relaxed immigration laws that would allow people to settle down. Sham marriages is not easy to detect especially if the citizen cooperate with the beneficiary.I have heard stories where immigration officials was trying to detect fraud during a Green Card interview but the citizen threatened to sue the official because she has the right to marry anybody she loves. Without hesitation the application was approved.Also there was a story of a couple that the immigration official asked when last did they have sex. Heaven was let lose as they called it sexual assault.If not for the quick intervention of their boss the officer would have been beaten by the angered couple.So is really hard to detect fake marriages. Another problem is that recession is biting harder and citizen are desperate for money so any opportunity they have they use it. Just last week a guy collected $1500 to appear for interview for a Nigerian lady.
If we blame Nigerians what of their American partner in crime.
Loads of notable Politicians in Nigeria used this method to get their papers so is all over the world.
JeSoul i understand where u are coming from. Being a lady u people have phobia for matters of this nature but as a guy i will always tell u that getting Green Card is not Rocket Science.I have seen people with tales esp girls that they went for interview and the officer threatened to jail her if she dint tell her the truth that the marriage is fake and she started crying that the marriage is fake but a guy i know was threatened but he stood his ground.For over 4 hours he maintained that the marriage is genuine and his application was approved.It all depends on your guts and the guts of your spouse.
For the guy given 2 years to return hoe he shouldn't worry. Let him apply for stay of deportation order and with the little time he should look for another girl who has gut.He will get his papers only if he can take the risk.
No need to panic.
One love.

1 Like

Re: Arrangee Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 12:37am On Feb 19, 2010
oyewolejos:

2 years

Sorry 2 months.It was a typo
Re: Arrangee Marriage by netotse(m): 12:58am On Feb 19, 2010
@oyewolejos
it's apparent you support the whole thingy, no matter what you say it's illegal and the fact that a lot of ppl do it doesn't make it right.

@suxes
the way you're going about things, there prolly wont be any need for you to go to school anymore, i could award you with a PhD in hypocrisy. . .SHALOM
Re: Arrangee Marriage by manmustwac(m): 1:55am On Feb 19, 2010
busybody20
manmustwac,

Its not advisable you do a arrangee marriage with her!

First of all, You have to show evidence of communication with the lady b4 a dependant visa is given for 2 yrs

I hope you know how much it costs to get a divorce in UK.    No be small money oooo and besides it takes time for a case to be decided!

Secondly, The system has a way of getting into pple especially some naijas in uk; What gives you the impression once you marry her she wont change and refuse to get divorced.     

UK has got record keeping; it will forever be on record that you were a divorcee, how will you feel about that; If you were to fill forms and always had to tick the divorcee section?

I m certain It will affect your future plans![b] Do not get your hands burnt if u have Genuine interest in marrying another person later.     
[/b]It could backfire
well definately getting married before the end of this year so if i can't do this thing in 6 to 9 months forget it.

netotse:

@manmustwac
Paranoia dey worry you

JeSoul:

Well what can i do then her student visa expires end of this month, she hasn't got enough money to pay her school fees and renew her visa. She can't go back to nija {empty handed} when she hasn't even finished her studies. To make matters worse students who are not doing degree courses can't work for more than 10 hours nowduring school term. She was kneeling down begging me to help her. Well thanks for your advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winter/Summer: Most Beautiful Towns, Villages, And Landscapes In The World. / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.