Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,411 members, 7,891,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:29 PM

Arrangee Marriage - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arrangee Marriage (8601 Views)

Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrangee Marriage by manmustwac(m): 2:08am On Feb 19, 2010
tpia.:

i think the UK used to be the same way (ie easier) immigration-wise but things changed due to the influx of immigrants and economic concerns/rising nationalistic feeling.
yes they used to say that the U K was a piece of cake but its gettng harder now

0hsisi:

manmustwac,are you out of your mind?
don't you know what you're just about to do is a crime punishable by law
and you have the impetus to voice it out online?
jehovah shammah!!
na so Naija criminality don dey sotay people go sidon dey discus their 419 plans in an open forum.
Udinekeudi!
Go and help her rob a bank too,she needs pound sterlings
This is a discussion forum and we're having a discussion. Do u have evidence to prove that i have commited any offence?
Re: Arrangee Marriage by gongoaso1: 2:12am On Feb 19, 2010
To clear up the air a little.
While I agree paying to 'arrange' a marriage is quite illegal and may backfire as the partner may backout or the scam be detected, it is absolutely ludicrous to think there are no genuine marriages and genuine filing.
People do fall in love and often have their partner offer to file for them without paying. That is what I said is not ILLEGAL.
But paying for such purpose. . . lipsrsealed

And if you decide to lie your way to getting married for papers, You are on your own.
I know of a paddy, after the marriage, the wife refused to have protected sex again, cos she couldn't geddit  tongue

Heavens be with you if you find someone to marry and file for you.
But paying for such is outright illegal and risky.
smiley
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:12am On Feb 19, 2010
manmustwac:

yes they used to say that the U K was a piece of cake but its gettng harder now
This is a discussion forum and we're having a discussion. Do u have evidence to prove that i have commited any offence?

Discussion with who?
your fellow criminals?
The fact that you even entertained this idea in your mind after the request is deplorable and to bring up such a "discussion" shows your criminal intent.
Any man with some dignity should have told the girl a bold NO and walked.
shame on you
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:14am On Feb 19, 2010
maybe na one strung out druggie for one street corner you used for your own arrangee
what do I know
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:18am On Feb 19, 2010
A good friend of mine who's a student {here in the U K} she's been studying here for two years now. Her visa expires end of this month. She hasn't got enough money to pay her school fees and to add to that problem from the 5th of March she's only allowed to work for 10 hours instead of 20. So she's begging me to help her do arrangee marriage so that she can get out of her predicament.

Hold it right there.
A man with correct commonsense should have said
"Sorry sweetie,I don't want to be involved in such"

She says that since am a british citizen we can do the marriage and divorce after only six months

and what was your answer?
coming to nairaland to ask if it took only 6 months

Is that true? because i told her that i'm planning on getting married later this year and i don't want this to affect my plans.

Doesn't this sound like someone who is considering an act of crime the only snaffu being the time it took to do the deal and get off
Re: Arrangee Marriage by manmustwac(m): 2:19am On Feb 19, 2010
0hsisi:

maybe na one strung out druggie for one street corner you used for your own arrangee
what do I know
Do u know how long i've known this girl for? And thinking about something dosen't necessarily mean that i'm going to do it. Besides i'm a british citizen born and bred ok.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:20am On Feb 19, 2010
So its not six months like she told me. Dose the two year law only apply to foreigners? If it was britsih citizen like myself the same two year law wouldn't apply right?

Still no intent abi?
does the above sound like one who is not considering this arrangee
shame shame shame
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:22am On Feb 19, 2010
@VC Justice
so if she had 6 months or more left on her visa[b] would it be possible for me to help her with arrangee marriage then and divorce her after 6 months[/b]?

I hope the authorities are reading this grin
a 419er in their midst
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:23am On Feb 19, 2010
She told me just now that she spoke to her lawyer who said its possible for us to get married and i'm going to see her tomorrow morning to discuss the whole thing. I'll keep u guys posted. Thanx.

when a beetle is burning,he'll think he's just producing oyel.
carry on
Re: Arrangee Marriage by netotse(m): 2:24am On Feb 19, 2010
@ohsisi
your judgemental side is out in full force, it's possible that whatever point you want to make could get lost in the 'heat of the moment' for want of a better phrase!

@manmustwac
u came to the forum and asked the question in a manner that suggested you would be willing to commit a crime. . .so saying u jst came to ask for advice doesn't cut it, you're not dealing wiv fools. . .well sorta. . .lol
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:25am On Feb 19, 2010
MrCrackles:

Topic. . .

Not good. . . .
ManMUSTwank, dont do it. . .

This is the wisest advice you got here.
Hopefully you'll learn to reason the same way
Re: Arrangee Marriage by 0hsisi: 2:27am On Feb 19, 2010
netotse:

@ohsisi
your judgemental side is out in full force, it's possible that whatever point you want to make could get lost in the 'heat of the moment' for want of a better phrase!

@manmustwac
u came to the forum and asked the question in a manner that suggested you would be willing to commit a crime. . .so saying u jst came to ask for advice doesn't cut it, you're not dealing wiv fools. . .well sorta. . .lol

hitting a nail on the head,if that's judgemental,so be it
It's his life afterall
he can even go tackle a senior citizen at the tube station for her purse
I won't judge him cool
what is my own
Infact manmustwac,go ahead
do ya thing
It should have been yesterday sef grin
who says it's 6 months, it's 6 weeks only wink
Re: Arrangee Marriage by suxes2005(m): 10:01am On Feb 19, 2010
netotse,

i dnt fink it has gotten to that stage now.
Haba, why such crazy comment about me?

SHALOM
Re: Arrangee Marriage by aieromon(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2010
Enough with the pullin' and pushin'. . .
Manmustwack,have you made up your mind
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 10:40am On Feb 19, 2010
@manmustwac

If her visa is expiring at the end of this month then its even more difficult to convince anybody that this is not sham marriage.

This is the prob when pple borrowed money when applying for student visa, they borrow money and put into their a/c and when the visa is issued the money is returned, they came here empty handed thinking that its easy to work and pay the fees.

You said she has being here for 2yrs, that means she should have been graduated a yr ago. well well well. . . .
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2010
what is the big deal in helping a true friend in need  undecided

if she had planned this well ahead, she should have dated white guys and been active on several dating sites  grin grin grin and she might have been lucky to meet a man that would be willing to help her out
Re: Arrangee Marriage by suxes2005(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2010
justwise,

I quite agree with you.
Cos i fink it does not worth it
travelling abroad on d basis
of Faith.

Even d Bible says Old Prophets
died in Faith,

That is why i am still here oooo
Wanna make sure I av enuf money to sustain
myself when abroad so dat i dnt suffer.

SHALOM
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

what is the big deal in helping a true friend in need  undecided

if she had planned this well ahead, she should have dated white guys and been active on several dating sites  grin grin grin and she might have been lucky to meet a man that would be willing to help her out

Exactly!! this last minute dash is always risky, i like the way u put it. .'true friend' that sounds abit harmless. .  grin grin grin
Do u know any website where i can meet a 'white lady'? ahaha
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Exactly!! this last minute dash is always risky, i like the way u put it. .'true friend' that sounds abit harmless. . grin grin grin
Do u know any website where i can meet a 'white lady'? ahaha

yeah, such things require long term planning/scheming grin grin grin

nope! am not giving you any links. keep your search for your "missing black rib" within west africa. prefarably nigeria. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

yeah, such things require long term planning/scheming grin grin grin

nope! am not giving you any links. keep your search for your "missing black rib" within west africa. prefarably nigeria. grin grin grin grin

Hahahahaha, u are a nut case, u really are. Ok, i will go with that, obviously my 9ja sisters get my vote for sure, d good ones are hard to find grin grin grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

Hahahahaha, u are a nut case, u really are. Ok, i will go with that, obviously my 9ja sisters get my vote for sure, d good ones are hard to find grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

same for guys.
the good ones are hard to find.

i guess we just have to keep kissing frogs till we eventually find our prince or princessgrin grin grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

grin grin grin grin grin

same for guys.
the good ones are hard to find.

guess, we just have to keep [b]kissing frogs [/b] until we eventually find our prince or princess. grin grin grin

Hahaha. . i tell u what? I have decided not to kiss any more frog for more than a yr now. . its completely waste of time and energy
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

Hahaha. . i tell u what? I have decided not to kiss any more frog for more than a yr now. . its completely waste of time and energy

wat?? one year of not kissing any frog??  grin grin grin you try oh.

hmmmm. . . you've given me something to consider
but doing that will give the last frog i kissed a sense of pride. . .thinking i stopped kissing frogs because of him.  grin grin shior!!!

******rolls eyes******  grin grin grin

i will keep kissing jare, just that i will be very careful and patient in selecting the frogs   grin grin grin

thats the sad thing about a broken relationship. . . . all the time, emotions, energy, effort  cry cry
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

wat?? one year of not kissing any frog?? grin grin grin you try oh.
hmmmm. . . you've given me something to consider
but doing that will give the last frog i kissed a sense of pride. . .thinking i stopped kissing frogs because of him. grin grin shior!!!
******rolls eyes****** grin grin grin
i will keep kissing jare, just that i will be very careful and patient in selecting the frogs grin grin grin
thats the sad thing about a broken relationship. . . . all the time, emotions, energy, effort cry cry

Yup, i went through all that, kissed alot of them WITH good intentions but hey! some frogs can't be trusted then i said enough of this, a yr counting now, no frong kissing untill i find that frong that deserve the kiss for real.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

Yup, i went through all that, kissed alot of them WITH good intentions but hey! some frogs can't be trusted then i said enough of this, a yr counting now, no frong kissing untill i find that frong that deserve the kiss for real.

He ya. Pele. What i believe is that the right frog will come along when one least expects.
Re: Arrangee Marriage by denzel2009: 12:46pm On Feb 19, 2010
You frog kissers shd get a room or advise the poster grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
denzel2009:

You frog kissers shd get a room or advise the poster grin

grin grin grin grin. . u can join us though u are not allowed to kiss funkybaby grin grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

grin grin grin grin. . u can join us though u are not allowed to kiss funkybaby grin grin

grin grin grin abi ohhhh . lol
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

He ya. Pele. What i believe is that the right frog will come along when one least expects.

Hope so, but i'm not ready to kiss around anymore untill, then. . .
Re: Arrangee Marriage by denzel2009: 1:03pm On Feb 19, 2010
justwise:

I dont kiss frogs tongue
Re: Arrangee Marriage by funkybaby(f): 1:45pm On Feb 19, 2010
denzel2009:

I dont kiss frogs tongue

So what have you been kissing then?

Serpents, rattlesnakes or zombies grin
Re: Arrangee Marriage by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2010
funkybaby:

So what have you been kissing then?

Serpents, rattlesnakes or zombies grin

his back-hand grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Winter/Summer: Most Beautiful Towns, Villages, And Landscapes In The World. / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Those Who Are Living/or Have Stayed In China(come In And Share Your Experiences)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.