Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,554 members, 7,941,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:22 PM

Where Will You Spend Eternity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Will You Spend Eternity? (704 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Will You Spend Eternity? by PastorAde: 12:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
[center]Where Will You Spend Eternity?[/center]

The days of our years are three score and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away (Psalm 90: 10, emphasis added).

And as it is appointed to men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and to them that look for Him shall He appear to the second time without sin to salvation (Hebrews 9: 28).

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried. And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and sees Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom (Luke 16: 22-23, emphasis added).

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father (John 16: 28).

Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14: 1-3).

Life on earth is very transient – of short duration. The number of years allotted to man according the first Scriptures above is three score and ten (i.e. 70). By reason of strength some attain the age of 80. In exceptional cases, some people live longer. For example, Moses died at the age of 120 and Aaron at the age of 123. However, many don’t even attain the age of 70. Whatever age one dies, the Bible says “we fly way” after death.

It is appointed to men once to die but after this the judgment. What does this mean? The moment men die, their spirits instantly go to either heaven or hell. The spirit of a man goes to heaven if, during his life time, he gave his life to Christ and receive forgiveness and salvation through Jesus and His shed blood. Only the blood of Jesus cleanses and makes a man righteous in order to enter heaven. For such a man, that is his judgment. On the contrary, the spirit of a man goes to hell if, during his life time, he rejects Jesus and die as a sinner. Such is the case of the rich man and Lazarus in the third Scriptures above. When Lazarus died, he was carried by angels to Abraham’s bosom (heaven). When the rich man died, he went to hell because he died as a sinner.

In the fourth Scriptures above, Jesus tells us about where He originated. He came from God the Father. He then came to the earth and eventually returned to the Father. Presently, Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God in heaven. The statement of Jesus in the fourth Scriptures above gives us a clue about where the spirits of men came from. God is the Father of all spirits; and all spirits came from Him before they put on a fleshly garb as men and women in this world. As men live their lives in this world, one day they will die and their spirits will fly away. But to where? As for Jesus, He went back to the Father, and in the fifth Scriptures above, He promised to build mansions in heaven for believers and come again to receive them to heaven. This promise will come to pass very soon. This event is what the Bible refer to as the rapture or the catching up of the saints (see 1Thessalonians 4:16-17).

Dear reader, where will you spend eternity? In heaven, or in hell? These two places are real places people go after death. Have you ever given a thought to this? Only God knows how long you will live again. Today is the day of salvation. Tomorrow may be too late. As you hear this gospel today, make a decision to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Will you go to heaven? If yes, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I choose heaven and reject hell, in Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, call, write or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail; josey500@yahoo.com.
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by doggyall: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
h-e-l-l!
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by benodic: 1:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
dear pastor,
you could see from the last post that some people are really getting tired of this eternity yarns that come from Christianity. people are looking for the way here and now and not some far off thing that they are not even sure will come to pass. i always believe it is better to teach people how to open their heart to God's love. once one has this love eternity no longer matters because God's ever abiding love is here and now.
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by Joagbaje(m): 8:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
I will spend eternity in the new earth.
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by blackcypha(m): 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
in ur 10 million dollar mansion in paradise! grin
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by jagunlabi(m): 11:07pm On Feb 17, 2010
WORD! smiley
Help me tell this fake pastors o!They spend so much time and effort focussing much of the people's attention either into the past(which no longer exist except as mere thought forms) or into the future which is not even here yet, but also only as thoughtforms known as FANTASY or DREAMS.The only thing we have in this world is LIFE, and that life is NOW, in this very moment.And in this NOW is where God and LOVE resides.
Who gives a damn about where eternity is to be spent?Has the pastor ever considered where he was before coming here?
benodic:

dear pastor,
you could see from the last post that some people are really getting tired of this eternity yarns that come from Christianity. people are looking for the way here and now and not some far off thing that they are not even sure will come to pass. i always believe it is better to teach people how to open their heart to God's love. once one has this love eternity no longer matters because God's ever abiding love is here and now.
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by Iyineda(m): 11:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
To answer OP's question:

- Where I will be spending eternity: Err, I don't have a clue. Whoever who does should enlighten the rest of humanity. And I'm talking about tangible proof, not spooky guesses.

- Where I wish I will be spending eternity: In an alternate world similar to that of a dream, but where you get to see how you lived your past life. I also want to believe in reincarnation (back to human, not like in Hinduism where you turn into an animal). grin
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by nuella2(f): 11:32am On Feb 18, 2010
With God in new earth.
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by g1(m): 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2010
Hopefully in a brothel with Jesus and Mohammed chilling with enough ashewos grin cool
Re: Where Will You Spend Eternity? by benodic: 12:44am On Feb 19, 2010
dear iyineda,
i am very happy that you want proof about where you will be in eternity. i can assure you that you can find out if you really want to know. i will give you some hints. first, there are many heavens not just one heaven. that is why st Paul talked about the 3rd heaven in 2nd Corinthians. and Jesus also said that in my father's house there are many mansions. the heaven you will go to will depend on the level of your spiritual growth at the time of your death. of course there is reincarnation. it is not just a theory. the souls that reincarnate are does that have not learnt the lessons of love for all life, for that is the reason that God sent us here on earth. to get the proof that you need you have to start from where you are. if you are a christian then pray in the way that you usually do and before you go to bed, ask your master who Jesus Christ to come to you and teach you directly about the truth of life. then watch your dreams. the revelation of truth starts from our dreams for that is the period when the critical mind is shut down and soul is receptive to truth. if you are a member of some other religion invite your spiritual master to come to you and teach you directly. what most people do not realize is that all the spiritual masters both past and present are still very much active in the inner worlds waiting for souls who are ready for the next step in their spiritual growth and once you invite them they will come when you are ready. there is nothing to fear. only the bold and adventurous will discover the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Adam's "Cheesy Lines" Chatting Up Eve / I Really Need Help / Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.