Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,359 members, 7,947,580 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Okun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Okun (415 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okun by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
Okun lived in a small village called ibudu in igawa community, with a small population of 56 villagers which include 19 males, 30 females and 7 children. at that time ibudu village where going through a though time because it was about 8 months and no single drop of rain had fallen upon ibudu community,the only farm where most of ibudu men go to farm to feed their family and also provide food for their wife could not produce any food again because all the crop had died, women could not go to the stream because it all dried up.
okun was the only man in ibudu with no wife of his own because he was lazy and does nothing but drink and sleep while other men work on the farm and bring food home for him. now that the farm no longer produce food, ibudu village no longer had a source of food and the people started panicking in fear.
Paulinus was am handsome young man both a farmer and an hunter, he was the only man he ibudu that had the courage to go to the forest and hunt for food while others where afraid of wild animals. Paulinus lived in a small hut closed to okun's hut with his pregnant wife reina, a beautiful young woman with perfect hips and lovely lips that even while pregnant was still gorgeous. Paulinus was the only one at that time that gives the lazy okun food to eat, Paulinus saw the hungry people in his village and vowed to kill as many animals he can to feed the entire village as long as they play their part, the men agreed to go in search of water in the stream.. so they dug and dug and dug to find water for cooking and drinking, they dug for hours till they got a breakthrough. all the men did that except okun who always sleeps in his hut waiting for food while Paulinus goes to the forest to kill animals. the women wield clothes for the whole villagers while the children try to help the men in transporting water to the village.
at that time no half cast was allowed to go to other villages or they get burnt alive, so trying that was not an option.
several weeks passed, Paulinus always bring food for the villagers as usual, everyone took part in various activity in other to save the village. everyone except okun who was only sleeping and eating until he started to gain weight, that made everyone to despise and insult him. but he didn't care so as long as his neighbor Paulinus gives me food, am satisfied he told himself.
weeks passed again and again everything started becoming hard and no still sign of rain, Paulinus told his pregnant wife that he was no longer interested in helping okun and everything has its limits, they should be no food for lazy people in the village to earn food, Paulinus confronted okun to always follow him to the forest to bring back food but okun refused and told Paulinus, that he was always busy sleeping at home and he can't help. the villager cut their ties with okun and left him to his fate.
after two days of no food, okun became furious with Paulinus and went to confront him, on his way out he saw Paulinus leaving for the forest after giving his wife a goodbye kiss he took his long gun with a cutlass. okun then decided to ambush Paulinus in the forest to get food for himself, so he secretly followed Paulinus to the forest even his hunger was greater than the fear he had for the forest. on reaching the forest Paulinus hid behind a tree while waiting for an animal to approach the trap he placed on his front, without knowing that okun was right behind him watching the whole thing. after a while a deer approached the trap and Paulinus shot its head so the deer fell dead, okun was shocked because that was the first time he heard a gun shot and the way the bullet took the life of the deer came as a surprise to him but nevertheless he was so hungry so he decided to confront paulinus.
paulinus on the other hand left his gun beside the tree and took out his cutlass to check if the deer was dead unknowingly that okun was behind him, the deer is dead Paulinus said to himself, he quickly picked up the deer and as he turned towards home he saw okun and was shocked because he wasn't especting to see any human in the forest.
what are you doing here asked Paulinus, have you decided to kill animals now for the villagers, hey stop that, I came here because I am hungry and you haven't given me anything to eat for a while now hurry let us get that deer to the village so your wife would make me some to eat, I am starving said okun. now that you are here there is my gun take it and hunt for your own food said Paulinus who was now going home.
out of anger okun pushed Paulinus, Paulinus became annoyed and punched okun on the face and left him on the floor . Paulinus picked up the deer and started his journey home. okun picked up the gun and shot Paulinus without hesitation, he became shocked as to how he quickly shot a person when he has never used a gun before. Paulinus was now dead on the floor, okun became confused. he didn't know what to do and he was all alone in the forest . he his Paulinus body behind a tree, left the gun and took the deer and he ran out of the forest back to the village. okun went straight to Paulinus wife, on getting there he told Reina, that her husband said she should cook the full deer for him because he was a bad cook himself....okun where is my husband said reina and why are you with that dear. reina never really liked okun but she always kept it to herself....
well he sald he would be back soon,,,, he is still in the forest looking for more animals in other to feed the whole village, but he gave me this as a gift and permitted me to give you to cook for me okun lied. OK oo so you are now hunting with my husband I see said reina.. yes, now please hurry i am so hungry said okun... okay let me prepare it for you reina dashed into her hut prepared the all deer after a while she gave okun a big bowl full of meat soup. I am going inside to take a shower said reina, yeah,, yeah leave me alone okun said while rushing the food, he left some for later...
okun who was now in need for some water didn't have some in his hut because the other villagers didn't bother to give him some, so he went to reina's hut in other to demand for some water when suddenly he saw Reina's beautyful unclothedness, that was the ist time he had ever saw a woman unclothedness before, her round breast, perfect hips brautyful skin and lovely lips and a big belly...he started feeling excited inside him... so he waited for her to be done with her shower...after she was done she wore her wrapper and dashed out to her hut where she saw okun and was shocked, she then adjusted her wrapper to cover her whole body well, what are you doing here she asked and why is my husband not yet back... okun didn't answer because he was lost in her and the image of her body was still in his thought, her round breast, curvy hips, etc.. you have a nice body, said okun... reina looked at him as if he was mentally I'll, but answered thanks I guess.. can I see it please remove your wrapper said okun..... are you crazy reina said as she slapped him. okun who was nw furious slapped her back and forced the wrapper off her and saw everything again... reina tried to scream but okun held her mouth so the other villagers won't hear them... then he forced himself on her despite knowing she was pregnant......the more he went in, the more he enjoyed it, she bleed to death.. okun tried to wake her up but she was dead, he became afraid... he quickly went to bury her so as to eliminate any suspicion.. but a villager saw him and alerted the rest, they caught him red handed and forced him to say the truth which he told them that he killed Paulinus and raped his wife.... the villagers stoned okun to death as a penalty of what he had done, okun died.
few weeks passed and the children one by one became ill and died following women and men due to the lack of food in ibudu village... and so there was nothing left due to the wickedness of one man, okun....

THE END.. by Omoruyi Osas.

(1) (Reply)

Story / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 147/overcome The Fear Of Fail / The Wise Old Hermit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.