Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,877 members, 7,889,922 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 02:31 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (64308 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by allboyz(m): 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2010
WE ARE TOTALLY BACK IN THE RACE!!!! - Table lies at times tongue tongue tongue tongue

a minute silence for Ramsey plz by 21:00HRS GMT

Go Gooners! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
allboyz:

WE ARE TOTALLY BACK IN THE RACE!!!! - Table lies at times tongue tongue tongue tongue

a minute silence for Ramsey plz by 21:00HRS GMT

Go Gooners! grin grin grin
A minute silence for someone with a broken ankle at a seeminly wrong angle?Are you OK? angry

Great spirit by the lads but spoilt by that injury to Ramsey.Will give a better analysis when i am lucid but great one guys.

And Clichy for me has to be the MOTM but +10 to all the lads for their heart.

And oh Song misses the next 2 matches against Burnley and Hull.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 9:21pm On Feb 27, 2010
Totally shattered by that injury to Aaron, the hope of a nation cut down like that just because some people believe the only way to stop us playing is to kick us, I mean we all play football or at the least most of us do and you do know in that fraction of a second when you can potentially injure someone. Shawcross' tears were a bit too late.
Most people downplay the effect of such injuries on players, Diaby took so long to finally realise the initial promise he showed, just maybe the poor lad had a psychological barrier to overcome who knows? Eduardo has yet to recover the courage to fully go for 50-50s and now Ramsey joins the list. The only thing he has going for him is his age and that the injury looks like its on the bigger bones and not close to the joints.
Do get well soon Aaron as I'm sure a lot of Welsh people will cry today, this is one too many and I hope those idiots in the FA will finally do something about this kick Arsenal into submission mentality. 3 such injuries from reckless tackles by opposing players in 5 years involving only Arsenal players is definitely more than a coincidence, they came from confidence gained after a lot of other tackles went unpunished.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

I might be wrong but I somehow don't that happening tonight.
Wengay would have his Boys fired up for the match.
He won't let this opportunity slip away.

cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2010
duduspace:

Totally shattered by that injury to Aaron, the hope of a nation cut down like that just because some people believe the only way to stop us playing is to kick us, I mean we all play football or at the least most of us do and you do know in that fraction of a second when you can potentially injure someone. Shawcross' tears were a bit too late.
Most people downplay the effect of such injuries on players, Diaby took so long to finally realise the initial promise he showed, just maybe the poor lad had a psychological barrier to overcome who knows? Eduardo has yet to recover the courage to fully go for 50-50s and now Ramsey joins the list. The only thing he has going for him is his age and that the injury looks like its on the bigger bones and not close to the joints.
Do get well soon Aaron as I'm sure a lot of Welsh people will cry today, this is one too many and I hope those idiots in the FA will finally do something about this kick Arsenal into submission mentality. 3 such injuries from reckless tackles by opposing players in 5 years involving only Arsenal players is definitely more than a coincidence, they came from confidence gained after a lot of other tackles went unpunished.
The way it is going we may have to tell our lads to dress up like Ice hockey players before any match.It is very painful the way these horror injury happens to only US and in a fairly consistent sequence.I do not want to add to the negative vibes thus i am only goiing to wish Ramsey well.This has to be the first time we will cop an all important victory and i can not celebrate it.

It is shattering really,and i hope the rest of the lads will put it behind them and WIN it for Ramsey.I am copping a jersey with his name and number and i hope the rest of you guys will do the same.Damn i have never been this emotional in a long while.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by bgees(m): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
duduspace:

shut the Fk up!! it was an accident.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2010
Leg Break after Leg Break .
Call me cynical if you like but this is starting to look like more than a co incidence undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
This is horrific cry cry cry cry
I hope he gets well soon.

[flash=360,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5nsj7gmtBI&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by arinola4(f): 10:18pm On Feb 27, 2010
is it true 2face dey befriend toni payne?i heard that is what led to their divorce
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Borat1: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
Shawcross is a good kid. . .
It was purely an accident and just looking at him you would see he was as distraught as arsenal players at what he'd done
"Here is a fellow young lad with bright prospects as me, and look what i've done. . ." that probably what he was thinking

On the flip side, we (chelsea) should beat you everytime dont you think?
Cos on each occasion you've gone ahead to have good runs. . . tongue
My money is on arsenal to lose their head again
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by TrainedM: 10:33pm On Feb 27, 2010
Great come back by Arsenal. Now we have to win the League for Ramsey.

On another note, I initially thought it was Fabregas on the Floor instead of Ramsey, I dropped my Glass of Beer out of shock.

Ramsey is a decent kid and i hope he returns and gets well soon

I dont blame the shawcross guy, He too was in shock and was in tears.

As for the Run In, we can only get stronger with the Likes of Diaby, Gallas and Arshavin returning back from Injury.

I believe Spain play Italy in the International Friendly. Lord GOD please protect Fabregas  undecided

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2010
Shawcross was devastated after the accident,but that does not remove the fact that they were going about the game rugby kind of physical way
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
bgees:

are yu a baboon just let loose from its cage? I havent got time for your likes today so please stay off my case and don't respond to me at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2010
rasputinn:

Shawcross was devastated after the accident,but that does not remove the fact that they were going about the game rugby kind of physical way

It was an accident.
Arsene Wenger should shut up. . . . . .His players are not exactly Saints as well.
Wenger's players have been guilty of breaking the legs of their opponents in the past. . . . .They should stop this moronic THE WORLD AGAINST US.
Shawcross did not do it intentionally. He was weeping on his way to the dressing room after the incident.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by bgees(m): 11:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
duduspace:

are yu a baboon just let loose from its cage? I havent got time for your likes today so please stay off my case and don't respond to me at all.

ode! u are the baboon. did u watch the match at all? u just heard stories. Any sane person who saw the match should know it wasn't intentional.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by bgees(m): 11:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
Alex Song would have broken so many legs with the way he plays. so stop moaning, let's just wish Ramsey a speedy recovery.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Feb 27, 2010
bgees:

ode! u are the baboon. did  u watch the match at all? u just heard stories. Any sane person who saw the match should know it wasn't intentional.

Don't mind Wenger and that labia called Cesc inducing sympathy from all and sundry.

It's hard to tell from a photograph how malicious a tackle was, or how much of the injury was caused by Shawcross.
There have been cases of players breaking their leg on the most innocuous of tackles as well (Cisse). John Arne Riise's shot broke Alan Smith's ankle and he was out for 6 months in 2006.

I'm not saying that's what's happened, but for Wenger to jump to conclusions based on a poor perspective and after the break has occurred is a bit premature. There's no clear evidence that it was Shawcross' foot that caused the break?
It could have been his leg or knee the way they fell into each other.

Fabregas did not moan to SKYSPORTS when Gallas broke Mark Davis' leg some weeks ago.

[img]http://www.free-football.tv/content_images/gallastackle.jpg[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 11:45pm On Feb 27, 2010
Man I'm watching match of the day and it seems Tevez really has a huge bone to pick with terry grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 11:47pm On Feb 27, 2010
[img][/img]
You want to compare a harmless stamp on a foot with a horrific leg break,don't worry,I pray it happens to Rooney so we'll see how you'll react

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
Arsenal have reacted angrily after midfielder Aaron Ramsey suffered a serious injury that echoed the broken leg sustained by team-mate Eduardo da Silva in 2008.

The Welshman appeared to have his lower leg broken in a tackle with Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross, who was shown a red card by referee Peter Walton.

Shawcross left the field in tears, while players from both sides were visibly traumatised as medics administered emergency treatment and gave Ramsey oxygen.

The game was stopped for several minutes before Ramsey was stretchered into an ambulance and driven away from the Britannia Stadium.

Sky television decided not to show replays of the challenge because they considered the footage to be too upsetting.

Manager Arsene Wenger said the injury was a consequence of the excessively physical approach teams take against his side.

"I am not very happy with the tackle," he said.

"We have lost three players - (Abou) Diaby, Eduardo and Ramsey - for nine months or a year on horrendous tackles.

"I don't believe in coincidence when it happens as often as this."

Arsenal went on to win the game 3-1 with goals from Nicklas Bendtner, Cesc Fabregas and Thomas Vermaelen after Danny Pugh opened the scoring for Stoke.

Speaking after the game, Fabregas called for referees to stamp out on dangerous challenges, saying: "You could say we are not protected enough. I think so."

Croatian striker Eduardo missed nearly a year with a compound leg fracture following a tackle by Birmingham City's Martin Taylor in 2008. Diaby was injured after a challenge by Sunderland's Dan Smith two years earlier.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27022010/58/premier-league-ramsey-suffers-serious-injury.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 11:49pm On Feb 27, 2010
rasputinn:

[img][/img]You want to compare a harmless stamp on a foot with a horrific leg break,don't worry,I pray it happens to Rooney so we'll see how you'll react

Harmless stamp? Don't be ridiculous.
Mark Davies is crocked with no return date on his injury and that was due to Gallas' horrific tackle.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
Waiting to hear the verdict of the MOTD pundits.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 11:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
chic2pimp:

Man I'm watching match of the day and it seems Tevez really has a huge bone to pick with terry grin grin grin
Of course it is a fall out of the whole brouhaha,i am sure Chelsea will look back at the summer viz a viz what has become of Terry and regret the signing of the mercenary called Terry.Didn't you notice how Bellamy wanted to have a part of him too duriing the whole melee?Believe me,Bridge did the right thing by refusing turning down the 3 Lions,there will always be a division with his presence.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 12:01am On Feb 28, 2010
@ Sharon

You're just being dubious,you and I know that it's been the anthem/code of most prem teams,especially those at the lower rung of the ladder that once they get very physical with the young Arsenal players,then they are more likely to get a result,so when an accident occurs in such games,chances of them being freaky and horrific are higher than the once arising from a non-premeditated physical approach game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

Stoke will batter those Arsenal babies from Britannia to Budapest!
They don't lose many on their home soil and they have beaten Arsenal TWICE already. . . .Stoke have not lost a football game in 2010.

Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 12:06am On Feb 28, 2010
bgees:

No you shut the fucck up
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:10am On Feb 28, 2010
rasputinn:

@ Sharon
You're just being dubious,you and I know that it's been the anthem/code of most prem teams,especially those at the lower rung of the ladder that once they get very physical with the young Arsenal players,then they are more likely to get a result,so when an accident occurs in such games,chances of them being freaky and horrific are higher than the once arising from a non-premeditated physical approach game

Y'all make it sound as if it's only Arsenal that play all these teams from the lower rung.
United, Chelsea and Liverpool play them as well. It's Football. . . . .Get on with it.
MOTD just cleared the incident now. Shawcross went genuinely for the ball. . . .no studs up!!!

I am glad Capello invited him to join the 3 Lions team tonight. Shawcross needed that boost.
He isn't a dirty player. He's never copped a red card before.
Gallas' tackle on Davis was worse.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chamotex(m): 12:13am On Feb 28, 2010
rasputinn:

No you shut the fucck up

grin grin

~Sauron~:

Harmless stamp? Don't be ridiculous.
Mark Davies is crocked with no return date on his injury and that was due to Gallas' horrific tackle.

Mark Davies is already back playing, he was only out for a couple of weeks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 12:17am On Feb 28, 2010
bgees:

ode! u are the baboon. did u watch the match at all? u just heard stories. Any sane person who saw the match should know it wasn't intentional.

you are a proper oloshi, Please go to hell and never return or go back to eatin yur bananas from whatever zoo you escaped from. You didn't have to reply to my post. Proper Aro.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 12:21am On Feb 28, 2010
Get well soon Ramsey!!

I wish I could give you my ankle. . . . I'm getting the axe. sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:21am On Feb 28, 2010
chamotex:

Mark Davies is already back playing, he was only out for a couple of weeks

He's been in and out of the team since then.
Besides, it doesn't make Gallas' tackle any better than what we saw today.
Gallas' studs were up and he marched on the dude's ankle.

debosky:

Get well soon Ramsey!!
I wish I could give you my ankle. . . . I'm getting the axe.  sad

I won't be surprised if excuses are not being prepped for this incident.

"Arsenal lost the title because Shawcross broke Ramsey's shin.
The injury got to Ramsey's team-mates and they were emotionally and psychologically damaged to make any genuine title challenge.
If they had Ramsey in the first team for the last 10 games, Arsenal woulda won the title with 19 points clear."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by chic2pimp(m): 12:24am On Feb 28, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Of course it is a fall out of the whole brouhaha,i am sure Chelsea will look back at the summer viz a viz what has become of Terry and regret the signing of the mercenary called Terry.Didn't you notice how Bellamy wanted to have a part of him too duriing the whole melee?Believe me,Bridge did the right thing by refusing turning down the 3 Lions,there will always be a division with his presence.

Yes ooo infact it seems the whole of the Man city team bar the england boyz(for obvious reasons) were ready to have a go grin grin.

I have to agree with the MOTD pundits here.
The Foul was not intentional however it still should not take away from the fact that it was horrendous.
Sol,Cesc,TV5's faces just about told us how bad that Injury was.
I don't why but I kinda feel pity for shawcross cuz he'll be forever hunted by that tackle.
Get Well Soon Aaron sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.