Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,876 members, 7,889,918 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:58 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (64305 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Borat1: 6:54am On Feb 28, 2010
Sharon should be put out of his misery with an equally fatal injury to rooney today,
so he'll stop yakking long and hard
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by dayokanu(m): 7:39am On Feb 28, 2010
Saint Arsenal

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by TrainedM: 8:01am On Feb 28, 2010
Stoke manager Tony Pulis:
"It is a bad challenge but I know Shawcross, I signed him as a 19-year-old.
"He has got no bad blood in him whatsoever and[b] there is no way in a million years he would ever go out to hurt anybody. I really mean that.[/b]
"Everyone else at this football club sends their condolences on the incident, we wish him well for a speedy recovery and as a fellow Welshman I am devastated.
"But Ryan has come off the pitch broken-hearted, met his mum straightaway and gone straight home.
"For me the game is insignificant, the incident has really spoiled it."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8530490.stm
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by TrainedM: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2010
How in the name of God can a football fan say  maybe Ramsey deserved what he got ?

Sauron, you have some serious issues. We are all football fans but anybody that makes such a statement should be burnt on a stake

Shocking statement.

Even the Stoke fans applauded Ramsey off the pitch and Shawcross was in tears.

It is just plain silly and Naive for Sauron to make suCh a statement. We are all football fans and nobody deserves such an iNJURY NOT AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE WHICH MAKES IT WORSE BECAUSE of the Trauma Ramsey is going to face.

Sauron, you have some serious serious issues and i think u need a doctor or a Spiritualist.

SHOCKING STATEMENT LIKE THAT DESERVES A BAN FOR SAURON.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by TrainedM: 8:15am On Feb 28, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 11:24am On Feb 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

Used to be? grin grin grin grin grin
How did Arsenal win their last major trophy? grin cheesy

How did they get promoted if they cannot play?
When Arsenal players went after Evra last season after his MEN VS BOYS remark. . .Did United complain Arsenal players set out to injure him?
I smell hypocrisy from you bloody LOSERS. Karma is a biaaaaaaaaatch and maybe, maybe Ramsey deserved what he got.
shocked  shocked  angry  I am trying my optimal best to refrain from labelling yousome unprintable names dude.That right there is needless and i hope you will be man enough(something i doubt you will ever do) to retract it.To think i have ever credited you with some modicum of intelligence,decency and lucidity.Damn!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by MrCrackles(m): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2010
For anyone to justify what happened to Young Ramsey and claim he deserves it or it is fair, is absolutely insane. . .

I am not surprised at utterances of Sauron and Dayokanu. . .

They both deserve to be ignored and left to chew, whinge and moan forever about it, if they want to. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
A mere 3 game ban CANNOT be sufficient punishment for sending a player out of the game for a year at the minimum.

If you get yellow cards for two pushes you'll receive a similar ban - that CANNOT be acceptable anywhere.

I have nothing against Shawcross as a person, but if something isn't done, we will continue to see these horrific injuries happening. We cannot afford to keep injuring players like this.

Regardless of who the player is and who he plays for, if he injures someone in this fashion, he should be banned from the game for at least 3 months - anything less is idiotic.

Someone saying Ramsey deserved it just proves the base, repulsive and rank stupidity exhibited by a number of people here, all in the name of 'getting one over' Arsenal football club.

I would advise all Arsenal fans to stop responding to this demented boy's posts - he obviously has no sense as to where to draw the line.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by MrCrackles(m): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2010
debosky:

A mere 3 game ban CANNOT be sufficient punishment for sending a player out of the game for a year at the minimum.

If you get yellow cards for two pushes you'll receive a similar ban - that CANNOT be acceptable anywhere.

I have nothing against Shawcross as a person, but if something isn't done, we will continue to see these horrific injuries happening. We cannot afford to keep injuring players like this.

Regardless of who the player is and who he plays for, if he injures someone in this fashion, he should be banned from the game for at least 3 months - anything less is idiotic.

Someone saying Ramsey deserved it just proves the base, repulsive and rank stupidity exhibited by a number of people here, all in the name of 'getting one over' Arsenal football club.

I would advise all Arsenal fans to stop responding to this demented boy's posts - he obviously has no sense as to where to draw the line.

Peach. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eyoniggar(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2010
In as much as Sharons speculation about
ramsey's injury to be deservedly sustained,
I dnt think its justifiable for the argumentative
cretin to be BANNED.

However, such person should be heavily denounced
and despised in every way possible.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 1:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
As controversial as Sauron is, I did find his posts interesting but he did cross a line in that last post, no matter what he was trying to say it came out all wrong. I really wish he would rephrase that statement, I can't bring myself to believe he meant what he wrote.

Here is the official statement on the Arsenal site of Aaron's injury, I know an entire nation is praying for his quick recovery.

[Quote]
On Sunday, Arsenal Football Club released the following statement:

“During yesterday’s match against Stoke City, Aaron Ramsey sustained fractures to the tibia and fibula in his right leg. Yesterday evening he underwent surgery.

"The operation successfully reduced the fractures and whilst it is too soon to state an exact timescale for recovery, Aaron will certainly miss the remainder of this season. Our thoughts are with Aaron at this time and everyone at the Club wishes him all the best in making as speedy a return to action as possible.”
[/quote]

Just as I thought, it is a double fracture of both the tibia and fibula, Djibril Cisse came back from a similar injury and I do believe Aaron will be back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by HNIC(m): 1:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
We are first and foremost footie fans before we chose clubs to support.
Football is called the 'beautiful game' for some reason and
I know 95% of football fans watch and love the game because of its beauty and not some ugly ass tackles that can end one's life!
In my sunday, sunday football games, apart from the ref telling us to play fairly, I also sound my note of warning.
If you tackle me hardly, I issue you a warning, try it a 2nd time and I assure you we might have to call in the Police.
I will treat it as assault and you will have yourself to blame for whatever happens!
Lastly, anyone that thinks Ramsey deserved what he got needs to say a Doctor!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by eldee(m): 2:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
After career threatening injuries to Van Persie and Eduardo , I was thinking it would have hurt less if it were to a less important player of our team.
Thing is . . . I wouldn't even wish this for Rooney or Drogba.

It hurts even more with Ramsey . . . he is the bedrock Arsenal's future.
This is a player we all knew was going to eventually step into Fab4's shoes.
Football shouldn't be played like this . . . it's getting extremely adversarial.

It has now become a norm for coaches and 'analysts' to say 'take the physical approach against Arsenal' or 'Stop them from playing the Arsenal way'.
Why don't we all play fair, didn't United trash us properly this season??

FIFA/UEFA/EPL need to do sumn . . . maybe threaten month long bans for year season long injuries.
Strict liability, not to punish the defenders, but to make sure players are more careful.

We can't keep losing the most talented players in the game . We lost Eduardo, Djibril Cisse and Dean Ashton.
This mentality has even gone into training camps. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Vieira(m): 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2010
This is the kind of crap that makes me get angry.

Sauron and Dayokanu, you pair do not know when to stop your wind up antics.

It amazes me that you can come on here and spew your utter bollocks when a kid has been badly hurt.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by SirKay3(m): 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ Sauron & dayokanu,

This Ramsey issue is going out of hand please. Both of you should please refrain from making comments in respect of this, nor use abusive words against Arsenal fans again. Football is supposed to breed friendship, not enmity!

@ GUNNERS,

It's happened, let's wish our dear boy speedy recovery. While this lingers, let's just ignore anything anybody says again. @ least we won (the injury spoiled our fun), we have three points between us and Chelsea. I believe this is our year.

Let's take it a game at a time. Go ARSENAL Go.

Burnley next @ The Emirates on Saturday. Arsenal 3 - 0 Burnley.

Peace!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
Boy Ramsey,do have a speedy recovery
I saw the footage of the game and I don't think that Shawcross dude meant for it to happen that way(yes cos he meant for something to happen,but not of that gravity),he shouldn't be banned for too long but he should be banned nonetheless IMO

Boy was crying like his momma just died
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 9:58pm On Feb 28, 2010
Shawcross sure got some history:

http://content.thisis.co.uk/sentinel07/homepage/ad_panel/sentinel_backpage.pdf
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083214/Arsenal-striker-Adebayor-ruled-weeks-Stoke-clash.html

It is no rocket science why England has only won one World cup really.Buncha thugs breeding pederasts. angry And in the Adebayor's case,i can remember vividly dude took Ade's leg off off-pitch.I think unless the FA does something against this sort of player,then Ramsey's injury may be a mere child's play to what's in the offing.

BTW,though Ramsey's injury blackened everything at the Brittania yesterday,i really doff my hat for the likes of Clichy,Cesc and Sol.Sol's re-signing has being a master-stroke of some sort,can anyone just imagine Silvestre in yesterday's match shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
@ Chacal
Say it aint so,did you say Ramsey deserved to have his leg broken,did you say it with a sane mind(cos I know you's insane but not plain stuupid)

You should be ashamed o' yourself
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2010
Heard tell,Dutch coach Opined Van Persie could be back in April,is it confirmed??
We really need more potent options in the front,now more than ever before
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2010
Shawcross broke someones ankle before now and some unbelievable people are saying 'he's not that type of player'?

So much for Pulis' defence - he's seen this player break someone's ankle before now and we're supposed to think 'oh he's a good kid'?

Shawcross should be banned from football for at least 6 months - this is not even his first incident. He tackled Adebayor out for 3 weeks, broke Jeffers' ankle and then broke Ramsey's leg and the FA will still be daftly waiting for reasons to punish this guy?

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Borat1: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
He was rewarded for his exploits with a callup to the england squad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by codedguy1(m): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
debosky:

Hear, hear sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Myself2(m): 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2010
debosky:

Shawcross broke someones ankle before now and some unbelievable people are saying 'he's not that type of player'?

So much for Pulis' defence - he's seen this player break someone's ankle before now and we're supposed to think 'oh he's a good kid'?

Shawcross should be banned from football for at least 6 months - this is not even his first incident. He tackled Adebayor out for 3 weeks, broke Jeffers' ankle and then broke Ramsey's leg and the FA will still be daftly waiting for reasons to punish this guy?

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You don't say
Yep,I remember Adebayor's case,from the above highlighted,sure sounds like we have a tibia and fibula breaking maniac on the loose

If that be the case,he should be shut out for the entire season so he can check into some sort of anger management programme or counselling
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^ Look at the links Kay Pumpin posted. . . .the evidence is all there to see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by meka2010: 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
This explains why some people rather just go thru posts without commenting. I have seen several posts by Nldr and must confess, I marvel at the low level of intelligence. Comments from certain posters l (Their posts are always biased and uncalled for) leaves one to wonder if this site has been invaded by kids. Such comment that Ramsey deserved what he got is inhuman and should be condemned.

I am out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 12:44am On Mar 01, 2010
Lets not dwell on Ramsey's injury for longer than necessary haters can only be shut up with trophies so the onus is on us to deliver lets see how it swings when would Diaby and Merida get back by the way?? Denilson has to step up his game he has been too average for my liking
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by mystikal(m): 5:34am On Mar 01, 2010
I know people all have their opinions of this team, the players, the managers and everything else but if Saturday night didn't make you proud to be an Arsenal fan then there's something wrong with you. My spine is tingling even thinking about it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2010
I am stil pissed as f.U.ck. If the useless inept FA dont do something about this uselss football culture that persist in England where a 19 year old boy can have his bone broken by something trying to retrieve a 50-50 ball. What utter rubbish. How much force does one need going into a challenge?!!! And what is more annoying how they keep saying he's not thhat type of kid. Are you kidding me? A player who is on course to end the carrer of another player. Who has sent 3 players to medium to long time absence is is not that kind of player?

This culture of excessive force in tackling has to be put to an end. A-40 with all due respect we shouldnt keep quiet about this. This is not about winning triphies this is about the career of our players. 3 players in 4 years. Just because everybody has gotten a stupid notion that the only way to beat Arsenal is to rough them up? news flash to the m.or.ons, we have beaten evrybody who came to the field with thuggery.

This nonsense has got to STOP!!!!!

True talk though we really shouldnt lose focus on where our season is at rigth now. We have a league to win. It seems they really want to make it harder. Well we are not giving up you assh.oles!!!!

And to the idiot Sharon that says the little kid deserves it. Well, you are just an idiot. Nuff said.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by akinalabi(m): 8:54am On Mar 01, 2010
eldee:

It has now become a norm for coaches and 'analysts' to say 'take the physical approach against Arsenal' or 'Stop them from playing the Arsenal way'.
Why don't we all play fair, didn't United trash us properly this season??

That is becoming a cliche and it is boring.

Shawcross probably wouldnt have gotten any card if Ramsey's leg was not broken. I know emotions are running high and
everyone is sad about what has happened to a young lad but I really think the tackle is OK for a game of football
for me. If you body check someone and he goes on to fall and break his head, we will say we should ban anyone that
body checks for 3 months. Emotions are running high but we should not analyze based on emotions.

Its really really bad for Ramsey.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by tayoccu(m): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2010
I wonder why the oaf made the tackle,he was never gonna get to the ball before ramsey,
now see what he's done.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 10:32am On Mar 01, 2010
akinalabi:

Shawcross probably wouldnt have gotten any card if Ramsey's leg was not broken. I know emotions are running high and
everyone is sad about what has happened to a young lad but I really think the tackle is OK for a game of football
for me. If you body check someone and he goes on to fall and break his head, we will say we should ban anyone that
body checks for 3 months. Emotions are running high but we should not analyze based on emotions.

It was a BAD TACKLE - If Pulis and Wenger can admit such, then I don't know what you're going on about saying it was 'ok'.  undecided

No one has broken his head from a body-check, no one has broken bones due to bodychecks so please spare me the silly comparisons you are making just for argument's sake.

This same player has BROKEN someone else's ankle and you're here making silly comments about emotional analysis? I guess till he breaks the leg of a third player before he is regarded as a danger on the football pitch.

This was a reckless, unacceptable tackle - leg high up off the ground with NO JUSTIFICATION for it, ending up breaking a player's leg. If it was a 'one-off' then I'd say fine - but not for a player who nearly broke Ade's ankle and took him out for three weeks, and broke Jeffers' ankle??

This is not emotions - two leg breaks and one three week absence (that we know of right now) is no coincidence from the SAME PLAYER, playing for the same club that took out THREE Arsenal players (Sagna, Walcott and Adebayor) with injuries in the corresponding league fixture last season. . . .that is no coincidence or emotion.

I guess till it happens to a Utd player some of you will not reason properly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 10:33am On Mar 01, 2010
akinalabi:

What is becoming monotonous is the "he never meant it" and "he's a good boy" line.Check the below:

May 1st 2006 - Abou Diaby has his ankle fractured and dislocated by a challenge from Dan Smith.

Feb 23rd 2008 - Eduardo has his left fibula fractured and sustains an open dislocation of his ankle joint after Martin Taylor's tackle.

Feb 27th 2010 - Aaron Ramsey has his fibula and tibia broken, his leg left hanging in the air, by Ryan Shawcross.

In four years,a team has witnessed career threatening to 3 of his players and the least that can be done is for these kind of incidents to be stamped out of the game.Aren't people punished for man-slaughter?

And like Martin Samuel retorted,how can so many broken legs be a coincidence? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.