Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,956 members, 7,890,156 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:10 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) (64337 Views)

Poll: Should Wenger Go After Yet Another Failed Season??

Yes: 44% (13 votes)
No: 55% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. In Wenger We Trust! / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by duduspace(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2010
debosky:

Anyone watching Olympiakos vs Bordeaux? I've seen nothing special by Chamakh in this game. . . . he's been peripheral all through.
So yu were on scouting watch like moi.
It might be difficult to draw much conclusion as to his proficiency in front of goal as that game showed that Bordeaux are a team not given to much attacking play, the only 2 players I cld see consistently in attack were Chamakh and Gourcuff(what a player). Chamack's goal return should definitely improve with the way we play.
One thing I can say about him though is that he is a player who can lead the line (in a different way from the Drogba's physicality as he hardly physically bullied any of Olympiakos CBs but more than held his own against them) with movement and combining with other players and is quite skillful on the ball, I didn't see much pace from him but then Bordeaux were basically coasting today. typical Arsene buy comfortable on the ball, hardworking and possibly what you would call a more matured version of Bendtner but less physically imposing, a Drogba he is definitely not but he can hold his own against most CBs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 8:01am On Feb 24, 2010
edoyad:

If i'm not mistaken 1 EPL goal is equal to about 4.5 bundes and Luxemberg league goals. I'd rather watch the 2nd division portuguese league than watch . . . ,you know what.

Yes,I know what you mean,the bundeswacksga
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by rasputinn(m): 8:02am On Feb 24, 2010
Truth be told,the Kenyan league outshines the German league a zillion times
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2010
Well saw only the highlights of the Bordeoux match as i was busy watching Shakira and Mad Jens (what a character) teach Barca how to play football on bleeped up turf. No kidding, if not for bad decisions and the complimentary UEFA referee nonsensesities Barca would have been duly embarrassed yesterday.

Anyways i think Dudu's analysis of Chamakh is about right. He doesnt use his body to hold up the ball. More like short movements in the same area to allow time for others to come into play. Meanwhile i did see Carlton Cole as well and considering the fact we were also mentioning him, i have to say, no wonder Wenger was saying it wasnt abt just getting any striker. That dude's link up play is horrible. An unfit Bendtner so far brings people into play far better than CC. Even Mido was doing better after he came in.

So the scummies sha won sha, nuffing do us. COYG!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by afrodoc(m): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2010
Duduspace,Traore and Walcott r above 20 and Vela who was 16 in d 2005 FIFA u-17 tournament shud b 21 too.so those boys arent as young as u tink.anyhow dis aint d 1st tym Arsenal will hide behind d excuse of youth development.Wenger must b coach of Delusionals Annonymous,wat happnd 2 Lupoli,Owusu Abeyie,J Hoyte et al.these boys r only flattering 2 deceive, YOU GUNNERS!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 10:24am On Feb 24, 2010
Hmmm, Man U still dey do gra gra, anyways. . .I'll let Tevez n DD kill em for me tongue

I haff a good feeling about this season smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2010
debosky:

My conclusion is that DK is sexually deprived - virtually every statement of his is of a sexual nature.

Enough of the rubbish.

Anyone watching Olympiakos vs Bordeaux? I've seen nothing special by Chamakh in this game. . . . he's been peripheral all through.
Henry and Manu were not exactly "balls of fire" before they landed with us or were they?The only snag to the whole set up is how soon he adapts to the pace and physicality of the EPL.While we can take solace from the fact that none of our recent signings has take long in "acclamitizing",my personal opinion of Chamakh is that he is nothing but a more composed and skillful Bendtner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 10:43am On Feb 24, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Henry and Manu were not exactly "balls of fire" before they landed with us or were they?The only snag to the whole set up is how soon he adapts to the pace and physicality of the EPL.While we can take solace from the fact that none of our recent signings has take long in "acclamitizing",my personal opinion of Chamakh is that he is nothing but a more composed and skillful Bendtner.

Chamakh is 26 - he should be very good for all the money Bordeaux wanted us to pay and for the money Wenger is alleged to be offering him.

Henry wasn't 26, neither was Ade (official age anyways grin)

Why spend so much on a player if he can't come in and start making a big difference? Why not go for someone else? That would be my argument. I'm not writing him off in one game alone though, but I will be following his performances from now till the end of the season to see if he's even worth the noise.

Not sure I want a slightly more skilled and composed Bendtner - would be looking at someone who can make a significant impact for the side and not another 'developer'.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2010
Kay,

The game before this one (group stages), Chamakh was impressive, the problem is "will he deliver the goodies as soon as he arrives?" Bendtner has been piss poor, we're lacking firepower/ruthless finishing upfront, so if he comes in. . so much is expected of him cause it's the tail end of the season and we need every goal/game we can get/win.

I really don't have issues with him, you know how the prem is  undecided , the press/fans NEVER forgive & if they get to him , he might just become another arshaving whinning here n there.

Nuff said, Stoke awaits. cool

Debo,

Chamakh can't possibly be 26 grin grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by COLDMIND(m): 10:55am On Feb 24, 2010
If u want to go on a chelsea inter bet am available. 08023711810. True blue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by kaypumpin2(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2010
debosky:

Chamakh is 26 - he should be very good for all the money Bordeaux wanted us to pay and for the money Wenger is alleged to be offering him.

Henry wasn't 26, neither was Ade (official age anyways grin)

Why spend so much on a player if he can't come in and start making a big difference? Why not go for someone else? That would be my argument. I'm not writing him off in one game alone though, but I will be following his performances from now till the end of the season to see if he's even worth the noise.

Not sure I want a slightly more skilled and composed Bendtner - would be looking at someone who can make a significant impact for the side and not another 'developer'.

I do not have a high expectation of him and i will be surprised if his goals return is out of this world on his arrival.But for "great" performances here and there(especially against Bayern in the UCL),he is as ordinary as they get.

And yes,Ade's actual age will never be known except by his parents and family members grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 11:02am On Feb 24, 2010
COLDMIND:

If u want to go on a chelsea inter bet am available. 08023711810. True blue
why chelski fans no dey grow brain na? angry

We DON'T gamble!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2010
Chamakh is another light-weight striker who will be worthless in Arsenal.
Wenger is a retard. He should stop buying players like Nasri or Eduardo. He should buy modern centre forwards like Adebayor, Torres, Rooney, etc.
Players with strength who can play up top on their own. Chamakh will need another striker like Eduardo to function effectively.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2010
Sauron
how are Rooney or Torres any stronger than Chamakh? Is Nasri a striker? Are you drunk again?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
WTF happened to my post? shocked shocked shocked shocked

MUKI,Crizzle. . .release my post now b4 i lose my cool, WTF was that all about? angry angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by Sauron1: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
how are Rooney or Torres any stronger than Chamakh?

Have you seen Chamakh play? He is like a fuckin Eduardo minus Eduardo's finishing.
Light weight, worthless and he has only scored 9 goals this season.
If he's better than Eduardo, he won't be playing for Bordeaux.

Is Nasri a striker? Are you drunk again?

Yet again, your comprehension skills let you down.
Where did i say Nasri is a striker? I said Wenger should stop buying players like Eduardo and Nasri(light-weight players).
Players who get bullied off the ball because of their built. Chamakh will not add anything to Arsenal. He will not turn you guys into world beaters.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by afrodoc(m): 12:39pm On Feb 24, 2010
V3 u can laff in Koffi Olomide if u want,d fact is Arsenal players r lightwt and easily bullied.dey hav skill bt r simply not strong enuf! Eduardo,Nasri,Walcott,Denilson r boys and weaklings beside d MEN of ManU,Chelse and Barca
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 12:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
afrodoc:

V3 u can laff in Koffi Olomide if u want,d fact is Arsenal players r lightwt and easily bullied.dey hav skill bt r simply not strong enuf! Eduardo,Nasri,Walcott,Denilson r boys and weaklings beside d MEN of ManU,Chelse and Barca
I hear. . .thank u for your comment grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2010
Lightweights that thrased everton 6-1, Aston Villa 2-0. .

The same teams schooled ManYou n Chelski? So how lightweight are we again? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
Sharon u don come again. Light weight. Oh i see light weight in name abi?. No we should go for Ibra-no-goals. Chamahk fyi is not a luxury player feeding off other people's performance. It is actually the other way round, other people shine because he brings them into play. And that as been exactly what Arsene has said he likes about him. Other players play better with him.

Where is he playing? Is that an argument. Villa is in struggling Valencia, Dzeko is in Wolfsburg. . . .so what's ur point.

How can an Arsenal team commited to attacking football be looking for someone to be playing lonely man up front?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
Dunno wah keeps deletinh my post when i mention Sauron shocked shocked

Muki n Criz better explain this angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by slimshay(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^^^Just say Suara or Sharon, NL police no go catch am!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by afrodoc(m): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2010
V3 u r welcome,anytime.u pple always view ur team tru rosecolourd glasses
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2010
Oh so now "sharon" is now under the protection of NL police?

I laff in Suaradellic tongues
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by ritchboy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 24, 2010
Sauron
you didnt answer the question. Are Torres and Rooney stronger than Chamakh? NO!
Nasri plays wide, how strong are most wide players? Is Nani a heavy weight?
The whole "Arsenal are lightweight" ish is getting old. Tell me, how many Man Utd players are as strong as Song or Diaby? I cant think of any, maybe Vidic, who else?
Arsenal play football, not rugby or sumo-wrestling.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by debosky(m): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2010
v3 and Sharon - your posts have been tagged by the spam bot so await unlocking by the admin.

I'll watch Chamakh till the end of the season - I have seen him play well a number of times, but his goal tally is highly unimpressive - even Arshavin has 8 goals for Arsenal this season, so if he can't hit double figures at the minimum, he's not going to make much of a difference at Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by v3: 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2010
Spam BOT? angry , Spam BOT? angry angry

When una implement all these things, una nor dey notify person, imagine me typing a whole page ONLY to see it disappear? angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by A40(m): 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2010
Chamakh? Na wa oh! So out of all the strikers in Europe Chamakh is the best Wenger can come up with! Its no biggie sha since he would most likely be coming on a free i am not sure about his age but Oscar Cardozo woulda been a better option seen a few of his games and he is CLASS!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) by afrodoc(m): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
Ritchboy u know d Arsenal boys r litewt now.look at Man U's "boys" i.e Welbeck,Biram Diouf,Macheda,Anderson and Gibson and u'll c i'm ryt.being lyt wt is not all abt size bt mainly abt TOUGHNESS! Makelele and Essien r not big bt dey r not lyt wt ditto Mascherano,Tevez e.t.c d point is Arsenal players esp 4wards r not tough enuf.hope u remember Reyes and how he deceivd u guys? My Arsenal friends back then said he was beta than C.Ronaldo! Their eyes were opend afta d Neville brodas put d fear of God in him! D lightwt we mean when we talk abt Arsenal is mental and physical TOUGHNESS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.