Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! (5153 Views)

Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? / Is It Advisable To Tell My Wife How Much I Earn Per Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Boboribo: 6:44pm On Feb 19, 2010
Guys, what was your expereince? I hear its a quarelsome experience. She doesn't fancy a driving school and makes it seem as if it is part of me showing how much I love her if I teach her. I sincerely wish to avoid the attendant quarels that I hear accompany hubbys teaching their wifey how to drive.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by adetoru(f): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2010
HEEEEEEEEEEE!T ake it from a woman,DO NOT TEACH YOUR WIFE HOW TO DRIVE!Take her to driving school,if not,there'll be a lot of screaming at each other.Please DO NOT anserw her,ihia! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Pittbaby(f): 8:59pm On Feb 19, 2010
I concur , you go fight tire and you will be eating bad soup for a month grin

hire a part time driver to teach her , or have her go to a driving school
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by geogentle: 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2010
If she has a younger brother that drives, get him to teach her and try not to ask about her progress till she requests to drive you to work. I'm yet to see a husband teaching a wife to drive without quarreling.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Iranoladun(f): 10:13pm On Feb 19, 2010
Your sure best is driving school. They are professional & won't be biased emotionally.

No issue with driving school

AA is a good driving school if you are based in Lagos

Try to convince your wife to use driving school
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Feb 19, 2010
only if you like stress.

if you dont, send her to driving school.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 20, 2010
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by agathamari(f): 9:52am On Feb 20, 2010
i find this topic hilarious. maybe because i taught my husband how to drive

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by N101: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2010
I know of quite a few husbands who attempted to teach their wives to drive, of them I only know of one couple where there weren't any quarrels.  One wife stormed out of the car and left him curb crawling, apologetic and pleading with her to get back in.

However, it seems to work better the other way around, when wives teach husbands to drive.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Mikaela: 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2010
AH ! Good luck. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to teach me how to drive? Why? I'm stubborn. I wouldn't be objective. I'll yell at him if he contradicts me. Go for a professional. : )
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by MrCrackles(m): 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2010
Get her a driving instructor if you can. . .
Honed my girl's driving skills a while back. . . it wasnt always a smooth adventure but we dealt with it nicely. . . . wink
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Snowwy: 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2010
grin Funny! Seeing it was my husband that taught me how to drive. Yeah! we used to argue but that kinda drew us together at the end.
He was so hard on me, putting me on the freeway before I even had an iota of driving confidence shocked Talk about love even till death cheesy
But my driving skills now? Meeeen, don't try me. cool
Our love grew stronger, i learnt to watch my tongue, he learnt patience.
Now we laugh when we think back to those days. God bless Him kiss
Its something both of you should be willing to do. It requires patience, focus and commitment.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by lannre(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2010
I pray I have the patience smiley its funny somehow my wife still tease me whenever I am tired.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by ayeesha: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2010
for where

In my case, i am offering to even pay for myself than have him teach me. cheesy

na fight we go use reach house if we try am!!!
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Leilah(f): 11:56pm On Feb 24, 2010
I am trying to learn now too and I am very nervous.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Feb 25, 2010
Learning how to drive they say is not a difficult experience
But, I'm so scared of learning.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 2:09am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Lol which driving lesson were you learning?
onisekuse omo
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by mamagee3(f): 2:09am On Feb 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Lol which driving lesson were you learning?
onisekuse omo

Learning how to drive but anyways I was taught by a professional.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by netotse(m): 2:12am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

mama-gee:

Learning how to drive but anyways[b] I was taught by a professional.[/b]

*sighing and shaking my head*
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 2:14am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Learning how to drive but anyways[b] I was taught by a professional.[/b]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by mamagee3(f): 2:19am On Feb 25, 2010
FL Gators:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why are you shocked?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 2:21am On Feb 25, 2010
mama-gee:

Why are you shocked?
Did you pay the professional or did he pay you?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by mamagee3(f): 2:24am On Feb 25, 2010
FL Gators:

Did you pay the professional or did he pay you?

It was in a driving school.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 25, 2010
lol ok. smiley
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by netotse(m): 2:27am On Feb 25, 2010
@fl
u see what i mean?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Nobody: 2:30am On Feb 25, 2010
netotse:

@fl
u see what i mean?
She's so innocent it warms my heart kiss
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by ubiaa5(f): 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2010
My hubby taught me to drive a few yrs ago and we guarrelled from beginning to end,i ended up in a driving sch,i was able to drive within a wk after wasting a month in a screaming match with my husband and learning nothing,bottom line dont do it.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Livvvvy(f): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2010
My husband is the patience one. It took him 3 lessons to end the whole thing with me.
Though on one occassion, he insulted the daylight out of me, I only stood there laughing because i know i had no option than to tolerate everything.

It was worth it anyway.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by nnemak(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2010
Its fun, Even if your wify would end up going to driving school just try teachng her , lol.

You must surly yab each other, lol
i remember an experience like dat!!!
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by pimp(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2010
I taught my wife how to drive. It took a lot of patience from me and many lessons for her to perfect the thing especially Reversing the car (reversing was a big deal for her). to be honest, we had our own share of quarrels but at the end of the whole stuff, it was fun.
I would recommend you teach your wife by yourself, be very patient and try to control your outbursts when she starts doing the wrong things,
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by modele2: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2010
My hubby taught me how to drive. Each ride left us boiling over with vex, kai he sabi nag and i sabi vex.

I advocate driving school anyday,

Even till now, when he gets into my car he still complains, and he makes those same errors when he drives sometimes. I am so sure i am a good driver. I learnt with a new car been driving a year and did not even get an okada dent, I try now. Even my friends tell me how sound my driving is.

He loves to complain till now, what i do is i warn him, if it is my car i will not take any comment when i am driving, if not he would drop off or we use his car.

When i want to toast him or when someone else praises my driving, to his ears i say my baby taught me, it makes him proud. Thats the only good part, it strokes his ego.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive! by Akuviv: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2010
My experience was so hilarious and annoying at the same time. When I make mistakes like not trafficating on time, he will scream that is -10 points for you! See wahala o, as if he'll issue a score card. When I burst out laughing, he'll explode! To think I was so patient with him while he perfected his driving angry angry angry Those days (during courtship) I'll encourage him even when other skilled drivers (especially danfo) yell at him to "carry ya motor comot for road abi you wan carry am for head?" Gosh how they forget!

A lot of times I mimic his outburst especially that -10 points and everyone will burst out laughing. cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Teething In Children, What You Should Know ..... / Is It Right For A Wife And Mother To Work? / My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.