Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,115 members, 7,943,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 (18659 Views)

China Begins Export Of Second Hand Cars To Nigeria / Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market Next Year...here's The Detai / Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Codes151(m): 8:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
dumo1:

You dey mind nigeria with copy copy mentality without actually putting existing systems in place for such a feat.
The only company that can achieve this dream is Tesla and that's if they will be allowed autonomous control of power and installation of charging stations themselves and not giving it to one useless nigerian contractor that will never complete the project and run away with their money.
i weep for this country!

I just weak

1 Like

Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Codes151(m): 8:33pm On Aug 26, 2017
Kingspin:
Flood electric car in Nigeria market now so that those of u with oil eye and nose will ceased.
even at that, USA never flood theirs yet, na we want go offer ourself as testing place
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Codes151(m): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
DaimlerBen:

lol

Leave me o
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2017
Codes151:
i weep for this country!

I just weak
I weak pass you bro.

1 Like

Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Kutipete: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2017
Well it is a welcome development.firstly will this electric car bring us out of economic crises? And also were is the power supply to charge It? Is it solar power supply.right now nigeria is a dumping ground for dumped goods and these political scavengers still open hands for such acts.look at kenya for example.they have left us behind.are we not ashamed of ourselves?i can now faint well
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by shotuns: 9:21pm On Aug 26, 2017
Well, our believe in Nigeria is that it may not be possible to recharge an EV at home because of the electricity problem facing the country and seems no visible solution in sight. The voltage isn't stable, sometimes higher and sometimes lower, that is if even available at all. But in a very good economy where electricity is stable 24 hours a day through out the whole year.Electric vehicles can be charge at home for sure and not necessarily have to be at a charging port or specified place.
Here in my city in China. I have three neighbours using electric vehicles and they recharge at home right outside their apartments. My boss uses an EV, she recharges every 2 days at work.
We shall get there one day. God bless Nigeria.

INTERMAN:
What about the charging points and location?. I heard there is only a specified place for the charging just like filling stations.Thos areas uses solar and private power sources.Because electric cars can't be charge at home.It will drain the power and destroy transformers.And there is a special terminal to connect it to a charging point which is not available for private use yet.
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by shotuns: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2017
Haba!! generator keee........A fully charged EV can run for about 300km,at worst 200km before recharging..it also depends on the battery capacity(not the common car battery) and at what speed you driving.

Carter4luv:
Wen travelling to lagos people will start carrying generator to charge there cars wen the ba3 is low.

Aba boys time to do car charger power banks.

Welcome development
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Carter4luv(m): 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
shotuns:
Haba!! generator keee........A fully charged EV can run for about 300km,at worst 200km before recharging..it also depends on the battery capacity(not the common car battery) and at what speed you driving.

I trust my country dey will still carry dere generator to charge there ba3 watch n see
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by promisengr(m): 6:02am On Aug 27, 2017
Codes151:
well, with 15 likes and shares I think some people can relate to my idea!

Since u want to flood your market, ask your sabi Body self wher this idea was first made? And if that country has flooded its market yet?

U want to be used as a test medium abi??

Have u tot about the advantages and disadvantages on the long run?

Well, it's just your opinion Sir

Well, it's good to know that you're happy with the 15 likes & shares, that doesn't change the fact that your post is flawed. Also for your sentence "U want to be used as a test medium abi?? " I'll strongly suggest you read a little on the Tesla car by Elon Musk's firm and the interest its generating . That should open your eyes that no body really gives a hoot about using Nigeria as a test ground for such cutting edge technology. What you're to expect is even for Nigeria to become a dumping ground (as usual) for the conventional vehicles they're using now, when they start phasing them out.
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by promisengr(m): 6:22am On Aug 27, 2017
Nigeria is always left in the dust of development and ever improving technology. Its a shame that some of us even prefer to wallow in it. Anyways I'll direct a bulk of the blame to the government for the intellectual and financial starvation of the populace.
However the citizens are also to blame for allowing and empowering such greedy set of persons to determine and steer their future down this ugly path.
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Kingspin(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2017
Codes151:
even at that, USA never flood theirs yet, na we want go offer ourself as testing place
India, China and some European countries have mark 2020 to 2025 to face out patrol cars. Hey! Nigeria need to get sense now. Let oil gooooo!!!!!!!
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Codes151(m): 7:40am On Aug 27, 2017
promisengr:

Well, it's good to know that you're happy with the 15 likes & shares, that doesn't change the fact that your post is flawed. Also for your sentence "U want to be used as a test medium abi?? " I'll strongly suggest you read a little on the Tesla car by Elon Musk's firm and the interest its generating . That should open your eyes that no body really gives a hoot about using Nigeria as a test ground for such cutting edge technology. What you're to expect is even for Nigeria to become a dumping ground (as usual) for the conventional vehicles they're using now, when they start phasing them out.

i think and still stand by what I said.... by 2020 rather than think about electric cars, basic amenities should be our target first!

I also get your point
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Codes151(m): 7:53am On Aug 27, 2017
Kingspin:
India, China and some European countries have mark 2020 to 2025 to face out patrol cars. Hey! Nigeria need to get sense now. Let oil gooooo!!!!!!!
i know, but I still believe we should set other targets for 2020 rather than electric cars, maybe basic amenities
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Kingspin(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2017
Codes151:
i know, but I still believe we should set other targets for 2020 rather than electric cars, maybe basic amenities
Basic what? It seems you don't know Nigeria and the type of leaders they got? Politics aside, there remain no change in Nigeria.
Re: Electric Cars To Be Introduced Into Nigerian Market By 2018 by Fidha254(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drivers' License Expiration Is Now "5 Years" Says Federal Government / How Much For Golf3 / Have You Bought A Ride From Coutonou? -share Ur Experience Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.