Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,678 members, 7,902,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 10:47 PM

MORNING TEA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MORNING TEA (1682 Views)

Morning Tea For Atheists In The House / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Tells The Story Of How He Once Drank Tea With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MORNING TEA by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 28, 2017
.TOPIC: BENEFITS OF WAITING ON GOD.

Ps 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry."

Most of us hate waiting. We want what we want and we want it now!
However, God has created us to live differently. In order to grow spiritual, we must learn to wait on Him. We must be ready and willing to yield to His timing. We must not have our own agenda but allow God to guide our lives. Only then can we receive His best.

What do we stand to gain when we wait on God?

* It purifies our motives. Instead of acting out in lust, we learn to act out of love and obedience.
* It protects us from unseen danger. God knows the danger ahead of us. We don’t. Giving us what we want now may not fit into the bigger picture of our lives. Sometimes, that can be a danger instead of a blessing.
* It makes us great witnesses of God’s faithfulness.

Well, you and I have three choices when it comes to waiting on God.

1. We can manipulate our circumstances to get what we want. However, this robs us of God’s best and could end in disaster.
2. Walk away from God when we allow our disappointment to turn us from God.
3. We can wait and trust that God has our best interest at heart. Waiting on God requires faith, patience, and humility.

It’s hard not to develop impatience while waiting on God. We tend to fall for the lie that He is unaware of our struggles. But rushing ahead of God is never a good idea. My prayer this morning is that God will engrace us to wait on Him with joy and anticipation, trusting in His best for our lives. The bible says that He acts on the behalf of those who trust Him. It may not be our timing, but God’s provision will eventually come, if we wait

PRAYER: Your best testimony will manifest this week in Jesus Name!!!

Follow Pastor Israel Olorunfemi on Facebook for more information on Morning Tea Daily Devotional.

Have a productive and blessed day!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 29, 2017
TOPIC: IT PAYS TO WAIT ON GOD

Ps 62:5 "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him."

Waiting on God means patiently looking to Him for what we need. David recognized why he had to wait on the Lord. First, his salvation came from Him (Ps. 62:1). He learned that no one else could deliver him. His only hope was in God (v.5), for God alone hears our prayers (v.cool. Our prayers often revolve around asking God to hurry up and bless what we want to do. What if God’s answer to us is simply, “Be patient. Wait upon Me”?

Sometimes we act like the prodigal son. That is, we want things to be done our way. Maybe you are praying for something and it seems God isn’t listening to you. Sometimes if you are not careful, you will give up and doubt God’s power to perform. All things are possible with God. God knows all things and he has set time for everything under the sun. Don’t forget that thousand years is like a day unto the lord. This means your two or three years of waiting maybe five seconds to God. You may try to use your own way(s) to get what you are praying and hoping for but in the end, you will regret for your impatient. Dear, be encouraged to wait patiently for the Lord and He will give you what you are praying for when the time is right. It pays to wait.

PRAYER: I pray that your testimony shall not be denied or manipulated in Jesus Name!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2017
TOPIC: AFTER YOU HAVE DONE ALL

Eph 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

Waiting on God when He has not answered our prayers is one of the hardest thing to do. There are times when we pray with everything in us and we so need God to intervene and yet, nothing changes. Status quo. Silence. At first, it’s easy to pray and wait with great expectancy for God to answer. But as the days and weeks and months and years roll on with no answer, we can begin to wonder whether God is even listening.

What to do at this period of your life is what I'm about yo point out today as we round up for the month:

(1) Don't stop praying. We can be tempted to reduce the intensity of our prayers when the answers we are expecting from Him is not coming as expected. Remember, only those who endure to the end shall be saved.
(2) You must realize that God is at work even when you cannot see Him (Hab 1:5). Habakkuk wondered whether God was listening not knowing that God was working to address the very problems that he prayed about (Hab 1:1-17). Hello, God’s silence does not mean God’s inactivity.
(3) You must be sure that you haven’t rejected His answer. You need to have a genuine answer to this question: "Is God really asking me to wait or am I just looking for a different answer?" Many are stocked in life because they rejected the answer from God because it is contrary to their expectation. Examine yourself!

We shall draw the curtain here for the month. I know you are blessed, share your testimonies with us at: morningteatestimoniesplatform@gmail.com
Happy New Month in advance!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2017
MORNING TEA:
SEPTEMBER DECLARATION

Acts 3:1/"Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the HOUR OF PRAYER, being the NINTH hour."

There's no doubt in mind that God fed us with His word all through last month, and we shall eternally be grateful to Him. It is also my prayer that the fruits of those words will be seen in practical terms in your life this month in Jesus Name. You must know that God is not only interested in blessing you; He wants to make you a blessing. He doesn't want to just lift you; He wants to lift others through you. It is in your lifting others that you are more lifted and in blessing others that you are more blessed.

The Morning Tea of this month is loaded for us. As I was waiting on God to hear the direction He's taking us to this month, He directed me to the above Scripture. The Holy Ghost therefore impressed it in my spirit that everyone who reads Morning Tea devotional should get ready for miracles this month. This is because, God's word is the carrier of every genuine miracle and the Holy Ghost is its Performer.

In line with the above, the month of September shall be our SEASON OF MIRACLES. What is a miracle? (1) It is an extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human knowledge. (2) It is a direct intervention of God in the world. This is what you should expect this month. Peter and John were going into the Temple at the hour of prayer, being the Ninth hour. Number 9 in the Bible is a number of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is the Custodian of Power and the realm of Power is the realm of the miraculous. So expect not only miracles this month but also to be a bona fide carrier of miracles to the life of others.
Happy New Month!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2017
MORNING TEA:
TOPIC: PAY ATTENTION TO GOD’S WORD

Acts 3:5 "And HE GAVE HEED unto them, expecting to receive something of them."

We shall be approaching the theme of this month from two directions. First, we shall be looking at how we can attract miracles in our lives on a daily basis. Secondly, we shall be looking at how miracles can be wrought by our hands. Today's text shows us how we can bring the divine Hands of God to bare in our lives. There are two attributes spoken of about this man that I want us to digest. The verse says: "He gave heed, expecting to receive something."

This simply means he paid attention to them. Distraction is an enemy of miracles. When we talk of miracle, we mean divine intervention on every issue of concern to man. Until you pay attention to God, nothing pays attention to you. If you want the world to stand at attention for you, you must pay close attention to God's word. The miracle wrought in the life of this man drew the attention of all people in his days; the reason is, he paid attention to the Apostles. Until you secure the attention of God, no man will give you his attention.

What are you to pay attention to if you must live in the miraculous? We have the answer in Prov. 4:20. It says: "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings." You must pay attention to the word of God if miracles must be the daily occurrence in your life. Don't be carried away by the happenings in your life at the expense of what is written about you. You must ignore the minor and focus on the major. The minor are what happen around you which are subject to change while the major is what is written about you which is settled forever. To give attention to the word is to keep beholding it and to keep confessing it to yourself and situation. Soon, what you confess steadily will come first in your life. Pay close attention to God's word, there lies the secrets of your miracle!!!

PRAYER: The word of God will pave way for you in Jesus Name
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2017
.MORNING TEA:
TOPIC: EXPRESS YOUR EXPECTATION

Acts 3:5: "And he gave heed unto them, EXPECTING to receive something of them."

Another attribute I want us to examine in the life of this man is the fact that he was EXPECTING to receive something from the Apostles. Expectation they say, is the mother of manifestation. What you don't expect you cannot express and what you don't express you are not permitted to experience it. You need to give expression to your expectation before you can experience it. This is why expectation is vital to your miracle. This man expected something and he receive more than what he asked for.

If you must witness miracles in your life this month, you must set your expectation high and it must be in line with the word of God. What you expect to happen is what is permitted to happen. What you expect to see is what you're permitted to see. Lots are expecting to fail even before they set out in any endeavor; no wonder they ended up failing. You know the expectation of someone on any issue by what he/she constantly express from his/her mouth. What you expect you naturally express from your mouth consciously or unconsciously.

It is not enough to pray, fast or give, you must also expect to receive your rewards. There are many people's rewards in the store room of heaven simply because they won't expect them to be delivered, though they pray, fast, serve and give. In addition, you must do away with negative expectation. If you see yourself reacting negatively to any issue, it's because your expectation is negative. Your reaction on any issue negatively or positively is a product of your expectation. Expect good things to happen to you always no matter what you see, hear or feel. Expect the best from your Father (God). Expect Him to show you the way out of every ugly situation in your life. Expect your miracle today!!

PRAYER: Your miracle is manifesting today in Jesus Name!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 06, 2017
.MORNING TEA:
TOPIC: YOUR SOLUTION LIES IN HIS PRESENCE

Acts 3:2 "And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple."

It is one thing to know that you have a challenge but it becomes a bigger challenge when you don’t know where to locate its solution. The man we've been studying his story for few days now was always laid at the gate of the temple called BEAUTIFUL, yet his life was ugly. He never thought that the beauty of his life could come from the same people he always saw going into the temple. He saw the people going into the temple, but he never desired to go in with them. No wonder he stayed long in that condition. Perhaps, he must have justified this by using his condition.

How true is this in the lives of so many people today? They excuse themselves from "The place" where the solution to their challenges could come from by using their present conditions. The Bible says: “in the presence of the Lord, there is fulness of joy... (Ps 16:11). Never talk yourself out of His presence using your condition. Your condition is the more reason you should seek to be in His presence. It is written: "in the Mountain of His holiness is beautiful for all situations" (Ps 48:1-2). If you talk yourself out of His presence you have automatically forfeited your miracle.

Do you want God to beautify your life? Then, desire to be with Him always through: (1) Fellowshipping with God's people (Heb. 10:25). (2) Living a lifestyle of praise (Ps 22:3; Acts 16:25-26) and (3) Acknowledging Him in all that you do (Prov. 3:5-6), ETC.

PRAYER: I pray for you this morning that you will not miss your season of miracle in Jesus Name!!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Ioseph(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2017
Jesus sucks.
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2017
.MORNING TEA:
TOPIC WORK OUT YOUR MIRACLE

Acts 3:8 "And he LEAPING up STOOD, and WALKED, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God."

Miracles are to be worked out. It is not to be watched but to be worked out. Many are watching instead of working their way to the actualization of their miracles. Remember, the Bible calls it WORKING OF MIRACLE, not just miracle (1 Cor 12:10). The man in the above scripture didn't just jump into his miracle; he worked it out. The Bible says "he leaped, stood and then walked." Lots of people today want to fly but fail to maximize their running stage. How you handle your crawling stage determine when you will walk. How you handle your walking stage determine when you will run and how you handle your running stage also determines when you will fly.

The Bible says: "If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?" (Jer 12:5). You must not wait for a perfect time before taking steps. Miracles don't just happen, they are made to happen. Take that step now, and your miracle will be real in your hand. Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. If this man had not leaped, he might not have stood and if he had not stood, he might never have walked. That idea in your heart is waiting for you to take steps towards it.

You must not wait for signs from somewhere before taking steps towards your dream. Start from where you are with what you can and you will get to where you never imagine you could get to. Your miracle is in your hand if only you can discern what to do.

PRAYER: I pray for you this morning, the step that will lead you to your dreamland shall be shown to you today in Jesus Name!!!
Re: MORNING TEA by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
.MORNING TEA:
TOPIC: YOUR FAITH AND YOUR MIRACLE

Acts 3:16 "And his name through FAITH in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the FAITH which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all."

God is the Giver of miracles. But what pleases Him to release your own portion to you is your faith and not your tears, murmuring or complaining. Your faith is the connecting rod between you and your miracle. Peter said, what made this miracle possible is faith. When faith is not in place, your miracle is not in view. Faith is the currency of the kingdom with which you can buy anything you desire. The Bible says in Mark 11:22-23 "And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall SAY unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and SHALL NOT DOUBT in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he SAITH shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he SAITH."

One major attribute of faith is that, it is a speaking force. Until you address your situation with your mouth, it will keep harassing you. What is faith?
* Faith is displaying of confidence in God in the face of scary situation (Dan 3:16-30).
* Faith believes God will do what He says He would, prevailing circumstances notwithstanding (Rom 4:18-22).
* Faith is your obedience to God's instructions to prove that you believe Him (Gen 22:1-24).

Note: It is faith in His Name and His ability and not in your ability, certificate, connection or smartness. Until you please Him with your faith by taking the steps listed above to prove it, He's not committed to releasing your desire. Remember, faith is fake when you have alternatives or plan B. It is your faith in God that guarantees your miracle.

PRAYER: You shall not see shame anymore in Jesus Name!!!

(1) (Reply)

Dr James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ / Pls Is Money Ritual True? / Do You Believe Charms Exist That Can Prevent Bullet From Piercing The Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.