Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (61351 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) / Hurricane Harvey: Mike Pence Tours Devastated Areas In Texas (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by kazy1979: 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
WIZGUY69:
To the extent they are even rescuing dogs grin
Am impressed with what am seeing.. The official death toll can't be more than 100.. Even with what am seeing here it's still OK...
Rip to the dead. .
Texas is almost the same size as southern Nigeria.. Just imagine that the whole of southern Nigeria is submerged under water like this... O can't imagine what will happen

This natural disaster affected not the whole of texas but some cities like houston, galveston, corpus christi and I think 1 other city.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Why I am so tribalistic is because I hate injustice.and it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that ss and se which are biafrans are marginalized,even though they are the most blessed people in africa.
Perhaps I am a yoruba girl and I speak the truth.

The lady that dreamt about having *** with our Ohamdike (The people know their warrior)?

grin

I cast and bind you.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Jelal0007(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
temmytopsy1:
i love white people, if this happen in nigeria, my people will prefer taking picture
There are no blacks in america abi?
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Nanjerian: 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2017
onyenze123:

Which God? Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Amadioha...?
Wow!! U're smart,YAHWEH
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nanjerian:
Wow!! U're smart,YAHWEH

The you are gonna burn in Islamic hell for not believing in Allah and his last messenger Mohammed (PBUH)

grin
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by LorDBolton(m): 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2017
FisifunKododada:
If its Nigeria now some people will be complaining of bad drainage

Was lekki delta suleja etc floods caused by HURRICANES?

Even south East Asian countries experience krazy flash floods when tropical storms n cyclones hit them

Ordinary rain (that comes 3 months a year) we can't handle!

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by iLickAnalFungus(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Why I am so tribalistic is because I hate injustice.and it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that ss and se which are biafrans are marginalized,even though they are the most blessed people in africa.
Nobody likes injustice. The Nigerian masses are marginalized regardless of geopolitical zone. The elites from all the region are the ones enjoying.. Stop regarding yourself superior to others, because, such will give rise to racial supremacy, as a matter of fact, North Africans are doing better than all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. Lastly, you're not Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Ralph147(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
All these flood affected cars will eventually end up in Nigeria. BEWARE
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
LordAdam:

Ass-licking?!

You do know that floods, occasioned by limited slides are an annual occurrence in Freetown during the rainy season, right?

10+ people (official numbers) died in 2015 from the floods. The Met Agency forecasts for this year were gloomy prior to the mudslide, and no one needs a soothsayer to predict that a mudslide can happen in Freetown. It's below sea level and surrounded by "heavily forested mountain ranges." Combine that with poor urban development and debilitating infrastructure, and it wasn't a matter of if, but when.

The Netherlands has dunes to protect from coastal flooding because of their low sea level. That's called preparing for the inevitable.

Over here we hope on a Sky Daddy to protect our myopic a$$, when we have what it takes to preempt disasters and do the needful to at least curtail the adverse effects... Yet you have the effrontery to call objective criticism ass-licking...

Tomorrow, you'd head to a Western embassy looking for visa.

Your post reeks of disgraceful patriotism.

-Lord
Story!
I admitted our emergency services and precautions are below acceptable. We can absolutely do better. But not by condemning our countries and acting as if the little people do doesn't matter.
If 500 die in Sirrea Leon Mudslide and more than 10 die in US $160bn worth of damage after weeks of warning and their preparations, then where is all their sophistication that you people are busy glorifying?
Talking about your country doesn't make it better, If you want things done better get involved and contribute your best towards finding solution.
The so called developed countries aren't anywhere close to how you people paint them and demonize your own countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by ExInferis(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Was there a map showing the areas that would be affected? Why didn't these people get out of their homes days before the hurricane started?

I just feel bad for the people of Texas. embarassed

Tropical storms can be predicted with fairly great accuracy. The Met office did say Houston was going to be affected. But it's not easy to evacuate hundreds of thousands of people. Some left, others braced up and fortified themselves.

But nature is nature.

So yes there were maps.

Meanwhile Harvey is circling back again and has began battering the Texas-Louisiana border. But it's less a tropical storm and more a tropical depression now.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by planetx: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2017
ICAMETOWIN:
I'm ashamed of myself right now because just weeks ago a deadly mudslide ravaged sierra Leone taking many lives and leaving devastation in its wake and you know what? I never gave more than a passing thought to the news or even viewed pictures of it but here I am lapping up news of hurricane Harvey like my life depends on it.I need to get my priorities right.
That is what something called white supremacy and colonialism have done to the minds of all non whites all over this prison planet called earth, you will love and sympathize with them before your own people and you will do it unconsciously.

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
Jelal0007:
There are no blacks in america abi?

"EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY"!!! Bob Marley. Dont mind them. The white man is a god to so many blacks. Its a pity, such a mentality of ass licking. www.snopes.com/racial/business/ourslaves.asp . You need to read that link title: THEY ARE STILL OUR SLAVE.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Nanjerian: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2017
onyenze123:

The you are gonna burn in Islamic hell for not believing in Allah and his last messenger Mohammed (PBUH)

grin
Mohammed said it before himself before his death that he too does not know his destination, and that if any Muslim does not understand the Quran,they should ask the Christians for the truth. My brother,seek the truth and find it,i am concerned

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by fumiswtpusy(f): 10:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
iLickAnalFungus:

Nobody likes injustice. The Nigerian masses are marginalized regardless of geopolitical zone. The elites from all the region are the ones enjoying.. Stop regarding yourself superior to others, because, such will give rise to racial supremacy, as a matter of fact, North Africans are doing better than all the ethnic groups in Nigeria. Lastly, you're not Yoruba.
Can you help me to know why there is no international airport or sea port in the south south and south east.
Have you ever seen a northern graduate that is jobless before.
I will like to know.
As for me not been yoruba,i wonder if you expect all the yorubas to support the evil done to these biafrans even though they are the back bone of nigeria.there is a judas in every 12.i am a betrayal to the betrayals.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by concho(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

An Igbo man cant be marginalized . We are simply greedy .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by naturefellow(m): 10:47pm On Aug 30, 2017
Explorers:
Before and after.
who remembers this scene in The Walking Dead
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by henrygale(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2017
Nna mehn, c enough tokunbo motor wey go enter Africa (Nigeria) soon wey oyibo go sell as flooded vehicles o for cheap price.
Man has to be watchful o to do business in some few weeks/months time when markit go open!

But, ndi America, sorry nu o, ndo nu. God help us all!

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Anonymous752: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
Huh sad
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by iLickAnalFungus(m): 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Can you help me to know why there is no international airport or sea port in the south south and south east.
Have you ever seen a northern graduate that is jobless before.
I will like to know.
As for me not been yoruba,i wonder if you expect all the yorubas to support the evil done to these biafrans even though they are the back bone of nigeria.there is a judas in every 12.i am a betrayal to the betrayals.
There're indeed Airports in the SS and the SE, they are
1. Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.
2. Port Harcourt airport Nigeria
As for ports, the Lagos port is used for easy tax generation to the government, which is still not optimal, so, once it's perfected, the sea ports in the SS, will be functioning optimally, for now, it can stay local.
I knew quiet a lot of Northerners that are unemployed, in fact, I've many as friends, so, this your statement is completely false.
SS is the backbone of Nigeria's economy not Biafra, I used SS here because, most of the ethnic groups in the SS dissociated themselves from Biafra.
Finally, as for you being a Yoruba or not, is a non issue, I agree if you say so.

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by ManCrimes: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2017
May God help man. They need our prayers. My heart goes out to them.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 11:10pm On Aug 30, 2017
No dirty for road despite the flood. If Na naija, na then u go see shit dey float everywhere
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by fumiswtpusy(f): 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
iLickAnalFungus:

There're indeed Airports in the SS and the SE, they are
1. Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.
2. Port Harcourt airport Nigeria
As for ports, the Lagos port is used for easy tax generation to the government, which is still not optimal, so, once it's perfected, the sea ports in the SS, will be functioning optimally, for now, it can stay local.
I knew quiet a lot of Northerners that are unemployed, in fact, I've many as friends, so, this your statement is completely false.
SS is the backbone of Nigeria's economy not Biafra, I used SS here because, most of the ethnic groups in the SS dissociated themselves from Biafra.
Finally, as for you being a Yoruba or not, is a non issue, I agree if you say so.
Please cross check there is no international air port os sea port functioning in ss or se.
they are been marginalized and we all need to speak up,because we are first human before tribe.and remember an injustice to some somewhere is anjustice to all everywhere.
Out of the betrayals,came a betrayal,betraying the betrayals.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by dinoescobar(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2017
My Ibo brothers are going to tap into this carnage and buy majority of those vehicles and bring dem back to naija to make all the profits possible, I hope most of the Houstons have vehicle insurance to fall back on. My heart goes out to them.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by sonnie10: 11:24pm On Aug 30, 2017
EazyMoh:

Story!
I admitted our emergency services and precautions are below acceptable. We can absolutely do better. But not by condemning our countries and acting as if the little people do doesn't matter.
If 500 die in Sirrea Leon Mudslide and more than 10 die in US $160bn worth of damage after weeks of warning and their preparations, then where is all their sophistication that you people are busy glorifying?
Talking about your country doesn't make it better, If you want things done better get involved and contribute your best towards finding solution.
The so called developed countries aren't anywhere close to how you people paint them and demonize your own countries.

They circumstances are totally different from those in Nigeria. There are people who totally depend on 24hrs functional utilities to survive . They've healthcare worker taking care of them round the clock.

Do you know the number of nursing homes, hospice, ICU assisted living, rehabilitation centers, memorial lost services that are in Houston alone? There are thousands of such facilities in Houston . These places provide service to individuals who otherwise would've long died. They keep treating them, pampering. Patching, doing everything to keep them alive.

Those people are very vulnerable. If they were in Nigeria, , OYO is their case. But instead, they are place in life supports, vents, feeding tubes, oxygen tubes, incubators to keep them alive
You can only imagine what happens when power goes off for a second or their care providers are not able to get to them because of flood.

Secondly, do not look at those figures and budgets as being high because everything is paid for on hourly rate in US. Those emergency personal are all paid on hourly rate.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Innov8ve1: 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2017
egopersonified:
embarassed embarassed

SOS on twitter

explorers posterity will not forgive you if you don't have a blog with all these nairaland
thread

over five hundred people on this thread now

The guy is a learner, he doesnt know he has great talent that can pull much crowd if he owns a blog
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by Innov8ve1: 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2017
America is a country where things work, the government helping its people without any form of bias or controversy involved. But some iidiots were busy forming white supremacist protest somewhere in America a couple weeks ago
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by banmee(m): 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2017
Karleb:
What's with US and hurricane, last year it was Mathew and this year its Harvey.

I wonder why they would give something so disastrous such a beautiful name.

A hurricane/tonado/star/ etc is always named after the person who sites it first.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by yakuza1(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2017
This is bad, it reminds me of that San Andreas movie. Harvey is really mean. Saw what looked like a dealership with all the cars submerged. Can't imagine the loss, not to mention hundreds of displaced persons and the lives lost. Nature can be cruel sometimes.

1 Like

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by banmee(m): 12:06am On Aug 31, 2017
iamnlia:

True talk jare, hundreds died in mudslides but no one cares.
Everyday people die all around Asia and Africa due to bombs and terrorism (created by the west) but no one cares...... If person carry trailer enter crowd, you go see flag and donations everywhere.

You mean in Nigeria? I can assure you, in normal societies, one lose of life is one too much. We care.

3 Likes

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by banmee(m): 12:09am On Aug 31, 2017
planetx:
That is what something called white supremacy and colonialism have done to the minds of all non whites all over this prison planet called earth, you will love and sympathize with them before your own people and you will do it unconsciously.

Lol. Keep blaming the whites for your troubles as a people. That is the solution.

2 Likes

Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by greatman247(m): 12:18am On Aug 31, 2017
If Na Nigeria Now some fools go Don dey shout Buhari, for Christ sake bad things happen everywhere. I just wonder why people will have to tag a natural disaster to a person in this part of the world. Americans are more mature, they know the difference between natural disasters and human error but here in Nigeria we tag everything along party affiliation, ethnicity, religion, etc.

I wish the America better days ahead on this one.
Re: The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) by cyber5(m): 12:19am On Aug 31, 2017
motherfucker:
but why didn't many of them go to neigbouring states before the flood came considering they had the tech to foretell it before it happened?

If na me, I would have left with my most important items 5 days before the arrival.

Sir, God works in a mysterious way. Even weather forecast are not 100% accurate.

Before the flood, they might have thought the rain will just fall and stop normally but the rain was a very heavy one that rained non-stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv / South African Man Loots Love Machine During Zuma Protest / Cameroonian Soldier Kills Army Commander, Then Shoots Himself Dead. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.