Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79949 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 10:19pm On May 23, 2007
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. 2face got it!

C'mon, who doesn't work hard? everyone works hard but who cares how hard u work so long as u're good at what u do. As far as i know, 2face still got it. How u know faze works hard even if he does, that's his personal problem. His job is to inspire people with his songs. Don't get me wrong, he's doin' that in a corny way. "hey am so lonely! help me" "hey, i want to run crazy like never before". lol, anywayz, don't judge anyone. who cares how hard u work? u know d sayin' "it is not so much how busy u are but what u were busy doin'". everyone gotta hustle for his/herself. "gotta fight for urself before u find urself by urself with ur hands up". Just do what u do and do it well. who cares? 2face got it please. grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 10:44pm On May 23, 2007
2faceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by teddyface(m): 11:06pm On May 23, 2007
Faze is good but i think 2 Face is better wink
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 11:28pm On May 23, 2007
2 FACE is better but FAZE is the BEST
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2007
GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

FAZE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 5:42am On May 25, 2007
I'm still trying to find that "thing" that faze has to overthrow 2face thats what I've been waiting for someone to explain to me on this thread. No sentiments here just judging from their works and achievements so far. I actually think its faze fans that are quite sentimental. Mention 2face's achievements and they start screaming "kennis" or they just insult you.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 8:48pm On May 25, 2007
AT THE JUST CONCLUDED NMA AWARD 2FACE AFRICAN QUEEN WAS VOTED THE SONG OF THE DECADE.EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW FAZE IS NOT AN ISSUE IN THE NIGERIAN MUSIC SCENE BUT A NOMINATION WUD HAVE REGISTER HIS PRESENCE.UNFORTUNATELY HE WAS NOBODY THAT NIGHT WHERE MUSICIAN LIKE OBIWON, SUNNY NNEJI WERE DECORATED AS  RECIPIENTS RESPECTIVELY BUT THE HIGHEST POINT WAS THE AWARD GIVING TO 2FACE IDIBIA FOR AFRICAN QUEEN.WHEN TUFACE IDIBIA TRAVELLED TO LONDON FOR TEE-A SHOW YOUR FRIEND FAZE AND BLACKFAZE HAD TO STOP RECORDING BECAUSE "WITHOUT TUFACE THERE IS NO PLANTATION"EEDRIZ ABDULKAREEM.(HOPE U WILL REMEMBER).YOU P'PLE KEEP MAKING THE ARGUEMANT BECAUSE YOU ARE A NOVICE ENTIRELY ABOUT THE SCENARIO.JIMMY JATT IS THE BEST DJ IN NIGERIA AND HE WENT FOR THE BEST RAPPER MODENINE AND THE BEST SINGER WHICH IS 2FACE AND THE RESULT IS THIS LAGOS WEY YOU SEE
SO IS OUR OWN,DIS STREET WEY YOU DEY SEE SO IS OUR OWN,
ALL DIS P'PLE WEY YOU SEE WE LOVE DEM TO OUR OWN,DIS MUSIC WEY WE DEY DO WE DO IT IN OUR OWN STYLEE,STYLEE STYLEE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2007
Tell that to the Marinesdunce
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by kellorah: 12:42am On May 26, 2007
sticking with 2face kiss
he's got it all
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 1:59am On May 26, 2007
stuck with faze,
he's all that musically.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by beambally: 9:26pm On May 26, 2007
can somebody tell me what faze has won locally?before i start to dey kolo,even faze himself said it khaki no be leather,make una no kill the boi wey dey lok for something to eat by comparing with tuface,nigeria music is not complete without mentioning tuface name.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 10:49pm On May 26, 2007
what award has tuface won locally i dnt want to hear shit on african king queen and which people are u relying on 2award awards to the real talents?nigerians? nt al,then u will be misled if u are waitin on them.
if u are nt rascally in music then u'll nt be noticed.that is absurd

i know that those who trully understand music know real artiste wen they see one
i mean akon had to ve faze on his label. need anybody say more?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 10:53pm On May 26, 2007
zigbo:

i know that those who trully understand music know real artiste when they see one
i mean akon had to ve faze on his label. need anybody say more?

U guys are shouting faze and akon, okay where is the CD at least 1 single for us to listen to, without that i want everyone to shout their trap until we hear a song grin grin grin grin. 2face rockkkkkkkk
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 11:05pm On May 26, 2007
faze and akon? so what? Who cares if they sing together. It's not like anybody is gon' know about it here in d states, just in naija. Just like when 2face sang with Wyclef, who heard about it? Isn't wyclef known worldwide? Singin' with these naija artistes to them is like doin' them a favor. nothin' more. For example, that 2face's song "Nfana Ibaga", didn't he sing it with beenie man, who heard about it? and "proud to be african" which 2 face sang with wyclef, why wasn't it showed on 106&park? undecided I once heard this haitian girl at school singin' it and i was like "who sang that song?" and she was like "wyclef". I was like "wow, so someone knows about the song?" (in my mind). She only knew d song 'cause wyclef is haitian and there's no way u won't know a song from ur country for smone who loves their country, u know. So, all this yellin' about faze collaboratin' with faze means nothin'. What happens after that? we shld now start jumpin' up. A lot of naija people claim to do things with artistes abroad but where is it? That still doesn't make them popular here in abroad 'cause, believe me, nobody actually knows them. For example, I keep hearin' actor saint obi acts movies abroad with even american actors/actresses but where d hell are those movies? undecided

anywayz, 2face got it. I insist that faze is annoyin'. tongue
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 11:23pm On May 26, 2007
Omo Eko:

U guys are shouting faze and akon, okay where is the CD at least 1 single for us to listen to, without that i want everyone to shout their trap until we hear a song grin grin grin grin. 2face rockkkkkkkk
that is a childish talk  shocked abeg go and rest,
it took 2face dayz to release a whole albulm bunch of jaggons.
it takes real artistes months to realease a song that makes sense.If your nt sure how true the jist is,go and research,if you care so much.sayin "how sure are u akon signed faze" and bla bla bla. . . is pretty naive.

@chiogo nobody is sayin that the big deal in signin faze is to be hrd in the us, the big deal is his talent was recognised by an amazing singer. FYI it is nt a colaboration it is an employment.
it is a risk to want to promote some african and his music when u are nt quite sure of the person.Akon took the chance becos he knows that it is worth it.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 11:37pm On May 26, 2007
zigbo:

it takes real artistes months to realease a song that makes sense.

yeah, u right but u know that is how naija has always been. They produce a movie in even a week while it takes americans like a year to make one movie.
That is why most naija movies are usually BS! but seriously, I love most of 2 face's new songs "true love", esp. and also for instance. I don't need to watch d video, i just love his voice. so, they're not jaggon to me!

yeah, yeah, akon is an amazin' singer. so is wyclef. employment? lol, exactly what i was sayin'. Akon probably thinks he's doin' him (faze) a favor. who is he that he's employin' him? Isn't it supposed to be like a contract/ like a pact. why is he(akon) bein' d boss? exactly!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by agbola(m): 11:46pm On May 26, 2007
2face baba no lele
2 face is to me the brightest star in the naija music industry, excessively talented wit d voice, d lyrics and
Tayotere:

but like Uthman Dan Fodio said TRUTH IS A WOUND, ONLY TIME CAN HEAL IT, mediocrity can never be compared with ORIGINALITY, this is evident in the poll for the artist that will hold down 2007

I must confess that 2face is GOOD no doubt, but let us all drop sentiment and take an objective look at the 2 of them, 2face is holdin it down now but Faze has more than it takes to overthrow him.

in my opinion 2face has ruled 2007 wit d maddest hits 4rm his album 4 instance, true love, i no send, omo dat album is d bomb.

no doubt faze has the talent and 2 face will hav somtin 2 prove wit his 3rd album which has no Kennis influence, but havin a 2nd album which is better than ur debut is a feat only the best in d game as in worldwide i mean in the caliber of Usher can boast of, no be binz

again pls why do faze's hits always have somtin 2 do wit his beef wit 2face (except kolomental)
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by nomzy(m): 12:17am On May 27, 2007
If you know music you will not compare 2face to faze, Aside African queen, which other song(s) has earned 2face an award? 2face is a good vocalist but that is not all it takes to be a good musician, 2face is lucky to have been well publicised by Kennis music, 2face cannot make a complete sentence without bringing in "pigin english", Even when he is outside the country, He does not have the characteristics(Carriage) of a star he is supposed to be, If 2face cannot express himself publicly, how does he write those songs? The said Africa queen was supposed to be black face's song, 2face didn't write that song, Faze writes his songs, he speaks good english and has a very good carriage like the true star he is, I will not be surprised if the deal with convict(Akons Label) is true because that guy is worth it,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 12:49am On May 27, 2007
yeah, i guess "po po di popodipopopppoooooopo" is english too, huh?. Lol, u guys shld leave 2face alone. I noticed that the most criticized people are ususally d best people. I call it "hatin'". See, "african queen" is not even my favorite song from 2face. "nfana ibaga" is. yes, he speaks broken english. dat's why i love him. Do u ask black americans why they speak street english too? it's 'cause it rocks! that's what's up,ok? they got dem ghetto slangs just like them jamaicans got theirs and naija got broken english. ok, His voice still sounds sexy with that broken english! one love, 2FACE!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 1:00am On May 27, 2007
nomzy:

If you know music you will not compare 2face to faze, Aside African queen, which other song(s) has earned 2face an award? 2face is a good vocalist but that is not all it takes to be a good musician, 2face is lucky to have been well publicised by Kennis music, 2face cannot make a complete sentence without bringing in "pigin english", Even when he is outside the country, He does not have the characteristics(Carriage) of a star he is supposed to be, If 2face cannot express himself publicly, how does he write those songs? The said Africa queen was supposed to be black face's song, 2face didn't write that song, Faze writes his songs, he speaks good english and has a very good carriage like the true star he is, I will not be surprised if the deal with convict(Akons Label) is true because that guy is worth it,
So do you think Tu pac and Biggie speak good english but they are still super star and well known, so stop hating and get a life angry angry angry

zigbo:

that is a childish talk shocked abeg go and rest,
it takes real artistes months to realease a song that makes sense.If your nt sure how true the jist is,go and research,if you care so much.sayin "how sure are u akon signed faze" and bla bla bla. . . is pretty naive.

Listen am not going to waste my time arguing with you because u don't seem to understand what GOOD MUSIC means. shio

@chiogo
Abeg stop wasting your energy explaining to them how 2face is a good artist.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by cuteass1(f): 1:27am On May 27, 2007
nomzy:

The said Africa queen was[b] supposed to be[/b] black face's song, 2face didn't write that song,

Supposed to be?? LMAO. . and what happened?? ooh you didnt ask for that one too. Not good enough.

You're now black face's mouth??

nomzy:

Even when he is outside the country, He does not have the characteristics(Carriage) of a star he is supposed to be, If 2face cannot express himself publicly

I'm aware he isn't the best english speaker, but so what??

I thought he was a "singer", never knew he was a "news reader" too?? Some of these latino stars, can't even speak english at all, and they're still making it

Or you're saying that since "english" isn't his no.1 characeristics, he should throw his talent to the fishes??
Puh-lease, he can't express himself, but whites understand his songs, or he was speaking "latin??

I got "my african queen" ringing tone from a russian girl who thought the song and artist were fantastic, and she on the other hand got it from a norwegian . . if you still think 2face isn't a star, then you need a new dictionary grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by nomzy(m): 1:39am On May 27, 2007
"So do you think Tu pac and Biggie speak good english but they are still super star and well known, so stop hating and get a life "

Even if Biggie and Tupac don't speak good english, when they get interviewed, they speak like stars and not raz people, Giving it to the streets does not have to make you stop developing yourself, 2face should work on himself and he will be a better person, Lyrically Faze is better than him, He has the voice but thats not all it takes to bring in a good music, I am a 2face fan and I like his music but not when compared to Faze, that guy is tha bomb, In less than 2years 2baba will be no where near Faze, Be on the watch out, 2Face does not know how to play any musical instrument and he calls himself a musician. Its just a matter of time, 2Face cannot stand the test of time because he is not a true musician, He doesn't know all it takes to make a song aside his vocal ability, There is no hatin bro nor beef, Give it to that guy FAZE, he has the talent and all it takes,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by cuteass1(f): 1:59am On May 27, 2007
nomzy:

2Face does not know how to play any musical instrument and he calls himself a musician.

Newest development by the "one and only" nomzy - - - - - "you have to know how to play at least one musical instrument, before you can be counted as a "who is who" lol grin

@ topic

I don't know who faze is, neither am i comparing faze to 2face.
Matter of fact, they're not on a competition floor, so compare the songs the poster gave up and keep the critics abeg.

@ nomzy

Whether 2face will make it or not? time will tell . . you don't have to dig him an untimely grave. You said he should go and improve his speaking ablities, right?
Well maybe he's doing just that. Both of them are great artists, fullstop.

Whether its a matter of time before 2face fades or not, he still put out some great records and for that alone, acknowledge him wink
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by rikkyjen(m): 2:26am On May 27, 2007
nomzy:

"So do you think Tu pac and Biggie speak good english but they are still super star and well known, so stop hating and get a life "

Even if Biggie and Tupac don't speak good english, when they get interviewed, they speak like stars and not raz people, Giving it to the streets does not have to make you stop developing yourself, 2face should work on himself and he will be a better person, Lyrically Faze is better than him, He has the voice but thats not all it takes to bring in a good music, I am a 2face fan and I like his music but not when compared to Faze, that guy is tha bomb, In less than 2years 2baba will be no where near Faze, Be on the watch out, 2Face does not know how to play any musical instrument and he calls himself a musician. Its just a matter of time, 2Face cannot stand the test of time because he is not a true musician, He doesn't know all it takes to make a song aside his vocal ability, There is no hatin bro nor beef, Give it to that guy FAZE, he has the talent and all it takes,

And so does Faze plays any instrument too? Dont tell me you are fooled by the guiltar/banjo you see him stringing in his videos . Hope you know dude is just simulating that!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by maree7(f): 3:05am On May 27, 2007
I love faze no doubt, especially that song "loving u every day"

buttttt

for now i wud go for 2 FACE grin- he has so many good songz cheesy
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 3:19am On May 27, 2007
FAZE is da best
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by finnyrolls(m): 4:21am On May 27, 2007
2 faceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee o wink wink
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On May 27, 2007
na faze oh
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by celemel(m): 9:31am On May 27, 2007
I hate comaprisons. Faze is unique and different from 2face. They r both talented musicians and one cannot be 'better' than the other.  They make their different unique songs in ways that inspire millions to listen to them and derive joy.  2face cannot be a substitute for Faze, and vice versa.  People should stop these crazy comparisons.  Yours sincerely loves Tu Face and Faze.  I enjoy listening to their songs, depending on the mood I am in. 

Reminds me of Mikel Obi who said in a newspaper report quote "I am better than Okocha".  This is completely crazy because Okocha and Mikel are talented in different ways and their skills are gifts from God.  They both are good footballers and entertain their fans.  Same for Faze and 2face.  They are good musicians, and have their fortunes made from our listening pleasure. For the lovers of 2face, Faze is not a match.  For fans of Faze, 2face is a beginner!  'Better music', is abstract.  It depends on emotions of the judge.

I only urge them to try and get more serious with their career, put in more hardwork and training.  That is what makes the western stars like Beyonce, P-Didy, Wyclef, Janet Jackson et al remain sparkling and spanking for so long.  They need a lot of more training, dedication, committment and seriousness to remain in contention for long.  We have seen superstars rise and fall in Nigeria.  I cannot forget Majek Fashek, Evi Edna Ogholi, Orits Williki and others in a hurry.  They made music, rose quickly, became household names and suddenly, disappeared!

Goodluck to both of them!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by augiboy(m): 9:41am On May 27, 2007
for me 2face is better. dont care much for all that colo stauff of faze. all seems bit mental to me and does not make much sence but loisten to for instance and u get the message first hand.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by LORD101(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2007
Faze

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (72) (Reply)

Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / = Lets Have Your Complaints And Suggestions Here =

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.