Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,422 members, 7,904,568 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:36 PM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (80169 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by brushparke(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2007
Too face is good talent. Faze is extravagant talent!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Nobody: 10:33am On May 27, 2007
These guys are good in their diferent ways.

But i knew 2face has this special talent in him about 10 years ago when i was a freshman at Enugu state university( ESUT). There was this jingle he did for one radio station in Enugu; in the jingle, he sang more with his soul than his mouth. Uptill date, am yet to hear any song that really came in contact with my soul more than that 2 munites jingle.

@topic
These two guys are good in their latest albums, but i feel 2face sang more with his soul than just shouting all over the place.
On the other hand, i just think that whoever is comparing face to 2face is being sentimental.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Jio(m): 10:57am On May 27, 2007
nuzo:

These guys are good in their diferent ways.

But i knew 2face has this special talent in him about 10 years ago when i was a freshman at Enugu state university( ESUT). There was this jingle he did for one radio station in Enugu; in the jingle, he sang more with his soul than his mouth. Uptill date, am yet to hear any song that really came in contact with my soul more than that 2 munites jingle.

@topic
These two guys are good in their latest albums, but i feel 2face sang more with his soul than just shouting all over the place.
On the other hand, i just think that whoever is comparing face to 2face is being sentimental.

The jingle you're talking about was in 1996 for Kevin Ugwu on FM Enugu,

then it was just 2 & Black and boy did they rock!!

I listen to 2, Black & Faze and don't give an eff who's the best

Why are we so obsessed with comparison in Naija, is it our complex in always trying to prove that we're better than the next person?,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 11:25am On May 27, 2007
@chiogo speaking abt pidgin wat do u think faze sings in, pidgin with a lil igbo somtimes nd offcourse english,so he is real too.

on the akon nd faze thing,there is nothing there in akon being his boss,afterall jay-z is rihanna's boss becos she's signed under his rec.label, i dnt think u rily understand the record thing well, the rela. btw akon and faze is nt the same as that of wyclef nd 2face or benie man is mo like the relationship btw 2face and kennis music.

anyway i think faze is way better in everything eg.his voice,his creativity,his dress sense,the way he carries himself in public, he is soulfull and he is a great song writer and composer ets

i cudnt say the same abt tuface,cos i dnt see it,he jst loud.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 11:28am On May 27, 2007
I second
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mellow(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2007
This is one of the reasons why you guys don't pass exams.

The Original poster asked for thebest among two songs

and you guys went all pumppy. answer the question:

"Independence" or "Grace to Grass"
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 12:41pm On May 27, 2007
@mellow did u read from the page 1 down . . . . 18. the question has been answered now what u are seeing are reasons why people think independent is better than grace to grass. so U, read to learn by understanding what u are reading and dnt cram.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mellow(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2007
Thank you madam for the correction but it

is good to cram once in a while.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Aniomaman(m): 1:50pm On May 27, 2007
zigbo:

@chiogo speaking about pidgin what do u think faze sings in, pidgin with a little igbo somtimes nd offcourse english,so he is real too.

on the akon nd faze thing,there is nothing there in akon being his boss,afterall jay-z is rihanna's boss because she's signed under his rec.label, i dnt think u rily understand the record thing well, the rela. between akon and faze is nt the same as that of wyclef nd 2face or benie man is mo like the relationship between 2face and kennis music.

anyway i think faze is way better in everything eg.his voice,his creativity,his dress sense,the way he carries himself in public, he is soulfull and he is a great song writer and composer ets

i cudnt say the same about tuface,because i dnt see it,he jst loud.

Am with you on that one grin
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by AdeAde1: 3:24pm On May 27, 2007
FAZE 4 LIFE---
2face's got the looks---
He's got the voice ---
And a good record label that has cut alot of corners to give me local and international recognition.
But Faze has got The MUSIC & The RHYTHM---
Give him the kind of push that Kennis Music Has Given 2face and the entire planet would cry FAZE 4 LIFE!!!
Thumbs Up 4 Faze Oh--- Respect!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by AFredrick(m): 3:39pm On May 27, 2007
2 Face is good but Face is better, he is tha DON, fi le ! dont touch it
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2007
You guys keep talking about Akon signing faze but I still wonder why anytime Akon does a countdown for his best african artists, faze is nowhere to be found and 2face is on top of the list. Akon had already said he would like to work with 2face & D'Banj that was even before the faze deal.

For the person that said Biggie & 2Pac talk like stars, what does that even mean? FYI, Beyonce did her last album in a couple of days while she was on vacation, biggie wrote songs in a couple of hours not to talk of 2pac. Artists are generally respected when they can get their work done in the shortest possible time and come out with something incredible. Grass 2 Grace, whether some people like it or not is a great album so the time spent on the album is not something bad but actually something to be proud of. Lets not compare these two 2face is an international star, faze is a local champion (for now).
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 4:26pm On May 27, 2007
A local champion on an International label? hmmmmmm

U can say what u want say
U can do wat u want to do
Lord in heaven knows that
i love e u
But my broda u need to
change ur attitude.

FAZE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by sodi(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2007
I have to give it to independent. faze comes thru on his sophomore album with a lot more versatility than 2face could manage on grass to grace. it's almost as if the answer can be found in the album titles, i.e while faze is declaring his independence and proving he has a post-plantashun career, 2face is more focused on emphasizing the success and acclaim he won on the basis of his first album.

and i agree with baro, local champion my foot!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2007
@ Mr me too

Lets not compare these two 2face is an international star, faze is a local champion (for now).

Maybe you should take a look at the Poll on the top of this thread before blasphemingmay d God of music forgive u
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 4:59pm On May 27, 2007
Oh I'd forgotten faze fans depend on all these polls to prove he's better. Faze is a local champion whether u like it or not. How many people outside Naija know faze, google can answer that question for you. 2face's first album was such an incredible album that people have to refer back to it but Grass 2 Grace is good too so lets not talk like he's hanging to his initial success which he deserves to do by the way (afterall even Micheal Jackson still enjoys accolades from Thriller). What is on independence that makes it that good.? Faze did well but its not a fantastic album like you guys describe it to be. U can't mention naija music in the neck of my woods without someone talking about 2face and in some cases Styl-Plus or P-Square, faze hardly ever comes up. I'm still praying for the guy tho'
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 5:09pm On May 27, 2007
We cares if faze is winning the poll grin grin grin grin what have noticed on nairaland is that people doesn't understand the meaning of good music.
2FACE 4 LIFE, U CAN EITHER LOVE OR HATE HIM, WHO CARE cheesy cheesy cheesy. AT LEAST IS WELL KNOWN EVERYWHERE HE GOES UNLIKE FAZE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:10pm On May 27, 2007
@ Mr me too

Have you listened to FAZE'S first album?
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by NymphoQin(f): 5:11pm On May 27, 2007
who is breaking bottle here angry grin

i prefer faze kiss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2007
Oo pls don't bring that guy's first album here. I can't lie, I haven't listened to the whole album but I liked "faze alone" but I could hardly get through "Angel Gabriella" and if thats a reflection of what was in the album I definitely don't want to waste my time listening to it. Singles are supposed to make you want to get an album those songs didn't do it for me.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2007
Now i see you are MR ASSUMPTIONS TOOu dont know FAZE pls dont judge him
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by NymphoQin(f): 5:28pm On May 27, 2007
hey hey no need to argue, you like apples, he likes pears so let it go tongue
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 5:32pm On May 27, 2007
Go listen to Faze's first album and tell me how you feel itno more assumptions & sentiments pls
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2007
What assumptions have I made about faze's first album? I have no opinion about it simple as that. I haven't heard anything that would make me go pick up the album and listen to it. Believe me no sentiments (not the first time mentioning that) I judge by what I hear.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by NymphoQin(f): 5:41pm On May 27, 2007
silencio
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 6:00pm On May 27, 2007
@Mr me too,

I haven't heard anything that would make me go pick up the album and listen to it.

Funny grin you listen to 2 tracks(and u even liked one) from an album of more than 12 tracks and you say you know how it sounds like already? U b MAGICIAN;I fear you oooooona so una take dey talk wetin una nor know

FAZE 4 LIFE
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2007
Where do u get these things from? I said singles are supposed to be a reflection of an album. What makes people pick up an album? Maybe u just like the artist or in more cases than others you pick up an album from the singles. Again I have no opinion about the album, I never said anything about that album except that I couldn't be bothered about it. I have only said something about 2face's first album which without any dispute is one of the best things that has happened to the naija music scene.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by fstranger: 6:13pm On May 27, 2007
Omo Eko:

We cares if faze is winning the poll grin grin grin grin what have noticed on nairaland is that people doesn't understand the meaning of good music.
2FACE 4 LIFE, U CAN EITHER LOVE OR HATE HIM, WHO CARE cheesy cheesy cheesy. AT LEAST IS WELL KNOWN EVERY WHERE UNLIKE FAZE

Your English is atrocious!!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 6:18pm On May 27, 2007
fstranger:

Another multiple user, now fu ck off angry angry
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by pek(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2007
the problem is not who is better but who do you as a person feel is better. i think it is the issue of acceptability. there is nobody that is not attached to a particular star for one reason or the other. but on the issue at hand, i think i 2face should be ahead in terms of marketatbility. if another person outside kennis music had sang african queen, it wouldnt have been as popular as it was.that shoudnt come as a surprise.that is were 2face has an edge,{promotion}.all in all, after doing a comparative analysis of the two albums, i "think"  faze has morre versatality than 2face. his music has more dimension and spread.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by zigbo(f): 6:36pm On May 27, 2007
fstranger:

i swear

roflmao
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by mrmetoo(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2007
please explain to us what makes an artist marketable? When has doing a good job turned to a bad thing? Your record label is supposed to use their resources to promote you. When you have a project that is has the potentials to make you a lot of money and bring you success it would be stupid and ridiculous for you to sit back and hope. You spend time, money, and energy to get anywhere in this world. If you're under a record label that doesn't believe in you enough for them to hustle for you then you have no business there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (72) (Reply)

Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / = Lets Have Your Complaints And Suggestions Here = / Top 10 Best Hausa Rappers 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.