Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,742 members, 7,882,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" - Music/Radio (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" (79956 Views)

Poll: Vote!

Faze: 56% (180 votes)
2Face: 43% (138 votes)
This poll has ended

Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2007
i love 2 face 4 SENTIMENTAL REAONS. but that doesnt change the fact that he is goooooooooooood, nuff respect to face though .gues he has to settle 4 the crumbs that fall off 2faces table.SUCH IS LIFE.na turn by turn.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 3:40pm On Jun 22, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by MP007(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2007
dont care , FAZE IS AWESOME, 2face is an asshole
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2007
uhhhhhh, no. 2FACE! biko. tongue
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ liar'
i will like to proove some points to you and i hope i will be fortunate enough for you to not only understand but realise the fact.
(1) you judging by the nairaland forum shows how limited your sense of assesment is.in nigeria alone we are more than 140 million not to talk of nigerians in diasporea that are also open to this topic but did not for once visit this wesite.p'ple that visit this website are just like 1/1000000 nigerians that have asses to both 2face and faze music.how come you are using the feedback from negligible number of fans to judge.
(2).in the latest bubbles magazine,this same topic was analyse not by novice like you but by expert,when i say expert i mean one of the major stakeholder in the industry SHESAN ADENIJI the editor of bubbles magazine.according to the magazine the two album are alright but content wise faze was advise or can i say was given suggestion that he has a long way to go.this is a musical magazine that is up for the award of the best entertainment magazine in nigeria alongside hiphopworldmagazine and others in the forthcoming AMEN AWARD.
(3)according to my own findings from the cd hawkers in the shops and street which i challenge you to engage on if you are not ready to accept the result that grass 2 grace is selling faster than independent.you can go to just three market alaba,obalende and oshodi.i'm sure you will be convince.
(4)in the forthcoming AMEN award 2face grass 2 grace has 7 nomination while faze independent has five which i'm very sure d'banj and paul who happens to be his major contender in the categories will make him unhappy that day.
you see many of you are pessimist but unfortunately there are many optimist in here to cushion the effect of ur unfriendly actions towards succesful p'ple like 2face,if you dont know it is a grave sin comparing 2face with faze.
UP TILL NOW WE STILL DEY GO STRONG
WE HOLD ON COZ THE STRUGGLE STILL GOES
UP TILL NOW WE DEY HERE WE DEY GOIN NO WHERE!.(STYLEE)2BABA
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2007
@ KOSIKOSI
i am not 2face brother neither am i a relative but a guy that love good music and also through this forum has a very good opportunity to express my feelings and also educate so many p'ple that know next to nothing about our priceless natural human talent like 2face,d'banj,paulplay,faze,p square and others.2face is from benue but i am a thoroughbred lagosian.omo eko akete ilu ogbon.get that right i'm only chilling with momen 2face coz he gat the talent and the musical skill that p'ple like faze are dreaming of.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by dejahvu(m): 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2007
enough dumb ass people in nairaland, this is for eleshin, 2pac n biggie never won a grammy and they are no doubt the greatest rap stars we know, u are saying something about the editor of bubbles magazine as expert , who made him an expert and nairaland members as non expert?listen to the album btwn the lines 2face is not as intelligent as faze musically for example we have songs like alphabetical luv,tatto girl on faze's album.thats to intelligent for 2face to compose and we have dumb songs like e be like say, pls tell me if that was a love song or a political song, instead of carry our money to they go france[its switszerland], 2face like rhyming and makin nonsense statements,
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by dejahvu(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2007
check out stylee, i think the song was about what happens in lagos, but 2face was giving us his lifestyleeeeee, while modenine was doing the right thing, soonest faze will overtake 2face.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 1:31am On Jun 25, 2007
Faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by jejelolatu(f): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2007
i dnt see any reason why we have to keep discussing this issue, take a walk down streets,markets ,shopping complexes and almost everywhere ,one song that is predominant among the other songs being blasted frm speakers is 2face.so lets celebrate our own. the industry is big enuuf to accomodate face ,2face and many more.no be fight,for now,2face is thebest. and we all knw it.just for the recs i bought a faze cd and though i wasnt disapointed , i believe the guy needs to work on his lyrics. lets just drop this issue. they are both good . though,its all abt 2face.hes making all the money and popularity.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Femex(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2007
Yo yo yo yo yo, hold up guys!!!! What's with all the hate? We've got two extremely talented artists here, very few countries can speak off, so lets celebrate our own as someone said earlier. That guy that mentioned, E b like say. Tell me does that sound like a love song to u? Nevertheless, u just know u want to sing along when u hear it anyway. Although i'm not in Naija ryt now, im sure if u go to a party, u will hear "kolomental" fo sure and i'm pretty sure u'' hear "No Shaking" too. I think it's time we get behind these guys and stop saying faze this, 2face that ok! Let's not forget, these guys were in a group together and have just recently re-united, so they have helped each other along the way somewhere. My guys, na ur eye u go sharpen, No shaking, notin dey happen, dance nonscence make e no make sense. Peace Out!!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Tunes: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2007
whoa u guys are still on this topic, Its lovely

Anyways for the 2face and Faze fans that enjoyed "No Shaking", please go and vote for the producers of the track at www.nigeriaentawards.com go to Nominees and then click vote and the category is No. 20, Int'l Producers of the Year, and the name is Mictunes.

And of cuz i am one half of MicTunes, Thank you and God Bless, and with ur prayers and support, we will continue to elevate the music.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2007
@ dejahvu'
you are a little bit misinformed,tupac won a grammy 4 carlifornia love and biggie was on his way back to new york from the staple center in LA where he went to receive his grammy when he was killed.this shows you dont even know anything about hiphop you're just bragging like an happening guy,unfortunately you are lighter than feather.
i still stand on my statement that shesan adenijy is not just an expet but a major stakeholder in the industry.it seems you dont understand what i'm talking about.bubbles magazine is an entertainment magazine that merit the nomination of the forthcoming AMEN award which is one of the best award in nigeria.it takes not only reading mass comm. but knowing your onions before you can become the  editor of such an a-list magazine.well in this forum there are many p'ple of hidden identity but i'm sure most of us are passive stakeholder.you know the most unfortunate thing that is tearing your heart apart is the notion of the editor favouring 2face grass 2 grace and more unfortunately you are not in the position to question  the expert edge because you are a novice entirely. although replying to ur submission makes me waste my time.'e be like say' is a political song that orientate the electorate about the cunning and shady ways of politicians,an album goes beyond only love songs rendition my brother.you even said 2face is not as inteligent as faze.if  your own meaning of unintelligence is making money just as2face is doing,if it is all about popularity as 2face is this popular, then i want to be unintelligent.because i dont see a reason while in your own chamber of intelligence will think 2face that is wealthy,popular,succesful in his chsen career than ur 'intelligent) faze is a dumb.YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU DONT POSSESS THE INTELLECTUAL ABILITY AND THE NEEDED EXPERINCE IN THE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD TO BE IN THIS PART OF THE FORUM,you may find another room that talks about ttopic that require less intellectual contribution.
@ tunes
i just delivered my expensive vote for you because you are a great nigerian in diaspora that produce great track (no shakin) for the greatest musician in africa 2babababababaaababaab
fire gwan all 'em p'ple wey no like better thing boom!
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Liar: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2007
Ok  let's assume "Almighty", "Expert" Sesan Adeniji (BUBBLES) voted for 2face, this will only bring the poll to 2face-72 Faze-80,  i still go with FAZE It's the votes counts.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ liar

i did not say shesan adeniji voted for 2face.he only express his own feeling which to a very large extent counts a lot considering his pedigree.why are you too keen on this poll?are you saying the poll is the expression of all nigerians that are open to the 2 musicians.i know you are good fan of faze but let your conclusion be logical brother.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Liar: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2007
What could be more logical than the  RESULT OF THE POLL  that is open to all nairalanders; which is a microcosm of Nigeria and beyond. Except you are accusing Iwu Seun of rigging it .
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2007
Difference btw love-vendor and SUGAR DADDY
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2007
@Liar
am sorry but the result of the poll doesn't matter. If u noticed, i've been supportin' 2face all along but i never bothered to vote. I just did. U shld know by now that not everyone on nairaland is Nigerian. Anywayz, 2face still got my vote. don't care about the poll.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by eleshin(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
@ liar
you kind of too funny and i love your spirit by sticking to ur gun,well faze is ur choice and ur reason is the result of the poll.the poll is not about grss 2 grace and independent but about 2faze and faze.i am nobody to question ur opinion on that so keep chilling brother.have you heard that 2face and d'banj have been confirm to perform alongside shakira ,UB40,john legend and other stars like beyonce and kelly rowland in the forthcoming THISDAY music festival.although there are still room for other nigerian acts to lobby their way in even though they will be performing for free, but right now 2face abd d'banj had been officially confirmed for the july 15th and 16th grand hiphop occassion.if all your noise about faze is anything to go by,i think he shoud make the merit list because in the history of africa not nigeria now, THISDAY music festival paraded the highest number of international hiphop artist.i congratulate the likes of d'banj,2face,sola idowu,majek fashek,KSA,seun kuti that partcipated in the last edition in arrears and also heartily congratulating 2face and d;banj in advance for being part of the historical event.this is a more reliable evidence than the nairaland poll. 2face has been holding us spellbound from 2004 and up till now we are still under his spell.it is unfair to be comparing these two guys,one is good enough to win the nairaland and other poll while another is good enough to merit international award like mtv,kora,channel o etc.one is good enough to stare in the tasty fried chicken children's day party while one is good enough to be on the same stage with beyonce,jay z,50 cent,buster rhyme,snoop doggy, even bless the mic with wyclef,bennie man reggie rockstone and host of others.if you dont anybody out of these two fellas and you are to choose ur favourite unless if you are not a patient of yaba left side i'm sure you wont settle for LESS which happen to be the middle name of faze if compare to 2face.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by danniecool(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2007
Faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2007
2face
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 12:48am On Jun 28, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by OmoEko1(f): 12:50am On Jun 28, 2007
We all know that 2face is a good singer so why are 2face fans stressing themselves over fazegrin grin

2face rockssssssssssssssssssss
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by ayefele200(m): 5:50am On Jun 28, 2007
faze
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by Baro(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
@ Eleshin
(4)in the forthcoming AMEN award 2face grass 2 grace has 7 nomination while faze independent has five which i'm very sure d'banj and paul who happens to be his major contender in the categories will make him unhappy that day.
These are the categories where FAZE & 2FACE where nominated in the upcoming AMEN AWARDS, Please Eleshin stop all this your misrepresentation of facts and misinformation, its not the best, stop lying and change your ways,  They are both ours

MOST POPULAR SONG

Kolomental - Faze

Why me- D Banj
Ijoya - Weird Mc
Infinity - Oliri Oko
Paul Play - Angel of My life
Ekwe - Stereo Man

BEST MALE VOCALIST

Faze
2face

Sammie Okposo
Paul Play
Segun Obe
Soul E
Obiwon

BEST COLLABORATION SONG

True Love - 2face & VIP

Bizzy body - P-square & Weird MC
Obodo - Nigga Raw & Klint
Cry - Mode9 & Nneka

BEST R&B VOCAL PERFORMANCE(MALE)

Faze

Dare
Styl plus
Paul Play
Soul E

BEST R&B SONG

True love - 2face

Escalade - Dare
Drives me crazy - Styl Plus
Forever - Paul Play
Onyinye - Obiwon

BEST R&B ALBUM

Independent - Faze

Hitsville - Paul Play
From Me 2 u - Dare
Off Da Hook - Sunny Nneji

BEST POP ALBUM

Grass to Grace - 2face

Mr Funky - Jazzman
Rundown - Dbanj
Da Remix - Psquare
After Da storm - Wierd Mc

SONG OF THE YEAR

Kolomental - Faze
For Instance - 2face

Ijoya - Wierd Mc
Dbanj - Why me
Angel of my Life - Paul Play
Infinity - Olori Oko

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR (CONTEMPORARY)

Kolomental - Cabasa
For Instance - OJB

Paul Play - Angel Of My Life
Olori Oko - Sunny Steve
Why Me - Don Jazzy

ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Independent - Faze
Grass to Grace - 2face

After da Storm - Weird Mc
Rundown - Dbanj
Hitsville - Paul Play

ACT OF THE YEAR

Faze
2face

Dbanj
Paul Play
Weird Mc
SOURCE ; ENCOMIUM WEEKLY PAGE AI4 & 15, TUESDAY, JUNE 26TH 2007

From my simple arithmetic skills , its obvious both got 8 Nominations each

Some of  2faces' nominations must have even been influenced by Kenny who is in the awards board alongside Efe Omorogbe, Wale Oluwaleimu, Tokunbo Modupe, Charles O'Tudor, Sunny Neji  http://allafrica.com/stories/200704300540.html

AS AT PRESS TIME FAZE WAS IN SOUTH AFRICA SHOOTING DEAF VIDEOS NOT ALL THOSE CHILDISH HYPE AND TRASH http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=81798
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by chiogo(f): 11:19pm On Jun 28, 2007
^^^^^^^^ who cares?

*sighs* 2face.
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by 9ja4eva: 12:18am On Jun 29, 2007
FAZE na d man
Re: FAZE "Independent" OR 2FACE "Grass 2 Grace" by naijabelle: 6:02am On Jun 29, 2007
i no hav both their albums and so for i think their equally good. They both have their various strengths and weaknesses. But u cannot compare them, their to different.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (72) (Reply)

Shakira's New Video: Hips Don't Lie / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive / = Lets Have Your Complaints And Suggestions Here =

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.