Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,188 members, 7,887,442 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Must I Do To Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Saved? (741 Views)

Must I Dedicate My Car In The Church? / All People Must Be Subject To The Authority Of The Pope In Order To Be Saved / Re-must I Pay Tithe To Get To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Must I Do To Be Saved? by abc4lyf: 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2010
Brethren pls tell me wat I must do to be saved from the forth comming anger of God.I truelly want 2 make heaven my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Richiboy: 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2010
do you have a church? if no find yourself 1 & if yes  ask him,
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by abc4lyf: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2010
I have church already, but u should know dat it is not all about church but something morethan that.u can call or txt me tru 08034420879 or abc4lyf@gmail.com
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Dolemite(f): 7:42pm On Feb 22, 2010
Please don't waste your time in the church trying to get saved. . . there is no God or Devil.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jagunlabi(m): 7:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
Why don't you try bribing your wrathful god with all the worldly wealth that you possess?That might stop him from baying for your blood . . .
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by mabell: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2010
if you are truly sincere, you can say the prayers below:
" O Lord God, I come to you in thes Name of Jesus Christ. Your word says,", whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord Jesushall be saved" (Acts 2:21)
i ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord f my life. I recieve eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved", I declare that I am saved;I am born-again; Iam a child of God! i now have christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!n(1 John 4:4). I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!
Congratulations! you are now a child of God!
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by abc4lyf: 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2010
CALVARY GREETINGS,
I''m very grateful 2 all of u dat have come 2 my aid most especially those that have take their time & resources to touch my life,may Almighty God bless u all in Jesus Name Amen! Moreover, I also need ur prayers.Remain Bless 4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Snowwy: 4:49pm On Mar 04, 2010
Hello ABC4LYF,
This would greatly assist you in understanding Christ's love:

http://www.higherpraisetube.com/video/919/Christian-Videos-Lifehouse-Everything-Skit
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2010
Accept Him as your personal lord and savior, and He will not cast you out
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by alimat2(f): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Poster

Its not about going to church or accpting him as your lord or whatever but forsaking your past sins and living a righteous life thereafter, U can accept him as your everytin and still being a fornicator, liar,womanizer etc.
there are soo many church worms dat still commit sins, so sins is d barrier between u and making heaven
For u to see heaven u need to fly frm sins
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by kolaxy(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2010
@abc4lyf,

How are you? Hope you are growing more and more in the Lord! In addition to some of the above positive responses, I want you to know that, God loves you and desires that you experience Joy, Peace, and the Abundant life. This life is in God's only begotten Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord!

The Bible Says,

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believth in him should not perish, But have Everlasting Life.

John 11:25

Jesus Said unto her, I am the ressurection, and the life: He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.

John 10:10
, I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Just keep believing in him and keep your trust in him. You are on the right track my brother,

Peace wink
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by KunleOshob(m): 7:50am On Mar 05, 2010
Please note that believing in Jesus is not just believing in his name or his deity but more importantly believing in his teachings and putting them to practise.

My two cents grin
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by infoweb(m): 11:02am On Mar 05, 2010
Good day dear one,

I am delighted to see a thread of this sort on NL, and God has a purpose to causing it to come forth through you.

I see it as a great question that people must ask so as to do the needful, then be saved.

In God's wonderful words of life, several individual / group of people asked same question and were told of what to do, many gave heed to what they were asked to do and were saved.

Search the scripturre, In acts 2:37, after Peter ministered the word to the people, the people allowed the to bring transformation to their heart, littlewonder they asked, what must we do to be saved.

Our mediator, Jesus was asked same question, In Matt 19:16, someone came to him and asked, what must one do to have eternal-life (Be saved), Jesus to him of the needful thing to do.

You have asked the same question, if you will sincerely and faithfully take heed the the injunction of God's word and do same, you will indeed be saved. In Rom 10:13-14. Call upon God in sincerity and you will be saved. Its not just by belonging to one denomination or the other, but it is necessary that you belong to a church so as to be a blessing to the church and be blessed.

For you to be saved, you must be born-again via the incurruptible word of God, and not for filthy lucre.

Watch before you chose a denomination, If you become born-again in sincerity, God's Spirit will lead you to the right denomination meant for you. People tend to belong to denominaton where they will hear the kind of messages they want and not messages thay will expose their wrong deeds to them because they are not born again as in 2Tim 4:3-4.

So cleave to God and it shall be well with you.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by jagunlabi(m): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2010
abc4lyf:

Brethren pls tell me wat I must do to be saved from the forth comming anger of God.I truelly want 2 make heaven my home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To receive salvation, or "to be saved" as you put it, the first thing to do is to rid yourself of religious dogma.That is the very first step that you must take.Without taking that first step, you don't stand a chance of salvation.

That is my advice to you as a non-christian/muslim.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
Its my joy to find out that we still have people here who are willing to know Jesus.

@abc4lyf and those who are willing to know him the more, I just want to let you know that there is a better experience than just being saved and that experience is being sanctification. When you are sanctified, the tendency to commit sin is absolutely taken away by God. Note that does not take away you own personal will that is why we must always watch and pray over our life. To continue doing God's will, you have to constantly ask for his keeping grace because His grace is sufficient for we all and that is what has kept me ever since I gave my life to Jesus on 02/02/2010. 1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

All you need to do is to:
1. Pray and ask God to purify your hearts and
2. Believe His promises that He has don it

How to live the Christian life.

1. Believe the gospel and the entire Word of God at all times, and WALK IN THE LIGHT OF GOD’S WORD AS YOU RECEIVE IT [/b]John 1:7.

2. Walk by faith in newness of life not by feelings or what
your sight or environments suggest to you; [b]“THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH”
Hebrews 10:38,23.

3. READ THE BIBLE DAILY. Meditate on it day and night to feed and nurture the spiritual life (Psalm 1:1-3; 119:105; 1 Peter 2:2).

4. PRAY TO GOD DAILY as your heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Cast all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you (John 16:23-26; Philippians 4:5,6; 1Peter 5:7).

5. Keep your mind stayed upon God (Isaiah 26:3). GROW IN GRACE DAILY (Philippians 4:8; 2 Peter 1:4-11).

6. Recognise at all times your own weakness as well as God’s strength and keeping power. FAITH IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD (1 Corinthians 10:12,13; 1Peter 1:5; 1John 5:1-4).

7. AVOID TEMPTATIONS AND SHUN EVIL
COMPANIONS. RESIST SIN AND SATAN. Make friends with God’s people who understand and also have this same experience of conversion and endeavour to be a blessing to them and all others (Psalm 1; Proverbs 1:10-16; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8,9; Romans12; 1 Corinthians 13; Colossians 3:5- 10).

8. JOIN THE FELLOWSHIP WITH THE PEOPLE OF GOD so that you can be helped to grow in this new Spiritual life. Make sure you join a Church that can assist you to live a victorious, holy life, and make you best for God (Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 28:19,20; Hebrews 13:17,7; James 5:14).

9. CONFESS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST FREQUENTLY AND DAILY AS YOUR PERSONALSAVIOUR. Matthew 10:32.
Be busy at winning souls to Christ as you have been won to Christ. Be occupied in “turning many to righteousness” at every opportunity, wherever you are (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3; Mark 16:15).

You can call me at Night through 08065991474 and I will be ready to search the scriptures and pray with you. God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Saved? by kvolander: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
My brother, i thank God for you for taking the decision to follow Jesus.

I want you to know that the host of heaven i very happy with your decision.

I will like to invite you to visit this website to stimulate to born-again christian life. Just read them one-by-one.You can either read or listen to each of the revelations using MP3 (windows media).

http://www.divinerevelations.info/

And also try to spread the message to as many as possible because Jesus is coming very very very soon.
God bless you real good.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Freedom – The Key To Societal Freedom / What Will You Do As A Christian? / Atheists, What Do You Think About Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.