Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,843 members, 7,906,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:39 AM

Suggest What The Police Should Do To Truly Serve And Protect. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suggest What The Police Should Do To Truly Serve And Protect. (748 Views)

Nigerian Drug Dealer Arrested In Thailand After A Hot Chase By The Police(pics) / Nigerian Police Should Use Helicopters To Ransack Forests In Search Of Ritualist / Robbers Force Victims To Serve Them Food During Attack In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suggest What The Police Should Do To Truly Serve And Protect. by iukpe: 5:21am On Feb 23, 2010
I feel very sad every time there is report of crime, robbery, assassination, kidnapping or a hit and run accident, and the final news is that the culprits got away without a trace.

I believe every Nigerian dreams of a day when he will have a police force at his disposal able to protest and truly serve.
In developed states a police officer is most likely the number one person you would turn to in case of trouble or if you simply need information or you have lost your way. they are observant on duty and would most likely walk up to you to offer assistance if they observe you are wondering or confused.

There are still a lot to be done though i can say for example, that Port-Harcourt city has a fairly commendable response arrangement to emergencies but there are still lapses when it comes to tracking criminals on a getaway and how passers by may be treated when the police arrives a crime scene. The result is that people will run when police arrives and they never get to collect eye witness statements if they do not make arrests.

My suggestions will be to train a more public friendly team of police officers to be on our streets, employ simpler patrol vehicles than the hilux trucks in use today. Provide more surveillance police officers on the streets in uniform with portable communication equipment.

The most important thing not under police control is provision of more street lights in our city streets, eliminating most dark areas at night.

Every police vehicle or van should be fitted with an updated GPS reciever.

The police need to be more friendly, and treat citizens with respect, this is how to get closer to information about crime.

(1) (Reply)

Britain Deports Its Five-gold Medal Nigerian Hero / Website Dat Posts Picx Of Actual 419ers! / Does R*A^P"E Qualify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.