Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,943 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:37 AM

How To Recover Your Stolen Handset Easily - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Recover Your Stolen Handset Easily (437 Views)

How To Find Your Stolen Or Lost Android Phone Easily / How To Recover Your Stolen Laptop With Free Lockittight Service / How To Recover Your Stolen Or Lost Samsung Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Recover Your Stolen Handset Easily by Naijatwist: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2017
You’re having a night out. With dinner down the hatch, you’re walking down the street with your sweetheart to the next destination. You reach into your pocket to pull out your phone, when that feeling hits the pit of your stomach: your phone is missing. Did you leave it at the restaurant? Or maybe at home? Did someone steal it? Your mind races. You have no idea.

Apple users have “Find My iPhone”, but is there a “Find My Android” function for Google folks? Fortunately, there is: it’s called Android Device Manager, and with it, you can track your phone so you can hopefully get it back.
How to Find Your Phone Using Your Computer
There’s a good chance you’ve stumbled across this article after having lost your phone, so instead of telling you what you should’ve done before losing it, let’s get right to it: you want to know what to do right now.
The good news is that you can quickly find your missing handset with Google’s Android Device Manager, even if you don’t have the app installed. Grab your computer (if you don’t have your computer, see the next section), connect to the internet, open Chrome, and make sure you’re logged in to your Google account (seriously, this part is crucial). Type “Where is my phone” in Chrome’s omnibox. This will do a search, and Google will automatically load a mini Android Device Manager window inside of the search results. During my testing, I found this little box to be pretty hit and miss in terms of accuracy, so for the sake of finding your phone quickly, go ahead and hit the first link: “Android Device Manager.”

http://www.naijatwist.com/2017/08/how-to-find-you-lost-phone-with-this.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

4 Simple Ways Of Improving Your Tech Knowledge / 5G Is Closer Than You Think With MTN Successful Testing. / Youtube Monetization Policy 2018 Is A Huge Disappointment To Small Creators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.