Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:18 AM

Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games (31207 Views)

Barcelona Lose 3 Consecutive Home Games In A Season For The First Time / Premier League: Liverpool Make History, Lose 6 Home Games In A Season / Liverpool Loses 5 Consecutive Home Games For The First Time In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by thekoko007: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2017
jcgodfrey:
The comments here sha, lol. Most of y'all don't understand football anyways.
Oliseh's problems during his time coaching the Nigerian national team was partly due to the NFA, but then this is nothing new. And he has high standards that some of these players are too lazy to comply with. A pointer that these generation can't get anywhere close to Oliseh's generation, and you can tell even from the clubs they feature for. Iwobi's Arsenal isn't comparable to Kanu's Arsenal, just saying.

2ndly, coaching a European club, albeit 2nd division, and Fortuna is a relatively stable club out there with a sizable fanbase, is very tough for an African to secure. Even black coaches complain they get sidelined for EPL jobs all the time. Partly racism, ofcouse. So, Oliseh deserves the commendation. And the way it works is, if he's succesful @Fortuna, in 2 seasons, the Feyenoords and PSVs can come for him. And in Donald Trump's words, that's HUGE!!!

P.S. I really miss the old super eagles, watching Oliseh crying @that 2000 nations cup final loss to Cameroon. Guys were full of heart back then. I hope these new guys atleast make it to the last 8 @Russia. Time will tell.
Mr spokesman you don try
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by babyfaceafrica: 8:03am On Sep 03, 2017
nemynely:

I highlighted the above portion cos I beg to differ. If only we had more people like Oliseh who would stand up to the authorities that be whenever they are not getting things right, things would hav been better. In this country we believe so much in the "naija" way of doing things instead of the "right" way.
NFF thought they had hired another one of their usual "suffering and smiling" hungry employees, little did they know that OLISEH was and is an outspoken, forthright man with his own means!
Once more, I salute his courage and wish him more successes beyond his wildest dreams, amen.
everything in life cannot be solved with force and gragra....God bless nigeria
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by vislabraye(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:
Winning 6 consecutive home games and he is celebrating!

Many Nigerian club coaches have done more than that. Home game is the surest to be won.

He deserves some credit at least.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by charlesobike(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:

Many Nigerian club coaches have done more than that. Home game is the surest to be won.

Like who? That's hate speech
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by ufuosman(m): 8:50am On Sep 03, 2017
Congrats
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Teacher1776(m): 8:51am On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:

It said he is the first coach in the history of that club to achieve that feat. So its worth celebrating.
Try and appreciate someone's achievement for once. We criticise too much in this social media age.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by 0nyedikachukwu: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2017
he won six straight home games, not in Nigeria, but in Holland. he was the first to do so in the club's history. why won't he celebrate? how many African coaches do you see that handle teams in Europe?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by comodo: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2017
Talking of failure, what's the yardstick for ur measurement?? Is it matches won or matches lost or his dressing room management or players relationship?? Or just pure hatred
ofuonyebi:

Oliseh failed woefully as Super Eagles Coach and resigned to avoid further embarrassment..

Why did he NOT simply apply for a third division side here in 9ja like the Dutch team he is now coaching?

Anyway, he has learnt his lessons in a bitter way that, a little boy does NOT imitate a man like the 'Big Boss"

by biting more that what he can chew!
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by GoldNiagara(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2017
No be ipod, if we dig into facts now, you will discover it is all hot air.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 03, 2017
King4Roller:
No be say i go begin add you for ticket you go come begin serve okro.

Lmao.

No go there oh. I no dey try anything African for my ticket. Coaches, Teams, goalscorers
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by kareemkamil(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2017
Pls, can someone translate what Olishe is saying to French to me.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Tecno66: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:

Oliseh na coach? He do gragra as Nigeria coach, drive keeper Onyeama, collect 3months salary advance, when he see say things no be as he dey take mouth analyse am for television and Nigeria no go qualify, Oliseh run leave Nigeria. He no put am for internet that time. Abeg.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by nemynely(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
everything in life cannot be solved with force and gragra....God bless nigeria

Sorry but you may be hitting Oliseh harder than deserved bro. Believe me when I say I used to be an insider and privy to the heap of rot resident in the sports sector, NFF in particular.
Please does it make sense for:
-A coach to be owed when sports officials/administrators junket around in most times business class, receiving estacodes, salaries and allowances promptly?
-Tools and resources a coach and his team need to excel are denied them under whatever guise?
-training camps, schedules, friendlies are cancelled arbitrarily?
-camp allowances, bonuses, after-competition promises not to be paid or fulfilled? Ask 1985 U17 & 1994 Eagles.....
-players to be imposed on a coach?
Just to mention a few.
Amodu & Keshi (of blessed memory),Chukwu, Egwuavoen, Siasia, Amunike etc all chose to play it cool with the NFF and see where it landed them. Is it not painful that Amodu & Keshi are still being owed in their graves?
Haven't you noticed that force is the language authorities in naija respond to? Eg ASUU, Doctors, NUPENG strikes etc.
Oliseh understood this, and being more literate than most NFF Officials, spoke out and quite articulately against NFF tyrany and gross incompetence. Would you hav preferred he kept quiet like the others?
I still maintain that until his likes are more in number in this country, every prayer me, you and a host of others have made concerning this country would best be described as "faith without works"
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Winning123: 12:57pm On Sep 03, 2017
Nutase:
That must be there own otondo united fc grin

Lol
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Eomoso(f): 3:42pm On Sep 03, 2017
Good for you Olise.
Keep it up and win the league
bye
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by injurybaba(m): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2017
Ok oo I will play them for bet when next d 're at home
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by sayisayi(m): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2017
Tolexander:

Please don't compare fixed naija do or die games to competitive games in Europe....talk say u tink everything na PS4 ABI!
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by sayisayi(m): 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2017
[quote author=nemynely post=60088377]

Sorry
Amodu & Keshi (of blessed memory),Chukwu, Egwuavoen, Siasia, Amunike etc all chose to play it cool with the NFF and see where it landed them. Is it not painful that Amodu & Keshi are still being owed in their graves?

Was in Lome in Feb 2017...togolese revere keshi so much. Said their stadium was always full under his teams
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Stanleywaxy(m): 1:24am On Sep 04, 2017
jcgodfrey:
The comments here sha, lol. Most of y'all don't understand football anyways.
Oliseh's problems during his time coaching the Nigerian national team was partly due to the NFA, but then this is nothing new. And he has high standards that some of these players are too lazy to comply with. A pointer that these generation can't get anywhere close to Oliseh's generation, and you can tell even from the clubs they feature for. Iwobi's Arsenal isn't comparable to Kanu's Arsenal, just saying.

2ndly, coaching a European club, albeit 2nd division, and Fortuna is a relatively stable club out there with a sizable fanbase, is very tough for an African to secure. Even black coaches complain they get sidelined for EPL jobs all the time Partly racism, ofcouse. So, Oliseh deserves the commendation. And the way it works is, if he's succesful @Fortuna, in 2 seasons, the Feyenoords and PSVs can come for him. And in Donald Trump's words, that's HUGE!!!

P.S. I really miss the old super eagles, watching Oliseh crying @that 2000 nations cup final loss to Cameroon. Guys were full of heart back then. I hope these new guys atleast make it to the last 8 @Russia. Time will tell.

What black coaches ? How many black coaches do we have in the other European leagues asides the PL ? How many black coaches are even the managers of a National team in Africa ? I so much hate it when you people make / channel everything towards race and all that .

How many black coaches are making waves around the world ? If they're not good , they are not .

Let's tell ourselves the truth and stop making silly excuses with racism or not .

No one ( football clubs ) wants to take chances now and that's the point .

Continental games from club football in this part of the world is nothing to write home about , you don't get to see exciting football and the rest of them .

If you truly understand football , then you should know how these things work .
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by somehow: 9:33am On Sep 04, 2017
Nigerian league with 16 away wins already this season? Say what you know.
Fearlez:
only in Nigerian league.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by somehow: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2017
Shuussh, I guess those that have lost at home multiple times in the NPFL this season are not Nigerian clubs abi?
FTrebirth:
that's why nigerian league is a joke, home team hardly loses. this bullshit doesn't happen in other countries.
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Fearlez: 10:41am On Sep 04, 2017
somehow:
Nigerian league with 16 away wins already this season? Say what you know.
so for your sense, you can't differentiate a one-off from the norm?

Let us hope it continues this way
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by somehow: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
You have a leaking brain, who told you it's one off? For the past 4-5 seasons, we have had an average of 15 away wins.

With one week to go, 17 away wins already this season, last season had 23 away wins.

2 seasons ago, we had 31 away wins

Next time stick to your foreign league and keep shut when it comes to the local league.
Fearlez:
so for your sense, you can't differentiate a one-off from the norm?

Let us hope it continues this way
Re: Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games by Fearlez: 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2017
somehow:
You have a leaking brain, who told you it's one off? For the past 4-5 seasons, we have had an average of 15 away wins.

With one week to go, 17 away wins already this season, last season had 23 away wins.

2 seasons ago, we had 31 away wins

Next time stick to your foreign league and keep shut when it comes to the local league.

4-5 seasons you said? You must be suffering from spina bifida!

2012-13 season only 18 away wins were recorded in 380 matches in the Nigerian professional league. That my friend is less than 5% of matches.

This is the only league where relagated teams win over 40% of home matches. The only league where league winners and relegated teams have marginal point difference.

You don't have a leaking brain, bro. You were born with brain lesion rendering you the perfect specimen for an unadulterated idiot.

You're in mental comatose with a mobile phone keeping you alive through your cacoethes. A mundane soul contented to be perpetually the joke of humanity.

Nigeria professional league is the byword for win-at-home syndrome and it has been known for so all over the world, even in the USA where football is a distance 5th in sport popularity.

denying it online in front of the watching world makes you look like a 1st class mor0n .

23 aways wins away in a compete season is disgustinly laughable. And no other league in Africa produces that kind of result.

Admit it, our corruption found its way into our sports. Period. Your trying to rewrite Nigerian league on the pages of Nairaland makes you an...

Unashamed imbecilé

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Carlos Tevez Marries Venesa Mansilla (Photos) / ‘I Waited For 17 Years’- Ighalo Elated To Win First Career League Crown / Zidane: The UCL Draw? If We Play Liverpool, We Will Eliminate Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.