Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,331 members, 7,884,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. (3174 Views)

Korede Bello’s Invitation To Sing At Popular Church Attracts Criticism / Oh!christians, Oh!who Say Jesus Is God, Come, Help UR Brothers On This Thread / Religious Bigotry And Hypocrisy- Nairaland Islamic Style!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by gbadex1(m): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2007
I couldn't help but not ignore this. It was so hilarious!

From blabs787:

"if you resort to being stupid, babs won't hesitate to accord you the same measure"

Roflmao @ that statement!! cheesy cheesy that statement laughing like hyenas. dude, seriously, do you ever read what you write? Of all the illogical statements you've ever made, that has to be crowned Number 1 cheesy
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by syrup(f): 12:25am On Mar 01, 2007
@gbade. x,

gbade. x:

dude, seriously, do you ever read what you write? Of all the illogical statements you've ever made, that has to be crowned Number 1 cheesy

Well, I can only sit back with a smile in knowing that I'm not the only one who sees through his illogical posts. Talk of reading what he writes - that's another matter entirely.
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by syrup(f): 12:25am On Mar 01, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

Why not try to be reasonable for a while.Its not my argument but backslider's. hmmm.
. . .
Small girl, Its not my argument but backslider's.

All the same, you acknowledged earlier that it was between you and Backslider. And in that respect, I have indeed been reasonable enough to intone that your own arguments have been laid to rest. You can only come back in willful pride to deny this - and it won't be such a surprise.

babs787:

Besides, Muslims themselves know that any translation of the Qur'an into any language immediately discarded as no longer the Qur'an.

Please, let me have examples please. I have been quoting from your bible. Let me have same from the Quran too.

There are a few sites and Muslim books I'm acquainted with that make that claim. Unfortunately, I don't readily have my hands on them. However, here's one such Muslim website that makes good that claim: "Please keep in mind that ANY translation of the Qur'an will most definitely contain errors." http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/qmtintro.html (see instructions below).

NB: please note that on clicking the link above you will be directed to an error page with message: "Oops! Page Not Found!" I asked a friend about this and he said that Muslim websites are not often honest enough to reveal truth. Consequently, in order to get to the page in question, he advised the follow:

#1. copy and paste this link to bowser: http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/

#2. under "Translations of the Qur'an" click on the hyperlink titled "introduction to the translations"

#3. on the page that opens, scroll down to the heading: "Warning!" and you will find the disclaimer: "Please keep in mind that ANY translation of the Qur'an will most definitely contain errors."

#4. Notice that the disclaimer page has exactly the same URL that returns an error page: http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/qmtintro.html
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by babs787(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2007
@syrup,

why not be honest with yourself. I have tried the site based on your instruction but didnt open. Do us proud by pasting the verses here from the site.

Posted by syrup
NB: please note that on clicking the link above you will be directed to an error page with message: "Oops! Page Not Found!" I asked a friend about this and he said that Muslim websites are not often honest enough to reveal truth. Consequently, in order to get to the page in question, he advised the follow:

If Muslim websites are not opening to reveal the truth:

1. Is the website in question own by muslims?

2. Do they know that you are a christian to the extent of making the website un-accessible?

3. Do the sites open for Muslims but does not for christians?

4. Can they post websites when they know that they will prevent people from having access?
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by 4getme1(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2007
Hi @syrup,

Your friend may not be wrong, but here's something that might be of help in resolving this issue.

Some weblog sites are configured such that they change some entries or words you post on them. For example, if you type "U R" as one word without spaces between, you would be surprised to read it as "YOUR".

To solve the problem of the error page, please note that one letter in the URL you recommended has been changed when posting on this Forum, and that is why you keep getting the error page returned. Here is the difference:

http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/

The highlighted letters ('debt') is the error. Please change the letter 'b' to 'p' when pasting into your browser; so that instead of 'debt' you have the short form of 'department' ('de p t' without spaces). Then follow the remaining instructions advised by your friend.

I hope this would help.

Regards.

Hi @babs787,

I've been busy in the past weeks and haven't had time to keep up the discussions. When I do have the time, I'll look into some of your rejoinders. Even so, I don't think your questions make any sense. Follow the instructions carefully, and you will find the website by syrup accessible.

Cheers.
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by syrup(f): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@syrup,

why not be honest with yourself. I have tried the site based on your instruction but didnt open. Do us proud by pasting the verses here from the site.

Posted by syrup

If Muslim websites are not opening to reveal the truth:

1. Is the website in question own by muslims?

2. Do they know that you are a christian to the extent of making the website un-accessible?

3. Do the sites open for Muslims but does not for christians?

4. Can they post websites when they know that they will prevent people from having access?

I hope now you can revisit the site from the valuable help offered by 4get_me.

4get_me:

Hi @syrup,

Your friend may not be wrong, but here's something that might be of help in resolving this issue.

Some weblog sites are configured such that they change some entries or words you post on them. For example, if you type "U R" as one word without spaces between, you would be surprised to read it as "YOUR".

To solve the problem of the error page, please note that one letter in the URL you recommended has been changed when posting on this Forum, and that is why you keep getting the error page returned. Here is the difference:

http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/

The highlighted letters ('debt') is the error. Please change the letter 'b' to 'p' when pasting into your browser; so that instead of 'debt' you have the short form of 'department' ('de p t' without spaces). Then follow the remaining instructions advised by your friend.

I hope this would help.

Regards.

Thank you so much for that great help. I tried it out and found no problems - I could never have guessed the small errors in between the 'b' and 'p'.
Re: Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. by babs787(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2007
@4 get me

Thanks for the link.

@syrup
"Please keep in mind that ANY translation of the Qur'an will most definitely contain errors." http://www.usc.edu/debt/MSA/quran/qmtintro.html (see instructions below).

I have gone through the site but there is nothing there with regards to your claim above. The only thing you will read there is that some words are being used to replace another (synonyms) but not that words contradicting each other.

Please try reading everything to get clearer picture.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Is Highly Sacrilegious!!!(pics) See What A Young Lady Did With The Bible! / Myth : The Hyper Grace Gospel Encourages Sin - Paul Ellis / The Explanation For Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.