Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,866 members, 7,973,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 04:30 AM

See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) (1398 Views)

See 6 Ways Social Media Is Currently Affecting Your Mental Health / Sex Scandal At Federal University Otuoke Is Fake / 11 Signs Your Job Doesn't Deserve You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2017
The level at which Fake or refurbished Laptops we commonly refer to as “CHINA” or “CHINKO” infiltrate our Technology market is deeply worrisome. Many people are robbed of their hard earned money by this as heartless dealers swindle them because they are not informed enough to distinguish between FAKE and ORIGINAL Laptops.

What Are Their Common Features

Here are the ways you can identify FAKE or Refurbished Laptops. Nevertheless, the features listed below are not exhaustible; you are best advised to identify a trusted dealer.

1. The Keys on their Keyboards are not placed correctly (not in order): Refurbished Laptops usually have their keys function incorrectly. The
pattern or position of Keyboard keys is normally 1234567890 QWERTY UIOP ASDFGHJKL…. The numerical keys (1,2,3,4…) usually have
other key symbols on top of them that can only be realized holding the “SHIFT” keys simultaneously when pressing them. If for instance
key “2” gives anything other than “@” when you press it, then, the system is refurbished. Also, the backlash key with the symbols “\
and|” should follow the key “P,” though the position may vary in computers. If it realizes something different when pressed with “SHIFT”,
pls, the system is refurbished.

2. When the Screen Doesn’t fit perfectly: Original Laptops; both new and “London used” have their screens perfectly aligning with their
frames. If there is gap between the screen and the frame, then the system is refurbished.

3. Every original Laptop should have stickers near the keyboard. The stickers must identify the Processor the computer is using e.g. Intel;
the RAM size or Memory. If after starting the system, a different Processor or OS shows-up other than the one on the sticker then, the
system is fake.

4. When the battery producer name isn’t the same with the producer of the Laptop.

5. Check the back of your Laptop if it has identification, service tag or serial number and then visit the website of the producer to check if
they support such identifications. E.g. My Dell Precision has a Service tag I use on Dell website to get drivers for my system.

6. You can call the Producer if they have your serial number in their Database. If they don’t, then your system is CHINA!

All this notwithstanding, Laptop sellers in Nigeria always find “sharper” ways to sell their fake Laptops. You could fall a victim if you aren’t properly guided or informed. To save yourself from trouble, you need a dealer who has been tested and trusted. Nanish Tech LTD is one of these dealers who have integrity in the business. They deal in original new and USA-used Laptops that you will be certainly delighted to purchase. Aside the ONE YEAR WARRANTY you will get on any Laptop you purchase, they will also, help you install and drive software Applications on any Laptop you buy. For a discount you can contact 09054762972 or princedavidobi@gmail.com

http://igbobia.com/?q=see-6-signs-your-laptop-is-fake-china.html

2 Shares

Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2017
Nice one.

I'm not saying I'm going to buy (yet). . . But, how much do you sell your mini laptop?
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by sleamzy06(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2017
yo! wanna get a UK used laptop.. how much is it??
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
sleamzy06:
yo! wanna get a UK used laptop.. how much is it??

Depends on the one you choose.

Hit me up through the number or message me via princedavidobi@gmail.com
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2017
Jhaytee4all:
Nice one.

I'm not saying I'm going to buy (yet). . . But, how much do you sell your mini laptop?

Thanks.

You can contact me on Whatsapp through the number in the article or mail me via princedavidobi@gmail.com
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by sleamzy06(m): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2017
Youngadvocate:

Depends on the one you choose.

Hit me up through the number or message me via princedavidobi@gmail.com
the number ain't complete
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 9:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
I am deeply sorry for the incomplete numbers

Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 3:31am On Sep 07, 2017
You can reach me via WhatsApp with the number. Again it is 09054762972
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Darkseid(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2017
I don't know why I got angry reading this piece of crap. You claim to know much but you really know nothing.

1. For a person who claims to know much about laptops, you don't even know the meaning of the word REFURBISHED. You should try and Google it and by the way getting the wrong symbol from the keyboard is as a result of the language you selected while setting up windows. English UK will not give the same symbols as English US.

3. Like seriously! So if I decide to peel of that sticker before selling it, it becomes chinko?

4. I hope you know that there are 3rd party battery manufacturers.
Re: See 6 Signs Your Laptop Is Fake (china) by Youngadvocate(m): 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
Darkseid:
I don't know why I got angry reading this piece of crap. You claim to know much but you really know nothing.

1. For a person who claims to know much about laptops, you don't even know the meaning of the word REFURBISHED. You should try and Google it and by the way getting the wrong symbol from the keyboard is as a result of the language you selected while setting up windows. English UK will not give the same symbols as English US.

3. Like seriously! So if I decide to peel of that sticker before selling it, it becomes chinko?

4. I hope you know that there are 3rd party battery manufacturers.

With over 5 years of experience on Laptops sales, from Ikeja Computer Village and some other places, I have full knowledge of what goes on in the market of Laptops in Nigeria.

It is regrettable some Nigerians will just read anything on the internet or gain some theoretical knowledge on something and claim they know it all without the practical.

1. Refurbished Laptops ordinarily could mean two things: 1. products that may be unused customer returns that are essentially "new" items, or they may be defective products that were returned under warranty, and resold by the manufacturer after repairing the defects and ensuring proper function. 2. Products that had already depreciated as a result of over-use and are repackaged with some parts and sold again.

If you come to the Market, especially here in computer Village, Ikeja, the language that is commonly used to describe "Fake" or "repackaged" laptops that may not last over a year is "REFURBISHED." And that is the word I used in sense 2 above.

2. When you peal off a sticker, I supposed you should as well have all the configurations written down. Someone with experience in Laptops will ask you that. He will check if the configuration match with what the system has inside. After that, he will look up the same configurations on the company site with the serial number.

3. Third Party manufacturers have names and the genuine ones always deal with Laptops companies directly. It is those ones that usually produce substandard, random batteries that can easily fit into many Laptops and are sold at cheaper rate to entice buyers, that I meant in the article. Buy the battery, you can never use it more than a year, it will start having issues because it is not produced in measure with the capacity of the Laptop.

On a whole, if you are not in the Market, you may not know how it all operates. There are even more sophisticated ways the top sellers in the market use which I honestly haven't discovered. But, for sure, the ones listed above are sure ways they dupe people with Fake Laptops that may only last for highest 2 years.

(1) (Reply)

We Are Currently Hiring For The Position Of Call Centre Agents {GR8JOBSNG} / Oracle Database / Pls Md's And Ceo's In Nairaland Help I Need A Microbiology Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.