Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,369 members, 7,964,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:48 PM

To Tell Or Not To Tell - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Tell Or Not To Tell (373 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Meet Kabiru Salawu: A Nigerian Photographer Using His Photos To Tell Stories / How To Tell A Dominant, Overbearing Or Rude Coworker To Shut The Hell Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Tell Or Not To Tell by Renaj: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2017
I use to work in a company where salary delay is a norm. It can even go as far as 2 months straight. We were told to be happy that it is only delayed and not that it is not being paid. So you work for about 2 months and you get 1 months pay. Now there are no benefits apart from your basic pay, no pension, no HMO, no accident free bonus for drivers, nothing at all. Of course, tax is deducted from your salary. Also, constant change of employees as the resignation and termination rate are high. That is why their vacancy adverts always floods the internet.
After employees resignation, even after due notice, getting outstanding pay is a nightmare. It can even stretch as far as 4 months and more often than not, it is never paid.
I resigned because l couldn't cope. I rely on that basic salary to meet up and it was becoming very difficult if not impossible to survive.
However after my resignation, l still have outstanding pay. I know the norm. I can only hope for the best.
Knowing the status quo in this company, is it wise to reveal the situation to potential job seekers or ignore and hope change begins with them.

(1) (Reply)

For Registration Of Company, Business Name Etc. / Scholarship To Study French Language For A Year! / Can You Write Or Act Comedy Vids Or Other Ent, We Want To Work With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.