Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,400 members, 7,950,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers (18141 Views)

Cheap Bought Brand New 2013 Range Rover Hse Vogue / Tokunbo 2006 Range Rover HSE Vogue / Registered 2004 Range Rover HSE Vogue (SOLD)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by jaybee3(m): 9:19am On Feb 26, 2010
The particular review i looked at also complained about the air suspension. I do agree though that the terrain in which the car would be driven on might make the suspension go quicker. What you ought to be looking it is the cost of fixing if indeed it does go.
Are you able to shoulder the cost of maintenance?
No 2 cars are the same and because someone had a bad experience doesn't necessary mean other owners would.
I am also looking in the market for the sport version
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2010
@Jaybee

Thanks once again.
Basically for the maintenance and general running of that vehicle, I have no problems spending on it simply because of the joy and comfort I get from driving that ride. My concern for the shocks is that its not like a routine or regular thing - its something that can affect a yesterday's roll-out.

My anger is that most of these companies that make aftermarket stuffs for this brand have failed to make a conversion kit or a tune-up kit that can convert this shocks independent of Land Rover. The same thing angers me with AMG that cant seem to make the same alternative to the mercedes air shocks.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by jaybee3(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2010
You can always buy the conversion kit from here and i believe any competent mechanic should be able to fix it for u
http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm%22%20rel=%22nofollow
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2010
This is worth the try and as long as the suspension lights wont cause any balance problems - I think that was what I read about strutmasters. Thanks again.

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by jaybee3(m): 9:52am On Feb 26, 2010
the suspension sensor can be killed off manually once change to coil suspension so as not to trigger other sensors in the PIC
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 10:41am On Feb 26, 2010
Thanks Jaybee
I did not know that switching it off manually disables its interaction with other sensors, I will look into that factor.

Thank you so much for this very sensible input
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 11:16am On Feb 26, 2010
@Jaybee
I just read some local reviews of the kit and saw the conversion video. Those air shocks are actually more fragile than I thought - like a rubber tube. On a typical Nigerian road, its a goner.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2010
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 5:55pm On Feb 26, 2010
Are you looking for excuses not to buy a Range Rover?

Daddy got my mom one for 25th Aniversary, what do you want to know? tongue
Onwan:

I appreciate all y'all comments

@Freshmoney
I wasn't actually referring to that your school bus model of pathfinder BUT generally, they don't have good re-sale values. I dont like it because after a while like I said; the body looks too heavy for the small tyres - just like a big helmet on a child.

I have priced quite a few of them; which of course is what I can do IF I want then weigh their condition and price with what I need actually.

Remember that in as much as I appreciate y'all comments, I still want a CURRENT USER of the Range Rover to give us his/her views; NOT some Primera pushing folks P.L.E.A.S.E cheesy grin cheesy

I heard about the aftermarket shocks and read of their failures after months and Range Rover refused to support them.

I would not just buy because I have the cash (NO WAY) I would find out about what I'm buying and ASK about it; even from dealers (most have discouraged though) and nice folks like you for your views on it.

Its really nothing personal - BUT I bet you that some other people are learning from this post - but I know what I'm gaining right here too.

Again, To buy a RANGE ROVER, you must have the money to maintain it.
To buy one here isnt much, used 15-30Gs but the maintainence aint cheap lipsrsealed
I used to drive a Volvo, and everytime I took it for servce I would be looking a multidollared bill!

Once again freshmoney, its not about having the just having the cash - its about sitting with 6M and looking at planting a fenced 3 bedroom apartment for rent OR buying a that ride - I tell you, that ride better be worth it.

If you have to decide between these two, be smart and invest your funds. No use buying a car you cant afford to maintain.
undecided

You remind me of one of my friends parents, Her Parents went and sold their Tahoe SUV, and another car to be able to afford a brand new Lexus (about 60G) but YET, got the basic model and EVEN WORSE, when a hurricane came and knocked out power in our city, they couldnt even afford a common 300$ Generator, and all their food spoiled.

Stop living beyond your means. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2010
@PlatinumK
Thanks for your comment and advice. I really appreciate it.

But seriously, I hope you don't just place handles on your assumptions of one's financial status. It turns out your advice would actually be for your parents' friends.

Asking about a vehicle or considering it as an investment option and weighing it against regular options shows one has value for investments and business options - You might want to check that with your parents.

Anyways, based on the response I got from Strutmasters; its actually worth it buying the Range Rover and immediately converting the air shocks before wearing off the assembly manifold of the air shocks and before the height sensor is messed with. And according to them, they have not experienced the suspension alert affecting the overall stability system in any way.

Since this vehicle combines an anti-rust features, driver's comfort and long lasting build - I consider it a good choice with the air shocks solution from Strutmasters.

I'm however considering a Diesel 07 Range Rover Sport from Dantikiti of Nairaland, he also has a G Wagon 02 BUT Petrol. I'm loving my first diesel experience with my 530D - that's why I'll be considering the diesel.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2010
Onwan:

@PlatinumK
Thanks for your comment and advice. I really appreciate it.

But seriously, I hope you don't just place handles on your assumptions of one's financial status. It turns out your advice would actually be for your parents' friends.

Asking about a vehicle or considering it as an investment option and weighing it against regular options shows one has value for investments and business options - You might want to check that with your parents.

It doesnt take long to figure someone out if what they post represents themselves.
A Range Rover is NOT an investment option.
Since when?
A Luxury Vehicle is what it is Luxury Vehicle.
While Hondas get turned over daily for profit, that same Range rover that someone is trying to sell, will sit there.
Think of this, When u get something, you get the best, unless you want a range Rover just because you want people to know you have one.
There are two people who own luxury cars, those who can handle it, and really dont think twice about it and those who if something out of the blue happens cant handle the stress.
Use sense and use the "money" for a proper investment, like housing.

I dont have to ask my parents.
A Car Value's Depreciates once u get it.
Honda has a 10x higher turn over value than Range Rover.

For example, a celeb here tried to sell her Custom Range Rover, but no one wanted to pay more than what it was worth though she spent over 30, 000 in customization.

3 months later, she took it off the market and is driving it again.
Like I said, its hardly you go to a lot and see people debate over a Range.
Its usually , where do I sign the check? undecided
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2010
Hey PlatinumK, its not a fight - you only need to read well and ask questions before making your assumptions known so it doesn't make you look like what you are not.

For me; a Range Rover is an investment plus a business tool as well. Its not just a car to hop in and drive off. I have 2 SUVs and 3 cars (2.5 SUVs actually - including the infinit). The Range Rover has two things for me; gives me comfort so I don't all pissy at meetings after driving through hold up for business meetings, secondly - Nigeria is a country where IF you are applying for a contract or seeking some kind of license or permit, paople actually weigh you by what you drive - its happened to me soooo many times and you see idiots getting contracts in fields they don't know anything about and later sub-contracting it to the real professionals (who in most cases are so caught up in developing themselves and buying field equipments worth 100Ks of dollars)

If you understand this correctly, I would not think of dropping 6M on a ride ordinarily BUT I think what professional are realizing is that predsentation is not only about what you can tell them in the board room - its more about everything you look like, drive, wear and talk about.

In as much as I know I have to; I need to know that the one that cathes my eyes is as rugged as I can have it plus that I can actually use it whenever I want without thinking if I will get home. Its not the money, its the stress I don't need.

I have brands I like and those from what I see and experienced from earlier models appear as just a waste of my time.

Most Toyota vehicles are nice BUT you drive into a lot and your expensive ride blends as one of their official cars. Infiniti has a very fragile body and falls apart quickly (engine lasts very long though) and is prone to overheating.

Its just my personal thing. I can only drive these kind of vehicles IF I MUST
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Fhemmmy: 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2010
I have missed a lot oh
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
Onwan:

Hey PlatinumK, its not a fight - you only need to read well and ask questions before making your assumptions known so it doesn't make you look like what you are not.

For me; a Range Rover is an investment plus a business tool as well. Its not just a car to hop in and drive off. I have 2 SUVs and 3 cars (2.5 SUVs actually - including the infinit). The Range Rover has two things for me; gives me comfort so I don't all pissy at meetings after driving through hold up for business meetings, secondly - Nigeria is a country where IF you are applying for a contract or seeking some kind of license or permit, paople actually weigh you by what you drive - its happened to me soooo many times and you see idiots getting contracts in fields they don't know anything about and later sub-contracting it to the real professionals (who in most cases are so caught up in developing themselves and buying field equipments worth 100Ks of dollars)

If you understand this correctly, I would not think of dropping 6M on a ride ordinarily BUT I think what professional are realizing is that predsentation is not only about what you can tell them in the board room - its more about everything you look like, drive, wear and talk about.

In as much as I know I have to; I need to know that the one that cathes my eyes is as rugged as I can have it plus that I can actually use it whenever I want without thinking if I will get home. Its not the money, its the stress I don't need.

I have brands I like and those from what I see and experienced from earlier models appear as just a waste of my time.

Most Toyota vehicles are nice BUT you drive into a lot and your expensive ride blends as one of their official cars. Infiniti has a very fragile body and falls apart quickly (engine lasts very long though) and is prone to overheating.

Its just my personal thing. I can only drive these kind of vehicles IF I MUST

Im Done.
Either you are using this thread as a form to scoop useless girls or you just like small talk.
If I start name dropping like you have, you will hand your head in shame, but this is YOUR thread, so form how you like.
I dont need to fight about it, Im just telling it like it is.
Fhemmmy:

I have missed a lot oh
see me see wahalla kiss kiss
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2010
WHatever,

Onwan, I dey feel u, so which one we settle for now, the Rover with diesel 07, then we change the shocks, right?
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Fhemmmy: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

Im Done.
Either you are using this thread as a form to scoop useless girls or you just like small talk.
If I start name dropping like you have, you will hand your head in shame, but this is YOUR thread, so form how you like.
I dont need to fight about it, Im just telling it like it is. see me see wahalla kiss kiss

You guys should let go . . . .Onwan is a kool guy and you a nice sister . . . .So let us live to be pals.
Whenever he is ready to buy anything, we will be ready to get him value for his money
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 9:36pm On Feb 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

You guys should let go . . . .Onwan is a kool guy and you a nice sister . . . .So let us live to be pals.
Whenever he is ready to buy anything, we will be ready to get him value for his money

Im cool,  Seriously he just cant handle the truth.  grin

freshmoney:

This Onwan of a guy has been looking for ride before I even went outta the country, Imagine! If you ve got money, I mean the real package, go to the dealership and pick the stuff! cool
grin grin

Fhem honey, I will be buying mine before he get to price his 10 years later grin grin
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Damola1
I will have to go with the Diesel (Although the Dankitiki guy is saying 5.8M last). From my experience with diesel; the electricals/electronics in the engine is so small - and that is a blessing. Petrol engines are riddled with sensors and also the gas mileage with diesel is out of this world; I get 40MPG with my 530D (even with an e39 I6 engine) 7 litres to VI and back to Ikorodu - it sounds unbeleivable but its the real.

@Platinumnk
I'm sorry you see things the way you do BUT this is about a vehicle I'm bugging about its factory faults and have gotten a solution for and I'm making folks understand why I want that and only that. BUT of all the posts, all you can see is me? "Scooping" up? Girls? Online? With a thread? I don't know girls that cheap, do you? Anyway I'm responsibly and happily married with kids and its not my thread; its for anyone it means something to.

@Fhemmmy
I aint even mad at her.
Let me know what you think about my diesel preference. I will appreciate your input - I don't think parts will be an issue though - diesel engines have similar parts from what I see.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

Im cool,  Seriously he just cant handle the truth.  grin
grin grin

Fhem honey, I will be buying mine before he get to price his 10 years later grin grin

When you are ready, we will be ready to sell to you.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Fhemmmy: 9:42pm On Feb 26, 2010
Onwan:

@Fhemmmy
I aint even mad at her.
Let me know what you think about my diesel preference. I will appreciate your input - I don't think parts will be an issue though - diesel engines have similar parts from what I see.

Diesel option of what ride?
Sorry, i have no been following the thread
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Fhemmmy
The Range Rover. With the Stutmaster solution and very positive local reviews on it - I have all the confidence I need to go for it.

I'm taking the diesel option - engine is less complicated with minimal electronics and gas mileage is superb
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

When you are ready, we will be ready to sell to you.

yes na I and I wont be crying over small things.  grin

Onwan:

@Platinumnk
I'm sorry you see things the way you do BUT this is about a vehicle I'm bugging about its factory faults and have gotten a solution for and I'm making folks understand why I want that and only that. BUT of all the posts, all you can see is me? "Scooping" up? Girls? Online? With a thread? I don't know girls that cheap, do you? Anyway I'm responsibly and happily married with kids and its not my thread; its for anyone it means something to.

Cut all the horsepoop cheesy
You came wrong by trying to belittle everyone here that was saying something, and i see through you clear as glass.
For however long it took you to SAVE your "money" enjoy it well  wink
And again, a Range Rover is not an investment
And as for your business people who look at what you drive, well thats is a prime example why Nigeria is a Hellhole as it is today.  lipsrsealed
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Platinumnk
Well I see the forum as a good opportunity to get information and to give information (which basically is an empowerment) BUT from your posts I can't really figure a response and it forces a silence as an answer to you.

Anyway, I wouldn't naturally talk down to anyone BUT will tell why I can't drive a kind of vehicle I can't. At least I know what I like and don't.

Still appreciate your comments though BUT just can't figure the best response for them except silence
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2010

U dont know me, I am Very Combative grin
Onwan:

@Platinumnk

Anyway, I wouldn't naturally talk down to anyone . .

Nissan is very far from it - It deprecates terribly (see people selling off their 99 pathfinders for 750k - stuff was 1.5 like 6 months ago)

Well, you have to console yourself though - I respect that.

Now go to eBay and show me any of these crap Nissan 06/07 that costs over 5Million. I cant even believe I'm talking about Nissan here; I should be talking or arguing about RR, Mercedes, BMW or even the lame Lexus, not some imitation that is confused if it should be called Infiniti or Nissan.

I refuse to talk about Nissan in the context of what I can or will consider to drive. Its like me admitting defeat in life, that's the only thing Nissan hits me as. So please dont make that reference anymore.

Thanks for your advise though - AND I will appreciate if you don't mention that brand or any of its models on my thread, its making me feel very cheap and unfocused. I respect its your brand of choice but its making things very unclean here.

You must be an interesting person to have that brand as your "Dream" in life

Remember that in as much as I appreciate y'all comments, I still want a CURRENT USER of the Range Rover to give us his/her views; NOT some Primera pushing folks P.L.E.A.S.E

Once again freshmoney, its not about having the just having the cash - its about sitting with 6M and looking at planting a fenced 3 bedroom apartment for rent OR buying a that ride - I tell you, that ride better be worth it.

Excuse me if I call you a lying Arrow
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Platinumnk
Now to help you understand (which is the essence of the forum and thread):

I don't see or know anyone who's name is Nissan and like I said; I wouldn't talk down to anyone BUT say why I can't drive any car I can't.

Relax, you can call me anything you want - its all up in your mind.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2010
@Platinumnk
Seriously, do I really have this effect on you? Something about me must be making you get on-hook

I like that though. Anyways, just to help you again - its purely about that brand - not whoever is posting. Even the poster says I'm trying to make him hate his ride.

Range is my dream - but not the one with bad shocks. Infinit is my nightmare - I have it here in my garage and its just a paint here

So my dear, don't be small. Go get some rest.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2010
Onwan:

@Platinumnk
Seriously, do I really have this effect on you? Something about me must be making you get on-hook

I like that though. Anyways, just to help you again - its purely about that brand - not whoever is posting. Even the poster says I'm trying to make him hate his ride.

Range is my dream - but not the one with bad shocks. Infinit is my nightmare - I have it here in my garage and its just a paint here

So my dear, don't be small. Go get some rest.

Ok, for an automobile that my mother already owns, I am small.

End of Discussion.
BTW he didnt get an 07 either. Their anniversary was last year. (09')

Keep dreaming homie, no dulling cheesy
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by damola1: 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2010
platinumnk:

Ok, for an automobile that my mother already owns, I am small.

End of Discussion.
BTW he didnt get an 07 either. Their anniversary was last year. (09')

Keep dreaming homie, no dulling cheesy

Thank God it's your mum, else we no go hear word. Free ma guy,

Guy, when he go happen, I go fit spin?
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2010
damola1:

Thank God it's your mum, else we no go hear word. Free ma guy,

Guy, when he go happen, I go fit spin?
Thank God.
Even If I blessed to own one I still wouldnt be insulting others.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 12:43am On Feb 27, 2010
[size=16pt]How did it all get to this?    It was supposed to be a forum  undecided[/size]
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 12:45am On Feb 27, 2010
@Damola1
Dantikit is working on getting back to me for a final price.

@Platinumnk
You have a materialistic dimension to everything - that makes you very very small.

Its nice to talk about what people like or drive, not necessarily what they own, that puts in on a status level. Learn my dear, it goes farther than the internet.

Anyways, your input is greatly appreciated. I don't know about what your Daddy drives or your mummy drives in this material context - it will be keeping real knowing what you drive or your husband drives or want to drive, well I can understand - my daughter says stuff like that too.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 12:59am On Feb 27, 2010
@Kunle-A
I really don't know. I've gone through her posts and there is just nothing it has to do with the topic of this thread.

This is a thread for information on an auto brand - many expressed like, many dislikes for the Range Rover. Someone gave a link to a reliable solution for the Air shocks problem.

If anyone wants closure or popularity, the person should release an album or something,  But for this thread, its about the Range Rover and nothing else.

If one has a topic in mind; then one should start it under the appropriate section.

This topic is about likes and dislikes for the Range Rover - I will defend it because I like it (So bring it on with any other thing you like and try knocking my Range Rover) - and its better now that Strutmasters.com has given a solution for the Airshocks (Thanks to Jaybee)

I'm basically considering a 2007 Diesel Range Rover Sport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Available For Pre-order **MINT With Leather 2003 Toyota Corolla**only SOLLDDDDDD / **IS INSPIRED MAN AN ANGEL ? ( MY 2007 ACURA MDX TECH HAS ARRIVED SEE PAGE 5 ) / Peace Of Mind For Vehicle/fleet Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.