Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,400 members, 7,950,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers (18140 Views)

Cheap Bought Brand New 2013 Range Rover Hse Vogue / Tokunbo 2006 Range Rover HSE Vogue / Registered 2004 Range Rover HSE Vogue (SOLD)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by jaybee3(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2010
why does every nairaland thread have to degenerate into some sort of superority contest?
The poster clearly stated with the topic that he only wanted range rover users or dealers to post their respective views.
Ya'll just need to grow up. 2 wrongs don't make a bloody right.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 27, 2010
i don't seem to understand your point Onwan.
you are looking for views and opinions from other users yet you are always bashing out and picking loopholes in their opinions and views.
Even if it was a survey( they appreciate points and cons from people and don't argue or try to correct whatever people think) as everyone has a right and manner to his/her own opinion in accordance to maintenance ability.
seems to me you are just on here to waste time.
I will pass
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2010
Some Nairalanders are heroic, Likes of Hailolive,platinumnk, They understand when someone is tryna play pranks on us

Onwan calls himself a humanitarian,yes a humanitarian that buys Range Rover for all the needy,but can't buy one for himself except bashing out other car brand users undecided
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 12:46pm On Feb 27, 2010
Actually I have personally seen sensible comments from users and non users of the Range Rover.

This thread is for comments and views on the Range Rover models. Its not about how much you have before you can own one. I personally set it up for insight into the fault that discourages me from buying one and thanks to Jaybee - intending and current users of the brand do not need to be afraid of the stress from Air Shocks - Strutmasters have provided the solution.

I have a Nissan but do not like the brand as much as to buy ANY of its models for anything over 2M - for me its a loser brand, the infiniti dimension even makes it worse - its prone to overheating and its a rewire's delight. It has poor body reinforcement. The 07 Pathfinder is a miniature school bus in my opinion and they have very low re-sale values.

I can talk about the cars and about what I know about them - that has nothing to do with their financial status.

Anyways, freshmoney could have bought the classy Range Rover with his 4.5M instead of that school bus he bought.

I will buy the Diesel 2007 Range Rover. Its ideal, rust free and high MPG. With Strutmaster's conversion kit, its a MUST HAVE.

Folks with views contrary to this are free to knock the car with their reasons, so we can educate ourselves better.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
@Freshmoney
Your level of thinking shows that because you sit behind a computer and type things about someone means you are "bashing"? That person? It only shows the intimacy issues and inferiority complex you have lodged somewhere in your small world.

Its your views about the car I need, not you - I don't even know you or if you have a pathfinder 07 or 05; if its mortgage or freehold, if you paid cash or its one of those guys still running from Repo people. You don't even know me. BUT what counts is your views about the Range Rover which I do not have BUT want to buy AND did not know there was a solution for the air shocks problem.

Thanks to Jaybee once again for the Strutmaster referral.

I don't really care if you own a yatch, I want the Range Rover, I like some other brands - mostly European BUT hate the Nissan. Its a loser brand.

Its my opinion and if you don't like it, step off to another thread or even start yours in support of your brand.

For the Range Rover lovers and owners - this is a thread to ask questions about your ride and get solutions from others. ITS NOT FOR LOSER BRANDS - LIKE NISSAN
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 1:56pm On Feb 27, 2010
I knew you just wouldn't be able to stay away. Its typical of low-lives and therapy needing dumbies like you though.

Anyways, the topic is about Range Rovers and its users / intending users. Not losers and attention seeking freaks like yourself. I'm sure you would need someone to read the topic to you.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by freshmoney(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^Dolt, I can't start trading words with you here,big boys don't throw tantrums. It's a pity that you can never buy that Range,not a curse, but an affirmation, you cannot buy it. People have given you instances, views,etc. Still, you wouldn't go ahead and buy the stuff, Doofus, I am tired of your dementia.  Every sane people is leaving your meaningless thread; I am leaving as well-Going out with my wife and kids. If you are responsible and you are real, you should be busy with your family by now instead of wasting our time here, Get busy dude grin
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 2:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
@freshmoney
I started the thread to get info on my brand - Range Rover - from current users and folks with stuff to say about it, so for me, its something I need to monitor and learn from.

From what I've been reading from you - you have nothing to say about the brand or any model.

I do understand your issues and recommend stand by what you want, see a shrink and get a life and some self esteem.

But generally speaking; I appreciate your time. Afterall we are here to learn.

Family will be back tomorrow evening - travelled for the kids' mid term break - heat in Nigeria is too much.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 2:32am On Feb 28, 2010
jay bee:

why does every nairaland thread have to degenerate into some sort of superority contest?
The poster clearly stated with the topic that he only wanted range rover users or dealers to post their respective views.

[size=18pt]Please dont read selectively.[/size]
It is ok, to have differing opinons, but NOT when you degrade someone because of what they perfer. In the Same tounge he used to call people "primrera" pushers and a few weeks before this same one was trying to price a Nissan!
So excuse me if I called his bluff, and its not only I that see it.
Just because he made some chump change, doesnt mean he has to berate everyone else, especially not knowing who can run circles around him cool

hailolive:

i don't seem to understand your point Onwan.
you are looking for views and opinions from other users yet you are always bashing out and picking loopholes in their opinions and views.
Even if it was a survey( they appreciate points and cons from people and don't argue or try to correct whatever people think) as everyone has a right and manner to his/her own opinion in accordance to maintenance ability.
seems to me you are just on here to waste time.
I will pass

freshmoney:

@Platinumnk, Please let me know when you are in Naija, I will like to meet you, You are a 'beauty'!grin tongue

Ha,  Im off this thread, Owan cried to mods and reported me cheesy  I shall be coming home in a few months.
I cant help Owan unless he wants to buy a 2009 Rover cheesy cheesy cheesy  tongue
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by MrCrackles(m): 2:34am On Feb 28, 2010
jay bee:

Peach. . . . .
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by platinumnk(f): 3:19am On Feb 28, 2010
And more selective reading, is only 4pages undecided
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:10am On Feb 28, 2010
@Platinumnk
Thank you for your last response. As stated earlier; its a forum for views on the Range Rover (Good or bad reviews and views) from users, dealers and interested persons.

Its not really about what I want to buy BUT to get to know what its like coping with these new models especially with the Air "ride" which turns out to be a plague.

My consideration for an 06/07 is partly because the technical modifications between 05 and 10 is basically accessories which won't total over $3000 and that won't justify a 6M difference to me personally. Also one has better things to do right now than doing a budget of 13M for a 2010 vehicle (maybe when one starts with an earlier model one will then do a trade in after a few years for a brand new one).

The problem with the vehicle from what I have found out affects from the 99 model till date AND from the video on Strutmasters' website its the same manufacturer that makes those air shocks for Navigators - which from what a poster said had been discontinued from use since 07.

But its nice to know that your 09 has been trouble free since purchase. There is an 09 here that tells the owner it won't go further than 3Miles due to the air shocks caused balance problems.

For me, buying the diesel 07 and immediately changing the struts will be a good move, and the only other option in my view competing with the Range Rover will be the G500.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Jaybee
Thanks for your comments and sensible posts. We could use some sanity and simple read and write here.

Strutmasters confirms they have not received any complains from their users on the effect of the suspension lights - on or off once conversion is done. Although height sensor module remains intact.

Thanks
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by comcentury(m): 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2010
I think the Range Rover is generally built for the purpose of rugged roads like the ones we have here,i think you should follow your heart cos everyone here seems to be encouraging you or discouraging you,if you ask me get that car and use it here,yure not the first and you wont be the last.Thats my simple and candid advice
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 28, 2010
PLEASE IF WE ARE TALKING CARS PLEASE STOP CALLING ALL THOSE JAPANESSE CRAPS, ALL YOU LOSERS AS BEEN CALLED BY OWAN SORRY YOU FOLKS BUT THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD SPOKE FOR ITSELF,

AND THE WINNER IS OWAN, ONE
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 9:01am On Mar 01, 2010
What's up Freshmoney!, how are you today?

Sounding so frustrated pal, I understand, that your niSSan school bus guzzles fuel like a hog, and you have to queue to fill up for the day - don't spend too much time so it doesn't blow the gasket.

Relax, its just about the wheels, nothing personal. We know you are a "big" man to buy your niSSan pathfinder for 4.5M - I see your boy emeshot has one for 3M or something. You could have bought a camel OR a horse instead you know? Anyways we still have little room for convertees in our Range Rover/Benz/BMW world - its just the big boys click - don't fight it.

@CNE101
Thanks for your comment Bre, actually there are some Japanese products that are very outstanding - take the Toyota for instance, very durable, fuel efficient and long lasting - I'm specific about their SUVs though - they are superb. My problem with them is that no matter how expensive or fine, they end up as official rides - it doesn't guarranty exclusivity - except the Sequia and Highlander.

The Nissan is actually a sad story, all the firms I know that started out with Nissan products as official cars/vehicles ended up running to Honda OR good ol Toyota. The new models are a little confusing - the xterra looks so much like the pathfinder - and the 56 looks like a blown up pathfinder with a dent on the front half.

I love the EUs better - diesel preferred though

I see some firms are atting the BMWs for official cars too - they are feeling the vibes and are trying to up their outlook.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 01, 2010
Please lets keep the conversations civil, we can disagree with each other without being disagreeable. Please refrain from trading insults, using foul language and curse words.

Monitor_1
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2010
@Monitor1
Thank you for your input.

I really appreciate your bringing sanity to the post earlier. We'll ensure further comments are kept purely on intelligent views and reviews of autos; and not the drivers/owners.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
Drivers' comfort covered

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by newvision: 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2010
Had an 4.4 HSE sports for about 2 years, not really a technical person, just someone that enjoys the ride as is, one thing i can say though that they are not very reliable cars, one problem after the other, from injection to electricals, to the weight on the tyres, they should probably consider a recall
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Newvision
Thank you for your post. This is probably the first actual user review of this brand. If I may ask,

i. what year/model did you own?
ii. where the error/problem alert lights on the dash helpful in anyway before a break-down
iii. where were you having the vehicle fixed (IF In Lagos) - at times the technical people can mess up one's vehicle

Will appreciate your response.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2010
@ Onwan,

Whenever you make up your mind and if you decide to get a RR, you can always reach out and i will help you get a very nice one. I can also help you in getting the strut modified (from strutmaster) so that you dont have to worry about giving it to people who will mess it up in Naija.

[size=14pt]This one below was already sold at the auction. It will cost you about N6.7 million to land something like this in Naija. Mileage is about 45k miles.[/size] [size=14pt]The cost of the strut modification will be extra.[/size]

The picture speaks for itself. This is not a random internet picture. I personally inspected this ride myself.

Reaching me is simple. My email is: [size=14pt]promise72@yahoo.com[/size]

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:07am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:08am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:09am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:12am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:13am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by KunleA2(m): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2010
more

Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Onwan: 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
Thanks Kunle-A
My preference is actually a Range Rover Sports - Its the best with driver's comfort
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by Mikeclover: 7:58am On Dec 01, 2011
Hello guys,
Am looking to buy a very clean 07/08 gx470 already in naija @ a good price.
Any contacts?
Pictures will help in my decision. Thanks.
Mikecloverinternational@gmail.com.
Re: Views From Range Rover Hse/vogue Or Sport Users And Dealers by 989900: 12:49am On Dec 02, 2011
wowowowowow!!!  almost 2years late, missed the fun, haha
@Platinum: I'm with you all the way.

@ The poster: Freshmoney is a real gentle man and if he could get this irate with you, you definitely crossed the line.  Get your ride and deal with the issues that come with it. The most reliable cars ever in Nigeria are 1981 Toyota corolla, 1978 Peugeot 404 or 504GL, The old Toyota Liteace and Hiace, Datsun 120Y, lol. The more expensive your car is, the more prepared you should be ready to spend on maintanance. Or, just buy a damn new one, 'cause that could buy you some 3 years of minimal maintanance cost. I am a BMW freak though I've owned 2 Infiniti Suvs in the past and they all come with their pros and cons (spent over $4k  fixing one of the infinitis when I sent it to Nigeria some 6 years ago).
We do not all have to be in love with the same ride or car maker. My wife prefers Toyota or Lexus and her V6 GXR '09 Landcruiser is cool and freaking rugged, crawl control is awesome, not as luxurious nor as powerful as it's V8 LX570 cousin (she wants to trade-in). It's Cheaper to maintain than a RRover, though Top Gear thinks the RRover is the strongest off-road SuV ever!! (well of course they're brits).
The larger pictue is, all cars (not only Suvs), have their pros and cons. You will have to lay your emphasis on what your priority features are (Luxury, fuel connsumption, speed, comfort, gizmos, maintanace cost, re-sale value, off-road capabilities, social status, Price and e.t.c.) And I guess that's why everyone's trying to chip-in their recommendations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Available For Pre-order **MINT With Leather 2003 Toyota Corolla**only SOLLDDDDDD / **IS INSPIRED MAN AN ANGEL ? ( MY 2007 ACURA MDX TECH HAS ARRIVED SEE PAGE 5 ) / Peace Of Mind For Vehicle/fleet Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.