Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:57 AM

Yar'adua Must Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Must Die (879 Views)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Phone Thief Must Die By Hanging - Supreme Court / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Must Die by paddylo1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 25, 2010
After watching the Machiavellian drama that has become of the top echelon of politics in Nigeria for over 3months
It is now very apparent that for NIGERIA to move forward, UMAR MUSA YAR'ADUA must die of Natural cause
just like ABIOLA,ABACHA,and perhaps Mao in china,and other world leaders in history that passed away to give birth to a new nation

Below is the Procedure according to our constitution on how to 1)Invoke him incapacitated and 2)Impeach him
after going through the long winding process required
i have to accept we have a very difficult and complex situation on our hands
i replicate the procedure below for all(from our constitution). . .

[size=16pt]Removal by the Federal Executive Council under section 144 of the Constitution[/size]

Although there is no direct constitutional mechanism to force an incapacitated President to remove himself voluntarily, the provision of section 144 requires the Federal Executive Council to instigate his permanent removal on the grounds of incapacity. The relatively simple procedure under section 144 operates as follows:

[b]i.    The Federal Executive Council passes a resolution by two-thirds majority of all the members declaring that the President is incapable of discharging the functions of his office.

ii.    The President of the Senate appoints a medical panel of five medical practitioners in Nigeria comprising the President’s personal physician and four other medical practitioners who have, in the opinion of the President of the Senate, attained a high degree of eminence in the field of medicine relating to the President’s illness.

iii.    After such medical examination as may be necessary, the medical panel verifies the declaration by the Federal Executive Council in a report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

iv.    If the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice to that effect is signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives and published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

v.    The President ceases to hold office as from the date of publication of the notice of the medical report and the Vice President becomes President by virtue of section 146 of the Constitution. [/b]

[size=16pt]The complex procedure for the impeachment of the President under section 143 is as follows: [/size]

[b]i.    A written notice of allegation signed by not less than one-third of the members of the National Assembly stating that the President is guilty of gross misconduct in the performance of the functions of his office and detailing particulars of the gross misconduct is presented to the President of the Senate.

ii.    Within seven days of the receipt of the notice, the President of the Senate serves a copy on the President and on each member of the National Assembly. The Senate President also serves any statement made in reply to the allegation by the President on each member of the National Assembly.

iii.    Within fourteen days of the presentation of the notice to the President of the Senate (whether or not any statement was made by the President in reply to the allegation contained in the notice) each House of the National Assembly resolves by a motion supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of all the members of each House whether or not the allegation shall be investigated.

iv.    Within seven days of passing a motion that the allegation be investigated, the Chief Justice of Nigeria shall at the request of the President of the Senate appoint a panel of seven persons who in his opinion are of unquestionable integrity (who are not members of any public service, legislative house or political party) to investigate the allegation.   

vi.    Where the panel reports that the allegation against the President has been proved, then within fourteen days of the receipt of the report, the House the National Assembly shall consider the report, and if by a resolution of each House of the National Assembly supported by not less than two-thirds majority of all its members, the report of the panel is adopted, then the President shall stand removed from office as from the date of the adoption of the report and the Vice President becomes President by virtue of section 146 of the Constitution.

[/b]

Having perused through the above long winding procedures it is obvious that the first way of removal by the (ECF),is not going to happen
this is because of the divided nature of the ECF,also the procedure is littered with landmines as the medical panel may not be given access to Yaradua,and whatever report they come up with can be challenged in court

The second option of impeachment is even more cumbersome,these laws were copied from countries where the men in the National assembly are supposed to be men of honor
alas our NASS has neither the spine,nor honor to actually go through with the impeachment process from procedures 1-5,without being compromised in one way or the other mid-way to the end point

That brings me to my initial THESIS, Yaraduas death and immediate need for burial according to islamic rights is the only way to move forward
also jonathan Goodluck MUST not stand for election in 2011,he must only mid-wife a credible process,just like abdulsalami Abubakar did in 1999 after the death of the ignoble ABACHA
The reasons for jonathan to stand down are very clear for all to see,he is a part of the failed Yaradua era and Nigerians need a clean break from that past
also his inability to command the respect of the military is a liability
therefore the next leader must have the mandate of the people(free fair elections),and it is that mandate that will be used to govern,without fear or favor
and keep the hawks in the military in check because the people have his back

Finally i am tempted to go for a quick fix and draft TURAI YAR ADUA as VP with jonathan as PRESIDENT, this will immediately solve all the problems and address all greiviances real or imagined,and we may have a unity Govt in the mould of KENYA,
HOWEVER this would mean a rewarding of bad behavior on the part of TURAI, it would mean taking the easy way out as usual and is totally unacceptable

If none of the above(Yar aduas Natural death,impeachment,removal,Turai VP option) happens in the next 1-month,
then Nigerians should prepare for the WORST possible outcome
as it is obvious that YARADUA himself is not of sound mind or body to ever continue in office

It is not a very pretty scenario i just laid out above,but somehow someway we Just have to PULL through
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

A Very concerned citizen from Philadelphia,USA
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
paddy_lo:

I laugh You. Concerned Citizen My Yansh! tongue
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Political section on NL now has life
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by oderemo(m): 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
It is not a very pretty scenario i just laid out above,but somehow someway we Just have to PULL through
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

typical niger man , sidon for fily and pple dey fight war for you in nigeria. ala m.k.o
another thing , can you tell me why GOD should bless nigeria?
as if the man is not busy enough. ageg leff am alone.
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thanks 4 ur suggestion poster but philadephia is far from Nigeria. Now wishing someone to die automatically makes u a wizard. Leave justice to God!
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Thanks 4 your suggestion poster but philadephia is far from Nigeria. Now wishing someone to die automatically makes u a wizard. Leave justice to God!

Lol
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by sjeezy8: 9:44pm On Feb 25, 2010
babaearly:

I laugh You. Concerned Citizen My Yansh! tongue

lol
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Beaf: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2010
It is wrong to wish anybody dead. Yar Adua's main crime was being sluggish, the real criminals are still hanging around the place like a foul smell, lets concentrate on those people.
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Ibime(m): 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
The statement "Yar'Adua must die" is not a wish. . . the OP is just stating that Yara must die (in public domain) for Naija to move forward. . . infact, we should all know that Yara is already dead, or at best in an Ariel-Sharon state of consciousness.

Yara was a decent guy. . . possibly had the potential to be a decent president (in comparison). . . but lack of health hampered his regime.
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by redsun(m): 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2010
The only way yaradua can be excused from the stupidity is if has lost his mind all this while.I strongly believe his is dead but they are just using the commotions  to keep prolonging the whole shi-t until the men in uniform strikes,which will invariably bring in the northern cabals again.
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Hanoobaba(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2010
He is already dead. But the problem now is that these people know that if Jonathan is given the mandate to exercise the power of the president, that will spell doom for them in 2011.
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by SkyBlue1: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ibime:

The statement "Yar'Adua must die" is not a wish. . . the OP is just stating that Yara must die (in public domain) for Naija to move forward. . . infact, we should all know that Yara is already dead, or at best in an Ariel-Sharon state of consciousness.

Yara was a decent guy. . . possibly had the potential to be a decent president (in comparison). . . but lack of health hampered his regime.

Enough of these excuses please. What did the guy do when he was relatively healthy? He knew he had a problem with illness beforehand and still took the job, thinking it would be like ruling Katsina when he would leave for months for treatment. He was not forced to become president. He refused to sack an AGF that seemed to stifle progress in the anti-corruption crusade at every turn. He hesitated in adopting the Uwais report, he appointed Sam Egwu as Minister of Education and gave Dora Minister for Information, he has not made any considerable progress in any of his agendas, and in his warped reasoning thought a credible solution to the Niger Delta issue was creating more bureacracy epitomised by the creation of "Ministry of Niger Delta". Abeg, these excuses of "Yara was a decent guy" are getting a tad irritating. The proof is in the pudding, or are we all going to claim collective amnesia?
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Wilfem(m): 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
Hmmm! Operation Yar'dua must die indeed
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by otawa: 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2010
That brings me to my initial THESIS, Yaraduas death and immediate need for burial according to islamic rights is the only way to move forward

That will surely ease all tension right away only if his death is NATURAL!

typical niger man , sidon for fily and pple dey fight war for you in nigeria. ala m.k.o
another thing , can you tell me why GOD should bless nigeria?
as if the man is not busy enough. ageg leff am alone

Who are you fighting war for GoodLuck?

This same man whose wife still walks freely after stealing $2,000,000.00 from poor people of Bayelsa?
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by rasputinn(m): 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ OP

I don't need to read your post,I'll just go ahead and say a big AMEN,God please kill Yar Adua NOW,so we can move forward and his criminal cabal will be broken
BTW,most members of his cabal should die too
Re: Yar'adua Must Die by Yehman(m): 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
Umoru,a very strong and hard man.Imagine somebody whom almost d whole nation is praying 4 his death.Yaradua;chin chin ka ibu.Yaradua; Ikara aka.

(1) (Reply)

234 Next: Ogbulafor quits / Uni-port & Abu've Produced Presidents, Uni-lag, Ui, Unn, Uj: Where Art Thou ? / Ekiti Women Perform Rituals In Bid To Retain College Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.