Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,119 members, 7,890,717 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency (872 Views)

Full Time Table Of APC Campaign And Rallies: / Jonathan Behind Fulani Herdsmen Killing Nigerians – Presidency Alleges / Jonathan Should Crawl On His Knees And Apologize To Nigerians – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by nwakibie3(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2017
The presidency, on Friday, said Nigeria, at present, does not need restructuring as being clamoured for across the country, adding that what is needed, instead, is economic development to provide food for the populace.

Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity) to President Muhammadu Buhari, Malam Garba Shehu, disclosed this while receiving some northern clerics who staged a rally to support the president and the Nigerian military on the fight against insurgency.

However, the pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, said restructuring would put food on the table of several millions of Nigerians and declared that the presidency spoke out of ignorance and lacked an understanding of the issues at stake.

The spokesman of the group, Mr Yinka Odumakin, also said restructuring would not only ensure food security, but also raised the economic base of the country from the N6 trillion per annum, currently generated from the oil and gas sector, to N50 trillion.

Garba Shehu said his office has been receiving, on a daily basis, communiqués and resolutions from groups, calling for restructuring of the country and constitution review, adding, however that what Nigeria needed at the moment was peace for its citizens to go about their businesses.

The presidential aide also said the country was also in need of means to revamp the economy in order to be able to put food on the tables of the citizens and not restructuring or constitution review.

“Every day, we read one communique or resolution from one group or the other, asking government to review the constitution and restructure. First of all, we need peace in Nigeria. Without peace, there will not be development or progress. Ordinary Nigerians want peace so that they can go about their lawful activities.

“Ordinary Nigerians want food to eat. It is not constitutional review and restructuring that will put food on the table. It is a better economy and this is what the president is doing, trying to ensure that the resources in the country are very well managed.

“A situation where a few people in the past have been taking everything and pocketing our resources and sharing among themselves, is over now. The president will make sure that whatever is available to the people of this country goes around the country and is evenly distributed,” he said.

However, Odumakin differed with the presidential aide as he said the position of the presidency was a clear demonstration of what he described as “the palpable level of ignorance at the highest level of governance in the country.

“Restructuring will definitely put food on the tables of several millions of Nigerians. At the 2014 National Conference, we looked at the resources map of Nigeria and discovered that, if we remove mineral resources from the Exclusive List to the Concurrent List or the Residual List, Nigeria has the capacity to have a N50 trillion economy as against the paltry N6 trillion which we are currently generating from oil and gas.

“If we do this, can you imagine the huge number of people that will be gainfully employed? All the restive youths who are busy with insurgency in the North and the militants in the Niger Delta will be productively engaged.

“It is lamentable ignorance at the highest level to say restructuring will not put food on the table of Nigerians. Even if we stopped corruption, there will still be hunger in the land because the N6 trillion-national economy, based on oil and gas alone, is too paltry to take care of the population.

“Definitely if we restructure the country today, it will put food on the table and smile on the faces of several millions of Nigerians and also improve the national economy,” he said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-wont-put-food-table-nigerians-presidency/

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by BLINGZ88: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2017
ok
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2017
Neither has this status quo benefited the ordinary man in the street since time immemorial.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 11, 2017
I'm liking Afenifere day by day. Thank God for Christian Yorubas, the liberals and traditionalists inclusive. I still consider this restructuring and Biafra a mirage until SS step in. For now they're still laid back or sitting on the fence. But the SE & SW should continue firing on, hopefully, SS will act in due time.
We have to crash this feeding bottle system of government but until the SS play an active role, the SW & SE are just making noise. If we don't act now while the heat is on, southerners should forever remain quiet and enjoy whatever maltreatment and injustice the North met against them.

North is about to win again.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by GavelSlam: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2017
Restructuring will not put food on the table but a better economy will.

Years ago we had a parliamentary system of government and much political unrest. This system of government was soon truncated.

It's not the system that provides growth but the people.
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by babyfaceafrica: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2017
Agreed
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by GavelSlam: 8:08am On Sep 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:
I'm liking Afenifere day by day. Thank God for Christian Yorubas, the liberals and traditionalists inclusive. I still consider this restructuring and Biafra a mirage until SS step in. For now they're still laid back or sitting on the fence. But the SE & SW should continue firing on, hopefully, SS will act in due time.
We have to crash this feeding bottle system of government.

Once you begin to use such words as Christian / Muslim in a wholly political / Economic topic one can begin to see you are simply a bigot with no other reason for your comment but to stir conflict.

Shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 11, 2017
GavelSlam:

Once you begin to use such words as Christian / Muslim in a wholly political / Economic topic one can begin to see you are simply a bigot with no other reason for your comment but to stir conflict.

Shame on you.
My post has nothing to do with bigotry. It's all about people who have and share the same ideology. So, stop trying to garner cheap likes by trying to play the religion card. if it's shame on me, then it's shame on you too and everything that you represent. Now, run along and shove you what you think up your anus while at it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by amjoseph19: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2017
GavelSlam:
Restructuring will not put food on the table but a better economy will.

Years ago we had a parliamentary system of government and much political unrest. This system of government was soon truncated.

It's not the system that provides growth but the people.

ogbeni close your gap joor. Let me show what restructuring will stop.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by GavelSlam: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:

My post has nothing to do with bigotry. It's all about people who have and share the same ideology. So, stop trying to garner cheap likes by trying to play the religion card. if it's shame on me, then it's shame on you too and everything that you represent. Now, run along and shove you what you think up your anus while at it.

Don't be silly.

Majority of your posts here open with your brain-dead use of the term Yoruba Muslims and such to extend your smelly agenda only primitives of your kind would consider.

Bigot.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by ifyan(m): 8:28am On Sep 11, 2017
Believe me this regime doesn't have plans for this Nation.

Worst regime ever since the inception of this zoo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 11, 2017
GavelSlam:

Don't be silly.

Majority of your posts here open with your brain-dead use of the term Yoruba Muslims and such to extend your smelly agenda only primitives of your kind would consider.

Bigot.

Do you have a problem with that? How do my posts affect you? You're a Muslim and I don't want to have anything to do with you and your unkempt beards. Are you mad ni? Is it by force to associate with your ilk ni? I'm communicating and I want to communicate with like minds and you are here drooling over my post like a sex starved idiot. Go get a life you almajiri and stop disturbing my mention. You say only primitives will consider it, and yet your losing sleep over it. You my friend are a primitive human being. Goat

8 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Omeokachie: 8:30am On Sep 11, 2017
This government playing chess with the people.

Why did they set up a 5 man committee of governors (headed by El-rufai) to define restructuring?
They are already shooting down the assignment given to that committee even before they have sat or come out with a recommendation.

Can you really put your trust and faith in a government that keeps flip-flopping and talks from both sides of their mouth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by dannytoe(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2017
Yeah it wont, but it will stop the 5% ideology, as well as using oil money from the south, to build a refinery in the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2017
It will actually and it will guarantee our future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by GavelSlam: 8:31am On Sep 11, 2017
amjoseph19:

ogbeni close your gap joor. Let me show what restructuring will stop.

Show a link to this post and stop publishing obsolete data.
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by SalamRushdie: 8:34am On Sep 11, 2017
But Buhari's ineptitude isn't putting anything on the table either, we owe it ourself a national duty to make sure this is Buhari's Last tenure as president ..It is a civic duty

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by dunkem21(m): 8:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Let us try it first, it might put food on our table because currently there is no food on our tables..

Abi na so we go dey dey

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Balkan(m): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:
We have to crash this feeding bottle system of government but until the SS play an active role, the SW & SE are just making noise. If we don't act now while the heat is on, southerners should forever remain quiet and enjoy whatever maltreatment and injustice the North met against them.

North is about to win again.
my se/ss are biafraland and they have taken position
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by dodelight(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2017
"Restructuring won't put food..."? Cowards!!! Try It First!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Sall(m): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2017
This Government is shameless
Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Michael004: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2017
[s]
nwakibie3:
The presidency, on Friday, said Nigeria, at present, does not need restructuring as being clamoured for across the country, adding that what is needed, instead, is economic development to provide food for the populace.

Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity) to President Muhammadu Buhari, Malam Garba Shehu, disclosed this while receiving some northern clerics who staged a rally to support the president and the Nigerian military on the fight against insurgency.

However, the pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, said restructuring would put food on the table of several millions of Nigerians and declared that the presidency spoke out of ignorance and lacked an understanding of the issues at stake.

The spokesman of the group, Mr Yinka Odumakin, also said restructuring would not only ensure food security, but also raised the economic base of the country from the N6 trillion per annum, currently generated from the oil and gas sector, to N50 trillion.

Garba Shehu said his office has been receiving, on a daily basis, communiqués and resolutions from groups, calling for restructuring of the country and constitution review, adding, however that what Nigeria needed at the moment was peace for its citizens to go about their businesses.

The presidential aide also said the country was also in need of means to revamp the economy in order to be able to put food on the tables of the citizens and not restructuring or constitution review.

“Every day, we read one communique or resolution from one group or the other, asking government to review the constitution and restructure. First of all, we need peace in Nigeria. Without peace, there will not be development or progress. Ordinary Nigerians want peace so that they can go about their lawful activities.

“Ordinary Nigerians want food to eat. It is not constitutional review and restructuring that will put food on the table. It is a better economy and this is what the president is doing, trying to ensure that the resources in the country are very well managed.

“A situation where a few people in the past have been taking everything and pocketing our resources and sharing among themselves, is over now. The president will make sure that whatever is available to the people of this country goes around the country and is evenly distributed,” he said.

However, Odumakin differed with the presidential aide as he said the position of the presidency was a clear demonstration of what he described as “the palpable level of ignorance at the highest level of governance in the country.

“Restructuring will definitely put food on the tables of several millions of Nigerians. At the 2014 National Conference, we looked at the resources map of Nigeria and discovered that, if we remove mineral resources from the Exclusive List to the Concurrent List or the Residual List, Nigeria has the capacity to have a N50 trillion economy as against the paltry N6 trillion which we are currently generating from oil and gas.

“If we do this, can you imagine the huge number of people that will be gainfully employed? All the restive youths who are busy with insurgency in the North and the militants in the Niger Delta will be productively engaged.

“It is lamentable ignorance at the highest level to say restructuring will not put food on the table of Nigerians. Even if we stopped corruption, there will still be hunger in the land because the N6 trillion-national economy, based on oil and gas alone, is too paltry to take care of the population.

“Definitely if we restructure the country today, it will put food on the table and smile on the faces of several millions of Nigerians and also improve the national economy,” he said.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/restructuring-wont-put-food-table-nigerians-presidency/

[/s]Trash. Has the presidency put food on Nigerians table before. You people should stop thinking from anus. Restructuring or break up.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 11, 2017
Balkan:
my se/ss are biafraland and they have taken position
Delusion of grandeur! SE voice is the loudest, followed by SW bar Yoruba Muslims. The SS don't have a voice. All they know is to blow pipelines

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by amjoseph19: 9:16am On Sep 11, 2017
GavelSlam:

Show a link to this post and stop publishing obsolete data.
I should show you that of dss recruitment or nnpc appointment? zoneB.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Won’t Put Food On The Table Of Nigerians —presidency by GavelSlam: 9:38am On Sep 11, 2017
amjoseph19:

I should show you that of dss recruitment or nnpc appointment?
zoneB.

In other words you posted obsolete data.

(1) (Reply)

Between Ipob And Bloody Fulani Herdsmen Which One Needs Military Action? / Yoruba Call For Restructuring Hypocritical-umar Farouk ...says Obasanjo Ran Most / Wike Under Fire For Accusing Lai Mohammed Of Making Irresponsible Utterances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.