Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,137 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. (2390 Views)

Stop Python Dance III Now – Ohanaeze / Vacate South-east Now – Ohanaeze Orders Fulani Herdsmen / Biafra: Withdraw Troops From South-East Now - US Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by nwakibie3(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2017
The Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has called on the federal government to direct the military to call off its operation, code-named “Python Dance 11” in the South-east region.

It described the operation as an invasion of the region aimed at intimidating the people.

The Nigerian Army had on Friday announced its plan to launch “Operation Ogbu Eke II’’ – “Python Dance II’’, in the South East between September 15 and October 14, to check violent criminals, agitators and other forms of criminalities.

The Chief of Training and Operations, David Ahmadu, a major general, who announced the plan at a news conference in Abuja, said Operation Python Dance was first launched between November 27 and December 27, 2016 in the zone to tackle kidnapping, armed banditry and other crimes.

But in a statement issued on Tuesday by its President General, John Nwodo, the group argued that “Nigeria at this moment does not need such deliberate and proactive escalation of tensions and crisis.’’

The group warned the government not to resort to the use of brute force in resolution of issue of agitations for self-determination as there were more “civilised and established practices to resolve our democratic and security challenges.”

It described the operation as an act of intimidation and warned that if it is not discontinued immediately, it would be left with no alternative than “to conclude that this is a containment policy aimed at the South-east to intimidate our people from freely expressing their anger and angst at their marginalization and treatment as second-class citizens.”

It added, “In a democracy the level of disenchantment expressed by the people of the South-east of Nigeria ought to have provoked a serious dialogue between our people and the Federal Executive and the Legislature.

“History teaches us that the continuous use of force to silent dissent and free speech will only accelerate the growth of dissent and dissatisfaction. Fundamental Rights of freedom of expression are critical for a successful democracy.”

The group said that the claim that the programme was aimed at checking increasing crime in the region has no empirical support because the first Python dance was used to extort money from the people and never addressed the issue of crimes.

“Our people were shamelessly intimidated and harassed at these check points. Operation Python Dance 1 procured no arrests of criminals that were prosecuted for any of the criminal activities that Operation Python Dance II is supposed to address.

“Instead, it witnessed reckless and indiscriminate murder of self-determination agitators in Asaba, Aba, Nkpor, and Port Harcourt numbering up to 191 by the estimates of Transparency International and shattered public confidence of South-easterners in the Nigerian Army and Police.”

On the clash between Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB supporters and the military on Sunday near its leader, Nnamdi Kanu’s country home, Ohanaeze Ndigbo described it as an unfortunate incident, pointing out that there was no need for such a provocative action on the part of the army.

It stated, “Crimes of monstrous proportions are occurring in other parts of Nigeria. Such crimes include ravaging killings by Fulani herdsmen in the Middle Belt, secret cult killings in Lagos and the South-west, bunkering and armed resistance in the Delta, wanton kidnappings and killing of military personnel in Kaduna State and environs as well as Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

“The Nigerian Army has never embarked on Operation Python Dance in any of the other five geopolitical zones on account of these incidences. Innocent civilians living in these other parts of Nigeria have not witnessed the type of invasion Umuahia witnessed Sunday night.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/243027-call-off-military-action-south-east-now-ohanaeze-ndigbo-tells-nigerian-govt.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by Cyynthia(f): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
Left for me, I wouldn't want it to be called off because it would facilitate election boycott in Anambra state.
Nigeria government is foolish, and their foolishness is always blessing in disguise.

8 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by dasamek8: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2017
Is that SE is doomed. Nigeria is not a country but an empire lorded over by monstrous evil society. Biafra from all indications is the last hope for the emancipation and advancement of Easterners. We shall take our destiny collectively, reform ourselves socially coupled with postive mental reorientation for our liberty.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2017
Very soon the fools that called me non Igbo will see why I said Kanu never meant well for igbos

I just hope it doesn't reach that point

Kanu just want to waste the life of young igbos and run away

I just hope my people see the hand writing on the wall

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by weyabcom: 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:
Very soon the fools that called me non Igbo will see why I said Kanu never meant well for igbos

I taught u have points before. All na fear of death

13 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
dasamek8:
Is that SE is doomed. Nigeria is not a country but an empire lorded over by monstrous evil society. Biafra from all indications is the last hope for the emancipation and advancement of Easterners. We shall take our destiny collectively, reform ourselves socially coupled with postive mental reorientation for our liberty.
Shut ur mouth there! This is what u ipob pigs need, a show of nigerian army might and strenght, so u will all know what u are facing if u all decide to wage war on the nigerian state, and to let u all knw say nigerian army no be nigerian police wey una wan intimidate with una bss.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
weyabcom:
I taught u have points before. All na fear of death

I'm based in ph ...I can always move to bony and be safe ...

I feel for the young igbos that will lose their lifes in this

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by barn2(f): 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2017
Do You want to make Online Sales on Your Website? Let’s Integrate Payment Solutions For You

A company website is a must-have in today’s Internet-driven economy. But while most companies have a website, few use them to their full potential to drive sales and revenue. That’s a shame, because websites are often a major investment in terms of time and money, and they can be a lot of work to keep updated.

So if you aren't maximizing the return on investment of your site, you're missing out on a huge opportunity.

Features of Payment Gateway

Accept Visa, MasterCard, Verve etc on your website
Integrated directly to your Bank account
It's simple, secure and affordable
Secured payments to accept payments from anyone, anywhere in the world.
Small or large business? No Problem
Customers can make hassle-free payments directly on your website.
Security; PCI-compliant, with fraud management built-in.
Very Low payment per transaction
Different payment Gateway options: Interswitch, PayPal, GTPay, Voguepay, Paystack and CashEnvoy
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Keep quiet you animal, I didn't see you on thread where fulanis killed 19 people in plateau state
U didn't want to see me because I condermed that action

2 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by nwabobo: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

I'm based in ph ...I can always move to bony and be safe ...

I feel for the young igbos that will lose their lifes in this

Stop taking Panadol for another man's headache.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ZorGBUooeh: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2017
Mumu govt..Had it bin that the military were drafted few days to election ad withdrawn after the election to ensure election goes smoothly..Ohaneze wouldn't have seen anytin wrong, but the cow buhari no get wise advisers.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2017
nwabobo:

Stop taking Panadol for another man's headache.

I'm Igbo ...mbaise is not too far from his place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by truth4u: 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

Diabolical winches has appear again... Yes, you are igbo and happy all Igbo's will die so that you can live happy ever after with yourhausa Fulani lovers... Nothing is worst than someone who can sell his family to the enemy.... The Hausa Fulani's might kill all Igbo's today, but remember, you will remain an infidle and a slave until the finally kill you too...diabolical gooats so devilsh and foolish... God forbid people like you

Pls do not feel for any Igbo, rather go and rejoice, but remember you are Igbo... They still see you as an Igbo and treat you as an Igbo.... You have no escape than remaining dirty slave to them

4 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
truth4u:

Diabolical winches has appear again... Yes, you are igbo and happy all Igbo's will die so that you can live happy ever after with yourhausa Fulani lovers... Nothing is worst than someone who can sell his family to the enemy.... The Hausa Fulani's might kill all Igbo's today, but remember, you will remain an infidle and a slave until the finally kill you too...diabolical gooats so devilsh and foolish... God forbid people like you

Pls do not feel for any Igbo, rather go and rejoice, but remember you are Igbo... They still see you as an Igbo and treat you as an Igbo.... You have no escape than remaining dirty slave to them

The real smart and people who don't allow emotion cloud there reasoning are with me

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ofai: 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

Efulefu....That is who you are.

Cowardice...It's what you are known for

Slave...Your own is mental slavery, you see your chains as bracelets.

7 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by proeast(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2017
Gbam!
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
ofai:

Efulefu....That is who you are.

Cowardice...It's what you are known for

Slave...Your own is mental slavery, you see your chains as bracelets.
Bravery is not fighting a war you know you will be killed it's called foolishness

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by dasamek8: 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

kanu or no Kanu our actualisation is prime and paramount. Kanu is not our emir or emporor neither is ohaneze or ipob our parliament. Our brain is our greatest potential. We need to think now or await more catastrophic events. Nigeria is not a nation.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ofai: 4:38pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

The real smart and people who don't allow emotion cloud there reasoning are with me

You are on your own

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by adult91: 4:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
Please and please ndi Igbo my people should stop arguing with afonja online. They see u as threat mentally, financially, in sports ,etc. They have also influenced the south west based Igbos with their ideas and that's why ur bro will come back and think he is smarter than you. Furthermore, do not trust their politicians kicking against buhari like fayose, ffk, reno, etc. They do it to gain relevance in their quest and pursuit to fulfill their political ambitions, especially Reno Omokri and Fayose.
Do not support evil because it befell a Yoruba man because u are not like them. And don't forget we might have not began our agitation for independence if obj didn't misuse democracy and laid an evil path. And for some of u who think u can manage Nigeria in ur lifetime. U cannot. The traits are passed down to generations that oil is the only uniting factor in Nigeria
Lastly, teach your children our language at least for secrecy

3 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ofai: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

Bravery is not fighting a war you know you will be killed it's called foolishness

A call for referendum is not a call for war, are you properly schooled?

2 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by HiddenShadow: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2017
Buhari will plunge this nation into war

Yugoslavia is repeating herself in Nigeria
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2017
ofai:

A call for referendum is not a call for war, are you properly schooled?

When the right people in the right way call for referendum I'm sure people will know and listen

If they refuse they I will be ready to March

If you think your idea is popular get the senators and governors to demand for it
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ofai: 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

When the right people in the right way call for referendum I'm sure people will know and listen

If they refuse they I will be ready to March

If you think your idea is popular get the senators and governors to demand for it

Not if most of your senators are infected with the corrupt system

Who are the right people? Our pro Abuja envelope Politicians who work against the will of the people?

I just love this KANU. No Politician has my respect the way kanu has mine.

2 Likes

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by dasamek8: 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
Remimadrid:

Shut ur mouth there! This is what u ipob pigs need, a show of nigerian army might and strenght, so u will all know what u are facing if u all decide to wage war on the nigerian state, and to let u all knw say nigerian army no be nigerian police wey una wan intimidate with una bss.
first I am not an ipob member but conscience and wisdom is what my hindu guardian God implanted in my psyche.
Self-actualisation is not a sin against anyone,force or being. Nevertheless, sin is not in action but in reaction or effect thats why we recycle and undergo metempsychosis. Lets make a better world dear for when we've gathered in two or thousands and make a decree and agree on a subject spirits,demons demigods and goddesses either look on passively,or agree with us or test our resolution through tempt and trials or rather stamp it for us.
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 4:55pm On Sep 12, 2017
ofai:

Not if most of your senators are infected with the corrupt system
The masses can recall them
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by ofai: 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

The masses can recall them

Through a compromised inec or Senate assembly...? SMH
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by proeast(m): 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

Kedu onye bu nna gi n'ala Igbo? Shame on you and your likes! Tufiakwa Gi, Aburu gi onu. Ekwesiri ka ejiri ji tuo aja oburu na ibu onye Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by nwabobo: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2017
mrvitalis:

I'm Igbo ...mbaise is not too far from his place

If people decide to die for him, how's that your headache?
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2017
nwabobo:

If people decide to die for him, how's that your headache?
Let them die na
Re: Call Off Military Action In South-east Now, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Tells Nigerian Govt. by mrvitalis(m): 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2017
proeast:
Kedu onye bu nna gi n'ala Igbo? Shame on you and your likes! Tufiakwa Gi, Aburu gi onu. Ekwesiri ka ejiri ji tuo aja oburu na ibu onye Igbo.

Lol you will be the ones sacrificed

Abum oya Igbo

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things To The Itsekiris And Ijaws In Delta State -Afriifa / Thousands Of Supporters Await Buhari In Adamawa ( Pictures) / Meet Oyo State Governor Elect; Seyi Makinde Biography At A Glance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.