Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,971 members, 7,942,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation (1273 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by sammyzacks(m): 11:46am On Feb 27, 2010
Our sources revealed that a tearful and subdued Turai expressed shock and disbelief at the level of opposition and hostility directed at her and her husband’s associates since their arrival from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

“The Turai who showed up at the meeting did not display her signature swagger and arrogance,” said a source familiar with the encounter.

Recent statements by Segun Adeniyi, Yar’adua’s spokesperson, also mirror Turai’s mellow manner. After Yar’adua’s team issued a first statement referring to Jonathan as vice president, instead of acting president, Mr. Adeniyi has clarified that Jonathan is properly in charge of the government. In addition, the presidential spokesman today corrected an earlier statement that Yar’adua had been forwarding medical updates to Jonathan.

In the last few weeks, ahead of her decision to rush her gravely ill husband back to Nigeria, Turai had ordered and personally coordinated salvoes of political and media attacks against Jonathan. The attacks were calculated to weaken Jonathan and to undermine his ability to assume any real power.

But at last night’s meeting with Jonathan, it was clear that Turai was slowly coming to terms with the fact that her much-treasured run as “First Lady” was about to end. She begged Jonathan to see them as part of the same family and implored him not to accept or believe the stories circulating that she brought her husband home as part of a strategy to rule Nigeria by force or proxy. She assured Jonathan that she recognized that he is in charge and should do everything he can to keep the Presidency rolling.

Our sources said Jonathan played along, assuring her of his unwavering loyalty to her ailing husband. He reportedly reminded her that since the president left for treatment in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, he had tried to keep a low profile and hoped as well as prayed that his “brother President” would fully recover soon.

However, the tone of their discussion reportedly changed when Jonathan requested to see the “President”. A visibly rattled Turai then said it was not possible, claiming the President was “resting”.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by naijaswag1: 11:50am On Feb 27, 2010
Yar'adua the oracle that does not appear in public.Turai is the priest.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by chidyke77(m): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2010
An oracle indeed.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by donsteady(m): 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2010
i love Johnathan's humbleness and silent war, keep it up. responsible Nigerians are behind u. we are waiting for the next step by Turai and humble respond from Jona. i dey enjoy this movie die, i swear
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by majorman1: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
how is Turai stopping the FEC and NASS from doing their job? she locks the door? she carries a gun? she gives security commands? to whom? and we "the elite" are gullible enough to think that Turai is the problem
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Beaf: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
naija_swag:

Yar'adua the oracle that does not appear in public.Turai is the priest.

Exactly! He is the new juju that Turai has brought from Saudi. Nobody needs to see juju before worshiping. embarassed
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by MrCrackles(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
Yaradua please do the best thing. . . .RESIGN and retire back to your village!
Dont forget to take Jonathan with you, but send him to his own village
Both of you do not merit the position of President and Vice President. . .
Nigerians didnt even vote for you two, so get lost both of you!!!
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Seun(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2010
major man:
how is Turai stopping the FEC and NASS from doing their job? she locks the door? she carries a gun? she gives security commands? to whom? and we "the elite" are gullible enough to think that Turai is the problem

Thank you.  Why is the press is treating a little misunderstanding as a "national crisis"?  To sell papers.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by MrCrackles(m): 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2010
Seun:

Thank you.  Why is the press is treating a little misunderstanding as a "national crisis"?  To sell papers.
One thing we can never know. . .
But as usual, the media blow issues out of proportion!
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Beaf: 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
major man:

That is simplifying issues. . .

Turai is the current focal point of a very powerful, corrupt, wicked and evil cabal that has been ruling Nigeria since the 70's. If Jonathan wins this battle desisively, it would be Nigeria true independence day. For that reason, I rally behind Jonathan.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by deluxecad(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2010
The press have to make sales na. Sho! Tho me I no dey buy their papers, I no need too many hardwares for my house. Lol. 4 real. The movie is coming to a dry dead end. Pity Turai.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Nemeziz9ja: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
cheesy For crying out loud!
"Yeah a dull Ass" is not in Nigeria, why do we keep deceiving ourselves?
This whole cover-up is glaring for anyone to see.
Yar'adua body or corpse was not on that plane, this is a serious diversionary tactics and Nigerians are being brainwashed again!
As for Jonathan or anyone in charge, what Nigerians want is change not all this political tussle that will not impact positively on the common man. Sooner or later, the chicken will come home to roost and this so called Nigerian entity will dis-integrates.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Seun(m): 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2010
Yar'adua is terminally ill, so Jonathan has already won. He has one month to live.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by citizenY(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
@fellow posters

Unless something gives, I have my fears for this country. For how long shall we continue like this.Our
country is now in the hands of unelected persons- Turai ,PDP and the FEC. Our Vice president, duly elected
on a joint ticket with Yar'adua seems to be having epileptic fits as he has not shown much savvy for the
power game. In effect, there is no difference between our democracy and what obtains in Libya and some
middle easter countries. Some people have hijacked this country and our other arms of government - security
legislature and judiciary is watching helplessly.

Unfortunately, the press is only after sensation, where are their investigative skills? The press is not only for
adverts and page three girls. This is the time to give us value for money. Or have the brown envelopes gone
round already?I have not seen any resourcefulness in this direction.

Since everything is left to conjecture, can we honestly believe that our president is indeed in this country? So
there is no other official that had a peek, or passing glance through the doorway, of our president on his sickbed
in Aso Rock? Or is he embedded and attached to a battery of gadgets inside the ambulance? It is even more distressing,
or the mother of all insults if the woman that suckled this fellow is not given access to him? At least , apart from
Almighty God, she is the only one owns him, with a better claim than Turai or anyone else.

My countrymen, you  see my dilemma? Why can't we do something good for a change? For our elders who have enjoyed
this country more and longer that everybody, this is payback time. If speaking up will be the only thing you can do, please do so,
we shall forgive all past misdemeanors for the sake of posterity. For civil society, we must rise up and demand action.

Our docility has already revved up the whirlwind, it is left to us to wake up and do something. If you expect these mandarins
in Abuja and state capitals to make a move, you will not see anything. This impasse came about because of their internal scramble
and they are positioning and strategising for  against any eventuality- post Yar'adua  and this stalemate has stunned them.

Me too, I am stunned. This ship has captain on board, and no lifeboat either. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by chiozor: 1:01pm On Feb 27, 2010
women!!!when they are winning they brag and open loud mouth, when they are losing they sudden realise they are weak entity and start crying, looking for pity,
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by vigasimple(m): 1:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
chiozor:

women!!!when they are winning they brag and open loud mouth, when they are losing they sudden realise they are weak entity and start crying, looking for pity,

Absolute true statement.

Turai has not mellow she is only restrategising. As for YAR A'GONE, he is brain dead and not in a position to PONDERS resignation. He has not been thinking for himself in the last 95days or so.

Please do not sell us any sympathy bull, we don't buy them anymore, we actually give it away to people like TUrai and the kitchen cabint/cabals.

They are bent on causing confusion and chaos that is why they brought Yar A'dua home in the dead of the Night mobilising two battalions of Army in the process without the knowledege of the Ag. President.

OUR ENEMIES HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR US, WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL IN FALLING FOR THEIR SYMPATHY SEEKING TRAP, THEY ARE UNREPENTANT. NIGERIA HAS BEEN STATIC FOR THE LAST 95 DAYS JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR SELFISHNESS.

SHAME ON THEM, LONG LIVE NIGERIA, DEATH TO ALL THE ENEMIES OF NIGERIA, AND NIGERIANS
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
The Turai who showed up at the meeting did not display her signature swagger and arrogance

Whats her signature swag. . . . does she whine her behind or shake them "girls" like Nikki Minaj? Would be interesting to know.

Seun:

When does it have to become a national crisis:

a. When Turai slaps the VP?
b. When she pooes in his office?
c. Or when Turai presides over FEC?

I chose option B. cheesy
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by prosper(m): 6:44pm On Feb 27, 2010
citizenY:

@fellow posters

Unless something gives, I have my fears for this country. For how long shall we continue like this.Our
country is now in the hands of unelected persons- Turai ,PDP and the FEC. Our Vice president, duly elected
on a joint ticket with Yar'adua seems to be having epileptic fits as he has not shown much savvy for the
power game. In effect, there is no difference between our democracy and what obtains in Libya and some
middle easter countries. Some people have hijacked this country and our other arms of government - security

Unfortunately, the press is only after sensation, where are their investigative skills? The press is not only for
adverts and page three girls. This is the time to give us value for money. Or have the brown envelopes gone

Since everything is left to conjecture, can we honestly believe that our president is indeed in this country? So
there is no other official that had a peek, or passing glance through the doorway, of our president on his sickbed
in Aso Rock? Or is he embedded and attached to a battery of gadgets inside the ambulance? It is even more distressing,
or the mother of all insults if the woman that suckled this fellow is not given access to him? At least , apart from
Almighty God, she is the only one owns him, with a better claim than Turai or anyone else.

My countrymen, you  see my dilemma? Why can't we do something good for a change? For our elders who have enjoyed
this country more and longer that everybody, this is payback time. If speaking up will be the only thing you can do, please do so,
we shall forgive all past misdemeanors for the sake of posterity. For civil society, we must rise up and demand action.

Our docility has already revved up the whirlwind, it is left to us to wake up and do something. If you expect these mandarins
in Abuja and state capitals to make a move, you will not see anything. This impasse came about because of their internal scramble
and they are positioning and strategising for  against any eventuality- post Yar'adua  and this stalemate has stunned them.

Me too, I am stunned. This ship has captain on board, and no lifeboat either. cry cry cry cry cry

Ahhhh Iban ti poju, jo jo
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Jarus(m): 6:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
prosper:

Mr. Grammar Police, if by 'iban', you mean grammatical blunders, then I'm afraid you read a different post from what the guy posted there.

citizenY:

@fellow posters

My countrymen, you  see my dilemma? Why can't we do something good for a change? For our elders who have enjoyed

and they are positioning and strategising for  against any eventuality- post Yar'adua  and this stalemate has stunned them.

Save the last paragraph and one or two typos, which are all pardonable, this is not bad grammar for an informal comment on an unedited public forum. Or you expect everybody to give WS his/her comment to edit before posting on NL?
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Igwe9(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2010
Seun:

Thank you. Why is the press is treating a little misunderstanding as a "national crisis"? To sell papers.

You're right, just as yar'dua has since died on Nairaland right from the day he's rushed to jedda for this last medical checkup.

Damn rumor mongers!
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by prosper(m): 7:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
Mr Jarus, if we all blow grammar like this, then the people of Nigeria we are talking to will be lost and by the time you finish all they will do is say haaaaay the man go school, Communication, Communication Communication.
The Story was too long, and not really saying much and I got tired of reading.
Hence my expression. Which by the way I have every right to.
Thanks Jarus or whatever you call yourself.

And by the way, if he/she understands leadership, Uncle Joe is not " having epileptic fits " or feet or whatever he/she was trying to say. He's behaved excellently.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by CrudeOil2(m): 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2010
^^^^^^
Moderatorrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by bibiking1(m): 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2010
prosper:

The message was succintly passed across! So really, the minor irregularities become lost in oblivion as long as the prime purpose is served!
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by prosper(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
@bibiking1, Jarus, etc
Shuo, every body has thier mouth abeg, weting consine agbero with overload. if you like write mutivational speech untop Turaya, na your mouth.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by jamace(m): 4:33am On Feb 28, 2010
Everybody should be patient like Jonathan because the world is a stage where the Yar'adua cabals are merely players.  grin
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by citizenY(m): 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
@Prosper,
And by the way, if he/she understands leadership, Uncle Joe is not " having epileptic fits " or feet or whatever he/she was trying to say. He's behaved excellently.
Report to moderator

I do not know what you mean by Iban but the piece you are referring to was ex-tempore , just like a chat and also under time constraints. I cannot spend all day on the internet.
Anyway, what matters is to have an opinion you have none. I do not have any objection if you regularly test your editing skills.

I am entitled to my opinion on ''epileptic fits'' as you have not shown me any reason why I should not hold that opinion.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by prosper(m): 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
No heart feelings bro, we are on same sides on the issue.
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by SkySpirit(m): 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
When does it have to become a national crisis:

a. When Turai slaps the VP?
b. When she pooes in his office?
c. Or when Turai presides over FEC?

I chose option B. cheesy
[quote][/quote]

A & C! shocked embarassed
Re: Turai Mellows, Yar’adua Ponders Resignation by Fhemmmy: 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
Source of the info please

(1) (Reply)

Starting All Over Again - Zoning with Imo state as an example. / Burning Furore: What If It Were Bibles? / Before Ecomog Goes Into Cote D’ivoire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.