Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,109 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. (4815 Views)

Forgotten Facts : The Three Day War Between Nigeria And Chad. / Is Nigeria In The Brink Of Another Civil War? - Al Jazeera / Nigeria, France To Collaborate On Fight Against Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by DonBobes(m): 11:34am On Sep 14, 2017
SSBN if u c a fly on ur window pane its me, i love military history like water dats y m following u n explorer lik zomo.
Good write up though.
And please reduce d way or stop ur calling Goodluck a lame duck. We all have our weaknesses n being less strong minded is d weakness of our former president goodluck. So I would really appreciate it if u address him d way he was n he is; former president.
Nagode

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by SarkinYarki: 11:46am On Sep 14, 2017
DonBobes:
SSBN if u c a fly on ur window pane its me, i love military history like water dats y m following u n explorer lik zomo.
Good write up though.
And please reduce d way or stop ur calling Goodluck a lame duck. We all have our weaknesses n being less strong minded is d weakness of our former president goodluck. So I would really appreciate it if u address him d way he was n he is; former president.
Nagode

Don bobes I hail ooo.Ya aiki
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by DonBobes(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
SarkinYarki:

Don bobes I hail ooo.Ya aiki

I de o. Just de close my left eye sleep because of Wetin i hear say AREWA youths talk o. Say dem no go retaliate in d north wahalai dat thing make my belle empty i just de eat anyhow because my belle too sweet.
But believe me NO SOLDIER WANTS A WAR WITHIN.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by rlauncher(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2017
pedrilo:
Is this stewpeed analysis of urs responsible for buhari hatred for IBO's? Is that his reason for appointin only pipo from his region into nnpc other places?
U tink u r wise abi?
Conspiracy theorist

Your contribution does not make sense. Nobody hates the Igbos .

Igbo's should realise that life is a battle fought with sense. If Igbo's want power they should seek with calculatively.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by SarkinYarki: 12:39pm On Sep 14, 2017
DonBobes:

I de o. Just de close my left eye sleep because of Wetin i hear say AREWA youths talk o. Say dem no go retaliate in d north wahalai dat thing make my belle empty i just de eat anyhow because my belle too sweet.
But believe me NO SOLDIER WANTS A WAR WITHIN.

Kai ..we need to appeal for calm ..I am tired of bloodshed
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by rlauncher(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
DonBobes:
Good write up though.
Nagode

You can describe a weak person accurately without necessarily abusing or insulting him. Whatever we may think of him, Goodluck Jonathan remains our former president.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by DonBobes(m): 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
SarkinYarki:

Kai ..we need to appeal for calm ..I am tired of bloodshed
Wahalai
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Juchii(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2017
All I know is that Cameroon boot sink is not ordinary after they killed almost hundred Nigerians
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by hakimi1974(m): 9:35pm On Sep 14, 2017
no be beans to be c in c of any country, so many tough decions to act on, and it takes one with a heart of steel and the wisdom of solomon to act DECISIVELY on them.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by emmydadave: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
What is dis one saying? Jumping from chad to cameroon to boko haram to menene, is that supposed to scare me? Rubbish
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by lionel4power(m): 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2017
SSBN:
Three Nigerian Air Force jets headed towards N’Djamena,-the Chadian Capital, are intercepted and forced to turn back a Chadian Mig-29 fighter jet.
French Air Defence radars detected a pair of Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jets making a very low high speed approach direct flight towards the Chadian Capital N’Djemena. The Air Defence site alerted the intruders they are in violation of Chadian airspace and asked the intruders to steer clear off the Capital. The Alpha Jets ignored the warning. Minutes later a pair of Chadian Mig-29 fighters were vectored to intercept the intruders, at which point the Alpha jets reversed course and flew back into Nigerian airspace.

In another incident, a French Air Force fighter jet intercepted and forced back a Nigerian Air Force ATR-47 Intelligence gathering plane that penetrated into Chadian airspace and was circling around the Chadian capital spying on Chadian/French air defense sites located at the airport and transmitting data back to Nigerian command stations in real time.

72 hours later Nigerian satellites detected a pair of Chadian AD MiG-29 interceptors in an open airfield undergoing maintenance. Taking advantage of this another NAF ATR-42 spy plane flew at over Chadian airspace unchallenged ,collecting and transmitting data on French and Chadian military formations for nearly an hour before flying back into Nigerian airspace.

Furious the Chadian Ministry of Defense immediately lodged an official protest against overflights by Nigerian surveillance and combat aircrafts via a telephone call to Aso Rock. President Buhari apologised, saying the pilots may have lost their way and not realised they were violating Chadian airspace.

In a third incident two Nigerian Air Force Mi-24 Hind helicopter gunships conducting COIN operations were in hot pursuit of a group of fleeing Boko Haram fighters. The terrorists fled into Chadian tertitory, the pair of Mi-24 gunships entered Chadian airspace and continued its pursuit. They were detected by Chadian Air Defence radars and ordered to leave. Shortly after they were ordered to leave two other Nigerian Air Force Alpha Jets were detected flying at low level and in high speed heading towards the same direction the two attack helicopters went.

This time two French Air Force Mirage F1 fighters were bscrambled to intercept the Alpha jets. Within minutes the Mirage fighters established visual identification and called for the Alpha jets to turn back or tis getting shot down. The Alpha jets ignored the warning and continued with their flight.

Moments later two other aircrafts was detected by Chadian/French Air Defence radars inside Chadian airspace. These new contacts were on afterburner on supersonic speed, faster than the Alpha jets. The Chadian/French Air Defence operators were alarmed by these intruding aircrafts coming out of no where and scrambled two more Mirage F1s to intercept the intruders.

Visual identification confirmed the intruders as Nigerian Air Force F-7N jet, a high speed interceptor, faster than the Mirage.The Mirage pilots warned the F-7N’s over the radio to break away and egress or risk getting shot down. The F-7N pilot ignored the warning and maintained its flight course until the Hind Attack helicopters and Alpha jets were safely outside Chadian airspace before egressing and returning to Nigerian airspace.

Though risky, this hair raising event was meant to send a clear message to the Franco military alliance : Nigeria retains the will and capacity to carry out airstrikes deep inside Chadian territory and relying on French Air Force Mirage for its air defense will not change the status quo. Nigeria’s robust ISR/ISTAT/ELINT capabilities utilisating space and air assets means it can bypass whatever the Chadians can throw at it at will.

………now you will be forgiven if you think this is a page from a Tom Clancy novel, except its not. These are real actual on going events. But what happened? How did we get to the point of actual brinkmaship? For answers we need to go back in time,nearly 60 years ago.It started with a bomb.

WHENEVER YOU STEAL AN ARTICLE MAKE SURE YOU
CREDIT THE OWNER OR THE SOURCE...

THE INTERNET IS HARSH ON STINGY PLAGIARISM

NEVER MIND YOU'LL SOON LEARN IT THE HARD WAY

Original Post>> www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/09/chadian-and-french-air-force-fighters.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Dede1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
Moronic Nigeria has no chance against Chadian air superiority. It is very silly to talk about Nigerian Alpha Jets against Chadian MIG 29s and Mirage 1s. In fact, Nigeria is silly joke. I can never associate with a dumbass country such as Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2017
lionel4power:

WHENEVER YOU STEAL AN ARTICLE MAKE SURE YOU
CREDIT THE OWNER OR THE SOURCE...

THE INTERNET IS HARSH ON STINGY PLAGIARISM

NEVER MIND YOU'LL SOON LEARN IT THE HARD WAY

Original Post>> www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2017/09/chadian-and-french-air-force-fighters.html?m=1

Plagiarism. Looking at it now you are technically actually right. But in a different context. The is modifying information to complete a picture for the reader's to understand the context. The theme of that article is less to do with that event but more to do with making Nigerians understand the history and source of the seemingly never ending strife Nigeria has been suffering for 15 years straight.

On your STEALING allegation. You realise you did not credit a verifiable source of the report. Your aim for blogging might be to rake in viewers or monetize the site. My aim is different. What I am doing is trying to make Nigerians realize that the nation is under attack and there is a massive cover up. We are sitting on a tickling time bomb. The more Nigerians think outside the box and start researching and seeking answers by themselves, the more our chances of averting disasters engineered to partition this country. Next time you might want to lay your complaints via the right channel.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dede1:
Moronic Nigeria has no chance against Chadian air superiority. It is very silly to talk about Nigerian Alpha Jets against Chadian MIG 29s and Mirage 1s. In fact, Nigeria is silly joke. I can never associate with a dumbass country such as Nigeria.

You clearly have zero understanding of what air power really entails. An aircraft us only as good as the pilot and support infrastructure. A MiG-29 is nothing but an aircraft with cannons without real pilots (not east Europe a mercenaries ), the right compliment of weapons, reconnaissance and early warning platforms and of course, TRAINING. Having a couple of MiG'29's does not automatically translate into combat effectiveness.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by lionel4power(m): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
SSBN:

Plagiarism. Looking at it now you are technically actually right. But in a different context. The is modifying information to complete a picture for the reader's to understand the context. The theme of that article is less to do with that event but more to do with making Nigerians understand.
The source for that information you so easily used was paid for in dollars, although am not the owner but I knew what he passed through to get it.

anyway if you check africanmilitaryblog.com you'll see that we took some post from defensenigeria but we gave you full credit for it you can check.

so its just simple courtesy to reciprocate.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2017
You payed French Intelligence dollars or a source? Not clear, but either way it shows you are a patriot and we are on the same team. Let us use what we have to expose the dark hidden conspiracy to destroy this country and deny us peace. It's been nearly twenty years of never ending conflicts. You squash one another one rears its ugly head.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by lionel4power(m): 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
SSBN:
You payed French Intelligence dollars or a source? Not clear, but either way it shows you are a patriot and we are on the same team. Let us use what we have to expose the dark hidden conspiracy to destroy this country and deny us peace. It's been nearly twenty years of never ending conflicts. You squash one another one rears its ugly head.
Ten-Four!!
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
Juchii:
All I know is that Cameroon boot sink is not ordinary after they killed almost hundred Nigerians
I agree ! Those Cameroonian special forces that died are not tourist or civilians, they are experts at what they do, they know those waterways like the back of their palm, I don’t believe in that boat mishap story.
Re: Nigeria, France And Chad Teetering On The Brink Of War. by Juchii(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I agree ! Those Cameroonian special forces that died are not tourist or civilians, they are experts at what they do, they know those waterways like the back of their palm, I don’t believe in that boat mishap story.

Your head is there guy. Even up till now, the cause of their death remain unknown. The path is their usuall link to the site. I wonder how shark will miraculously attack them without them first identifying it. And their body can not be found.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2022 AFRD: Governor Ugwuanyi Honours Fallen Heroes, Presents Gifts To Widows / Former Emir Sanusi's Fraud Further Exposed / How A Yoruba Barber In 1925 Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.