Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria (2135 Views)

My Personal Doctors Are in London - Buhari / These Are The 24 Selfish Reasons Nigerian Doctors Are On Strike-premiumtimes / All Amaechi's Doctors Are Psychiatrists-austin Opara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 1:57am On Feb 28, 2010
Information Minister,   Professor Dora  Akunyili has dropped another bombshell saying she is fed up with the “lies” told by some presidential aides about the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

She also says the president’s return on Wednesday has “actually exaggerated uncertainty, confusion, anxiety, fear and concern, not just by Nigerians but by the international community”.

However, four American doctors are due in Nigeria this weekend to attend to the ailing President.

They are expected to collaborate with some Nigerian doctors to reappraise the President’s health status.
Professor Akunyili whose February 5th memo to the Executive Council of the Federation, EXCOF, forced a change in the official position on the President’s health, told Sunday Vanguard and two other newspapers in Abuja, (See Full Interview on cover section ) that the confusion trailing the return of the President from Saudi Arabia could not be blamed on him because “he is peace loving” and the rule of law he preaches” is from his heart”.

“I believe that it is people around him that are gaining from the confusion; people around him that are doing to him today what 100 million political enemies cannot do to him”, she said, adding: “He has done a lot for this country and suddenly, a few people are rubbishing it. They stole him into this country in the night”.

Expressing personal frustration at her inaccessibility to information on the President’s health status, she said: “You manage information if you have information.  We did not have information that our President was travelling to Saudi Arabia until we read it in the news, and when he was in Saudi Arabia we hardly got information.

“We never had a comprehensive channel of getting information that we are sure of and most of the information sometimes, they don’t add up and it gets very disturbing. When they don’t add up, you feel very awkward reporting such information.

Although she admitted that her February 5th memo was a turning point in what she called “the politics of Yar’Adua’s illness”, and goaded some people into action at various levels, one of her children in the USA, who read it on the internet called on phone and asked “What is wrong with Mummy? Is she on drugs?”

* American doctors coming for Yar’Adua
The invitation of the four man team is to the knowledge of Acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Americans are to work in collaboration with some Nigerians medical experts, with a view to reviewing the Yar’Adua’s health status.

Their findings will determine to a large extent the next line of action of Acting President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan this week.

Former President Obasanjo and some past leaders are said to be involved in or have ideas about the move to bring in the medical experts.

Unofficially, Acting President Jonathan is also working with the assistance of some Western countries with a view to laying to rest the present matter of constitutional stasis.

The statement of the American government to the effect that the return of Yar’Adua to Nigeria should not be used by his associates to create unnecessary instability in the country is a testament to that country’s role towards a better resolution of the present power game.

Closure is near; read the rest of the story here: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/02/28/im-fed-up-with-lies-about-yaradua-dora-akunyilis-latest-bombshell/

Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by naso2(m): 2:03am On Feb 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

“I believe that it is people around him that are gaining from the confusion; people around him that are doing to him today what 100 million political enemies cannot do to him”, she said, adding: “He has done a lot for this country and suddenly, a few people are rubbishing it. They stole him into this country in the night”.

Expressing personal frustration at her inaccessibility to information on the President’s health status, she said: “You manage information if you have information. We did not have information that our President was travelling to Saudi Arabia until we read it in the news, and when he was in Saudi Arabia we hardly got information.

“We never had a comprehensive channel of getting information that we are sure of and most of the information sometimes, they don’t add up and it gets very disturbing. When they don’t add up, you feel very awkward reporting such information.

Although she admitted that her February 5th memo was a turning point in what she called “the politics of Yar’Adua’s illness”, and goaded some people into action at various levels, one of her children in the USA, who read it on the internet called on phone and asked “What is wrong with Mummy? Is she on drugs?”

Stole him into the country? Abeg Dora kooooooooool down . Your are getting too hot , please dont overdo it.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by desgiezd(m): 2:33am On Feb 28, 2010
While I acknowledge the role Dora has played so far and continued to play, we concerned Nigerians told her when she accepted her ministerial post that she was not cut out for the art of calling white black even when all are seeing that this is white.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 2:38am On Feb 28, 2010
Dora needs to shut the fu/ck up. . . .
She is starting to sound like an attention seeking slowpoke!
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by riversman: 2:52am On Feb 28, 2010
heavily contradicting herself, lawd!!!! do these leaders kno a thing about honesty?

she neeeds a good team of professionals as her staff, cos current staff cant guide Madam
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Robotnik: 3:16am On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

you no get shame, na person mama you dey abuse , spoilt kid, cabalistic moronic demon
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by metalgong5(m): 4:21am On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

Nincompoop!!

Robotnik:

you no get shame, na person mama you dey abuse , spoilt kid, cabalistic moronic demon

Dont mind the knucklehead, he is a certified Nairaland clown who enjoys derailing every thread with his three liners.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Sammy107d(m): 4:22am On Feb 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

This kid never got butt-trashed by mom!
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by naijamini(m): 4:29am On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

No, she should continue to tell it as it is. The obtuse treatment of people of honorable character by Yar'adua's cabal deserves to be exposed.

I don't know what is wrong with Nigerians sef - If Jonathan doesn't speak he is a coward, if Aunty Dora states it plainly she is too hot.

All I know is that we need complete information on how our nation is being run, otherwise the states, regions or any other almagamation you want should go their separate ways. This house has truly fallen.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 28, 2010
naija - seems the only tough people are women - turai and dora
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by naijamini(m): 5:46am On Feb 28, 2010
oyb:

You are right, the men are way too compromised. Their mouths are sewn shut. I think it is time we draft women of integrity to take over Nigeria's Presidency. Aunty Dora certainly deserves a shot at it.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

You are a goat-a silly goat. If she doesnt talk, you say she is lipid. Now she dey yarn, give her the credit, at least some people dey hear.

Even if you dey smoke weeed, use your head.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by angel101(f): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2010
oyb:

funny but true
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Beaf: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2010
naijamini:

You are right, the men are way too compromised. Their mouths are sewn shut. I think it is time we draft women of integrity to take over Nigeria's Presidency. Aunty Dora certainly deserves a shot at it.

Seconded.

MrCrackles:

You unprogressive guys are beginning to sound like scratched record.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Feb 28, 2010
babaearly:

You are a goat-a silly goat. If she doesnt talk, you say she is lipid. Now she dey yarn, give her the credit, at least some people dey hear.
Even if you dey smoke weeed, use your head.

Shut up you nob jockey. . .
All i am trying to say is that if you need to talk, talk but do so tactically!
Idi/ot

Beaf:

You unprogressive guys are beginning to sound like scratched record.
What is unprogressive about me?
Dora needs to be tactical in her approach not just opening the mouth loud and wide. . . .
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by sjeezy8: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2010
shes seeking attention and some type of empathy if you read the interview she goes on somekind of self praise like wtf

she also talked about Soludo "having no moral ground to take anambra elections to court- hes being a sore loser"- but shes from the same party as him.

I mean is this the type of person you want in your govt as info minister ? wtf her job should be strictly speaking on what the acting president says, the current administration, the constitution and things of that matter.

Not personal opinions or feelings.
and Not saying nonsense about Jesus, people who have no morals, who ever is lying and what not.

People like her make Nigeria theatrical not to mention she switched sides like hell. NOLLYWOOD
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2010
He was flown in by ambulance, driven by ambulance to Aso Rock and has not been seen or heard from since. Why are we wasting time and money convening these so called medical experts?

Whilst we all wish him and other sick nigerians well, it is clear he has not recovered suffciently to lead the country. Resignation would be the honourable and patriotic course of action.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Beaf: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

. . .
What is unprogressive about me?
Dora needs to be tactical in her approach not just opening the mouth loud and wide. . . .

My bad, I misunderstood. I agree.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2010
SapeleGuy:

He was flown in by ambulance, driven by ambulance to Aso Rock and has not been seen or heard from since. Why are we wasting time and money convening these so called medical experts?

Whilst we all wish him and other sick nigerians well, it is clear he has not recovered suffciently to lead the country. Resignation would be the honourable and patriotic course of action.

The brouhaha when Yar'Adua was in Saudi Arabia was because he failed to inform parliament that he was going on a medical vacation that would have enabled Jonathan to become the acting President with full executive powers. The parliament gave Jonathan those powers, albeit by resolutions with the same effect as section 145 would have had.

Now, the president is in Nigeria, obviously still on medical vacation, Jonathan is acting President with full executive powers.  It may be wise to maintain this condition for now.

The only real effect that the invocation of section 144 will have is to force Jonathan to pick a vice president immediately. Are you sure we need the drama at this point, as a practical matter? Just asking.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by sojjy: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Mrcrackles,you must be a mannerless and shameless guy 4 you lack basic home training.You needn't to comment if your comment wl be meaningless.The courage of Dora is wel acknowledge all over the world and she won't be intimidated by ur likes.You mst be one of those that imported fake drugs into the country and later caught by NAFDAC under the leadership of Dora. then.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by MrCrackles(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2010
sojjy:

@Mrcrackles,you must be a mannerless and shameless guy 4 you lack basic home training.You needn't to comment if your comment wl be meaningless.The courage of Dora is wel acknowledge all over the world and she won't be intimidated by your likes.You mst be one of those that imported fake drugs into the country and later caught by NAFDAC under the leadership of Dora. then.
Shut the fu/ck up you bloody nob head. . . .
Who is not acknowledging the courage Dora has shown?
What i am saying is that she needs to be careful and tactful on how she sends out the message
Of course we need people who can stand up tall, and Dora happens to be one of them so why would i have any issues with that. . .
You are too daft to understand the message i was sending across and it is not surprising, it is because you are a buffoon!
Bellend
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by RoadStar: 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2010
I said it  grin
It was only a matter of time before she explodes.
Those that made her minister of info din't know what they were toying with.
She is not a political material. She  is just one who will voice her opinion the way she sees it.
Doesn't care if feathers are ruffled.

It is just like making Wole Soyinka, or Gani (RIP) a minister.
Do you expect these individuals to be tactical in their comments ?
I know many who have criticized Wole for not being tactical and attention seeking but the truth is that that is Wole for you.
The same he will tell you is what he will tell the FG, US government and will not give a damn.

In my own opinion we need more of these in our political arena. smiley
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by RoadStar: 2:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

Shut the fu/ck up you bloody nob head. . . .
Who is not acknowledging the courage Dora has shown?
What i am saying is that she needs to be careful and tactful on how she sends out the message
Of course we need people who can stand up tall, and Dora happens to be one of them so why would i have any issues with that. . .
You are too daft to understand the message i was sending across and it is not surprising, it is because you are a buffoon!
Bellend
While I agree with you that she has to be tactiful and calcukated in her comments.
But these apply to civilised situations.

How will you feel if as minister of Info you dont have access to info.
Then when she goes out and tells tactiful info(Lies), people will call for her head.
Even people like who I know have done it many times in the past.

Now she is stating her ming you calling for her head.
Do you know how shameful it is 4 ur president to be smuggled in at night without anyones knowledge.
Do you know how foolish Ojo Maduekwe looked when he appeared on BBc to say that he had neither seen nor heard from the president 4 months.
But was trying to inform the world on the presidents true situation.
Do you know how many jokes are being cracked about Nigeria all over the world because of this Yaradua debacle ?

My friend this not the time to call on anyone to be tactiful or diplomatic in comments undecided
Because all hell has broken loose.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

The brouhaha when Yar'Adua was in Saudi Arabia was because he failed to inform parliament that he was going on a medical vacation that would have enabled Jonathan to become the acting President with full executive powers. The parliament gave Jonathan those powers, albeit by resolutions with the same effect as section 145 would have had.

Now, the president is in Nigeria, obviously still on medical vacation, Jonathan is acting President with full executive powers.  It may be wise to maintain this condition for now.

The only real effect that the invocation of section 144 will have is to force Jonathan to pick a vice president immediately. Are you sure we need the drama at this point, as a practical matter? Just asking.  

My dear sir, you are a clever man and you know that the current situation is an illegality and a dangerous precedent, constitutionally there is no provision for acting president.

Legislators must act with transparency and dare I say it 'uphold the rule of law'. It will be very easy to pick a consensus vice president, what we musn't do is move the goal posts during the game.

The senate acted on that dubious bbc interview to 'construct' their motion, to uphold our constitution they should have declared the ex president incapacitated and commenced impeachment proceedings, if he failed to resign.

Very simple, no magomago no sweetmouth.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by RoadStar: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2010
FYI
MrCrackles and co can you have a look at a more complete version of the article ?

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/feb/28/newsbreak-28-02-2010-001.htm

At least you will appreciate what it means 2 be an uninformed Information minister.
Just like you just got misinformed by the cooked up version you just read  grin grin

There have been many events in the past since the civil war where things went wrong and no one spoke out !
Preferring to be tactful and diplomatic only to come out and start granting interviews and writing books (e.g Obj, David West, Sanusi) when all the water has gone under the bridge.
Great Nations are made of Great people. People like Dora, Wole Soyinka , Gani, Chinua Achebe and co
who will expose all illegalities and put it in the court of public opinion.
And not people who still exhibit all this our cultural tendency to be conniving and hiding evil !
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2010
SapeleGuy:

My dear sir, you are a clever man and you know that the current situation is an illegality and a dangerous precedent, constitutionally there is no provision for acting president.

Legislators must act with transparency and dare I say it 'uphold the rule of law'. It will be very easy to pick a consensus vice president, what we musn't do is move the goal posts during the game.

The senate acted on that dubious bbc interview to 'construct' their motion, to uphold our constitution they should have declared the ex president incapacitated and commenced impeachment proceedings, if he failed to resign.

Very simple, no magomago no sweetmouth.

First of all, I disagree with you that there is no constitutional provision for acting President. Section 145 is a clear example of that provision. Secondly, Jonathan has been  made acting President by resolutions from both houses and given full executive authority.  He has also used this executive authority by replacing the AG and moving N19billion towards the protection of ND sea shores, among other acts.

You talk of the rule of law, I agree that we must respect the rule of law. To date, no court has overturned the resolutions that made Jonathan acting President.  Jonathan remains acting President until Yar'Adua resigns or (God forbid) dies.  

Please note that highly esteemed legal minds disagree with your position and not a single court in the land has ruled that Jonathan's acting President status is illegal. I venture to say that the status quo, regarding this issue will remain unchanged.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 3:32pm On Feb 28, 2010
The reason I say that it is illegal is because we have no proof that that interview with the BBC was from 2010 or 2006. It is in that context that I say there is no provision for acting president, impeachment was the proper action. Legal minds will tell you anything, it is called taking a position, it doesn't mean it is honest, patriotic or right.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2010
SapeleGuy:

The reason I say that it is illegal is because we have no proof that that interview with the BBC was from 2010 or 2006. It is in that context that I say there is no provision for acting president, impeachment was the proper action. Legal minds will tell you anything, it is called taking a position, it doesn't mean it is honest, patriotic or right.

I understand your feeling. Unfortunately, your feeling or the fact that you don't have proof one way or the other about events, does not and cannot render anything illegal. The legislators passed the said resolutions rendering Jonathan's acting President status fully legal. It remains legal regardless on one's wishes until a court rules that the resolutions are illegal or unconstitutional. Its that simple.

I was also calling for Yar'Adua's impeachment when he was not in Nigeria and no one could say with certainty that the man is ill or even alive. That situation has changed. Yar'Adua is in Nigeria and sick enough to be unable to address the nation. The constitution does not call for impeaching a president simply because he is sick, even if the illness is terminal.

The right thing to do is to provide the best posible health care for our sick president. May God heal the man, he is a good man.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2010
@@@@@@@@@@
i think this dora deserve some commendation

lets not shut her down lipsrsealed

least we forget Bankole still dey vex  lipsrsealed

so beRich this is the way to remeove delta, ijebu ode to Benin
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Beaf: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Sapele and ndu

I sincerely believe that any process toward Yar Adua's impeachment would have swept the nation up into unimaginable chaos. The governors, Senators, Reps and PDP top echelon did the right thing in using the phone call as the tool to install an acting president.
I sincerely believe Jonathan should remain acting president as long as he can manage it; the confusion of choosing a deputy is something we can do without as ndu_chucks said. Yar Adua must be given the very best medical attention money can buy.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^^^

ur opinion

at least u attested to it!!

i think its very important to note
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2010
Beaf:

@Sapele and ndu

I sincerely believe that any process toward Yar Adua's impeachment would have swept the nation up into unimaginable chaos. The governors, Senators, Reps and PDP top echelon did the right thing in using the phone call as the tool to install an acting president.
I sincerely believe Jonathan should remain acting president as long as he can manage it; the confusion of choosing a deputy is something we can do without as ndu_chucks said. Yar Adua must be given the very best medical attention money can buy.

A reasonable statement from Beaf for a change.  smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Explosion: Dokpesi’s Suit Frivolous - Sss ! / Respite As Tanker Drivers Suspend Warning Strike / Apo 6 Killer Zakari Biu Now Commisioner Of Police Responsible For Escape Of Maddala Bomb Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.