Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,951 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:31 AM

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria (2136 Views)

My Personal Doctors Are in London - Buhari / These Are The 24 Selfish Reasons Nigerian Doctors Are On Strike-premiumtimes / All Amaechi's Doctors Are Psychiatrists-austin Opara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

I understand your feeling. Unfortunately, your feeling or the fact that you don't have proof one way or the other about events, does not and cannot render anything illegal. The legislators passed the said resolutions rendering Jonathan's acting President status fully legal.  It remains legal regardless on one's wishes until a court rules that the resolutions are illegal or unconstitutional.  Its that simple.

I was also calling for Yar'Adua's impeachment when he was not in Nigeria and no one could say with certainty that the man is ill or even alive. That situation has changed. Yar'Adua is in Nigeria and sick enough to be unable to address the nation.  The constitution does not call for impeaching a president simply because he is sick, even if the illness is terminal.  

The right thing to do is to provide the best posible health care for our sick president. May God heal the man, he is a good man.

This is about due process, there is no room for unnecessary sentiment, May God heal all sick people and all sick Nigerians.

So it seems that you too also questioned the action by calling for impeachment whilst Yaradua was away. As i said to you on another thread you have changed your mind because you don see ambulance.
What has changed? he was incapacitated in Saudi and he is incapacitated now in Nigeria, respectfully resign or face impeachment.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Beaf: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2010
ndu_chucks:

A reasonable statement from Beaf for a change. smiley

Sleep jare! Because I agreed with you for once? cheesy
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2010
SapeleGuy:

This is about due process, there is no room for unnecessary sentiment, May God heal all sick people and all sick Nigerians.

So it seems that you too also questioned the action by calling for impeachment whilst Yaradua was away. As i said to you on another thread you have changed your mind because you don see ambulance.
What has changed? he was incapacitated in Saudi and he is incapacitated now in Nigeria, respectfully resign or face impeachment.

This naivity you are displaying in unbecoming. Ngwuanu, go and arrange for the initiation of the said impeachment process or get FEC to declare him medically incapacitated.

Please note that if Yar'Adua is not brain dead and has even a 1% chance of recovering, the FEC will not declare him incapacitated; they will simply come and tell us that he is gravely ill but not incapacitated. Then what?
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2010
I am advocating evolution as opposed to revolution. Impeachment was always the last resort after giving him the chance to prove his fitness or resign. Look how the same situation was handled overnight in Israel, let us call a spade a spade. Show the true condition of the man, FEC will have no option but to declare him incapacitated and then let us see who will cause chaos?

Nduchuks - you people are too used to thinking in a wuruwuru/crooked manner. We saw pictures of Ariel Sharon in coma in Israel, will it kill you people to tell the truth for once?
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by udezue(m): 5:38pm On Feb 28, 2010
Those calling for Dora's head should please be quiet. If she no talk you will say she is a coward and corrupt now she is speaking up and giving you the truth she is being tactless (not telling LIES) you can't handle it. Nigerians have a culture of sweeping every single thing regardless of the severity under the rug.

We need more people like her who are ready to speak up and not give a hoot about who it irks.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by okunoba(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2010
@Ndu_Chuks,  The Constitution clearly states that the president must inform the senate any time he/she is flying out of the country 4 medical or leisure reasons, Yaraua didn`t do this, that is a clear violation of the Nigerian Constitution which he swear ed to up hold. Violation of the Constitution I think is enough grounds to start impeaching procedure. But if the president was in no position to write when he became ill, then he wouldn`t be guilty as he was not in a position to write.  What does the Constitution say when this happens?  If there is no provision in the Constitution for such common eventuality, then i would say the Constitution is weak and not well thought out.

If The BBC  interview can be taken as evidence of a written latter by Yaradua, then it shows he was able at some point able to communicate directly to the Nigerian Senate of his absence, but rather chose not to and instead chose to communicate with a foreign press. This is the disrespect not just to the senators but to the people of Nigeria, we are being taken for a ride.

If the great law minds were following the Constitution we would already have the motion to impeach in place by now. Unless it can be proven that Yaradua as been incapacitated since the first day of his illness. Then again we would have to look at what the Constitution says, this might be the real problem and not knowing his condition.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by nduchucks: 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2010
okunoba:

@Ndu_Chuks, The Constitution clearly states that the president must inform the senate any time he/she is flying out of the country 4 medical or leisure reasons, Yaraua didn`t do this, that is a clear violation of the Nigerian Constitution which he swear ed to up hold. Violation of the Constitution I think is enough grounds to start impeaching procedure. But if the president was in no position to write when he became ill, then he wouldn`t be guilty as he was not in a position to write. What does the Constitution say when this happens? If there is no provision in the Constitution for such common eventuality, then i would say the Constitution is weak and not well thought out.

If The BBC interview can be taken as evidence of a written latter by Yaradua, then it shows he was able at some point able to communicate directly to the Nigerian Senate of his absence, but rather chose not to and instead chose to communicate with a foreign press. This is the disrespect not just to the senators but to the people of Nigeria, we are being taken for a ride.

If the great law minds were following the Constitution we would already have the motion to impeach in place by now. Unless it can be proven that Yaradua as been incapacitated since the first day of his illness. Then again we would have to look at what the Constitution says, this might be the real problem and not knowing his condition.

Good write-up. The bottom line is that there are too many unknowns at the moment. Sooner or later, the truth shall become known.

The only thing we may be sure of, is that Yar'Adua is gravely ill and is in Nigeria at the moment. The right thing to do is to provide him with the best possible health care we can muster. I agree with you that our constitution needs to be reworked in certain very important areas.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
^^^My friend your reasoning is clouded by sentimentality, let me put this succinctly - Aso Rock no be hospital.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by Myself2(m): 10:46pm On Feb 28, 2010
I love this,Dora please fire on,if only to reawkaken those slumbering senators to invoke the relevant sections of the constitution and impeach Yar Adua on health grounds
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria by rebranded(m): 1:14am On Mar 01, 2010
MrCrackles :

Dora needs to shut the fu/ck up. . . .
She is starting to sound like an attention seeking slowpoke!

You nor get sense for saying that, If she nor talk you will complain now shes talking you have to insult her! not needed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Campaign Songs: / Mubarak Desperately Clings To Power - Clock Ticking / Seun - Thnx! Forgive My Temper Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.